Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206549 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1778 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1035: Aug 21, 2015 10:42:02 am
      Sahko was maybe given compasionate leave for the 1st game, and was not at same fitness level as lovren & toure, you could see during pre-season lovren and skrtel were the pairing to start the season for difefrent reasons anyway.

Getting beyond a joke the bikkering between fans about thier fave players not starting.

#growup

Sakho will get games just has wait his turn same as majority of the squad.

Personally dont see much difference between all of the centrebacks, none are anywhere near hyypia & carra. just have to deal with that, ffs. I had to deal with watching babb as a cb in the 90s. and guys like kavrme (spelt wrong). these current lot ar ok world beaters compared to them.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,387 posts | 2823 
      Reply #1036: Aug 21, 2015 11:12:00 am
      I like Mama and wanted him to start the season as our main centre half but to say he did nothing wrong to be dropped from the line up is a bit of a lie isn't it. The last two full games he featured in for us last season saw us lose 4-1 at Arsenal and 6-1 at Stoke, he was pretty sh*te on both occasions.

As for the new contract, don't see him signing it for a good while yet. He'll want to see how his first team chances develop I imagine.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,193 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1037: Aug 21, 2015 11:22:32 am
      Always amazes me amount of stick our CB's have got under Rodgers without looking at the causes of a non existant shield in front of them and full backs who have bombed up field.

No great surprise the likes of Skrtel and Sakho look so good for their national teams with proper protection.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #1038: Aug 21, 2015 12:04:14 pm
      Yes they were two very good performances I'm sure many who watched the games will agree.

I'm no Lovren fan, I think Sakho is a better player, but whether I like a player or not I call a performance as I see it on the day. Others only see with bias.

There are probably lots of fans who think he didn't as well , doesn't make it right just because you ssy so and thsts without any bias towards any player ,

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1039: Aug 21, 2015 12:11:10 pm
      Only way this fella signs a new extension is if BR has the balls to drop Skrtel again as he's been the longest serviing CB at the club during our worst time defensivly and has still not stepped up and grabbed the back line by the short and curlys and lead. Sakho is a natural leader and for me our next home game i would drop Skrtel and bring Sakho back and get him and lovren to work. Long term Skrtel is not going to improve he's only going to get worse as he's had years to grow into a leader and worldclass CB and he's not lived upto it. As Sakho's english improves his communications amonst the back line would improve and he would command that back line. its early days but I eat humble pie and state Lovren looks better than Skrtel.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1040: Aug 21, 2015 12:17:35 pm
      There are probably lots of fans who think he didn't as well , doesn't make it right just because you ssy so and thsts without any bias towards any player ,

Well in my opinion anyone who thinks Lovren had a poor performance the last two games is biased.

I'm not saying he should start ahead of Sakho but like it or not he played well.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,193 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1041: Aug 21, 2015 12:22:24 pm
      Well in my opinion anyone who thinks Lovren had a poor performance the last two games is biased.

I'm not saying he should start ahead of Sakho but like it or not he played well.

He made a few errors in the last match so wouldn't say he had a flawless match but it was a clean sheet which is what matters.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #1042: Aug 21, 2015 12:51:53 pm

So what your saying is anyone who dosent agree with your opinion and thats all it is , is biased gotcha
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1043: Aug 21, 2015 05:06:50 pm
      So what your saying is anyone who dosent agree with your opinion and thats all it is , is biased gotcha

In this particular instance yes as the players stats, expert opinions on his performances, and the fact we kept two consecutive clean sheets with barely any shots on target against us all strongly suggest Lovren played well. So to state Lovren was poor in both games without any supporting evidence can only suggest bias.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #1044: Aug 21, 2015 06:40:12 pm
      In this particular instance yes as the players stats, expert opinions on his performances, and the fact we kept two consecutive clean sheets with barely any shots on target against us all strongly suggest Lovren played well. So to state Lovren was poor in both games without any supporting evidence can only suggest bias.
      So know that you've had time to google his stats  and gather expert opinions you state you are right,  theres none so blind as them cant see , you stick to your stats and expert opinions , I'll just watch the game , have a good day .
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1045: Aug 21, 2015 09:00:46 pm
      Personally I think Sakho walks straight back in the team if he is ready, Lovren makes me so nervous when the ball comes to him, flapping at it like some amateur, Sakho has better positioning and better distribution.

