Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Leicester [Premier League] Wed 30th Jan @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of January and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W11 D5 L6

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 129807 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,701 posts | 431 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1890: Apr 21, 2017 11:35:06 pm
      Those who say they don't have an issue seem to me to be 'fine' about it... because of the player. A defender. Not a goal scorer. No striker. No Suarez.

Suarez - of his own free choice - got himself banned from 10 competitive Liverpool games for the most despicable behaviour in biting Ivanovic. Yet, he was heralded continually throughout his career, even to the point of another ridiculously disgraceful self chosen behaviour of biting Chiellini and receiving a 4 month ban! At that point, fans still backed him and looked to his return.

Here we have Sahko, who was wrongly banned by UEFA and did no actual professional wrong, who then in the pre-season committed  3 minor "lack of respect" incidents: 1. Late for plane 2. Missed a training session 3. Late to a meal

On top of that, you could argue that his interuption of a Klopp interview was also a "lack of respect" incident, although practically, it is no biggie to do that, and it's been done before time and again by players in various situations. It was an attempt at humour, though went badly wrong with Klopp's massive disapproval.

On the basis of these 3 or 4 incidents, we have fans who are 'content' for the player to never play for Liverpool again. Really? What is actually worse, biting players and bringing great dishonour to our club, or being late / lazy in a pre-season?

Sure, Suarez is an incredible talent and massively important to our goal scoring... but Sahko is likewise massively important to our defence, and arguably could have saved our season in January/February.

So go on, tell me again just why it is that fans backed Suarez, but are content for Sahko to get klopped? Aren't we lucky that Klopp was not manager during Suarez's time. His Liverpool career would have been very brief!!  :roll:
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,759 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1891: Apr 22, 2017 03:29:47 am

Here we have Sahko, who was wrongly banned by UEFA and did no actual professional wrong, who then in the pre-season committed  3 minor "lack of respect" incidents: 1. Late for plane 2. Missed a training session 3. Late to a meal

On the basis of these 3 or 4 incidents, we have fans who are 'content' for the player to never play for Liverpool again. Really? What is actually worse, biting players and bringing great dishonour to our club, or being late / lazy in a pre-season?

Sakho made his debut for the French side when he was just 17, and was captain by 21. However, according to Johnson, his star waned due to a combination of disciplinary issues, strained relationships with coaches and problems with diet, Sakho went from being indispensable to fourth-choice central defender, before departing.

According to Johnson:

"...despite those traits making Sakho a potential world-class defender, the Frenchman has some character flaws that were eventually too severe to overcome in Paris.

"His attitude, a lack of discipline including poor dieting habits and fractious relationships with certain members of staff, particularly in the early days, put his future at the club in jeopardy a long time ago. Many of his coaches were unhappy with his unprofessional demeanour, peaking with a nasty altercation with a journalist regarding his social habits, and PSG actually almost got rid of him as a teenager. However, at that time Sakho focused enough on his football to stay, although he arguably never embraced being a true professional."

He has not regressed, but he has also not evolved into the player that so many predicted that he would become two years ago. That is largely down to his loveable, but at times debilitating immaturity.

"In essence, he needs to grow up. The move to Liverpool could be perfect for that, and if he does then the Reds have some genuine leadership material on their hands."

Been more than 2-3 times this past Summer it's been a problem since he was 17 and it has not changed.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,701 posts | 431 
      Reply #1892: Apr 22, 2017 08:30:08 am
      That is not relevant at all. Suarez was done for biting before he came to Liverpool. Past attitudes and misdemeanours of players...

Klopp has surely had to judge him on his lack of respect during the off season, and looking at the quotes from Klopp that I could find, it seems it is those 3 or 4  incidents. That's all I have seen him mention.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,018 posts | 630 
      Reply #1893: Apr 22, 2017 10:52:54 am
      The obsession with bringing Sakho back into the squad by some is just plain weird IMO.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,228 posts | 3184 
      Reply #1894: Apr 22, 2017 02:39:41 pm
      The obsession with bringing Sakho back into the squad by some is just plain weird IMO.

Not really, people want good players to play for our club, he's a good player and already is contracted to the club so it just makes sense for Klopp to put the past in the past and see if he can man manage a player that would improve our team. One we don't have to pay for.

But I concede that he's obviously pissed Klopp off to the point that Jürgen no longer wants to deal with him so I hope we at least bleed another club for him.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,146 posts | 1445 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1895: Apr 22, 2017 02:49:45 pm
      That is not relevant at all. Suarez was done for biting before he came to Liverpool. Past attitudes and misdemeanours of players...

Klopp has surely had to judge him on his lack of respect during the off season, and looking at the quotes from Klopp that I could find, it seems it is those 3 or 4  incidents. That's all I have seen him mention.

Of course it is relevant,  their isn't any malice in mama but if you continue to do these things then there will be consequences
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,759 posts | 3411 
      Reply #1896: Apr 22, 2017 03:36:30 pm
      Those who say they don't have an issue seem to me to be 'fine' about it... because of the player. A defender. Not a goal scorer. No striker. No Suarez.

Suarez - of his own free choice - got himself banned from 10 competitive Liverpool games for the most despicable behaviour in biting Ivanovic. Yet, he was heralded continually throughout his career, even to the point of another ridiculously disgraceful self chosen behaviour of biting Chiellini and receiving a 4 month ban! At that point, fans still backed him and looked to his return.

On top of that, you could argue that his interuption of a Klopp interview was also a "lack of respect" incident, although practically, it is no biggie to do that, and it's been done before time and again by players in various situations. It was an attempt at humour, though went badly wrong with Klopp's massive disapproval.

