Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 205946 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1817: Mar 17, 2017 07:11:12 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3393 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1818: Mar 17, 2017 07:26:14 pm

Just because some people may consider him our best defender doesn't mean he can act differently to the rest.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #1819: Mar 17, 2017 07:34:06 pm

The part that worries me in that article is where it seems to imply that he turned up at Palace unfit to play. I don't deny his ability, in fact I think it's foolish that we can't get all this figured out. It seems like manager and player need to have some sit downs and hash things out one way or the other. But ultimately, if he would help us win games, I'm willing to overlook some of his foolishness. Klopp however (and as is his right), probably won't.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #1820: Mar 17, 2017 07:34:30 pm
      We could very well be it's not as if we are blessed in the department forgiveness is not such a hard thing , but being stubborn is not a good trait I understand Klopps stand on discipline but common sense should also prevail.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1821: Mar 17, 2017 07:40:47 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1822: Mar 17, 2017 07:47:22 pm
      Glad to see the idea of when a player is not available he becomes the answer to all our problems is still going strong!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #1823: Mar 17, 2017 08:01:19 pm
      Glad to see the idea of when a player is not available he becomes the answer to all our problems is still going strong!
      Where did anyone suggest he's the answer to all our problems , merely he could do a job for us if his attitude changed nobody suggested he would drag us to no 6 .
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1824: Mar 17, 2017 08:11:43 pm
      We could very well be it's not as if we are blessed in the department forgiveness is not such a hard thing , but being stubborn is not a good trait I understand Klopps stand on discipline but common sense should also prevail.

Common sense should have prevailed before Sakho started acting unprofessionally. 
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #1825: Mar 17, 2017 08:56:42 pm
      Common sense should have prevailed before Sakho started acting unprofessionally. 
      Well he's not the first young man to act like a tw*t is he , i already stated i agreed with Klopps stance on discipline but we're hardly blessed in the position .
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1826: Mar 17, 2017 09:20:25 pm
      Well he's not the first young man to act like a tw*t is he , i already stated i agreed with Klopps stance on discipline but we're hardly blessed in the position .

Agreed, and agree with your previous posts as well.
      If the info is correct, BR also had issues with him when he came back for pre-season overweight and out of condition.

Surely it's not too much to ask for these young fella's to stay on top of their fitness even when on holiday, considering the money they're on.
      I hate to say it, but a few of them could learn from Ibrahimovic and his attitude to ftness.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1827: Mar 17, 2017 10:49:34 pm

He's not but he's obviously done it on so many occasions for two different managers. Let's not make out like he was the answer to our current problem either. We weren't exactly a good defensive unit with him in the team.

Once you start allowing it from one player - regardless of their position or depth in that area - then you potentially open yourself up to numerous other players acting as unprofessional. Sometimes you just have to make an example of an individual and Sakho was that individual on this occasion. It's a small price to pay for a big cause IMO.

For what it's worth, I hope we punished Firmino internally for his DUI.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #1828: Mar 17, 2017 11:11:43 pm
      He's not but he's obviously done it on so many occasions for two different managers. Let's not make out like he was the answer to our current problem either. We weren't exactly a good defensive unit with him in the team.

Once you start allowing it from one player - regardless of their position or depth in that area - then you potentially open yourself up to numerous other players acting as unprofessional. Sometimes you just have to make an example of an individual and Sakho was that individual on this occasion. It's a small price to pay for a big cause IMO.

For what it's worth, I hope we punished Firmino internally for his DUI.
      Not disagreeing  only so many times you can piss the boss off without getting your buckles wrapped ,as for firminho serious error of judgement , no need  for it I'm sure he could afford a cab .
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1829: Mar 18, 2017 05:11:29 pm
      I really doubt he will return, but he had another beastly game apparently, so maybe we can get back our 20m + some more for him this summer.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1830: Mar 18, 2017 08:42:35 pm
      Yep got some Palace fans in at the moment and they absolutely love him. Brilliant again today apparently, and that's three clean sheets on the spin since he came into their team.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,327 posts | 181 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1831: Mar 18, 2017 08:55:03 pm
      Yep got some Palace fans in at the moment and they absolutely love him. Brilliant again today apparently, and that's three clean sheets on the spin since he came into their team.

Despite looking like a donkey on the ball the guy is actually quite skillful for a CB, and he's a very solid defender IMO. Would be our go-to CB with Matip if he hadn't fu**ed up his relationship with Klopp with his stupidity.

I have to say I actually like him as a player, and I hope we get some decent money for him, but I'd also be pleased to see him doing well in the EPL.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #1832: Mar 18, 2017 09:13:35 pm
      He is a very good defender.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #1833: Mar 18, 2017 10:06:42 pm
      Can't help but wonder how we'd have done with him and Matip being our first choice pairing this season.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1834: Mar 19, 2017 10:34:37 am
      Going to try to do a catch up on I Player on last nights MOTD.

Some bollocks went on at the end of the Palace game about how we got a few bob for him ...... think it was Lineker .

Anyone spot that ?
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #1835: Mar 19, 2017 11:00:23 am
      Going to try to do a catch up on I Player on last nights MOTD.

Some bollocks went on at the end of the Palace game about how we got a few bob for him ...... think it was Lineker .

Anyone spot that ?

Well they paid 2mil for the loan until summer.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1836: Mar 19, 2017 11:34:08 am
      Well they paid 2mil for the loan until summer.

Thought Lineker was off on one .
      That explains it then.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1837: Mar 19, 2017 01:41:45 pm
      Not knowing what he was disciplined for I fell Klopp should have kept him and put him up for sale in one of the two windows (Jan/Summer) or even just the Summer window, god knows we could have done with him... Hell we still need him, Could still be in a Cup or two and further up the Table...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1838: Mar 19, 2017 01:56:24 pm
      On top form I think he is mate but have no problems with Matip at all.

Both very good footballers.

Where is this top form then, has he ever shown it for us or only for Palace? Bollocks is he better than Matip.
      Anyway F**k Sakho he's a stupid drug taking lazy piss taking moron, but I'm delighted he's playing so well for the mighty Crystal Palace, should increase his value by a few thousand at least when we come to sell him in the summer, I'm guessing that all the top clubs will be queuing up to buy him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #1839: Mar 19, 2017 02:24:38 pm
      Where is this top form then, has he ever shown it for us or only for Palace? Bollocks is he better than Matip.

It's only my opinion mate.

You think otherwise. Fair enough.

Quick Reply