Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206446 times
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #644: Sep 21, 2014 09:29:22 am
      H had a sound game yesterday including excellent distribution then one mistake like the villa game and got punished very badly
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #645: Sep 21, 2014 09:52:28 am
      I say put the money on the table and bring back Steve Clarke.
      Brendan: You mean my coaching team is incapable defensively? I'll not admit that I need help defensively. I can turn this around.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #646: Sep 21, 2014 11:14:21 am
      Stop talking sh*te he was clearly the better CB today as he was on Saturday.
      Your one of those who has his preconceived ideas of Sakho oh he's clumsily looks awkward so even when his partner is committing errors leading to goals you can't see beyond that.
       97 % pass completion today and seemed like he was the main outet from defence today even bypassing Stevie.

Still think I was talking sh*te lad?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #647: Sep 21, 2014 02:18:26 pm
      Still think I was talking sh*te lad?

Too be fair mate all 3 were sh*te yesterday!!

Been saying for quite a while the defence are being made scapegoats, so many times yesterday as on Tuesday West Ham players waltzing through our none existent midfield.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #648: Sep 23, 2014 01:26:40 pm
      Sakho is sh*te. Complete and total sh*te.

I just thought it was me who thought he passed the ball five yards and did so to get rid of it like it was on fire.
      Ive never rated him but I though " what the f**k do I know ?".

Every game Ive seen him play he has made a gaff.

In the CL last week the striker nutmegged him so easily for their goal.

In the West Ham game his ridiculous pass was responsible for their goal number three.

When Ive been reading people on the forum going ......lets play Lovren and Sakho  .... or Skrtel and Sakho ...... Ive wanted to scream in despair...  No Lets Not.

So.
      Found some one else who shares my opinion,

Paints the picture perfectly.

I'm not deluded after all.

Worse than Downing   ......and that is going some .

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/rodgers-is-liverpool-s-greatest-asset---but-also-their-biggest-liability-194957115.html

At the start of this season, a few people pointed out that Mamadou Sakho wasn’t very good.

A number even pointed this out at the time he signed for Liverpool last year.

Those who raised the most reasonable objections to his signing had seen Sakho play for the last few years.
      He had made his debut for PSG at 17 and quickly became captain, and remained a popular figure with the fans and managers after the takeover. PSG were reluctant sellers when Liverpool came in for his signature, and they eventually accepted a significant sum of £18 million for the central defender.

There were plenty of Liverpool fans who thought that if PSG didn’t want to sell him, and only did so when a high transfer fee were offered, that he must be an excellent prospect.

After all, PSG had all the money in the world and would therefore only be after the very best players.

But there was a problem: the fundamental reason that PSG wished he would stay wasn't because of his talent, but because the owners were trying to keep a good relationship with their fans. There are countless examples of new owners making mistakes and alienating the old hardcore, and this was an easy way to make sure that they didn’t.

However, the fact remains that at the time, Sakho was out of the team because Alex - the one who failed to convince at Chelsea - was keeping him out of the side.

Sakho was still playing much as he did when he broke into the side as a teenager, with own goals, poor positioning and regular, simple errors.

He was, in other words, the very definition of what you don't want from a central defender - but those Liverpool fans who just saw the caps for France, the club he came from and his transfer fee thought otherwise.

Over the course of last season they were proved wrong; and nothing has changed so far in 2014/15.

This wouldn’t be so much of a problem if Brendan Rodgers had a similar knack for buying defenders as he does midfielders or forwards, but both his tactics and purchases at the back leave a lot to be desired.

Midway through the first half against West Ham, after conceding two goals in seven minutes, Rodgers switched from a back four to a back three, and removed Javi Manquillo. By all accounts Liverpool have high hopes for him, but presumably they also expected more from their previous defensive signings like  Toure (appalling) and Sakho (see above).

With the amount of money spent elsewhere, it often seems like Rodgers treats defence like an afterthought. To be fair to him, that doesn’t matter so much if he excels as he did last season, with one of the most unexpectedly thrilling and enjoyable forward lines in the Premier League .

« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2014 01:38:55 pm by eurored »
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #649: Sep 23, 2014 03:29:03 pm
      Sakho is sh*te. Complete and total sh*te.

I just thought it was me who thought he passed the ball five yards and did so to get rid of it like it was on fire.
      Ive never rated him but I though " what the f**k do I know ?".

Every game Ive seen him play he has made a gaff.

In the West Ham game his ridiculous pass was responsible for their goal number three.

