Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206575 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,023 posts | 3352 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1012: Aug 20, 2015 08:08:31 pm
      So was Skrtel along with Henderson in midfield who should have provided some cover to the defence

Lovren was one of the main culprits in the debacle against Palace............

And Sakho was also a culprit in the debacle against Palace the year before.

Skrtel and Henderson were also in the Palace game last year, maybe if you made the same excuses for Lovren as you do Sakho (Henderson giving him more cover for example) your idiotic posts would at least have some consistency.

You know what, F**k it. I can't be arsed arguing with somebody like you because you're not worth the effort or time. Mamadou Sakho is the greatest defender in the world. Let's leave it there.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1013: Aug 20, 2015 08:15:10 pm
      And Sakho was also a culprit in the debacle against Palace the year before.

Skrtel and Henderson were also in the Palace game last year, maybe if you made the same excuses for Lovren as you do Sakho (Henderson giving him more cover for example) your idiotic posts would at least have some consistency.

You know what, f**k it. I can't be arsed arguing with somebody like you because you're not worth the effort or time. Mamadou Sakho is the greatest defender in the world. Let's leave it there.

Probably is best we leave it as you decided long ago that Sakho is not very good and seem to be one of a very few who thinks Sakho is sh*t.

Its not worth debating with someone who has a closed mind.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1014: Aug 20, 2015 08:22:54 pm
      Personally I don't think Sakho is sh*t
      I just don't think he is as great as others believe.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1015: Aug 20, 2015 08:30:44 pm
      Personally I don't think Sakho is sh*t
      I just don't think he is as great as others believe.

He may not be great but is still somehow the first choice French CB, keeping out the likes of kolcielny and more so is better than the incumbent keeping him out of the LFC team.
      I'm sure he will be called upon as some point assuming he stays.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1016: Aug 20, 2015 09:46:16 pm
      He may not be great but is still somehow the first choice French CB, keeping out the likes of kolcielny and more so is better than the incumbent keeping him out of the LFC team.
      I'm sure he will be called upon as some point assuming he stays.

Agree that if he stays that he will get some game time.
      Personally, as long as he is here, i would like to see him and Lovren or preferably Illori together for a cup game.
      For France isn't he usually paired with Varane who is quite a calm ball playing CB.

I just think the litmus test is to look at the other top teams in the Prem and work out if he, or any of our CB would get in to their 1st XI. I just don't think any of them would.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1017: Aug 20, 2015 10:56:37 pm
      http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/20/mamadou-sakho-new-deal-liverpool?CMP=share_btn_tw

@TonyBarretTimes : Good news for Mamadou Sakho who's been offered a new long term contract by Liverpool despite currently being out of the team.

Spin from the club I reckon.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1018: Aug 20, 2015 11:02:45 pm
      http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/20/mamadou-sakho-new-deal-liverpool?CMP=share_btn_tw

@TonyBarretTimes : Good news for Mamadou Sakho who's been offered a new long term contract by Liverpool despite currently being out of the team.

Barrett is usually reliable, hope it's true.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1019: Aug 20, 2015 11:03:20 pm

Probably not.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #1020: Aug 20, 2015 11:09:05 pm
      75k to 100k...that's quite a bit of cabbage. Certainly not sitting on the bench money is it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1021: Aug 20, 2015 11:27:14 pm
      75k to 100k...that's quite a bit of cabbage. Certainly not sitting on the bench money is it.

Such a random time to offer him a new 5 year deal. Perhaps he was in line for a new contract anyway and it's been brought forward so that the press know for sure that he's going nowhere?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1022: Aug 20, 2015 11:36:21 pm

If I had to speculate I'd guess it's our response to Sakho kicking up a bit of a fuss.

Timing is very interesting though, with his child just born the appeal of staying somewhere settled would be quite something.

By the wording I'd guess it's actually £90k a week but I think that has very little reflection on first team chances but it would be reassuring to see us reacting to him clearly agitating. Now whether you believe it is simply spin is a different question, which I'm a little torn on to be honest so I'll play a Si on this one and wait until the window shuts and then say if I thought it was spin or not (j/k).
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1023: Aug 21, 2015 01:38:29 am
      omg a daily update in the "Sakho saga" yay, we are so lucky the papers are catering for us and our thirst for non-stories
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1024: Aug 21, 2015 04:30:14 am
      I hope he doesn't move on , we need him to fight for that position because as we all know the 2 that's starting at the moment are likely to F**k up big time , then enter Sakho to the rescue . The season is early and plenty of games in different competitions if we progress far enough .
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1025: Aug 21, 2015 07:24:48 am
      I hope he doesn't move on , we need him to fight for that position because as we all know the 2 that's starting at the moment are likely to f**k up big time , then enter Sakho to the rescue.

