Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Tiago Ilori (Liverpool -> Reading)

Read 100000 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Tiago Ilori Player Thread
      Reply #598: Feb 11, 2016 02:56:52 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLk53gMG90o

Few mistakes here and there, but you can see the quality in him. He actually looks more assured on the ball than any of our CBs.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #599: Feb 11, 2016 03:02:59 pm
      Really like the kid....but then again, I liked Lallana too so I'm going to keep my mouth shut till he does somethign ;D
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #600: Feb 12, 2016 09:18:11 am
      Thanks for posting that, Purple Monkey mate.  I had the impression that he played well on the night but watching that - well, if he can turn in performances like that week in, week out we have no concerns at CB (other than which of the first choice ones are good enough to partner him).

He showed 3 qualities we've sorely missed and which have been our Achilles heel in defence - positional sense, anticipation, and awareness of what's happening around him.  That he can head, block, pass, and do the little naughty things that all good CB's must, is as clear as a mountain stream.  Oh, and it was great to see him actually communicating with Mings and Lucas, pointing, directing and encouraging. 

Sure, there were a couple of misplaced passes and a blatant pull back, but all CB's do that.  If you watch John Stones, the golden god of England's future defence, he makes a dozen ricks like that and worse every game.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #601: Feb 12, 2016 02:17:36 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLk53gMG90o

Few mistakes here and there, but you can see the quality in him. He actually looks more assured on the ball than any of our CBs.

was good to see this vid did not remember him touching the ball so much in the game, he looked really good needs to start more games then we will see what he is all about. don't know why he was out on loan with a right to buy him at villa
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #602: Feb 13, 2016 01:22:27 am
      5 kilos of muscles up and a couple nasty fights in a pub and he could be a monster.

Just needs to get stronger physically and emotionally. What a talent  :champ: Thank you Brendan.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #603: Feb 13, 2016 01:37:37 am
      5 kilos of muscles up and a couple nasty fights in a pub and he could be a monster.

Just needs to get stronger physically and emotionally. What a talent  :champ: Thank you Brendan.

For what? If you want to thank Rodgers, might as well thank Sherwood too :s

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #604: Feb 13, 2016 01:58:53 am
      Sory PM but you same as me knew F**k all about someone called Tiago Abiola Delfim Almeida Ilori until Rodgers signed him for LFC.
      Now you blame Brendan for sending him out to a couple loans as the kid wasnt up to rough PL defending yet? Please ffs
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #605: Feb 13, 2016 02:30:33 am
      Really liked the central defensive partnership in the week. I must admit I'd rather see a little and large combo in the centre aswell even more so in the modern day football. I really enjoyed watching Ilori, yes he gave the ball away a couple of times but who doesn't. There were many more positives than negatives in my view, especially given a position no one' s grabbing by the balls and making themselves starting 11 certainties. He needs games that's for sure but I really hope he's given those here, and not sold off for us to endure more centre backs who in all honest don't know how to play the position, and have been merely moulded in to cb's due to physique etc.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #606: Feb 13, 2016 04:22:31 am
      Sory PM but you same as me knew f**k all about someone called Tiago Abiola Delfim Almeida Ilori until Rodgers signed him for LFC.
      Now you blame Brendan for sending him out to a couple loans as the kid wasnt up to rough PL defending yet? Please ffs

Not all signings were scouted by Rodgers you know. He probably agreed to it like how he agreed to Alberto, Aspas or whoever the committee scouted and suggested without him doing a thorough check.

Why do I assume this? Because Rodgers clearly didn't like what he saw when Ilori arrived, and gave up on him pretty much straight away by loaning him out 3 times without giving him a chance. Oh, the 3rd time was pretty much a F**k off and don't come back loan too, even after a fantastic summer at the Euros.
      And how do you know he wasn't ready for PL in his 1st or 2nd season? He did pretty decent when out on loan in the Spanish and French leagues if you followed his progression, and who's to say he wouldn't have adapted in the Prem back then?