When Ive been reading people on the forum going ......lets play Lovren and Sakho  .... or Skrtel and Sakho ...... Ive wanted to scream in despair...  No Lets Not.

So.
      Found some one else who shares my opinion,

Paints the picture perfectly.

I'm not deluded after all.

Worse than Downing   ......and that is going some .

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/rodgers-is-liverpool-s-greatest-asset---but-also-their-biggest-liability-194957115.html

At the start of this season, a few people pointed out that Mamadou Sakho wasn’t very good.

A number even pointed this out at the time he signed for Liverpool last year.

Those who raised the most reasonable objections to his signing had seen Sakho play for the last few years.
      He had made his debut for PSG at 17 and quickly became captain, and remained a popular figure with the fans and managers after the takeover. PSG were reluctant sellers when Liverpool came in for his signature, and they eventually accepted a significant sum of £18 million for the central defender.

There were plenty of Liverpool fans who thought that if PSG didn’t want to sell him, and only did so when a high transfer fee were offered, that he must be an excellent prospect.

After all, PSG had all the money in the world and would therefore only be after the very best players.

But there was a problem: the fundamental reason that PSG wished he would stay wasn't because of his talent, but because the owners were trying to keep a good relationship with their fans. There are countless examples of new owners making mistakes and alienating the old hardcore, and this was an easy way to make sure that they didn’t.

However, the fact remains that at the time, Sakho was out of the team because Alex - the one who failed to convince at Chelsea - was keeping him out of the side.

Sakho was still playing much as he did when he broke into the side as a teenager, with own goals, poor positioning and regular, simple errors.

He was, in other words, the very definition of what you don't want from a central defender - but those Liverpool fans who just saw the caps for France, the club he came from and his transfer fee thought otherwise.

Over the course of last season they were proved wrong; and nothing has changed so far in 2014/15.

This wouldn’t be so much of a problem if Brendan Rodgers had a similar knack for buying defenders as he does midfielders or forwards, but both his tactics and purchases at the back leave a lot to be desired.

Midway through the first half against West Ham, after conceding two goals in seven minutes, Rodgers switched from a back four to a back three, and removed Javi Manquillo. By all accounts Liverpool have high hopes for him, but presumably they also expected more from their previous defensive signings like  Toure (appalling) and Sakho (see above).

With the amount of money spent elsewhere, it often seems like Rodgers treats defence like an afterthought. To be fair to him, that doesn’t matter so much if he excels as he did last season, with one of the most unexpectedly thrilling and enjoyable forward lines in the Premier League .

This is a total F***ing nonsense, utter bollocks, Sakho is a very good defender individually, did you watch how he played in the French national team, completely different player than at us, because he plays in a different system and is not exposed at every attack, he has a pair of good defensive midfielders in Matuidi, Cabaye who offer support. At us he has only Stevie G who at many times leaves our defence exposed, also he doesnt have a GK who inspires calm and security like Lloris does ...

The flaw is our defensive strategy, not the players individually, Lovren, Skrtel and Sakho are better than what Burnley has, just to pick an example, but they have conceded fewer goals than us, in the previous season we have conceded 50 goals, 3 less than Hull, Southampton conceded 46 and West Ham 51, and these teams dont have better defenders than us ... where we have to look is at the manager, not at the players
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #650: Sep 23, 2014 04:44:45 pm

Would be amazing if it were true. Except it isn't.

This is true, though.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #651: Sep 23, 2014 04:50:20 pm

This is a total f**king nonsense, utter bollocks, Sakho is a very good defender individually, did you watch how he played in the French national team, completely different player than at us, because he plays in a different system and is not exposed at every attack, he has a pair of good defensive midfielders in Matuidi, Cabaye who offer support. At us he has only Stevie G who at many times leaves our defence exposed, also he doesnt have a GK who inspires calm and security like Lloris does ...

The flaw is our defensive strategy, not the players individually, Lovren, Skrtel and Sakho are better than what Burnley has, just to pick an example, but they have conceded fewer goals than us, in the previous season we have conceded 50 goals, 3 less than Hull, Southampton conceded 46 and West Ham 51, and these teams dont have better defenders than us ... where we have to look is at the manager, not at the players

Do you subscribe to French National Forum.?

So Brendan is wrong  ......thats what you said .

A good defender should be able to cope with every attack.
      Sakho looks scared of the ball !

