Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Transfer deadline day (and other clubs)

Read 21557 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Re: Transfer deadline day (and other clubs)
      Reply #322: Sep 02, 2013 11:38:04 pm
      The laughs just keep coming...

From the BBC:

Spanish football writer Andy West: "Contradictory reports within Spain on the Fabio Coentrao situation. Some media claiming the United loan bid came through, others saying it was too late. Similarly with Madrid's attempts to sign Siqueira from Granada, who would be Coentrao's replacement.

"There's a suspicion that Madrid have learned their attempts to get Siqueira didn't make it, in which case they would not want Coentrao to leave and therefore will attempt to argue the United bid was too late.

"Complications complications...if you must leave it until the last three minutes when you've had three months, this is what can happen."
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #323: Sep 02, 2013 11:38:36 pm

Are you not For Kinnear? I'm not For Kinnear either.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #324: Sep 02, 2013 11:40:56 pm
      Old Trafford must be like Fawlty Towers tonight. What are the chances they find a dead body in the players washing basket?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #325: Sep 02, 2013 11:40:58 pm
      Madrid's attempts to sign Siqueira from Granada

Would explain why we shifted interest on that guy then wouldn't it

:(
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #326: Sep 02, 2013 11:42:08 pm
      Would explain why we shifted interest on that guy then wouldn't it

:(

Thought you wouuld have known this. ;)
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #327: Sep 02, 2013 11:42:27 pm
      Very impressed by the fees we've paid this summer. Not one where I've thought 'hmmmm'. They seem in line to the fees that were being paid even 10 years ago. No heart stopping figures from us and we won't suffer for it.

Yep, no doubt about that. While everyone was chasing star players, we casually slipped under the rador and brought a few underrated gems. Still wish the owners stumped up the cash for that winger but its been a very good transfer window. Not one player where I've been "mmm, I dunno about him"

In regards to United, after offering £28m for Baines and Fellaini, United have got just Fellaini for £27.5m. Wow, what great negotiating by them.

Funny as F**k that his release clause was £23 million a month ago.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #328: Sep 02, 2013 11:43:34 pm
      Funny as f**k that his release clause was £23 million a month ago.

If they had paid that back then and left Baines for a while they may well have got both.
      Chasman555
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      • Liverpool Forever YNWA
      Reply #329: Sep 02, 2013 11:44:14 pm
      The mood on Red Cafe is toxic. Toxic I tell ya! Bursting at the seams! It's a scene of chaos and farce!!!

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/united-in-this-summer-transfer-window.370872/page-74

They are not use to things not going there way! never mind :D
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #330: Sep 02, 2013 11:45:53 pm
      If they had paid that back then and left Baines for a while they may well have got both.

I honestly don't even see why they wanted Baines. Yeah he's a quality player but he's 28 years old, and it's not like Evra (the c**t) is a bad player. Seemed like an unnecessary expense to get Baines.

Plus he's only a left back. Not that important position to pay £15-20 million for a player with no resale value. In a position that they're strong in.

If I was Everton I'd have sold Baines before Fellaini
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #331: Sep 02, 2013 11:50:53 pm
      As good a player as Ozil is (i think he is superb), is anyone else feeling pretty chuffed at Arsenal's lack of business this transfer window? They still look lightweight in midfield to me and despite Giroud's early season form i can't see that they have got much in the locker should he get injured or need a rest. Ozil for me has some similar traits to the rest of the Arsenal midfield ie. Arteta, Cazorla, Wiltshire, Rosicky, he's another very technical player, great passer and very creative but they were never short of that quality.

Spurs have obviously done a very good job with the Bale money so lets hope they take a while to gel and remember, Bale singlehandedly won them games last season and he will still be tought to replace.

Hats off to Everton, Lukaku is an absolute coup for them and James McCarthy will come right in and replace Microphonesideshowbobhea d with Barry also fitting Martinez's philosophy perfectly. I wouldnt rule them out of the running for top 4-5-6 either.

