Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 209425 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1679: Aug 30, 2016 02:34:58 pm
      Why are we all assuming that Klopp is being petty and mean here? Can we please remember that if it hadn't of been for Sakho pissing about with "Slimming" pills last season then we would have had a much better chance of winning the European cup. If Klopp thinks he's a pr**k and wants to punish him then that is fine with me, I have a hell of a lot more faith in Klopp than I do in Mama.

That's a bit like blaming Gerrard for the slip against Chelsea costing us the title...

Look, if Klopp has issues with Sakho, why wait till the very end of the window to move him on?..

Easily forgotten the contribution of Sakho's nod to help reach that final....
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1680: Aug 30, 2016 02:38:23 pm
      Why are we all assuming that Klopp is being petty and mean here? Can we please remember that if it hadn't of been for Sakho pissing about with "Slimming" pills last season then we would have had a much better chance of winning the European cup. If Klopp thinks he's a pr**k and wants to punish him then that is fine with me, I have a hell of a lot more faith in Klopp than I do in Mama.

That is my exact thought about the Europa league final. Ok, some will say that he was not banned but nonetheless, he should know better that he was not allowed to take them.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1681: Aug 30, 2016 02:39:22 pm
      That's a bit like blaming Gerrard for the slip against Chelsea costing us the title...

Look, if Klopp has issues with Sakho, why wait till the very end of the window to move him on?..

Easily forgotten the contribution of Sakho's nod to help reach that final....

Gerrard cost us the title, yes! Like it is his fault that we won many finals as well. Sakho could have been the deciding factor.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #1682: Aug 30, 2016 02:45:37 pm

Spot F***ing on.
      redclocker
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42 posts |
      Reply #1683: Aug 30, 2016 03:29:28 pm

I'm with you on that, whether he was found "not guilty" to the drugs is almost irrelevant, he should not have put himself in that position by taking slimming tablets [or anything like] without getting clearance from the club doctor, he's very well paid [by us] professional sportsman and should act like it. Then after that he's repeatedly late despite warnings. I don't blame the manager, if a player won't listen get rid, any player.     
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #1684: Aug 30, 2016 03:32:29 pm
      He's our best CB, in my opinion, but if he's stepped out of line enough for the manager to not consider him then it's his own fault.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,625 posts | 760 
      Reply #1685: Aug 30, 2016 04:02:27 pm
      I find it hard to believe in the history of LFC, let alone all of football, that this is the first time a player has been late more than a couple of times for something.

I've never seen a player shamed so publicly.

Fair enough he failed a drug test. (Let's not forget he was later cleared btw)

Screams to me that klopp wants to get rid of players from the old regime
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1686: Aug 30, 2016 04:25:12 pm
      We're much better off having Sakho in our squad than not having him at all. This is a serious lack of foresight if the club thinks it can rely on just Matip, Lovren, Klavan and an out-of-position Lucas. (But we're also relying on an out-of-position Milner at LB, so I guess it shouldn't be surprising.)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #1687: Aug 30, 2016 04:35:25 pm
      he sounds like he hasn't been a good pro in terms of his attitude and I think Jürgen demands 100% of a players attention or nothing.
      More pruning of the wages and money in the bank Alberto gone today Balotelli tomorrow maybe even Sakho too. I don't think we are that well stacked with CB's at the club it all just adds to the head scratching of our transfer policy.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #1688: Aug 30, 2016 04:56:14 pm
      Did we sign another Sakho? or is this the same guy who was on fantastic form, helping us beat Borussia Dortmund along the way, and receiving massive support from us here?

The only change since then is his unjustified and later rescinded ban, and the off season where he upset Klopp.

Don't see how his football has got any worse has it? Fine Klopp may still be upset.. but the lad has quality, and he's still got chance to show it. One day when Klopp gets over that upset, he'll get a game and life goes on.

And in a nutshell that is the conundrum that is Sakho.

We all love the "eyes on stalks" blood and thunder commitment and the last ditch tackles that he delivers. I also think that though desperately "cumbersome looking" he actually uses the ball pretty well and, in the main, gets away with it.

But, I also think there's a very strong argument he was directly responsible for the first 2 Dortmund goals at Anfield and in "no man's land" for the 3rd.......

