Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Tiago Ilori (Liverpool -> Reading)

Read 100801 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Tiago Ilori Player Thread
      Reply #483: Sep 06, 2015 06:28:21 am
      It's official. Taken the No. 2 kit over at Villa. I'm sure Sherwood will take great care of him...

Unfuckingbelievable!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #484: Sep 06, 2015 12:05:54 pm
      Another monumental cock up in the transfer market by Rodgers. This lad looked to have a lot of potential, paid a decent amount for him and we haven't even given him a single second on the pitch.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #485: Sep 06, 2015 12:23:53 pm
      Another monumental cock up in the transfer market by Rodgers. This lad looked to have a lot of potential, paid a decent amount for him and we haven't even given him a single second on the pitch.

This is one (another thing) that frustrates me currently about the running of the club, there seems no joined up thinking in the structure

I've been critical of the manager since the end of last season as I think he is at best compliant in the lack of direction within the club now

The is this muddy area in terms of who is signing players and that frustrates me. Let's take it that Illori was a (mainly) committee pushed signing, yes Rodgers sits on the committee but by the apparent thought process the signings of Illori and Texieira were pushed by others on that (ill fated ) committee..
      So the money spent on them, they come in not really in the managers mind and don't impress during training at all ( we don't know but I'd doubt they are progressing in training to stand out and still never be used) so then the lads sent out on loan here tgere and everywhere to see if he develops ( or simply to get him out the managers hair as he didn't want him) he comes back again and again to the stage where the manager just washes his hands of him and decides he just doesn't want him and the world of football is made aware ( the thought was that he was played in the Everton ressies game to get him a move and not to just get him game time and was reported that there was 100 scouts at the game and he was one being watched)
      So then he's actively fu**ed off to whoever will have him.

A waste of money and time that yes we may well get back ( in fee but not wages) but the money could have been spent on another player or an upgrade on a signing that summer he was brought in

From the lads point of view he leaves his native country, is shunted around a couple more countries and now signed by a club who I'm not sure where they plan to use him seeing as he is one of three cbs they have brought in this summer adding to the one they have

We suffer from no distinctive plan and too many cooks throwing ideas in on too many areas of the club

Fucks me off
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #486: Sep 06, 2015 01:41:50 pm
      Is it 23 players in two season that is just by any measure bonkers but then to loan out 9 of them is just pure stupidity.
      Its just a freak show at the moment and people are waiting for the next F**k up.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #487: Sep 06, 2015 03:27:52 pm
      Incredible
      still cannot believe we have people ready to make these type of deals
      we buy an U21 international player for £7M, we loan him 2 seasons in a row, on the third we lend him again (this time to a premiership club)but this time giving the other club an option to buy, without even giving the kid a chance to wear a Liverpool senior team jersey
       Why the f*ck we bought him in the 1st.place,
      somehow  I compare this to the pogba/mancs deal .red nose Fergie said he is not good enough,so they let him go. and we all know what  pogba  turned out to be
         wish the lad good luck ,IMHO  he will not be retuning here,
      YNWA

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #488: Sep 06, 2015 05:19:40 pm
      This is one (another thing) that frustrates me currently about the running of the club, there seems no joined up thinking in the structure

I've been critical of the manager since the end of last season as I think he is at best compliant in the lack of direction within the club now

The is this muddy area in terms of who is signing players and that frustrates me. Let's take it that Illori was a (mainly) committee pushed signing, yes Rodgers sits on the committee but by the apparent thought process the signings of Illori and Texieira were pushed by others on that (ill fated ) committee..
      So the money spent on them, they come in not really in the managers mind and don't impress during training at all ( we don't know but I'd doubt they are progressing in training to stand out and still never be used) so then the lads sent out on loan here tgere and everywhere to see if he develops ( or simply to get him out the managers hair as he didn't want him) he comes back again and again to the stage where the manager just washes his hands of him and decides he just doesn't want him and the world of football is made aware ( the thought was that he was played in the Everton ressies game to get him a move and not to just get him game time and was reported that there was 100 scouts at the game and he was one being watched)
      So then he's actively fu**ed off to whoever will have him.

A waste of money and time that yes we may well get back ( in fee but not wages) but the money could have been spent on another player or an upgrade on a signing that summer he was brought in

From the lads point of view he leaves his native country, is shunted around a couple more countries and now signed by a club who I'm not sure where they plan to use him seeing as he is one of three cbs they have brought in this summer adding to the one they have

We suffer from no distinctive plan and too many cooks throwing ideas in on too many areas of the club

Fucks me off

With the lack of opportunities that young foreign players get at our club, would it not be a surprise is young players with high potential decide to not sign for us in the future?
      I just can't work out the rationale behind our youth transfer strategy....oh right, there isn't one.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #489: Sep 06, 2015 10:41:42 pm
      Incredible
      still cannot believe we have people ready to make these type of deals
      we buy an U21 international player for £7M, we loan him 2 seasons in a row, on the third we lend him again (this time to a premiership club)but this time giving the other club an option to buy, without even giving the kid a chance to wear a Liverpool senior team jersey
       Why the f*ck we bought him in the 1st.place,
      somehow  I compare this to the pogba/mancs deal .red nose Fergie said he is not good enough,so they let him go. and we all know what  pogba  turned out to be
         wish the lad good luck ,IMHO  he will not be retuning here,
      YNWA

If he does return, we'll have ourselves the most blindly loyal player in our squad.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #490: Sep 07, 2015 11:20:57 am

Not in the football structure Jon - the financial/business structure on the other hand...