If he stays and fulfill his potential, it won't be Rodgers i'd be thanking, but the manager than nurtures him and gave him the opportunity.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #607: Feb 14, 2016 01:24:47 am
      Not all signings were scouted by Rodgers you know. He probably agreed to it like how he agreed to Alberto, Aspas or whoever the committee scouted and suggested without him doing a thorough check.

Why do I assume this? Because Rodgers clearly didn't like what he saw when Ilori arrived, and gave up on him pretty much straight away by loaning him out 3 times without giving him a chance. Oh, the 3rd time was pretty much a f**k off and don't come back loan too, even after a fantastic summer at the Euros.
      And how do you know he wasn't ready for PL in his 1st or 2nd season? He did pretty decent when out on loan in the Spanish and French leagues if you followed his progression, and who's to say he wouldn't have adapted in the Prem back then?

If he stays and fulfill his potential, it won't be Rodgers i'd be thanking, but the manager than nurtures him and gave him the opportunity.

well said mate
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #608: Feb 15, 2016 11:15:58 pm
      I like Illori and hope he is kept and played this season and next alot more.
      I personally need to see him in a Prem League game to have a proper perspective on him.
      Toure is gone by next season (contract), Caulker (loan is up) and possibly one of Sakho (over rated) , Skrtel (hasn't improved nowhere nearly enough and is hardly a leader) or Lovren (still have faith that he could be very good) due to Matip coming in.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #609: Mar 18, 2016 05:40:56 pm
      just been called up for the Portugal Olympic Team
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #610: Mar 18, 2016 10:18:23 pm
      just been called up for the Portugal Olympic Team

Excellent news.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #611: Mar 18, 2016 11:06:32 pm
      Hopefully he puts in a storming performance as the way things stand at the moment he has a limited career at LFC.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #612: Mar 18, 2016 11:11:41 pm
      Hopefully he puts in a storming performance as the way things stand at the moment he has a limited career at LFC.

Expect he will be sold in the to be honest.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #613: Mar 28, 2016 08:35:22 pm
      played today for Portugal Olympic U23 team they beat Mexico 4-0 and was one of the best players on the field along with Nelson Semedo, Ruben Neves, and Iuri Medeiros, Ruben Neves just pitting them to MOTM
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #614: Apr 27, 2016 06:20:30 pm
      will he make the Bench? now that Sakho is not Contesting and will get 2 years ban minimum
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #615: Apr 27, 2016 07:22:00 pm
      will he make the Bench? now that Sakho is not Contesting and will get 2 years ban minimum

I doubt that he will.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #616: Jul 13, 2016 10:53:12 pm
      Was nice to see Klopp happy with Ilori's performance and mention him in the interview! Perhaps he does have a future with us after all!!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #617: Jul 14, 2016 12:11:25 am
      Was nice to see Klopp happy with Ilori's performance and mention him in the interview! Perhaps he does have a future with us after all!!!

Especially with Sakho injured again and Gomez on the long plan re recovery. I was glad to hear Klopp make a point of mentioning him as well.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #618: Jul 14, 2016 04:51:35 pm
      Not really helping his cause by leaving for a month at the Olympics at the end of this month, however.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #619: Jul 14, 2016 04:54:27 pm
      Not really helping his cause by leaving for a month at the Olympics at the end of this month, however.

So...he's supposed to turn down playing at the Olympics with his national team?  Maybe he thinks it's the best way for him to get gametime?

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #620: Jul 14, 2016 08:59:14 pm
      So...he's supposed to turn down playing at the Olympics with his national team?  Maybe he thinks it's the best way for him to get gametime?

Obviously I didn't say that. He can make the decision based on what is most important to him.

We were talking about him contending for a spot in the squad, maybe as a 4th-choice center back and that it was good that Klopp mentioned him. I suggested Sakho's injury might open the door a bit more, but then saw the news about The Olympics. If he's gone for about the same amount of time that Sakho is going to be out than that it isn't going to help him get games for Liverpool, is it?

Quick Reply