Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206340 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #690: Sep 28, 2014 06:41:34 am
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29398290

... and who has told him to say this ?   ......

Liverpool's Mamadou Sakho apologises for leaving Anfield

Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho has apologised for making "a bad choice" by leaving Anfield before the Merseyside derby against Everton.
      The French international, 24, was left out of the squad and was pictured by a supporter heading out of the stadium.
      "I'm aware it was a bad choice from my part," Sakho wrote on his Facebook page.
      The game ended in a 1-1 draw after Phil Jagielka's stoppage-time goal cancelled out Steven Gerrard's opener.
      Sakho, who joined Liverpool from Paris St-Germain in a £18m deal in August 2013, had appeared in five of the club's first seven matches this term.
      "I really want to apologise to the club, the supporters and every person who felt offended when I left the stadium this afternoon," the centre-back added.

Throws rattle out of pram.

Disgraceful to not even be there watching the rest of the lads.

Unacceptable ...apology or not .
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #691: Sep 28, 2014 06:45:16 am
      Don't care if he has apologised or not, I don't want him playing for us ever again! If you aren't selected then you damn well sit there and support the team as though you had been. Nobody can expect to storm out on this club and be forgiven IMO. Wrong attitude, apology or not.

This.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #692: Sep 28, 2014 10:27:01 am
      Sakho is beginning to look like some of the strange other signings Aspas, Assaidi, Alberto ie committee signings.
      If true what a waste of money.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #693: Sep 28, 2014 10:30:22 am
      Sakho is beginning to look like some of the strange other signings Aspas, Assaidi, Alberto ie committee signings.
      If true what a waste of money.

He is clearly a committee signing, yes.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #694: Sep 28, 2014 11:23:46 am
      Often wondered how Rodgers was going to keep 4 high-ish profile CB's happy. One left in Agger and now Sahko is beginning to have a moan too.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #695: Sep 28, 2014 11:38:02 am
      Goes to show there is no meritocracy despite BR saying the opposite.
      To accuse Brendan of not picking his best team is one hell of an accusation mate.

Is it only because you rate Sakho over Skrtel [setting aside their position left/right]; or are there other 'examples' to support your theory?  :confused-smiley-013:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #696: Sep 28, 2014 11:54:51 am
      To accuse Brendan of not picking his best team is one hell of an accusation mate.

Is it only because you rate Sakho over Skrtel [setting aside their position left/right]; or are there other 'examples' to support your theory?  :confused-smiley-013:

Your right mate I think Sakho is better than Skrtel and Lovren.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #697: Sep 28, 2014 12:01:01 pm

The boss clearly doesn't though.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #698: Sep 28, 2014 12:14:22 pm
      Fair enough then but is that, [your preference], the only thing which brings you to making the, somewhat extreme, accusation that Brendan doesn't pick the team on merit?

It's a bit of a flimsy 'argument', if it is, mate. As it works on the premise that only you know what's best for the team and that just can't be correct; can it?

After all; we've all got our 'favourites' and we can't all be right.  ;D

Anyhows... the 'theory' has been noted. 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #699: Sep 28, 2014 03:17:11 pm
      Fair enough then but is that, [your preference], the only thing which brings you to making the, somewhat extreme, accusation that Brendan doesn't pick the team on merit?

It's a bit of a flimsy 'argument', if it is, mate. As it works on the premise that only you know what's best for the team and that just can't be correct; can it?

After all; we've all got our 'favourites' and we can't all be right.  ;D

Anyhows... the 'theory' has been noted. 

It's never as simple though is it mate? Depends on other factors like if he really did want a player or was thrust on him by the "committee". Folk have noticed he keeps picking Markovic who he def wanted but clearly is not ready yet compare his treatment to Suso.

He seems to rate Johnson and not Agger.

I don't want to make this post into a anti Rodgers one as I like the gaffer, just highlighting there is always more to things than just playing ability.

« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2014 03:30:07 pm by HScRed1 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #700: Sep 28, 2014 03:49:18 pm
      ;D don't be ridiculous we will need him soon enough once Skrtel is shown up by half decent teams.

The same half decent teams he was scoring against last season and putting very good performances in against!!

City, Arsenal etc etc.

Skrtel is a better defender and doesn't act like a bi*ch like this decades Djimi Troare!!
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #701: Sep 28, 2014 04:07:18 pm
      Sahko needs to knuckle down and fight for his place. He must believe he is our best centre back and prove that when he gets a chance. Otherwise, he'll be on his way next summer.
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2014 04:29:23 pm by Barnes10 »
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #702: Sep 28, 2014 04:31:32 pm
      we have 3 really talented CBs atm in srktel lovren and sakho. 

we have a monstrous amount of games to play this season

we need to rotate the three of them so they are comfortable in playing with each other should one get hurt/ tired

sakho needs to realize this and I believe he will

I rate sakho very highly.  communication is a factor that is affecting him negatively atm.  lovren is very assertive and that has bode very well in him slotting into our team so quick

my question now is... how come Sakho didn't know he wasn't playing till the hour before?  is this normal for BR? 
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #703: Sep 28, 2014 06:03:24 pm
      we have 3 really talented CBs atm in srktel lovren and sakho.

Talented or over-rated?

Skrtel is currently our best defender and I've, for a long time, not been his biggest fan so it will tell you the opinion I hold the others in.

I firmly believe that we've let our best defender go in Agger and that Brendan has spent £43m (Sakho + Lovren) in no real upgrade, you don't have to be a genius to think how that £43m could have been better spent.

Truth is we've looked a shadow of the side that defended under Kenny/Clarke and there have been very little if any improvements, that's very disappointing.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #704: Sep 28, 2014 08:36:18 pm
      Sorry but I'd take Skrtel over Sakho any day!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #705: Sep 28, 2014 09:53:10 pm
      Talented or over-rated?

Skrtel is currently our best defender and I've, for a long time, not been his biggest fan so it will tell you the opinion I hold the others in.

I firmly believe that we've let our best defender go in Agger and that Brendan has spent £43m (Sakho + Lovren) in no real upgrade, you don't have to be a genius to think how that £43m could have been better spent.

Truth is we've looked a shadow of the side that defended under Kenny/Clarke and there have been very little if any improvements, that's very disappointing.

£8mil for Agger or £20mil plus each for Sakho or Lovren and these guys are so called business men and don't even get me started on selling Pepe for £1mil. We ain't going to score over 100 goals this season so if we don't learn to shut up shop we are going to struggle to make an impact this season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #706: Sep 28, 2014 09:53:46 pm
      Sorry but I'd take Skrtel over Sakho any day!

don't apologise mate its a no brainer
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #707: Sep 28, 2014 10:38:45 pm
      don't apologise mate its a no brainer
      Some would beg to differ, but Skrtel is by far our best all round defender, and the one most likely to score goals too!  I would like to think Sakho would have convinced me by now (after a whole season) that he should be an automatic starter,  but he hasn't yet. 
      The lad can tackle, but in possession he still worries me. I'd like to give him a run beside Skrtel to see how they work together, as Lovren is looking a little average ATM.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #708: Sep 28, 2014 10:50:58 pm
      Some would beg to differ, but Skrtel is by far our best all round defender, and the one most likely to score goals too!  I would like to think Sakho would have convinced me by now (after a whole season) that he should be an automatic starter,  but he hasn't yet. 
      The lad can tackle, but in possession he still worries me. I'd like to give him a run beside Skrtel to see how they work together, as Lovren is looking a little average ATM.

Did you mean own goals  ;D

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #709: Sep 28, 2014 10:51:10 pm

It's odd isn't it mate, because I don't worry as much about Sakho in possession as I do when he's trying to defend. Yes he can put the odd pass astray, he also plays some of the best passes out from the back that we see, ones with real zip that allow midfielders to actually do something with the ball more than just receiving it.