His positional sense / concentration are poor - that's (partly) why so many last ditch tackles.

In terms of the failed test - my reading of that is that he took something and didn't disclose to the medical team. That's either vanity or (my hunch) he's over his weight target and not "living the life". Regardless - it's unprofessional.

To turn up late for the tour and generally make a dick of himself thereafter is stupid in the extreme.

That said......I still like the big fella AND think there's a player in there.......AND I suspect so does Jürgen - which is why he's being urged to go on loan and not being told we've accepted £xxxM, shut the door behind you!

And that brings us back to the start.........he's a conundrum this man called Mama isn't he  :-\
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2016 07:32:10 pm by Scotia »
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #1689: Aug 30, 2016 05:18:36 pm
      And in a nutshell that is the conundrum that Sakho is.

We all love the "eyes on stalks" blood and thunder commitment and the last ditch tackles that he delivers. I also think that though desperately "cumbersome looking" he actually uses the ball pretty well and, in the main, gets away with it.

But, I also think there's a very strong argument he was directly responsible for the first 2 Dortmund goals at Anfield and in "no man's land" for the 3rd.......

His positional sense / concentration are poor - that's (partly) why so many last ditch tackles.

In terms of the failed test - my reading of that is that he took something and didn't disclose to the medical team. That's either vanity or (my hunch) he's over his weight target and not "living the life". Regardless - it's unprofessional.

To turn up late for the tour and generally make a dick of himself thereafter is stupid in the extreme.

That said......I still like the big fella AND think there's a player in there.......AND I suspect so does Jürgen - which is why he's being urged to go on loan and not being told we've accepted £xxxM, shut the door behind you!

And that brings us back to the start.........he's a conundrum this man called Mama isn't he  :-\

I've been scratching my head over the whole Sakho thing. It just feels like there is so much more to it, something just doesn't add up.

Upon saying that, this is probably the best summary of the last few months, what a waste...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1690: Aug 30, 2016 10:10:50 pm
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1691: Aug 30, 2016 10:17:09 pm
      How was Agger "shoved out the door" though?

To the best of my recollection, he had his annual summer hissy fit about playing time, then stated his body couldn't cope with the Prem any more.
      43 games in 2 years since he left us, then retired at 31.

I was sure that before the things you stated happened he was benched despite being our best CB and a leader in the team (much like Mama is now)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #1692: Aug 30, 2016 11:12:50 pm
      I find it hard to believe in the history of LFC, let alone all of football, that this is the first time a player has been late more than a couple of times for something.

I've never seen a player shamed so publicly.

Fair enough he failed a drug test. (Let's not forget he was later cleared btw)

Screams to me that klopp wants to get rid of players from the old regime

Could be all about Klopp stamping discipline on the squad, Sakho had problems with fluctuating weight at PSG, were they even sent physios on home visits to Sakho to help him sort it and supposedly one of the reasons they binned him off.

The club were furious with him over what he took last spring without their knowing, tie that in with whatever happened pre-season and maybe Klopp has just had enough off his behaviour and now wants to get shut of him.

End of the day not the first time this sort of thing has happened, Paul Ince and his "guvnor" attitude being binned off at the start of Houllier's first proper season in charge setting an example to the rest of the squad springs to mind here.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,625 posts | 760 
      Reply #1693: Aug 31, 2016 01:29:59 am
      Could be all about Klopp stamping discipline on the squad, Sakho had problems with fluctuating weight at PSG, were they even sent physios on home visits to Sakho to help him sort it and supposedly one of the reasons they binned him off.

The club were furious with him over what he took last spring without their knowing, tie that in with whatever happened pre-season and maybe Klopp has just had enough off his behaviour and now wants to get shut of him.

End of the day not the first time this sort of thing has happened, Paul Ince and his "guvnor" attitude being binned off at the start of Houllier's first proper season in charge setting an example to the rest of the squad springs to mind here.

Was he not captain at PSG at some point? Their youngest ever captain?

People will take anything and twist it to fit their narrative.

He was wayward and over weight at psg and they decided to 'bin him off' to us.

Yet they made him captain and he had a HUGE send of when he left them for us.

So which is it?

They couldnt wait to get rid?

