Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206555 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1058: Sep 17, 2015 09:48:17 pm
      I'd personality drop Skrtel for him. Martin has zero game intelligence and while I'm not saying that Lovren is Einstein, but I think Lovren/Sakho partnership is going to benefit us more than Skrtel/Sakho does.

Not that I agree, who would you play on our right side out of the two?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1059: Sep 17, 2015 09:53:52 pm
      This lad is a natural leader simply because he leads my example. He looks better every time I watch him and still only 25. I cannot fathom how he keeps losing his place to Lovren it's absurd.

I agree with other posters though Skrtel has been even worse than Lovren this season and he should make way for Sakho. I think given some time Sakho and Lovren could form a strong defensive pairing.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #1060: Sep 17, 2015 09:56:04 pm
      Not that I agree, who would you play on our right side out of the two?

I know that would be the dilemma. I tend to go with Sakho on the right simply to play Lovren on his "preferred" side do maybe that make him lese liable to F**k ups.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,193 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1061: Sep 17, 2015 09:59:08 pm
      I know that would be the dilemma. I tend to go with Sakho on the right simply to play Lovren on his "preferred" side do maybe that make him lese liable to f**k ups.

Lovren is right footed but prefers to play on the left, maybe that's why he makes so many cock ups.
      Sakho is left footed.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1062: Sep 17, 2015 10:01:08 pm
      I'd personality drop Skrtel for him. Martin has zero game intelligence and while I'm not saying that Lovren is Einstein, but I think Lovren/Sakho partnership is going to benefit us more than Skrtel/Sakho does.

Lovren and Sakho doesn't work, there is zero communication between the two. We are better when we have Skrtel and Sakho.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1063: Sep 17, 2015 10:01:28 pm
      I know that would be the dilemma. I tend to go with Sakho on the right simply to play Lovren on his "preferred" side do maybe that make him lese liable to f**k ups.

I've always thought switching a defender from one side of the centre to the other is a much bigger move than people seem to suggest. I would stick with Skrtel and drop Lovren simply because I think Sakho has to start in his preferred position because he is quite clearly our best defender and you don't want to risk unsettling that.

Lovren would be the one I'd risk out of the two as it might sharpen his mind having to think more about his positioning but honestly the lad is much of a mess in his head doing so would probably just lead to more.

I can see the merits in playing the 3 at the back because Skrtel looked superb last season in parts there. Gomez/Skrtel/Sakho would be my preferred option right now.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1064: Sep 17, 2015 10:21:54 pm
      Sakho and an empty space might be our best CB pairing, to be honest.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #1065: Sep 17, 2015 10:25:58 pm
      I've been advocating 3 CBs, but how about Sakho and Gomez in a back 4?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1066: Sep 17, 2015 11:04:55 pm
      Outstanding today and showed exactly why he should have been starting for us all along.

Rodgers "outstanding" comments and commending his patience plus saying he comes in to contention for the weekend on the back of that is the bare minimum. If he doesn't start I'll personally be furious.

He's comfortably our best defender and in my opinion one of the best in the league. I also think he brings the best out in Skrtel as well.

Like you Luke I'll be furious if he is back on the bench at the weekend.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1067: Sep 18, 2015 12:02:15 am
      I've been advocating 3 CBs, but how about Sakho and Gomez in a back 4?

Never had a problem with three cb's and people seem to have forgotten about it as being relatively successful. It worked really well for us from Christmas to March last season and we got plenty of clean sheets out of it. There is an issue with the wing back area particularly right wing back. Contrary to what people thought I saw Markovic put in some very good shifts there at the start of the year. He gave us a lot of running and covered a lot of ground in doing so.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1068: Sep 18, 2015 12:36:15 am
      Glad he did well and hope he is in the mix with either Lovren or Skrtel against Norwich.

Puts all those silly theories that Brendan does not "like" him on a personal level giving him the armband.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1069: Sep 18, 2015 09:13:32 am
      I don't get why Sakho needed to "fight for his place" and "wait for his chance" yet Lovren had *his* chance handed to him on a silver platter.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #1070: Sep 18, 2015 09:16:23 am
      Quality to give him the captaincy for us last night, thought he was one of the best players on the pitch last night. Needs to be playing more often and if Brendan doesn't realise, i hope he gets the sack. Its just insult to injury.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1071: Sep 18, 2015 11:15:07 am
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #1072: Sep 18, 2015 11:25:03 am

I love his forward passing, a great asset to our team, something we lack at the back.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1073: Sep 18, 2015 11:28:24 am
      And whilst you watch that vid of Sakho, you then watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_sGoKsjSNc

And you wonder why we got rid of a kid that has show on many occasions that he can be a wonderful CB. Imagine Ilori and Sakho in defence, so much composure and presence, but most of all, both can defend!
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #1074: Sep 18, 2015 11:31:24 am
      And whilst you watch that vid of Sakho, you then watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_sGoKsjSNc

And you wonder why we got rid of a kid that has show on many occasions that he can be a wonderful CB. Imagine Ilori and Sakho in defence, so much composure and presence, but most of all, both can defend!

Maybe our centre backs next season when Ilori returns from Villa? After few more signings we will be looking good. Theres a small margin from being an average team and a great team.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1075: Sep 18, 2015 11:36:39 am
      Maybe our centre backs next season when Ilori returns from Villa? After few more signings we will be looking good. Theres a small margin from being an average team and a great team.

Villa has an option to buy if he performances. I can see them activating it, and with regular play time, I think Villa will eventually sell him to a CL team.

However, if he fails and returns, I don't know what'll happen :( I think this season was perfect for implementing him into our squad/team after the sh*t that happened last season.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #1076: Sep 18, 2015 11:42:07 am
      Villa has an option to buy if he performances. I can see them activating it, and with regular play time, I think Villa will eventually sell him to a CL team.

However, if he fails and returns, I don't know what'll happen :( I think this season was perfect for implementing him into our squad/team after the sh*t that happened last season.

Brendan has made a big mistake then :(
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,193 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1077: Sep 18, 2015 03:30:22 pm
      Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes  5m5 minutes ago
      Mamadou Sakho close to agreeing a new long term contract with Liverpool taking him up to 2020.

Sakho tells L'Equipe: "I'm always ready, I'm a Liverpool soldier. And when you call on me, I rise to the challenge."

Got to love the guy if only we had a few more warriors like Sakho.........  :roll:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1078: Sep 18, 2015 06:02:42 pm
      Country miles ahead of our other CB's. Rodgers is a complete and utter moron for not playing him, simple as that. Especially when the two he does play are making countless mistakes time and time again.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,193 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1079: Sep 18, 2015 06:04:55 pm
      Melissa Reddy ‏@MelissaReddy_  26s27 seconds ago

Mamadou Sakho has signed a new five-year deal with #LFC. He had two years remaining on his old contract, fresh one runs until 2020.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1080: Sep 18, 2015 06:05:51 pm
      Melissa Reddy ‏@MelissaReddy_  26s27 seconds ago

Mamadou Sakho has signed a new five-year deal with #LFC. He had two years remaining on his old contract, fresh one runs until 2020.

Excellent news, guess he won't be leaving on the cheap when we sell him ;)

Quick Reply