In defence, I'll admit it's ever since Carra and Neville highlighted it on a Monday Night Football, that I have seen his propensity to just back off endlessly. He's a nervous type, because the few times where he doesn't back off he makes rash tackles and rash decisions to rush out, twice already we've seen him rush out and get passed either between the legs or by whatever means to people running in behind him, those have resulted in goals. Lovren has shouldered some of the blame for those goals and while he is meant to cover for his CB partner, he also shouldn't be expect to carry the entire burden of defending.

These types of poor decisions, without forethought of his actions, are what worry me most. He isn't reading the game well at all and that is one of the key talents a defender needs in open play. He has to see where the threat will develop and when you add in the odd bad pass too then it's easy to see why he doesn't make the XI.

Looking more and more like he might be one of those players that has all the tools to make it at the top level but not the application. His little moment storming out will help nobody and hurt himself the most.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #710: Sep 28, 2014 10:59:19 pm
      Yeah them too!  :D

It's odd isn't it mate, because I don't worry as much about Sakho in possession as I do when he's trying to defend. Yes he can put the odd pass astray, he also plays some of the best passes out from the back that we see, ones with real zip that allow midfielders to actually do something with the ball more than just receiving it.

In defence, I'll admit it's ever since Carra and Neville highlighted it on a Monday Night Football, that I have seen his propensity to just back off endlessly. He's a nervous type, because the few times where he doesn't back off he makes rash tackles and rash decisions to rush out, twice already we've seen him rush out and get passed either between the legs or by whatever means to people running in behind him, those have resulted in goals. Lovren has shouldered some of the blame for those goals and while he is meant to cover for his CB partner, he also shouldn't be expect to carry the entire burden of defending.

These types of poor decisions, without forethought of his actions, are what worry me most. He isn't reading the game well at all and that is one of the key talents a defender needs in open play. He has to see where the threat will develop and when you add in the odd bad pass too then it's easy to see why he doesn't make the XI.

Looking more and more like he might be one of those players that has all the tools to make it at the top level but not the application. His little moment storming out will help nobody and hurt himself the most.

He does seem to be jittery at times, looks like he could be decent for us if he can keep the blood from rushing.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #711: Sep 28, 2014 11:04:56 pm

Just goes to show how we all view football from different angles and viewpoints.
      I don't see any of this backing off from Sakho that you mention he is usually a front foot defender who tries to anticipate the danger and admittedly in his aggression to cut out the danger has made errors. I think you have confused Sakho with Skrtel who is the back off master and quite often looks like he will end up in the back of the net backing off.
      It's no great surprise the way we invited pressure in the last 10 mins yesterday, any pressure and Skrtel's default is to drop deep and we can never play offside.

I just wonder why Sakho is pretty good for France and yet is deemed to be not good enough for us bearing in mind he has not made any more errors leading yo goals than his comrades!
      Anyway looks like Lovren was brought in too replace him as a LCB,  and as much as I would like to think its great too have a international CB on the bench I don't think he will stick around.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #712: Sep 28, 2014 11:09:48 pm
      Just goes to show how we all view football from different angles and viewpoints.
      I don't see any of this backing off from Sakho that you mention he is usually a front foot defender who tries to anticipate the danger and admittedly in his aggression to cut out the danger has made errors. I think you have confused Sakho with Skrtel who is the back off master and quite often looks like he will end up in the back of the net backing off.
      It's no great surprise the way we invited pressure in the last 10 mins yesterday, any pressure and Skrtel's default is to drop deep and we can never play offside.

I just wonder why Sakho is pretty good for France and yet is deemed to be not good enough for us bearing in mind he has not made any more errors leading yo goals than his comrades!
      Anyway looks like Lovren was brought in too replace him as a LCB,  and as much as I would like to think its great too have a international CB on the bench I don't think he will stick around.

He was probably just rested for the Champions League game mate,  he has featured prominently so far this season, I think he'll get plenty of game time this season, and stay put.

Quick Reply