Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206646 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1771: Dec 03, 2016 01:04:05 pm
      I don't think it's important in the grand scheme of things mate, it's not like we're skint.

Not too sure FSG will have that train of thought if he shows his hand too often, though.

Jürgen must be absolutely pissed at him as I still believe that his ideal pairing for this season and beyond was Matip and Sakho.  Not that Matip and Lovren haven't been good but if that was the plan and he abandoned it in preseason, shows how unnacceptable he thought the situation was.

Seen a few on Twitter suggesting Lovren has always been more of a Klopp player than Sakho so not too sure that was the case Debs.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1772: Dec 03, 2016 01:18:27 pm
      Not too sure FSG will have that train of thought if he shows his hand too often, though.

Seen a few on Twitter suggesting Lovren has always been more of a Klopp player than Sakho so not too sure that was the case Debs.

He won't need to show his hand often though mate, that's the point. 

Doing this now, like he is, tells any player what's expected of them when they arrive here and knowing about his behaviour at PSG he probably wouldn't have signed him.  He can probably make anyone a good footballer if they have the right character (yeah I know) but as he's said previously, he won't sign any player, no matter how good, if they're an arsehole.

Maybe twitter's right about Lovren mate, the Matip/Sakho combo was just my opinion.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #1773: Dec 03, 2016 06:49:29 pm
      What are the disciplinary issues he's done?

I know he got sent home from the tour but any idea what he actually did on the tour that wound the boss up?

As said above, it's great to have a manager with that ruthless streak, I like Mama but trust Klopp 100%.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1774: Dec 03, 2016 06:58:21 pm
      What are the disciplinary issues he's done?

I know he got sent home from the tour but any idea what he actually did on the tour that wound the boss up?

As said above, it's great to have a manager with that ruthless streak, I like Mama but trust Klopp 100%.

Late for the flight out, late for meetings, late for training sessions were the reasons he got sent home. 

Then got told he needed to go out on loan and prove he could get his head down and work his way back but refused to do so.  Then ripped into Jürgen on Instagram complaining about not playing or training with the 1st team.

He's taken the piss mate after the drugs fiasco, instead of taking his job seriously, get himself fit and ready for the season he preferred to mess about like a dickhead.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1775: Dec 03, 2016 07:40:35 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1776: Dec 03, 2016 11:38:27 pm
      Like him as a player but he fu**ed up on more then one occasion and I can understand the Boss' thinking on this one.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1777: Dec 03, 2016 11:54:34 pm
      Never fully rated him or bought into the beast discription of him.
      Always saw him as a good player at times but one prone to far too many mistakes
      Can see him going into another club and just being revealed to be good player rather than a great one.
      Think klopp saw this early on and has done well to use him as an example.
      Get some money back and get rid.
      Not bothered at all.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #1778: Dec 04, 2016 02:33:01 am
      Took the piss not going to be allowed to fck up the team ethic .
      Tarra.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #1779: Dec 04, 2016 06:40:03 am
      Late for the flight out, late for meetings, late for training sessions were the reasons he got sent home. 

Then got told he needed to go out on loan and prove he could get his head down and work his way back but refused to do so.  Then ripped into Jürgen on Instagram complaining about not playing or training with the 1st team.

He's taken the piss mate after the drugs fiasco, instead of taking his job seriously, get himself fit and ready for the season he preferred to mess about like a dickhead.

Nice one cheers Debs.

Sounds like a bit of an arse then to be honest, don't need anyone messing around with the spirit we have in the squad.

Kloop taking this approach also shows the other lads what the standards he expects are, which can only be a good thing.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1780: Dec 04, 2016 11:09:03 am
      Nice one cheers Debs.

Sounds like a bit of an arse then to be honest, don't need anyone messing around with the spirit we have in the squad.

Kloop taking this approach also shows the other lads what the standards he expects are, which can only be a good thing.

Agree totally mate.  It's absolutely not what the team need, not now or in the future and the message is perfectly clear to everyone it won't be tolerated.