The lad was a cheap punt - a kid with potential who, if he makes it, sees a hefty return and if he doesn't then it's no big loss (amortisation) especially as other clubs have been paying his wages.

An older, experienced, more expensive, quality player, on the other hand... well there's no good money to be made.

Sadly that's one of the reasons our first XI is rife with hedged bets - mid-range players on mid-range wages.

None of that makes for a top football team of course but I'm not sure that's where our investors owners priorities lie - in fact I'm certain they don't.

How much do you reckon 'we' will get for Coutinho to fund the next round of punts?  >:D
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #491: Sep 07, 2015 01:25:30 pm
      How much do you reckon 'we' will get for Coutinho to fund the next round of punts?  >:D
      Should be quite near or more than Suarez's fee atleast.

Between 70-90 million should be the way to go for the new set of potential to come in.:depressed:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #492: Sep 07, 2015 06:04:03 pm
      Is it Villa he's off too? Villa who have just signed Richards and Lescott...

Won't even get a game all season just watch.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #493: Sep 07, 2015 07:59:37 pm
      Will most likely get more game time than he would at anfield.
      Such a waste of scouting time, money, training and time if this is the end result.
      A loan to buy.
      Ridiculous once again from our club
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #494: Sep 08, 2015 01:01:54 am
      How much do you reckon 'we' will get for Coutinho to fund the next round of punts?

Suarez and Neymar have already been buttering him up, pretty sure he'll be off to Barca in the summer. Then we'll see that money spent just as well as ambitiously as we always have I suspect.

Not to worry though when the stadium is built we might see some 'investment' to arrive in the CL before they finally F**k off.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #495: Sep 08, 2015 10:07:36 am
      Not to worry though when the stadium is built we might see some 'investment' to arrive
      Tell you what Luke - I won't be holding my hand on my arse while I'm waiting for that but...

They're more likely to cash their chips with a refurb' complete (along with stand naming rights) so, for that alone, the work can't finish quickly enough in my opinion.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #496: Sep 08, 2015 10:55:52 am
      Tell you what Luke - I won't be holding my hand on my arse while I'm waiting for that but...

They're more likely to cash their chips with a refurb' complete (along with stand naming rights) so, for that alone, the work can't finish quickly enough in my opinion.

Well it would seem to me at that point they would reach the height of their ambition and with the minimum investment they'd have the greatest return. Job done onto the next project for JWH and the rest of the con men.

I'd love nothing more than fans to run the club at this point, it's the only way football is going to reclaim some heart because the more it becomes a business the more I'm driven away.

(apologies for derailing the thread)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #497: Sep 08, 2015 11:55:11 am
      because the more it becomes a business the more I'm driven away.

I'm sure many would agree with this sentence.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #498: Sep 08, 2015 12:52:45 pm
      The way some are talking is that we've just loaned out Messi, yet hardly anyone has seen him play.  :D

He's had some niggling injuries by all accounts, and this could be one of the reasons he's been loaned out to Villa - where if he can break into the team over the other sick note Richards, prove his worth, keep fit, then who knows what will happen on his return.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #499: Sep 08, 2015 02:43:34 pm
      The way some are talking is that we've just loaned out Messi, yet hardly anyone has seen him play.  :D

He's had some niggling injuries by all accounts, and this could be one of the reasons he's been loaned out to Villa - where if he can break into the team over the other sick note Richards, prove his worth, keep fit, then who knows what will happen on his return.

Some sence at last. cheers.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #500: Sep 10, 2015 07:45:36 pm
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #501: Sep 10, 2015 07:47:51 pm
      Is it Villa he's off too? Villa who have just signed Richards and Lescott...

Won't even get a game all season just watch.

holding midfield me thinks
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #502: Sep 11, 2015 08:10:46 am

Never even thought of that. Could work
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #503: Sep 22, 2015 09:49:46 pm
      another villa game tonight and not even on the bench again,Liverpool has NO interest in developing him or sending him to a club who will. 7 million down the pan
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #504: Sep 22, 2015 10:08:13 pm
      another villa game tonight and not even on the bench again,Liverpool has NO interest in developing him or sending him to a club who will. 7 million down the pan

He played for their U21 last week which he could have done at LFC.......
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #505: Sep 22, 2015 11:13:28 pm
      We're going to have such a bad name and reputation for young prospects across Europe to the point that even Joe Bloggs himself will tell us to F**k off.

Quick Reply