Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Victor Moses (Chelsea/Stoke)

Read 55403 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Re: Victor Moses Player Thread
      Reply #414: Apr 24, 2014 02:30:52 pm
      It's well documented.

And you're very boring.

bye.

Oh I know it is documented. You unfortunately failed to read it. I just thought I'd give you opportunity to back up your claim that Rodgers said he was "awful".

Living in the past though eh? Moses has improved since that time anyway. Not that you would notice.

Go on RAWK, and you'll see reasonable people have acknowledged that fact.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #415: Apr 24, 2014 02:37:23 pm
      Oh I know it is documented. You unfortunately failed to read it. I just thought I'd give you opportunity to back up your claim that Rodgers said he was "awful".

Living in the past though eh? Moses has improved since that time anyway. Not that you would notice.

Go on RAWK, and you'll see reasonable people have acknowledged that fact.

Bullshit.

The only time I go on RAWK is when I want to laugh at the pretentious tw*ts who are so far up their own arseholes, they can lick their own back teeth.

Moses hasn't "improved", he's regressed since he came here, probably because after he thought he'd "made it" by getting a transfer to a bigger club, he was sent out on loan and thinks he is too good for that.

He offers very little, he constantly bottles out of challenges, can't pick a pass, rarely beats his man and his decision making is woeful.
      But yeah, apart from that he's been good.

Now F**k off with your bullshit, and go find some pics of victor to knock one out over.

He had his opportunity here, and he fu**ed it up.

You'll rarely see me slating one of our players, but I'll make an exception for this gutless big head every time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #416: Apr 24, 2014 02:37:30 pm
      That argument fails a bit doesn't it.. clue: Alberto.  ;)

Didn't really have a need for a midfielder with Henderson, Coutinho, Allen and Gerrard, Alberto is basically cover until he develops.

We did have a need for a wider attacking player (i.e. Moses) and yet BR went with the 19 year old early on after giving Moses chances to impress and he didn't.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #417: Apr 24, 2014 02:39:42 pm

Really?

I'd almost forgot he still played for us.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #418: Apr 24, 2014 02:39:47 pm
      Didn't really have a need for a midfielder with Henderson, Coutinho, Allen and Gerrard, Alberto is basically cover until he develops.

We did have a need for a wider attacking player (i.e. Moses) and yet BR went with the 19 year old early on after giving Moses chances to impress and he didn't.

If he even looked like he was trying, that at least would be something, but like Cissokho he bottles challenges all the time.

I can forgive a lot of things, but a lack of balls is not one of them.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #419: Apr 24, 2014 02:48:57 pm

The only time I go on RAWK is when I want to laugh at the pretentious tw*ts who are so far up their own arseholes, they can lick their own back teeth.

No point in discussing LFC with a fan who has that attitude about other LFC fans.

Shocking that.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #420: Apr 24, 2014 02:54:22 pm
      No point in discussing LFC with a fan who has that attitude about other LFC fans.

Shocking that.

Is it?

When I see a c**t, I call it a c**t no matter what team said c**t supports.

I've rarely come across a more precious bunch of obnoxious tw*ts than I've seen on RAWK.
      These are the people who ban others for not agreeing with their every utterance, and you've got the F***ing nerve to talk about respecting other fans?

Jog the F**k on fella.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #421: Apr 24, 2014 03:59:54 pm
      RAWK reminds me of communism during the 50's and 60's, either you toe the party line or you "disappear". Never posted there.... never wanted to.

As for Moses I don't think he will be missed as we need better backup and Chelsea probably won't want him as they already have better.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #422: Apr 24, 2014 04:17:45 pm
      So can someone confirm if he is entitled to a winners' medal if we win the league? I can't take the fact that he will be receiving a much coveted honor having done so little.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #423: Apr 24, 2014 04:28:23 pm
      So can someone confirm if he is entitled to a winners' medal if we win the league? I can't take the fact that he will be receiving a much coveted honor having done so little.

Apparently it is now up to the manager to decide who gets a medal, but even under the old rules he would be entitled to one as he has made 18 league appearances this season.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #424: Apr 24, 2014 04:47:32 pm
      Fair to the lad , that was a good interview regarding LIVERPOOL, the club-fans and city ,even if he did not play as much as he wanted( or chelski wanted him to)

YNWA
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #425: Apr 24, 2014 04:51:17 pm
      “When I first came here, I knew that Liverpool were going to win the league,” he says. “Honest!

“Even when I spoke to the press, I said that we would win it. Just from seeing the way everyone trained, that first training session, and the games that I played in early on, I could see the quality that we have here.

“There is huge talent at this club, and I knew that this team could go far. We are in a position now where if we win the rest of our games, we will win the Premier League. That’s not a bad position to be in, is it?”

“I will train this week as normal. My job is just to make sure I stay fit, because we have other big games coming up, which I want to be involved in. I just have to work hard and to help the team as best I can.

“I still speak to a few of the lads at Chelsea and keep in touch with how they are doing, and they ask me how I am getting on up here as well. I have a lot of friends there.

