Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206394 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1564: Jul 26, 2016 03:27:54 pm
      Stop getting your news from Twitter. You seem to have a problem understanding convoluted media 'reports' with no basis.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36891959

Pearce is anything but convoluted...he has access to the club that the BBC does not even come close to.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1565: Jul 26, 2016 03:36:45 pm
      I don't think it's Behavioural problems, insofar as he's constantly a disruptive influence, rather, reading between the lines it seems more likely that he's treating the tour as if he's on his jollys, rather than a business trip which technically is what it is. He turned up late and he's probably not taken things as seriously as he should so has been sent to the naughty step back home.

This is how I read this. Serious, but it shouldn't be a fatal blow to his involvement with LFC. He needs to learn from it and I think he can as a genuinely good guy. But as a manager (in whatever business), with all the flexibility you should have, you still need some absolutes or the whole operation becomes a clown show.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #1566: Jul 26, 2016 03:37:09 pm
      Stop getting your news from Twitter. You seem to have a problem understanding convoluted media 'reports' with no basis.

Why would the club feel the need to air or confirm our dirty laundry?

Sakho is goofing off and Klopp wants it to be all business so he cut his "vacation" short. Really not too much to worry about here. Jürgen will handle this appropriately I'm sure.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1567: Jul 26, 2016 03:58:45 pm
      Easy to forget, it seems, but didn't Mama have 'behavioural' problems before; issues which saw him dropped under Rodgers (to mixed reviews)?  :confused-smiley-013:

Whilst it's still speculation, at the moment, perhaps Jürgen has seen that indiscipline too. His injury might save him the ignominy of being dropped this time 'round but either way; he's not going to be featuring in our team for some while, it seems.

Sakho's behavioural problems were justified under Rodgers and he acted as any honourable man would. But under Klopp, he's acted disgracefully. 

:f_tongueincheek:

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1568: Jul 26, 2016 04:08:08 pm

Don't be ridiculous, you do understand the media like the Echo are actually invited guests by the club.

Do you think they would make up sh*t?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1569: Jul 26, 2016 04:24:19 pm
      Is this Jurgens pre season equivalent of Rodgers 'bollocking' of raheem?  ;)

Steady.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,223 posts | 8570 
      Reply #1570: Jul 26, 2016 04:36:26 pm
      He was starting to settle in to the team before the fatburners stuff and inevitable ban and let's be honest, most footballers are knobheads in one way or another - it's a symptom of the institutionalised environment they're brought up in. I dread to think what Terry McDermott and his crowd would have got up to had they had access to video cameras and social media when they were winning the league every year in between all the drinking and shagging.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5000 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1571: Jul 26, 2016 04:37:48 pm
      What The F**k is going on?
      All I heard on the wireless was Mama had been sent home,

He's not been sniffing the shake N vac again had he?  ;D

YNWA
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,551 posts | 728 
      Reply #1572: Jul 26, 2016 04:45:35 pm
      Don't be ridiculous, you do understand the media like the Echo are actually invited guests by the club.

Do you think they would make up sh*t?

Media rule of thumb = Hits, Clicks, Views, Ratings > Facts.

This is common knowledge. Whether is the echo, telegraph, daily mail, cnn, tmz whatever.

They have basically come to the conclusion that 'sahkos future is in doubt' (with no official comment from the club) because
      1. A video shows Klopp semi-joking that Sahko arrived late for his flight.
      2. Sahko was sent home with an injury when Gomez and Lucas are staying but also injured.

well i guess if markovic and benteke are still with the squad in the us, we arent selling them either.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,697 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1573: Jul 26, 2016 04:49:28 pm
      I think he will survive this, however I think his starting place is lost. Not because of this but because other players having gained Klopp's trust or being Klopp's signing.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,551 posts | 728 
      Reply #1574: Jul 26, 2016 04:51:09 pm
      He was starting to settle in to the team before the fatburners stuff and inevitable ban and let's be honest, most footballers are knobheads in one way or another - it's a symptom of the institutionalised environment they're brought up in. I dread to think what Terry McDermott and his crowd would have got up to had they had access to video cameras and social media when they were winning the league every year in between all the drinking and shagging.

