Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Tiago Ilori (Liverpool -> Reading)

Read 100382 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Tiago Ilori Player Thread
      Reply #529: Nov 19, 2015 03:29:19 pm
      tell villa if he dont play in the next 4 games we want them to terminate their loan agreement and hand him back surely in small print there must be a minimum requirement of game time
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #530: Nov 19, 2015 03:44:00 pm
      tell villa if he dont play in the next 4 games we want them to terminate their loan agreement and hand him back surely in small print there must be a minimum requirement of game time

Why must there be something in the small print of the contract? If Villa have said that he'll be back up or a squad player then we can have no grievance over his lack of playing time. If he isn't actually good enough then he shouldn't play, simple as.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8510 
      Reply #531: Nov 19, 2015 03:57:37 pm
      Why must there be something in the small print of the contract? If Villa have said that he'll be back up or a squad player then we can have no grievance over his lack of playing time. If he isn't actually good enough then he shouldn't play, simple as.

Because imo he is a good player, he just needs playing time. Had Harry Kane in his back pocket when Portugal played England in the U-21 Euro Championships during the summer. Just like Teixiera this is another F**k up by Brodge.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #532: Nov 20, 2015 10:10:57 am
      Because imo he is a good player, he just needs playing time. Had Harry Kane in his back pocket when Portugal played England in the U-21 Euro Championships during the summer. Just like Teixiera this is another f**k up by Brodge.
      big time Brodge just buying numbers with no actual realy plan in his head what to do with them, he looks on par with young Gomez who also as a CB could become a top player
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #533: Nov 30, 2015 09:27:30 am
      I think we should get Tiago back in Jan even if its to cover the right full back position.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #534: Nov 30, 2015 09:40:33 am
      Is he getting in the Villa team yet? If he isn't, are we to assume yet another manager is simply too thick to see how good he is, or is it infact that he isn't as good as we think/hope he is?
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,986 posts | 222 
      Reply #535: Nov 30, 2015 10:01:17 pm
      been injured
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,986 posts | 222 
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #537: Dec 01, 2015 02:18:58 pm
      Is it me or does it seem like Ilori is always injured?
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #538: Dec 02, 2015 11:47:00 am
      I either think this guy is going to be a 'I can't understand why Brendan wasn't playing him' OR 'He is poop'.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #539: Dec 02, 2015 12:14:17 pm
      Poor move for him Villa. He'd have been much better served dropping a division or a further season abroad. Villa are in a mess and were always destined to be.

However unpopular it is, and as much as I disagree, in those scenarios the majority of managers will choose experience over youth. In Richards and Okore, Villa have on paper a powerful defence to split up.

His game time has been so little in his career so far and if you add in injuries as well, his development is really suffering. My guess is eventually he will have a decent career abroad at a mid table to Europa league level.

I think if he was gonna go to Villa he might as well have stayed here, and personally I'd have had him ahead of Kolo whos roll in this team should be being taken up by a younger prospect rather than a fading force.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,138 posts | 4893 
      Reply #540: Dec 02, 2015 02:06:36 pm
      Is he getting in the Villa team yet? If he isn't, are we to assume yet another manager is simply too thick to see how good he is, or is it infact that he isn't as good as we think/hope he is?

Or a new manager in a struggling side doesn't want to risk him when he has more experienced players?

Playing in the games like tonight's for us was the perfect way to ease him in and find out his qualities at his club not trusting a relegation threatened side like Villa to develop him.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #541: Dec 02, 2015 02:23:20 pm
      Or a new manager in a struggling side doesn't want to risk him when he has more experienced players?

Playing in the games like tonight's for us was the perfect way to ease him in and find out his qualities at his club not trusting a relegation threatened side like Villa to develop him.

With hindsight I think we could have picked a better club to loan him to, or even better we should have given him a game or two here in which to get some insight into his potential. As it is he is gaining no experience , we are gaining no knowledge of his ability and in all likely hood he will be unwanted by Villa or us at the end of the season and we will finish up paying his wages when he disappears abroad again next season.     
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,138 posts | 4893 
      Reply #542: Dec 02, 2015 02:27:37 pm
      With hindsight I think we could have picked a better club to loan him to, or even better we should have given him a game or two here in which to get some insight into his potential. As it is he is gaining no experience , we are gaining no knowledge of his ability and in all likely hood he will be unwanted by Villa or us at the end of the season and we will finish up paying his wages when he disappears abroad again next season.     

Agree mate.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #543: Dec 02, 2015 02:44:55 pm
      He's not playing because he arrived at Villa without a pre season so wasn't fit and then got injured in his first game for their u21s.  I believe he's training again now, not that that means he's going to start being selected but there's reasons he's not featured for them yet.

In hindsight it probably wasn't the best place to go but these are the things he has to overcome if he wants to make it in the game.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #544: Jan 01, 2016 10:27:25 am
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12076557/Aston-Villa-to-scrap-Tiago-Iloris-loan-deal-and-send-him-back-to-Liverpool.html

Hoping he will be back - we could do with the cover and I still believe this lad has the chance to make a massive impact. I know BR didn't rate him, but if Klopp can do what he has done to Lovren then I would be delighted...
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #545: Jan 01, 2016 12:16:54 pm
      what a waste of 5 months for a player .

not even given the chance to play, relegation begs for you fodders haha
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #546: Jan 01, 2016 12:20:32 pm
      Another strange signing if not strange use of a signing.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #547: Jan 01, 2016 12:25:01 pm
      Great news if he's coming back from loan early.  Not because I think he'll break into the team and keep his place all season but because it gives Jürgen a good few months working with him to see if he's worth keeping.

He has been riddled with injuries since joining us so has barely been able to get a decent run of games but he's still very young and could still overcome them as he grows into his body.  The talent is definitely there but it's no good if he can't be relied upon to stay fit.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,650 posts | 480 
      Reply #548: Jan 02, 2016 08:53:44 am
      Another strange signing if not strange use of a signing.
      I'd be more inclined with the strange usage option.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,986 posts | 222 
      Reply #549: Jan 05, 2016 11:07:13 pm
      would we be able to rush this through for the weekend after to nights injuries or would it cost us more money even tho they want to send him back?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #550: Jan 06, 2016 12:44:09 am
      would we be able to rush this through for the weekend after to nights injuries or would it cost us more money even tho they want to send him back?

The question we really should be asking is why a 10m center back can't get a look in to the worst side of the Premier League before bringing him back here?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #551: Jan 06, 2016 08:02:12 am
      The question we really should be asking is why a 10m center back can't get a look in to the worst side of the Premier League before bringing him back here?

And the answer is a very British problem, when things ain't going right at a club, they rely more and more in the experienced players that got them into the situation, rather than risking changing fortunes by trying something different or giving youth a chance, they stick with the players that got them into the problem.

Quick Reply