As for the manc, even if they have Countraou it's not been a great window for them. The microphones biggest strengths are balls into feet, playing with his back to goal, elbows hard muscling and harrying defences. Is this really the way they are looking to play. Contraou (spelling?) is a cracking player BUT they already have an excellent LB in Evra who (for me) was their best player on Sunday. They really should have been after Ozil because he would have made them a better side.
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #332: Sep 02, 2013 11:51:23 pm
      Man United's time has come, they're gonna go into F***ing meltdown now that Fergie's gone, the cracks are already showing. Similar to how we went when Souness managed us. They can kiss the Premier League title goodbye and all the other trophies they think they're competing for. Hope the miserable cu*ts get what they deserve, this is our time now.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #333: Sep 02, 2013 11:53:03 pm
      Oh how the wheel has turned , i'm lovin it .
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #334: Sep 02, 2013 11:53:41 pm
      United and their supporters will feel like they've been showering in sh*t these last 24 hours. 'No worries *insert star player* will arrive here tomorrow'. And they get some overpriced player they don't need at all.

Surely, at least £15 million for Fellaini was for hair maintenance?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #335: Sep 02, 2013 11:54:20 pm
      I honestly don't even see why they wanted Baines. Yeah he's a quality player but he's 28 years old, and it's not like Evra (the c**t) is a bad player. Seemed like an unnecessary expense to get Baines.

Plus he's only a left back. Not that important position to pay £15-20 million for a player with no resale value. In a position that they're strong in.

If I was Everton I'd have sold Baines before Fellaini

Not me mate.

Baines is the best LB in the league and way ahead of Evra at the minute.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #336: Sep 02, 2013 11:55:43 pm
      The microphones biggest strengths are balls into feet, playing with his back to goal, elbows hard muscling and harrying defences. Is this really the way they are looking to play.

We seen how quickly a manager who isn't good enough can impose his sh*te style of football on a club mate.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure to see the same happen to those cu*ts.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #337: Sep 02, 2013 11:57:45 pm
      As good a player as Ozil is (i think he is superb), is anyone else feeling pretty chuffed at Arsenal's lack of business this transfer window? They still look lightweight in midfield to me and despite Giroud's early season form i can't see that they have got much in the locker should he get injured or need a rest. Ozil for me has some similar traits to the rest of the Arsenal midfield ie. Arteta, Cazorla, Wiltshire, Rosicky, he's another very technical player, great passer and very creative but they were never short of that quality.

Spurs have obviously done a very good job with the Bale money so lets hope they take a while to gel and remember, Bale singlehandedly won them games last season and he will still be tought to replace.

Hats off to Everton, Lukaku is an absolute coup for them and James McCarthy will come right in and replace Microphonesideshowbobhea d with Barry also fitting Martinez's philosophy perfectly. I wouldnt rule them out of the running for top 4-5-6 either.

As for the manc, even if they have Countraou it's not been a great window for them. The microphones biggest strengths are balls into feet, playing with his back to goal, elbows hard muscling and harrying defences. Is this really the way they are looking to play. Contraou (spelling?) is a cracking player BUT they already have an excellent LB in Evra who (for me) was their best player on Sunday. They really should have been after Ozil because he would have made them a better side.

It's not what Arsenal need. Their defence has been sh*t for ages now (Wenger thought Silvestre was good enough....), I can't believe they haven't sorted it out.

In that aspect, I'm surprised they didn't go for Sakho, so delighted at our centre backs looking at them. Starting from Lucas and those playing behind him - including goalkeeper - we are far superior than Arsenal.
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #338: Sep 02, 2013 11:59:44 pm
      Wow 28mil on fellani that is eye watering, love it
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #339: Sep 02, 2013 11:59:59 pm
      Felony vs RVP.

King of the elbows!!

craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #340: Sep 03, 2013 12:00:43 am
      Not me mate.

Agreed, always feel Baines poses as much of a threat as a forward derby day.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #341: Sep 03, 2013 12:00:55 am
      We seen how quickly a manager who isn't good enough can impose his sh*te style of football on a club mate.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure to see the same happen to those cu*ts.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch Si, especially after the grief they gave us for forcing him out.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #342: Sep 03, 2013 12:04:09 am
      Not me mate.

I think Baines is fantastic but on his day the best left back in the league is still Ashley Cole. An arse of a human being but a superb defender!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #343: Sep 03, 2013 12:05:04 am
      Who's this Rafa Paez we were supposed to have signed.?
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #344: Sep 03, 2013 12:09:14 am
      thing that makes me laugh the most is they could of signed wog ed over a month ago for about £4m less.

Quick Reply