Ill check what bollocks is in French just for you.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #652: Sep 23, 2014 05:49:21 pm
      What are you on about Euro? Sakho is the first choice french CB keeping out the French lad at the heart of Arsenal?
      You could put Kompany and Terry in our defence and it would be torn to bits by the lack of cover they receive.
      Funnily enough it wasn't until Sakho came on against West Ham that we had any semblance of order at the back. Skrtel was atrocious - but don't let the facts get in the way. He tried to keep the ball alive as we needed a equaliser and you would expect our DM to be in the position he headed the ball. Unfortunately he was strolling back over the half way line.
      Sakho and Lovren need to be given time to get to know each other and if it doesn't work out fair enough. All the chopping and changing is not creating any confidence at the back.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #653: Sep 23, 2014 05:59:56 pm

Le bollocks it is Skip.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #654: Sep 23, 2014 07:27:52 pm

Nah you've lost me in translation there fella.

Certainly think he's gone backwards this year and ever since Carra highlighted how prone he is to go on to his heels and allow attackers more space I do notice it more and more. He gets himself in strange positions, not close enough to challenge for the ball with the attacker but far enough back that he isn't really in the way of a shot or pass either and then makes a mad dash for it.

I've lost some confidence in the lad.

It's strange with Agger leaving how much you miss him, I knew I would anyway but I really think he'd be the right option right now. Gerrard gets marked man to man you need a defender who'll have the responsibility to take something on themselves and Agger could do that. If Gerrard is being used as a quasi-defender then one of our defenders should also be a quasi-midfielder (I know Mick will love these names :D ), take the ball off Gerrard and break forward past his man-marker, should open up the passing channels and give the opposition an awful lot more to think about. Currently neither of our CB's are willing to do that.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #655: Sep 23, 2014 08:28:21 pm

Merci mon savant ami   ;D
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #656: Sep 23, 2014 08:38:15 pm
      Playing well so far!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #657: Sep 23, 2014 09:53:11 pm

Vous êtes les bienvenus.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #658: Sep 24, 2014 12:03:50 am
      Thought he was our best defender today mind you with kolo next to you probably not that difficult! Loved the way he brought the ball out with pin point passing to his midfielders. In fact if only our midfielders were half as good as his passing today.

How the F**k the ref gave him a yellow and then bottled out if a pen - shocking decision.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #659: Sep 24, 2014 12:22:05 am
      Thought he was our best defender today mind you with kolo next to you probably not that difficult! Loved the way he brought the ball out with pin point passing to his midfielders. In fact if only our midfielders were half as good as his passing today.

How the f**k the ref gave him a yellow and then bottled out if a pen - shocking decision.

He's one heck of a ball playing center back. I never worry about him when he's on the ball...more when he's off the ball unfortunately.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #660: Sep 24, 2014 12:25:50 am

How the f**k the ref gave him a yellow and then bottled out if a pen - shocking decision.

Favourite part was when Sakho had us all fooled, with the sound of the crowd gasping, thinking he would let the ball run past him and allow the Boro player through on goal, or to get knocked off the ball, It didn't happen :D Sahko played his man and intercepted the through ball like a boss :D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #661: Sep 24, 2014 08:01:49 am
      Fantastic performance last night, so many moments made me nervous when he was on the ball but he dealt with them all.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #662: Sep 24, 2014 01:40:58 pm
      Fantastic performance last night, so many moments made me nervous when he was on the ball but he dealt with them all.

That clever little turn when it looked like the 'Boro player was going to come from behind and take the ball.....even the announcers on my feed were worried but Sakho just took his turn like it was no big deal. Love his attitude and the confidence he plays with.

I'm just throwing this out there and it probably makes little sense, but I could almost see him playing as a defensive mid. He's got the skillset and rarely puts a pass wrong, he started a lot of our play last night with well placed passes cutting through the midfield.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #663: Sep 24, 2014 01:59:40 pm
      Rodgers prefers Skrtel & Lovren for now. I am a big Sakho fan but he does make mistakes for LFC he doesn't seem to make for France. Mind you none of our centre backs are setting the world alight. Perhaps a 352 now that we have better full backs might work?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #664: Sep 24, 2014 10:11:09 pm
      Henchoz.

Red flushed face and an accident waiting to happen.

Used to close my eyes when he was defending anywhere near the goal.

Thats Sakho.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #665: Sep 24, 2014 11:29:23 pm
      Henchoz.

Red flushed face and an accident waiting to happen.

Used to close my eyes when he was defending anywhere near the goal.

Thats Sakho.

God know's how you cope with a Skrtel then.......!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #666: Sep 25, 2014 10:11:00 am
      God know's how you cope with a Skrtel then.......!!

;D

Thats for another day  H.

Quick Reply