Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 205020 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1863: Apr 21, 2017 04:04:14 pm
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1864: Apr 21, 2017 05:29:28 pm
      That's a great, solid interview.

Over to you Klopp.. ?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1865: Apr 21, 2017 06:58:27 pm

Over to you Klopp.. ?

No not really.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1866: Apr 21, 2017 07:16:44 pm

Over to you Klopp.. ?

Judging by the story on sky, he's still getting binned!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1867: Apr 21, 2017 07:24:12 pm
      I like mama but he has only himself to blame
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1868: Apr 21, 2017 07:33:20 pm

Yep.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1869: Apr 21, 2017 09:20:35 pm

That's pretty much true of every single person on earth though. Just like Jürgen only has himself to blame for us having too thin a squad.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1870: Apr 21, 2017 10:04:03 pm
      That's pretty much true of every single person on earth though. Just like Jürgen only has himself to blame for us having too thin a squad.

Agree on Jürgen and think he has learned that now, as for mama well the issues that plagued him at PSG seem to have continued at LFC and there has been no sign of him growing up; whatever the gaffer decides is good enough for me.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1871: Apr 21, 2017 10:40:25 pm
      It is bad to use fat burner even if not on the prohibited list right?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1872: Apr 21, 2017 10:47:47 pm
      It is bad to use fat burner even if not on the prohibited list right?

Yeah, especially when you don't notify the medical staff of the club that is paying you millions a year.

His issues go far beyond that, you can go read for yourself all the issues he had at PSG with not only weight but attitude and un-professionalism that goes back to when he first made it into the top level.

Add all that together and mix in last Summer when he was late for meetings, missed a bus, almost missed the flight to the states and then fu**ed around like it didn't matter while playing up to supporters on Instagram and twitter.

If Klopp takes him back then fine, if he bins him then I have no issue whatsoever as it only takes one to ruin a tight group.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1873: Apr 21, 2017 11:32:05 pm

Simple as. As if Klopp would undermine his authority by bringing him back into the squad. That would basically be a green light for any other player to break club rules. I like Sakho and in an ideal world I wish he was still with us but Klopp has high standards and he's not going to lower them by allowing one of his seniors to behave like a complete tw*t.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1874: Apr 21, 2017 11:35:06 pm
      Those who say they don't have an issue seem to me to be 'fine' about it... because of the player. A defender. Not a goal scorer. No striker. No Suarez.

Suarez - of his own free choice - got himself banned from 10 competitive Liverpool games for the most despicable behaviour in biting Ivanovic. Yet, he was heralded continually throughout his career, even to the point of another ridiculously disgraceful self chosen behaviour of biting Chiellini and receiving a 4 month ban! At that point, fans still backed him and looked to his return.

Here we have Sahko, who was wrongly banned by UEFA and did no actual professional wrong, who then in the pre-season committed  3 minor "lack of respect" incidents: 1. Late for plane 2. Missed a training session 3. Late to a meal

On top of that, you could argue that his interuption of a Klopp interview was also a "lack of respect" incident, although practically, it is no biggie to do that, and it's been done before time and again by players in various situations. It was an attempt at humour, though went badly wrong with Klopp's massive disapproval.

On the basis of these 3 or 4 incidents, we have fans who are 'content' for the player to never play for Liverpool again. Really? What is actually worse, biting players and bringing great dishonour to our club, or being late / lazy in a pre-season?

Sure, Suarez is an incredible talent and massively important to our goal scoring... but Sahko is likewise massively important to our defence, and arguably could have saved our season in January/February.

So go on, tell me again just why it is that fans backed Suarez, but are content for Sahko to get klopped? Aren't we lucky that Klopp was not manager during Suarez's time. His Liverpool career would have been very brief!!  :roll:
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1875: Apr 22, 2017 03:29:47 am

Here we have Sahko, who was wrongly banned by UEFA and did no actual professional wrong, who then in the pre-season committed  3 minor "lack of respect" incidents: 1. Late for plane 2. Missed a training session 3. Late to a meal

On the basis of these 3 or 4 incidents, we have fans who are 'content' for the player to never play for Liverpool again. Really? What is actually worse, biting players and bringing great dishonour to our club, or being late / lazy in a pre-season?

Sakho made his debut for the French side when he was just 17, and was captain by 21. However, according to Johnson, his star waned due to a combination of disciplinary issues, strained relationships with coaches and problems with diet, Sakho went from being indispensable to fourth-choice central defender, before departing.

