Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206314 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1587: Jul 26, 2016 08:23:36 pm

;D

"I heard what you said...HScRed1...I heard what you said."
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1588: Jul 27, 2016 12:07:13 am
      A lesson all round here.

My only hope is LFCTV in the future dont encourage players to believe they are comedians. Find all that shot cringy as F**k myaelf.

As for Sakho... strike 3 and all that.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1589: Jul 27, 2016 12:17:47 am
      Not sure if it's a coincidence but there's no training coverage on lfc.tv over the next few days.  Seems strange seeing as we've had daily coverage since they arrived in the States.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1590: Jul 27, 2016 12:19:57 am
      I think LFCTV has a lot to answer for here as well.

The Alcatraz videos were all edited and supported by LFCTV hence the filming crew following him around all the time, when they struggle for content they shouldn't scrape the bottom of the barrel.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #1591: Jul 27, 2016 01:46:21 am
      <sigh> Sakho, an upgraded, but very slightly Djimi Traore.

Seriously, who gives just one F**k let alone two?
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1592: Jul 27, 2016 03:37:16 am
      again. people here seem to focus on minor details they want to debate over rather that the greater overall point. SMH.

nothing minor about Klopp's demeanour towards Sakho that entire time he was interrupting the interview. really puts things into perspective for us on the outside that just post and talk and read about people we'll never speak or interact with. whether we like it or not Klopp is the f**king boss and Sakho is just one of his players, clearly the player needs to take it a bit more seriously. Klavan, Matip and Lovren wouldn't be goosing about filming the tour like an extra, they're LFC centre halves taking their "job" seriously.

taking a screencap of Klopp grinning and ignoring everything else is just childish.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1593: Jul 27, 2016 07:09:43 am
      I'm giving it a week before he's linked to Spurs.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1594: Jul 27, 2016 08:27:58 am
      I'm getting told that this is a lot more serious than just bad behaviour. Anyway , could be a blessing in disguise , he's a half decent defender who is rash , over commits , selling his intent to his opponent  , whilst always being an accident waiting to happen . I suppose his look fools many into believing he is some sort of beast that strikes fear into his opponent , when really , any good attacker can draw him in and out of position.
      Be honest , when he has the ball , it makes you nervous doesn't?

I accidentally plusses this.

For the record.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1595: Jul 27, 2016 08:51:33 am
      I don't think it's Behavioural problems, insofar as he's constantly a disruptive influence, rather, reading between the lines it seems more likely that he's treating the tour as if he's on his jollys, rather than a business trip which technically is what it is. He turned up late and he's probably not taken things as seriously as he should so has been sent to the naughty step back home.
      Yeah.. that's why I had the word 'behavioural' in quotation marks mate. Issues with his "attitude" may be a better description - either way; Jürgen is not  the first Liverpool boss to have been strong and put his foot down with Mama.

Which was the actual point I was trying to make.  8)

Is this Jurgens pre season equivalent of Rodgers 'bollocking' of raheem?

Or, more accurately, Rodgers' dropping of Sakho after the 'Boro game?  :laugh:
      « Last Edit: Jul 27, 2016 12:14:03 pm by bad boy bubby »
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #1596: Jul 27, 2016 10:41:54 am

For the record.

I'm devastated.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,207 posts | 8565 
      Reply #1597: Jul 27, 2016 11:59:27 am
      So he was sent home cause of his injury or because he 'messed up'?
      And you know this because???

Look at this seriously angry man reprimanding mama

you people believe everything u read in the media. Its a damn shame.

Just because he's laughing doesn't mean there is something else going through his brain, after all the boss laughs over everything, probably laughed when he told Mama to F**k off home as well!!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1598: Jul 27, 2016 12:28:08 pm

I dont expect you to be. You must be used to it now considering it's the 107th time that it's happened to you.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1599: Jul 27, 2016 02:27:53 pm
      Just because he's laughing doesn't mean there is something else going through his brain, after all the boss laughs over everything, probably laughed when he told Mama to f**k off home as well!!

;D.

The only thing about the reporting I thought was in error was pointing to this video as any kind of problem. Klopp wouldn't have minded Mama having fun with his interview, but he DID (and should) have a problem with him showing up late, and apparently that wasn't the only thing Mama did re the tour that got him sent home.