Personally, they both make me nervous when on the ball. With Sakho it's just how his feet adjust I guess.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1046: Aug 21, 2015 11:01:43 pm
      ;D@ at those suggesting it is something personal here between Mama and Rodgers.

Let's not kid ourselves he was a BR top choice and signing at the time and only cost $1.8m less than Lovren.

Let's completely dispel logic here that Rodgers watches the lad at training every day and one would assume picks his team and squad based on that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1047: Aug 21, 2015 11:32:01 pm

I don't think it's that hard to believe that a player has taken the hump because he's been left out of the sqaud especially one who has previous so not sure what you're getting at Dad's?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1048: Aug 21, 2015 11:34:33 pm
      ;D@ at those suggesting it is something personal here

Have to agree with this.

Fact is he was granted leave from the manager for his daughters birth when we went to Stoke and it was pretty obvious in the pre-season that Lovren was going to get a chance to  show an improvement or fall flat on his face...Lovren showed well enough in pre-season.

Lovren started the campaign at Stoke and did OK....Mama is back but Lovren has done nothing to lose his starting job...we play 2 at the back so Mama is going have to wait until something breaks or for the cups/europa.

We are trying to build some kind of consistency in the back four; despite our personal feelings on both Sakho or Brendan I seriously doubt there is any thing personal.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1049: Aug 21, 2015 11:48:22 pm

Let's not kid ourselves he was a BR top choice and signing at the time and only cost $1.8m less than Lovren.

Let's completely dispel logic here that Rodgers watches the lad at training every day and one would assume picks his team and squad based on that.

Mate was more so referring to Federers theories on the subject but could not be bothered quoting him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1050: Aug 22, 2015 03:09:03 pm
      So know that you've had time to google his stats  and gather expert opinions you state you are right,  theres none so blind as them cant see , you stick to your stats and expert opinions , I'll just watch the game , have a good day .

Ahh I watched both games and commented throughout the live match threads. My personal opinion on Lovren's performances was only supported by the stats and post match expert opinions.

Any whatever hope Lovren doesn't disappoint you by putting in another good shift Monday night.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1051: Aug 24, 2015 02:48:29 pm
      Lets just hope he slots back in when BR feels he's ready to use him and its for Skrtel so that him and Lovren can start to form a partniship.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1052: Aug 24, 2015 05:21:12 pm
      There may be a valid reason why the guy isn't ready to play or even be on the bench. Not really sure why all the flapping is going on. Like a bunch of gossiping housewives sometimes, but that doesn't mean someone hasn't said the truth of the situation it just means I'd be speculating on something which I haven't a crumb of evidence to think is true.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1053: Sep 17, 2015 09:11:12 pm
      Outstanding today and showed exactly why he should have been starting for us all along.

Rodgers "outstanding" comments and commending his patience plus saying he comes in to contention for the weekend on the back of that is the bare minimum. If he doesn't start I'll personally be furious.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1054: Sep 17, 2015 09:23:23 pm
      Proving what we all knew already. Lovren doesn't hold a candle to Sakho, firmly believe that if he had been playing from match one then we would be on more points today than what we are now.

Finger has to be pointed at Brendan here. An absolutely shocking choice to pick Lovren over Sakho, perhaps the worst I've ever seen a Liverpool manager consistently make. If he doesn't learn his lesson it will be the final nail in his coffin.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1055: Sep 17, 2015 09:25:48 pm
      Outstanding today and showed exactly why he should have been starting for us all along.

Rodgers "outstanding" comments and commending his patience plus saying he comes in to contention for the weekend on the back of that is the bare minimum. If he doesn't start I'll personally be furious.

Proving what we all knew already. Lovren doesn't hold a candle to Sakho, firmly believe that if he had been playing from match one then we would be on more points today than what we are now.

Finger has to be pointed at Brendan here. An absolutely shocking choice to pick Lovren over Sakho, perhaps the worst I've ever seen a Liverpool manager consistently make. If he doesn't learn his lesson it will be the final nail in his coffin.

Yes. It's so obvious, yet Brendan can't see it (or chooses to ignore it). It's bizarre.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1056: Sep 17, 2015 09:40:26 pm
      Should be our captain every game.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #1057: Sep 17, 2015 09:46:32 pm
      I'd personality drop Skrtel for him. Martin has zero game intelligence and while I'm not saying that Lovren is Einstein, but I think Lovren/Sakho partnership is going to benefit us more than Skrtel/Sakho does.

Quick Reply