Sure, Suarez is an incredible talent and massively important to our goal scoring... but Sahko is likewise massively important to our defence, and arguably could have saved our season in January/February.

So go on, tell me again just why it is that fans backed Suarez, but are content for Sahko to get klopped? Aren't we lucky that Klopp was not manager during Suarez's time. His Liverpool career would have been very brief!!  :roll:

Yeah but you hate Suarez for making a world-class save in the 2010 world cup  ;D
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,046 posts | 1052 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #1897: Apr 23, 2017 05:40:05 pm
      Yeah, you can f**k right off.

P**ck.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,164 posts | 2455 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1898: Apr 23, 2017 06:26:25 pm
      C**t.

That's all i came here to say.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,853 posts | 2284 
      Reply #1899: Apr 23, 2017 06:27:34 pm
      I've defended him but f**k that...

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,228 posts | 3184 
      Reply #1900: Apr 23, 2017 06:28:52 pm

What prompted this? 
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,164 posts | 2455 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1901: Apr 23, 2017 06:30:16 pm

Same.

Dead in my books. He can enjoy the rest of his career knowing he pissed away careers at PSG and Liverpool to end up at Palace playing for Sam Allardyce.

And get a new haircut you fuckwit.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 290 
      Reply #1902: Apr 23, 2017 06:54:03 pm
      Sums up his intelligence, first with behind the scene drama with Klopp, then that instagram fiasco, then his interview of him being "innocent", now this "handshake". A spoiled footballer, he is.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,347 posts | 1837 
      Reply #1903: Apr 23, 2017 06:55:26 pm

Was about to ask the same.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,146 posts | 1445 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1904: Apr 23, 2017 06:56:02 pm
      Mama, you absolute tool
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,228 posts | 3184 
      Reply #1905: Apr 23, 2017 06:56:08 pm
      So he celebrated? And we would expect him to act differently when he's been told he's wanted no more by his own team? Guess I have bigger things to worry about.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,228 posts | 3184 
      Reply #1906: Apr 23, 2017 06:56:48 pm

Apparently he celebrated with Benteke so he should obviously be put in jail.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,701 posts | 431 
      Reply #1907: Apr 23, 2017 07:02:17 pm

Worse than that mate. He is "dead" - apparently.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1908: Apr 23, 2017 07:07:45 pm
      As far as I'm concerned his Liverpool career has long been over and I'm not gutted about that.
      He can do whatever the f**k he wants.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,347 posts | 1837 
      Reply #1909: Apr 23, 2017 07:09:59 pm

Is that it?
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,155 posts | 114 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1910: Apr 23, 2017 07:10:39 pm
      dead man walking :(
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,529 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1911: Apr 23, 2017 07:20:28 pm

Yeah why should we be bothered that one of our current players celebrates another team scoring against us. We really are to sensitive about these things!!!
      RC9
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,004 posts | 187 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1912: Apr 23, 2017 07:22:07 pm
      Get a grip people. He has every right to celebrate that goal, for me Klopp has blown all this out of proportion because he wants to make an example of Sakho and his authority on the team.

Sakho has every right to feel the way he does, he didn't scream for Benteke to go over to him, it's just a handshake. I'd take him back in a heartbeat, his probably still hurt at the way Klopp alienated him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,228 posts | 3184 
      Reply #1913: Apr 23, 2017 07:52:35 pm
      Yeah why should we be bothered that one of our current players celebrates another team scoring against us. We really are to sensitive about these things!!!

He's one of our current players? That's odd...doesn't seem like Klopp thinks so as he told him to find another  club and when he didn't, banished him to the U23's. :lmao:
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,347 posts | 1837 
      Reply #1914: Apr 23, 2017 07:56:19 pm
      He's one of our current players? That's odd...doesn't seem like Klopp thinks so as he told him to find another  club and when he didn't, banished him to the U23's. :lmao:

Agree.

In reality he hasn't been a current player since last season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,759 posts | 3411 
      Reply #1915: Apr 23, 2017 10:20:06 pm
      Seen the celebration with Benteke when went for quick after match pint, anyone arsed about it should be more arsed about our sh*te defending.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,922 posts | 3037 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #1916: Apr 23, 2017 10:29:23 pm

Current player because we couldn't sell him due to his behaviour.

What ever he has done, aside, right or wrong, I think he might just know his Liverpool days are numbered. Being exiled to the Under 23s and not called upon when we had injuries at CB sandwiched between two transfer windows in which we wanted to sell him before loaning him out may have made him realise that although he's an employee of the club he doesn't play for it.

Could he have avoided doing what he did? Yes.

Am I surprised? No, and neither am I that arsed as just like I've said, his Liverpool career is over and he knows that.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,789 posts | 1022 
      Reply #1917: Apr 23, 2017 11:12:30 pm
      Moron and a c**t.

Bye bye Mama f**ker  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,789 posts | 1022 
      Reply #1918: Apr 23, 2017 11:14:43 pm
      Seen the celebration with Benteke when went for quick after match pint, anyone arsed about it should be more arsed about our sh*te defending.

He's still a Liverpool player and made a practiced goal celebration against the club that owns him with an ex Liverpool player.

Classless c**t is what he is.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,759 posts | 3411 
      Reply #1919: Apr 23, 2017 11:28:29 pm
      He's still a Liverpool player and made a practiced goal celebration against the club that owns him with an ex Liverpool player.

Classless c**t is what he is.

As I said I'm not arsed about his celebration, I'm more arsed about our inability to defend as per f**king usual.

Quick Reply