Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206593 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #391: Apr 07, 2014 02:18:57 am
      Had a very good game considering the time he's been out, against a yard dog that fought and threw himself down at everything.

Well done Sahko - ye beast!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #392: Apr 07, 2014 02:56:05 pm
      I love Sakho. Didn't miss a beat defensively after being out for such a long time, which is a mark of a quality player.

He's a funny looking player though. It always looks like he's uncomfortable on the ball, but in actuality he's probably the best or second best passer we have among our defenders. So many of his passes went straight through the middle and to the feet of Suarez or Sturridge.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #393: Apr 07, 2014 03:11:22 pm
      I love Sakho. Didn't miss a beat defensively after being out for such a long time, which is a mark of a quality player.

He's a funny looking player though. It always looks like he's uncomfortable on the ball, but in actuality he's probably the best or second best passer we have among our defenders. So many of his passes went straight through the middle and to the feet of Suarez or Sturridge.

Think I read that his pass accuracy yesterday was something around 95%. Good eye you've got.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #394: Apr 07, 2014 07:09:22 pm

How he tackles and how he passes looks awkward
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #395: Apr 07, 2014 07:28:09 pm
      How he tackles and how he passes looks awkward

He does look ungainly but gave a passable performance against WH, if we are to move to the next level tho' I think the lad's days are numbered.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #396: Apr 07, 2014 07:32:24 pm
      He does look ungainly but gave a passable performance against WH, if we are to move to the next level tho' I think the lad's days are numbered.

Really? I think he's pretty much assured of a starting spot if he continues to work hard. He's a very skilled defender.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #397: Apr 07, 2014 07:33:27 pm

Not sure I agree there, he could well be our best centre back once he gets a run of games in. He's still young but experienced at the same time, I think he is the next level.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #398: Apr 07, 2014 07:34:32 pm
      No way, I love this guy he's an absolute beast. Think him and Squirtle will be our first choice pairing next season. Like it or not Dagger will be on his way this Summer.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,393 posts | 2823 
      Reply #399: Apr 07, 2014 07:34:49 pm
      Thought it was an excellent return to the first team for the lad.

West Ham away is not an easy game to come back in at all and he dealt with it well.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #400: Apr 07, 2014 07:35:56 pm
      No way, I love this guy he's an absolute beast. Think him and Squirtle will be our first choice pairing next season. Like it or not Dagger will be on his way this Summer.

I don't think I believe that Dagger is gone. Why get rid of him? He's a good CB and loves the club. He will fight for his spot and be ready at a moment's notice. No reason to not keep him, we'll need cover next year for sure. (as we did this year)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #401: Apr 07, 2014 07:39:07 pm

I think we need an improvement if we are to progress, Sakho is adequate presently indeed I have praised the lad in the past but that is an area we could improve on.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #402: Apr 07, 2014 08:08:42 pm
      I don't think I believe that Dagger is gone. Why get rid of him? He's a good CB and loves the club. He will fight for his spot and be ready at a moment's notice. No reason to not keep him, we'll need cover next year for sure. (as we did this year)
      Don't get me wrong mate, I like Dagger a lot and hope he stays but I believe his heart isn't in it and he'll want to leave next summer.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #403: Apr 07, 2014 08:09:12 pm
      No chance. He's quality and we need to keep him here.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #404: Apr 07, 2014 08:12:07 pm
      I think we need an improvement if we are to progress, Sakho is adequate presently indeed I have praised the lad in the past but that is an area we could improve on.
      Fair play mate, can't please everyone :laugh: I just think he gives us something different with his forward runs (much like Dagger used to do) and his direct passes to the forward men.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #405: Apr 07, 2014 08:14:49 pm

Got no qualms with improving, if we can find someone even better than him, I've got not problem with it, just for me there's other areas that might be more pressing.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #406: Apr 07, 2014 09:59:04 pm

Any suggestions if Sakho is not good enough for you? Bearing in mind how much we paid for him and our owners!

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #407: Apr 07, 2014 10:28:10 pm

You're probably the only person who thinks that stuey. I'd say most of us think the lad is genuine quality and I'd go further to say he'll be first choice ahead of Agger next season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4933 
      Reply #408: Apr 07, 2014 10:48:20 pm
      You're probably the only person who thinks that stuey. I'd say most of us think the lad is genuine quality and I'd go further to say he'll be first choice ahead of Agger next season.

I agree.

I think he is nailed on as our first choice CB next season and should be alongside Skrtel unless Brendan gets enough funds to buy another CB.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #409: Apr 07, 2014 10:50:37 pm
      I agree.

I think he is nailed on as our first choice CB next season and should be alongside Skrtel unless Brendan gets enough funds to buy another CB.

Agree with you mate, know where Stuey is coming from with the ungainly stuff but I just think that's his style rather than actually being awkward.

Your man Skrtel has done you proud though Si, nobody can deny how good he's been recently.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #410: Apr 07, 2014 10:55:18 pm

Have to differ on this one mate, as I said previously I have backed the lad and will continue as long as he wears the shirt, I believe for the next challenge we do need to step up a notch.
      Pre-empting the situation is no bad thing.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4933 
      Reply #411: Apr 07, 2014 10:55:44 pm
      Agree with you mate, know where Stuey is coming from with the ungainly stuff but I just think that's his style rather than actually being awkward.

Your man Skrtel has done you proud though Si, nobody can deny how good he's been recently.

I had this debate with my uncle the other wek and he is one who sayd he doesn't really rate Sakho and mentioned his ungainly style as a reason and I do think it puts some people off.

I think he is a very good defender with the potential to be a great one.

Skrtel has been fantastic and I'm pleased for him but if Agger does leave, as I think he will, then I still would like another in and if he happens to be better than Skrtel all the better.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #412: Apr 07, 2014 11:59:40 pm
      I am still unconvinced by Sakho. Good passer but needs to improve on his defending a fair bit for me. Maybe I am expecting to much, but I think he needs to improve (which I think he will) next season.  On another day his poor header after Carroll hit the bar could have been fatal. Speaking of which, WTF was Johnson marking Carroll for ? Surely we should have had Skrtel or Sakho (presumably our best headers) marking him? 

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #413: Apr 08, 2014 12:07:26 am

Understand stuey's sentiment to an extent.

Sakho had a good game he has had a hanful of them to make suggestions that on the back of a handful good performances he replace the Vice captain and stalwart of the club is absurd.

Quick Reply