He was given a GoPro by LFCTV to film as a 'reporter'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baDGoOXhIoo

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #1575: Jul 26, 2016 05:20:45 pm
      If it's for Sakho's conduct then I'm with the Boss on this,can't F**k about with a important season ahead of us, treat this tour as a professional & build a collective winning mentality...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1576: Jul 26, 2016 05:28:05 pm

1. A video shows Klopp semi-joking that Sahko arrived late for his flight.

There's no semi joking about that, could tell Klopp wasn't happy at all about it. But he's not going to do a Rodgers and have a go at one of his players in front of the cameras. Somethings are best done behind closed doors. I think that Klopp was just giving Sakho a little reminder that he needs to buck his ideas up.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,551 posts | 728 
      Reply #1577: Jul 26, 2016 05:34:00 pm
      There's no semi joking about that, could tell Klopp wasn't happy at all about it. But he's not going to do a Rodgers and have a go at one of his players in front of the cameras. Somethings are best done behind closed doors. I think that Klopp was just giving Sakho a little reminder that he needs to buck his ideas up.

again. people here seem to focus on minor details they want to debate over rather that the greater overall point. SMH.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1578: Jul 26, 2016 05:46:57 pm
      again. people here seem to focus on minor details they want to debate over rather that the greater overall point. SMH.

There is no greater overall point. He's been injured and sent home, other players are injured but still there. Obviously he has messes up whether you like it or not.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5000 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1579: Jul 26, 2016 05:58:14 pm
      I didn't know shake and vac was around when they used wireless'?

;)

Haha,

They got wireless vacs now mate   ;D

YNWA
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #1580: Jul 26, 2016 06:49:52 pm
      I'm getting told that this is a lot more serious than just bad behaviour. Anyway , could be a blessing in disguise , he's a half decent defender who is rash , over commits , selling his intent to his opponent  , whilst always being an accident waiting to happen . I suppose his look fools many into believing he is some sort of beast that strikes fear into his opponent , when really , any good attacker can draw him in and out of position.
      Be honest , when he has the ball , it makes you nervous doesn't?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1581: Jul 26, 2016 06:51:00 pm
      I think he will survive this, however I think his starting place is lost.
      Not because of this but because other players having gained Klopp's trust or being Klopp's signing.

Agree.
      I still get that hide behind the couch Henchoz feeling when I see him play.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,223 posts | 8570 
      Reply #1582: Jul 26, 2016 06:55:28 pm

So either Klopp has got sick of him acting the dickhead or maybe he was sent home to get treatment on the achilles injury.

Either way I'm not arsed and just wish the proper season would hurry up and get here.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,551 posts | 728 
      Reply #1583: Jul 26, 2016 07:43:16 pm
      There is no greater overall point. He's been injured and sent home, other players are injured but still there. Obviously he has messes up whether you like it or not.

So he was sent home cause of his injury or because he 'messed up'?
      And you know this because???

Look at this seriously angry man reprimanding mama

you people believe everything u read in the media. Its a damn shame.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #1584: Jul 26, 2016 07:52:18 pm
      I'm getting told that this is a lot more serious than just bad behaviour. Anyway , could be a blessing in disguise , he's a half decent defender who is rash , over commits , selling his intent to his opponent  , whilst always being an accident waiting to happen . I suppose his look fools many into believing he is some sort of beast that strikes fear into his opponent , when really , any good attacker can draw him in and out of position.
      Be honest , when he has the ball , it makes you nervous doesn't?
      That last bit rings very true with me ,gives me the jitters big time.👍
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #1585: Jul 26, 2016 07:58:26 pm
      Time will tell.

However you position it. He does need to be more professional going forward - I suspect that may be the point that Jürgen is making here.

As I posted earlier - the "fat burner" F**k up starts and ends with him. Everybody else is after the fact. If I was Jürgen I'd have ripped him a new one for that......and told him you need to take your career more seriously.......
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1586: Jul 26, 2016 08:07:24 pm
      So he was sent home cause of his injury or because he 'messed up'?
      And you know this because???

Look at this seriously angry man reprimanding mama

you people believe everything u read in the media. Its a damn shame.

I think you are failing to grasp what I said. It's unlikely he has been sent home due to his injury seeing as other players who are injured haven't been sent home. There is no reason for him to have been sent home other than for messing up some how.

Also I like the way you ask how I know this yet you seem adamant it's not the case even though people close to the club are saying its because of conduct.

Quick Reply