But the video showed that it's not personal for Klopp, it's business - and that Mama had at least one warning and apparently didn't get it. I saw him on Instagram this morning in the weight room at LFC, pic taken by a U23 player. Hopefully he is taking the discipline to heart and working to earn back trust, fitness and an important role in the team.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #1600: Jul 27, 2016 04:20:44 pm
      It's evident him being given the shirt number 3 means he's behind Klavan in the pecking order.
      And him being sent to Melwood while injured or threatened to be left at Alcatraz by a laughing Klopp when he's making jokes can only be due to such serious discipline issues that they will lead to Mama being loaned to some italian club or sold to china.
      Not saying there can't be some minor discipline issue in the mix (likely something making Klopp think Melwood is a better place for Sakho to recover than one with lots of distractions), but I seriously doubt Sakho's long term place at the club is threatened at all.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1601: Jul 27, 2016 04:33:30 pm

For the record.

Here's a brush and a bar of soap and the shower's over there. Give yourself a good scrub down.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,207 posts | 8565 
      Reply #1602: Jul 27, 2016 04:41:39 pm
      He's been back in the gym at Melwood today

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1603: Jul 27, 2016 05:29:16 pm
      He's been back in the gym at Melwood today

Dicking around again on social media, hit those weights Mama  ;)
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1604: Jul 27, 2016 10:45:58 pm
      Bit of a strange turn, isn't it? I'd guess it's because he's goofing around too much while injured.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1605: Jul 28, 2016 12:50:26 am
      Just read that he was sent home for dicking around. Klopp made reference to him nearly missing the flight to San Fran, then missing a team lunch which was final straw for Klopp.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1606: Jul 28, 2016 01:11:49 am
      Just read that he was sent home for dicking around. Klopp made reference to him nearly missing the flight to San Fran, then missing a team lunch which was final straw for Klopp.

AND missed a training session.

Not a good look.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1607: Jul 28, 2016 01:13:16 am
      I guess there's only so many times you can dick about before it comes back to bite you on the arse. He's a brave one for trying it under Klopp. Surely the players know the type of person that Klopp is? Show a determination to improve and he will be your best friend but F**k him about and you'll be tossed aside.

To break club rules THREE times before our first game of the tour is crazy. To miss a treatment session when you're currently recovering from an injury is mental too.

Hopefully they'll have talks at a later date and it'll all get forgotten about.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,207 posts | 8565 
      Reply #1608: Jul 28, 2016 01:57:21 am
      From the Echo:

Jürgen Klopp has confirmed that defender Mamadou Sakho was sent home from Liverpool's pre-season tour of America after repeatedly breaking club rules.

The France international was banished from the Reds' California training base on Monday after riling the manager with his attitude.

There were three major transgressions which angered Klopp who felt the player had shown a lack of respect.

Sakho was late for the team flight from Liverpool to California last Thursday.

The centre-back, who is currently sidelined by an Achilles injury, also turned up late for a team meal and missed a treatment session in Palo Alto.

“I have to build a group here, we have to start new here,” Klopp said.

“So I thought maybe it made sense for him to fly home to Liverpool and after eight or 10 days when we come back we can talk about it. It's not that serious.

“He nearly missed the departure of the plane, he missed a session and was late for a meal.

“We have some rules and we have to respect them. If somebody doesn't respect it or somebody gives me the feeling he is not respecting it then I have to react that's all.

“It is private how he reacted. But we had no argument, it wasn't 'aghh, you, no...'.

“I spoke. You cannot argue when only one person is speaking. That's all.

“I think missed a session is missed a session. Even injured players have sessions.”

Klopp's comments make a mockery of suggestions that Sakho had returned to the UK for medical reasons.

The manager has indicated that Sakho, who is continuing his rehabilitation programme at Melwood, won't be hit in the pocket.

However, the Reds boss will sit down for talks with the former Paris Saint-Germain captain when Liverpool return to Merseyside next Tuesday and he expects to see a change in his attitude.

“Fine him? I am not interested in the money of the players,” Klopp added.

“Actually not really often in my life I've had to fine anybody because I want that we learn together to do the thing that is right.

“Always it is the same with every group. I don't like fining. Sometimes it's funny, when the fine is bull****.

“Come on, pay for it, that's nice. But mistakes, fining never helps.

“It's not because they care about money, it's always yeah in the moment it hurts but after a while not. So I want them to do the things because they want to do it, that's all.”
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,324 posts | 6380 
      Reply #1609: Jul 28, 2016 04:01:59 am
      Jürgen's in charge here. Don't cross him. Enough said.

Quick Reply