Or they loved him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VH65i3bICQ
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #1694: Aug 31, 2016 01:47:29 am
      Was he not captain at PSG at some point? Their youngest ever captain?

People will take anything and twist it to fit their narrative.

He was wayward and over weight at psg and they decided to 'bin him off' to us.

Yet they made him captain and he had a HUGE send of when he left them for us.

So which is it?

They couldnt wait to get rid?

Or they loved him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VH65i3bICQ

Just because the fans love him, doesn't mean the manager etc wanted him to stay or else why would they have got shut?

Just like you used it to fit your narrative as well of Klopp wanting rid of Brendan's siginings!! Works both ways.

He's done something to piss Klopp off - btw I liked Big Mama
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,625 posts | 760 
      Reply #1695: Aug 31, 2016 02:54:10 am
      Just because the fans love him, doesn't mean the manager etc wanted him to stay or else why would they have got shut?

Just like you used it to fit your narrative as well of Klopp wanting rid of Brendan's siginings!! Works both ways.

He's done something to piss Klopp off - btw I liked Big Mama

im asking what it is. ppl are digging up old articles to justify klopps treatment of him.

you see the same thing ppl do with sturridge. They'll say he 'cant do it physically' , theyll say he doesnt suit our system. Suddenly  players we were perfectly fine a year ago are suddenly crap in the name of Klopp. Im just asking questions
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #1696: Aug 31, 2016 03:11:36 am
      im asking what it is. ppl are digging up old articles to justify klopps treatment of him.

you see the same thing ppl do with sturridge. They'll say he 'cant do it physically' , theyll say he doesnt suit our system. Suddenly  players we were perfectly fine a year ago are suddenly crap in the name of Klopp. Im just asking questions

Simple point is something has gone on behind the scenes whether it being the fatburner thing or lack of discipline. All the stuff in the press could be getting used to send a message to Sakho that his behaviour needs to improve. Or it could be that Klopp has had enough.

I just don't buy the fitness issue, I think it's all about his attitude.

friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #1697: Aug 31, 2016 09:52:34 am
      I find this all ridiculous but I do see a future at LFC for Sakho, hence the loan and not a sale.

I think this is Klopps way of saying to Sakho that he has to prove himself and he also needs to step up his game a bit. Klopp must see a player in him but can also see a problem with his attitude.

Sakho is a beast on his day I'd be sad to see him leave but if he went on loan for a season and come back a better player then we'd have to say Klopp knew what he was doing.

If Sakho goes on loan and eventually leaves, Lovren or Matip get injured next week and we end up with Lucas at CB for half the season and we finish 8th...different story.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #1698: Aug 31, 2016 10:42:46 am
      I find this all ridiculous but I do see a future at LFC for Sakho

I don't.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play another game for us.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1699: Aug 31, 2016 11:01:56 am
      If Mama is disrespecting Klopp or any of the management of the club then he must be removed, same goes for any other player. As soon as you allow one player to become disruptive then you start to lose respect and control and pretty soon you lose the entire team. BTW this situation with Mama is not unique it happens quite often in many clubs, just looking at Manure and think about Fergie shipping Beckham out after Beckham got a bit to leery. Say what you will about Whiskeynose but he knew how to man manage and keep tight discipline, from what I have seen so far Klopp is exactly the same and I applaud that.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #1700: Aug 31, 2016 11:09:55 am
      I just don't buy the fitness issue, I think it's all about his attitude.

Agree.  I think it's related to the fatburner thing.  Whether Klopp is furious that he was let down ahead of the Europa League final - maybe.  Although the fact he 'went' to America to suggest he may have been on his last chance and somethings gone on.

Ultimately the buck has to stop with the manager so if something has gone on the manager has to flex his muscles otherwise he will end up with 25 young fellas running wild.

I like Sakho - I'd rather have him in the squad but then, like all of us, I don't actually know him.  Could be a massive piss artist for all we really know.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #1701: Aug 31, 2016 11:21:25 am
      I don't.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play another game for us.

Why wouldn't we of sold him then at the start of the summer? There would be plenty of teams that would of taken Sakho, that makes me think this is more Klopp telling him to go and prove himself as a player and professional then he can re-assess at the end of next season.

It's not Sakho as a person or player going on loan that bothers me, its how short it leaves us.

Quick Reply