I don't get this.  How can he fight more than he already has?  He lost his spot to Lovren last season for no reason whatsoever.  He then "fought" to get it back, and won his place in the team, and did nothing wrong to merit him losing his spot again.

And yet.  Lo and behold.  The season starts and Lovren is back in the lineup. 

How can Sakho "fight" for his place when the odds are stacked against him?

He can fight all he wants but if the manager doesn't like him then he won't play.  end of.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1782 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1026: Aug 21, 2015 07:54:46 am
      Liverpool have offered defender Mamadou Sakho, 25, a new five-year contract to fend off any transfer interest in the player. (The Guardian)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1027: Aug 21, 2015 08:33:28 am
      I don't get this.  How can he fight more than he already has?  He lost his spot to Lovren last season for no reason whatsoever.  He then "fought" to get it back, and won his place in the team, and did nothing wrong to merit him losing his spot again.

And yet.  Lo and behold.  The season starts and Lovren is back in the lineup. 

How can Sakho "fight" for his place when the odds are stacked against him?

He can fight all he wants but if the manager doesn't like him then he won't play.  end of.

You're an unmerciful gobs***e you know that.

Sakho didn't lose his place to Lovren he wasn't available for selection for our opening two games.

If Lovren had two poor games Brendan would have Sakho straight back in the team. But Lovren had two very good performances back to back so Sakho will have to compete for a place. It's called having healthy competition in a squad you moron Brendan clearly does want Sakho which is why we are offering the player a new 5 year contract.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1028: Aug 21, 2015 09:29:01 am
      Sakho didn't lose his place to Lovren he wasn't available for selection for our opening two games.

Oh?  so we can expect Sakho right back into the team, unless Lovren doesn't play well?

so suppose Lovren plays well for the rest of the season; essentially Sakho will have lost his spot in the team because it just so happened that his baby was born at the beginning of the season and he could never get his place back?

Come off it.  We know what is going on here. 

Sakho is a better CB than Lovren.  Full stop.  He played very well in his first season and then got dropped for Lovren for no reason last season, other than that we had spent 20m on him in the summer.

You play your best players.  That is Sakho. 

jh
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      • a Red from the little red dot
      Reply #1029: Aug 21, 2015 09:37:39 am

Ahh .. not even on bench aka 4th choice behind Kolo ..

clean sheet is a separate issue
      jh
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      • a Red from the little red dot
      Reply #1030: Aug 21, 2015 09:46:50 am

so u think he wasnt available for selection for the 2 games because of the new born baby ?

Few months back Hendo played on the same day his baby arrived, against Blackburn in the FA cup .. I assume the vice captain of France would have similar level of commitment, if he was wanted ..
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #1031: Aug 21, 2015 10:08:13 am

If Lovren had two poor games Brendan would have Sakho straight back in the team. But Lovren had two very good performances back to back so Sakho will have to compete for a place. It's called having healthy competition in a squad you moron Brendan clearly does want Sakho which is why we are offering the player a new 5 year contract.

Sorry mate but if you think that was two very good performances from him ,then expectation really has been dumbed down ,needs to buck his ideas up big time to be a proper c/b for the reds ,he wouldnt get on the bench for the top three thats the level he is at .
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1032: Aug 21, 2015 10:37:23 am

so u think he wasnt available for selection for the 2 games because of the new born baby ?

Few months back Hendo played on the same day his baby arrived, against Blackburn in the FA cup .. I assume the vice captain of France would have similar level of commitment, if he was wanted ..

Hendo didn't ask for leave when his baby was born Sakho did that's the difference.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1033: Aug 21, 2015 10:40:03 am
      Sorry mate but if you think that was two very good performances from him ,then expectation really has been dumbed down ,needs to buck his ideas up big time to be a proper c/b for the reds ,he wouldnt get on the bench for the top three thats the level he is at .

Yes they were two very good performances I'm sure many who watched the games will agree.

I'm no Lovren fan, I think Sakho is a better player, but whether I like a player or not I call a performance as I see it on the day. Others only see with bias.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1034: Aug 21, 2015 10:40:43 am

Established gobs***e.
      Sakho is the subject of interest from other clubs so the manager does what managers do.
      BR has secured his services, which are obviously valued for the foreseeable future and beyond, at the same time displaying to interested parties they will have to part with a fair bit of wedge to prise him away from LFC.
      Your man there is also acting out a role model, juggling rumour, innuendo and agendas as gobshites do.

Quick Reply