Love it personally.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1781: Mar 04, 2017 05:11:08 pm
      Couple of Crystal Palace fans in today absolutely raving about Sakho, saying he's single handedly shored up their defence.

Just wonder if we'd consider bringing him back under any circumstances at all if he contines to shine. I mean, how good do you have to be to capable of improving our defence?

If he ever comes in the pub, (a few Palace players do) I'll ask him!
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #1782: Mar 04, 2017 05:32:38 pm
      Couple of Crystal Palace fans in today absolutely raving about Sakho, saying he's single handedly shored up their defence.

Just wonder if we'd consider bringing him back under any circumstances at all if he contines to shine. I mean, how good do you have to be to capable of improving our defence?

If he ever comes in the pub, (a few Palace players do) I'll ask him!

From their forums..you are right they love him..but I don't think Jürgen will go back on his decision.
      ''Sakho is a monster''
      ''Hennessey and Ward are definitely our weakest players now, with Sakho though, we don't appear to need a keeper at all, shame we'd never get him on a permanent basis.''
      ''Sakho immense yet again''

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,583 posts | 738 
      Reply #1783: Mar 04, 2017 07:37:07 pm
      From their forums..you are right they love him..but I don't think Jürgen will go back on his decision.
      ''Sakho is a monster''
      ''Hennessey and Ward are definitely our weakest players now, with Sakho though, we don't appear to need a keeper at all, shame we'd never get him on a permanent basis.''
      ''Sakho immense yet again''

bloody hell.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1784: Mar 04, 2017 07:50:59 pm
      Sakho is gone, a real pity considering he could've saved us searching for a new CB in the summer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1785: Mar 04, 2017 07:53:38 pm
      Sakho will keep Palace up as he is a top class CB.

But unfortunately he's also a bit of a clown.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1786: Mar 04, 2017 09:19:35 pm
      Real pity we've not seen him and Matip play together.
      I wouldn't completely rule out a return for him if he pleads his case and improves on the things Jürgen hasn't been happy with
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2017 09:59:59 pm by Alfie2510 »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,265 posts | 4934 
      Reply #1787: Mar 05, 2017 12:39:23 am
      Sakho will keep Palace up as he is a top class CB.

But unfortunately he's also a bit of a clown.

Pretty much what I was going to post here.

I've said many times he's the best CB on our books but he obviously pissed Jürgen off once too often so he'll be sold.

No surprise he's doing well at Palace as he's far too good for them.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1788: Mar 05, 2017 12:41:57 am
      Pretty much what I was going to post here.

I've said many times he's the best CB on our books but he obviously pissed Jürgen off once too often so he'll be sold.

No surprise he's doing well at Palace as he's far too good for them.

He is not better than Matip.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,265 posts | 4934 
      Reply #1789: Mar 05, 2017 12:44:31 am

On top form I think he is mate but have no problems with Matip at all.

Both very good footballers.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1790: Mar 05, 2017 12:47:19 am
      On top form I think he is mate but have no problems with Matip at all.

Both very good footballers.

https://twitter.com/roundyarn/status/838065371890343937
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #1791: Mar 05, 2017 12:59:55 am
      Should never have been loaned out,in fact he should be in our starting back 4.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1792: Mar 05, 2017 01:06:05 am
      Should never have been loaned out,in fact he should be in our starting back 4.

Undoubtedly a fantastic defender but you can't go about breaking club rules left, right and centre. If Klopp had allowed that to go by then his authority would have been undermined and when that happens you basically sign your own resignation letter. If another player did something out of turn and Klopp punished him it would be so hypocritical - just imagine the division it would cause in the team. All the best managers have been strict disciplinarians. It's great to know that Klopp has defined the boundaries even if it sadly meant that a casualty of that was Sakho.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1793: Mar 05, 2017 09:12:05 am

That close control is something else, and the beast doesn't know what a cul-de-sac is.  :lmao:

Shame he's not here.

Quick Reply