Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Transfer deadline day (and other clubs)

Read 21560 times
      lfcsupporter01
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Re: Transfer deadline day (and other clubs)
      Reply #368: Sep 03, 2013 03:54:59 pm
      Pleased with our activities in this transfer window in general. I'm not happy to see Borini going on loan, but have to admit that there are better possibilities for him to get regular playing time. On the whole we got our main targets, Mkhitaryan and Willian maybe would have been a bit much to ask for.

About other teams ...
      Sorry to see Lukaku leaving Chelsea, seems a good player, thought that Mourinho will give him a chance ...
      Özil to Arsenal is the biggest transfer of course, top player who can play in different positions.
      El Andy C
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #369: Sep 03, 2013 03:58:03 pm
      PSG have terminated Momo Sissoko's contract. Bring him back!!! ;D

Would definately take big Mo back as back up to Lucas, we don't have another defensive midfielder to call on. Win win situation   ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6728 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #370: Sep 03, 2013 11:42:28 pm
      Can we still do Loan Deals even after the Transfer window closes?  :-[  I'm sure I remember last year some team did, can't remember who though! Would be great to have Momo back as back up for Lucas.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #371: Sep 03, 2013 11:57:24 pm
      Can we still do Loan Deals even after the Transfer window closes?  :-[  I'm sure I remember last year some team did, can't remember who though! Would be great to have Momo back as back up for Lucas.

If he's a free agent he can sign anytime mate.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6728 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #372: Sep 04, 2013 01:47:52 am
      If he's a free agent he can sign anytime mate.

ah ha ...thanks Debs. Is Momo a free agent?
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #373: Sep 04, 2013 01:59:41 am
      ah ha ...thanks Debs. Is Momo a free agent?

No, he has just signed for Reading.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #374: Sep 04, 2013 09:16:03 am
      He wouldn't have got many games at Liverpool. He only got 51 apps last time he was here, he hasn't broken into the other sides as a starter either for some reason.  Reading is a good choice for him as he may finally get 40 games a season if he stays fit.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #375: Sep 04, 2013 09:31:35 am
      He wouldn't have got many games at Liverpool. He only got 51 apps last time he was here, he hasn't broken into the other sides as a starter either for some reason.  Reading is a good choice for him as he may finally get 40 games a season if he stays fit.
      If I remember correctly Momo suffered a bad head injury or eye injury playing a European tie,he never recovered his form after that injury so that would be the reason he played so few games for us.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #376: Sep 04, 2013 10:15:48 am
      If I remember correctly Momo suffered a bad head injury or eye injury playing a European tie,he never recovered his form after that injury so that would be the reason he played so few games for us.

Eye injury and then couldn't get back into the team once Mascherano had got in there.
      Pity, he was boss against Barcelona.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #377: Sep 04, 2013 10:21:52 am
      Eye injury and then couldn't get back into the team once Mascherano had got in there.
      Pity, he was boss against Barcelona.
      That is how I remember him racer,I thought he was playing well for us till he got that injury.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #378: Sep 04, 2013 01:00:07 pm
       On the question of "other clubs", I can't believe Di Canio sold Sessignon. He was/is their best player by miles for me.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #379: Sep 04, 2013 02:21:22 pm
      On the question of "other clubs", I can't believe Di Canio sold Sessignon. He was/is their best player by miles for me.

Agree.

Sessegnon is a great signing for West Brom.

I'm not impressed with Di Canio as a manager anyway and a bit concerned about Borini going into what may become a circus.
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #380: Sep 04, 2013 06:43:11 pm

Yeah agree with that, one of my mates is a Baggies fan and he couldn't believe they pulled off Sessegnon for about £6m I think it was. Could be one of the signings of the season. Tbh I wouldn't have minded Sessegnon for us for that fee, very decent player.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #381: Sep 04, 2013 06:50:30 pm
      Yeah agree with that, one of my mates is a Baggies fan and he couldn't believe they pulled off Sessegnon for about £6m I think it was. Could be one of the signings of the season. Tbh I wouldn't have minded Sessegnon for us for that fee, very decent player.
      he would have been good,  but we have quality already.  I am glad we focused on defence late in the window. I would not mind replacing Allen with somebody new,  I think that is one thing we could look at in the winter window. 

Quick Reply