According to Johnson:

"...despite those traits making Sakho a potential world-class defender, the Frenchman has some character flaws that were eventually too severe to overcome in Paris.

"His attitude, a lack of discipline including poor dieting habits and fractious relationships with certain members of staff, particularly in the early days, put his future at the club in jeopardy a long time ago. Many of his coaches were unhappy with his unprofessional demeanour, peaking with a nasty altercation with a journalist regarding his social habits, and PSG actually almost got rid of him as a teenager. However, at that time Sakho focused enough on his football to stay, although he arguably never embraced being a true professional."

He has not regressed, but he has also not evolved into the player that so many predicted that he would become two years ago. That is largely down to his loveable, but at times debilitating immaturity.

"In essence, he needs to grow up. The move to Liverpool could be perfect for that, and if he does then the Reds have some genuine leadership material on their hands."

Been more than 2-3 times this past Summer it's been a problem since he was 17 and it has not changed.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1876: Apr 22, 2017 08:30:08 am
      That is not relevant at all. Suarez was done for biting before he came to Liverpool. Past attitudes and misdemeanours of players...

Klopp has surely had to judge him on his lack of respect during the off season, and looking at the quotes from Klopp that I could find, it seems it is those 3 or 4  incidents. That's all I have seen him mention.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1877: Apr 22, 2017 10:52:54 am
      The obsession with bringing Sakho back into the squad by some is just plain weird IMO.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1878: Apr 22, 2017 02:39:41 pm
      The obsession with bringing Sakho back into the squad by some is just plain weird IMO.

Not really, people want good players to play for our club, he's a good player and already is contracted to the club so it just makes sense for Klopp to put the past in the past and see if he can man manage a player that would improve our team. One we don't have to pay for.

But I concede that he's obviously pissed Klopp off to the point that Jürgen no longer wants to deal with him so I hope we at least bleed another club for him.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1879: Apr 22, 2017 02:49:45 pm
      That is not relevant at all. Suarez was done for biting before he came to Liverpool. Past attitudes and misdemeanours of players...

Klopp has surely had to judge him on his lack of respect during the off season, and looking at the quotes from Klopp that I could find, it seems it is those 3 or 4  incidents. That's all I have seen him mention.

Of course it is relevant,  their isn't any malice in mama but if you continue to do these things then there will be consequences
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1880: Apr 22, 2017 03:36:30 pm
      Those who say they don't have an issue seem to me to be 'fine' about it... because of the player. A defender. Not a goal scorer. No striker. No Suarez.

Suarez - of his own free choice - got himself banned from 10 competitive Liverpool games for the most despicable behaviour in biting Ivanovic. Yet, he was heralded continually throughout his career, even to the point of another ridiculously disgraceful self chosen behaviour of biting Chiellini and receiving a 4 month ban! At that point, fans still backed him and looked to his return.

On top of that, you could argue that his interuption of a Klopp interview was also a "lack of respect" incident, although practically, it is no biggie to do that, and it's been done before time and again by players in various situations. It was an attempt at humour, though went badly wrong with Klopp's massive disapproval.

Sure, Suarez is an incredible talent and massively important to our goal scoring... but Sahko is likewise massively important to our defence, and arguably could have saved our season in January/February.

So go on, tell me again just why it is that fans backed Suarez, but are content for Sahko to get klopped? Aren't we lucky that Klopp was not manager during Suarez's time. His Liverpool career would have been very brief!!  :roll:

Yeah but you hate Suarez for making a world-class save in the 2010 world cup  ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1881: Apr 23, 2017 06:26:25 pm
      c**t.

That's all i came here to say.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1882: Apr 23, 2017 06:27:34 pm
      I've defended him but F**k that...

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1883: Apr 23, 2017 06:28:52 pm
      I've defended him but f**k that...

What prompted this? 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1884: Apr 23, 2017 06:30:16 pm
      I've defended him but F**k that...

Same.

Dead in my books. He can enjoy the rest of his career knowing he pissed away careers at PSG and Liverpool to end up at Palace playing for Sam Allardyce.

And get a new haircut you fuckwit.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1885: Apr 23, 2017 06:54:03 pm
      Sums up his intelligence, first with behind the scene drama with Klopp, then that instagram fiasco, then his interview of him being "innocent", now this "handshake". A spoiled footballer, he is.

Quick Reply