“I speak to Jose Mourinho too, every now and then. He asks how I am doing. I will be watching on Sunday, definitely!”

Moses describes himself as “a Chelsea player, doing a professional job for Liverpool”, and says he has “genuinely enjoyed every minute” of his time at Anfield.

“Everyone is involved,” Moses says. “Whether they are playing or not.

“I know I haven’t played a lot of games, and there are a few others in the same position, but the most important thing we can do is to show our support to the players who are playing.

“What I want is what is best for the club. As long as the club is doing well, I am alright, and obviously I am really pleased with where the club is at at the moment!

“I love the club. It’s a massive club with amazing history, and I have enjoyed every single minute of being at Liverpool.

“The staff, the players, everyone is really friendly, and it is like a family club in that respect. That’s important for me.”

“When I first came to Liverpool, all everyone talked about was the fans, and they have been amazing. Wherever you go, you feel the passion of the supporters, which is great for us players.

“I’ve been amazed at the sheer level of support, the amount of fans and the passion that they have for their team. They’ve made it a very enjoyable time for me.”

“It won’t be easy,” he says. “But we have enough players who can win games.

“For me, I just want to play as much as I can, and help the team as much as possible. My job is to score and create goals, but also to track back and do the defensive side as well.

“The manager has been key in where the club has got to this season. He keeps everyone fit and focused. Everyone is on their game, week in, week out, and all we are thinking about is making sure we get those three points every week.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/victor-moses-knew-liverpool-fc-7026089

Respect!

Let the haters hate, but that is a top interview from Moses.

Yet some people pretend he has a bad attitude..  :roll:

Talk is cheap and means absolutely zero unless the implied passion is displayed on the pitch.
      I've defended some poor LFC players in the past because they've worked hard and that's all we can ask, if they're simply not talented enough then it's the staff who have made the wrong call in bringing them in.
      Victor has displayed no such desire to work for the team. In terms of skill-level, he's not a bad player and I welcomed his arrival, thinking that the coaching staff would be able to get the best out of him but he seems to be on a different page to most of the squad. We see passion and desire from a free-flowing, attacking team who look desperate to get the ball over the line and then Victor comes on and goes through the motions.
      He TALKS about doing a professional job but he doesn't exactly look committed to the cause. Oh and I do watch every single LFC game so yes, I've seen enough of Moses and I'm not "looking for negatives". I wanted him to succeed as that would benefit us and he probably would gave won a contract, Mourinho won't want him.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #426: Apr 24, 2014 05:02:14 pm
      Talk is cheap and means absolutely zero unless the implied passion is displayed on the pitch.
      I've defended some poor LFC players in the past because they've worked hard and that's all we can ask, if they're simply not talented enough then it's the staff who have made the wrong call in bringing them in.
      Victor has displayed no such desire to work for the team. In terms of skill-level, he's not a bad player and I welcomed his arrival, thinking that the coaching staff would be able to get the best out of him but he seems to be on a different page to most of the squad. We see passion and desire from a free-flowing, attacking team who look desperate to get the ball over the line and then Victor comes on and goes through the motions.
      He TALKS about doing a professional job but he doesn't exactly look committed to the cause. Oh and I do watch every single LFC game so yes, I've seen enough of Moses and I'm not "looking for negatives". I wanted him to succeed as that would benefit us and he probably would gave won a contract, Mourinho won't want him.

I'm sure you've seen many players over the years who simply weren't good enough, BUT the fans warming to them because they never stopped trying.
      Perhaps more than any other fans, ours appreciate someone who works hard and tries hard, even if they aren't particularly good players.

This isn't something I've seen from moses.
      All he has shown in my opinion is a lack of balls and application.

I wish him well with the rest of his career, but I wish we'd seen more from him.
      There's no doubt he has some talent, he just doesn't seem to be arsed about using it.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #427: Apr 24, 2014 07:40:25 pm
      There's no doubt he has some talent, he just doesn't seem to be arsed about using it.

It seems like his playing style is just very nonchalant but it comes off as being lazy.  It can be effective as sometimes he is able to lure defenders in and then beat them off the dribble with a quick burst into space, but his end product just isn't at a level required for a top club.  He reminds me of Taraabt -- has moments of brilliance, but they are too infrequent to justify regular playing time at a top club. 
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #428: Apr 30, 2014 12:14:38 pm
      “When I first came here, I knew that Liverpool were going to win the league,” he says. “Honest!

“Even when I spoke to the press, I said that we would win it. Just from seeing the way everyone trained, that first training session, and the games that I played in early on, I could see the quality that we have here.

“There is huge talent at this club, and I knew that this team could go far. We are in a position now where if we win the rest of our games, we will win the Premier League. That’s not a bad position to be in, is it?”

“I will train this week as normal. My job is just to make sure I stay fit, because we have other big games coming up, which I want to be involved in. I just have to work hard and to help the team as best I can.

“I still speak to a few of the lads at Chelsea and keep in touch with how they are doing, and they ask me how I am getting on up here as well. I have a lot of friends there.

“I speak to Jose Mourinho too, every now and then. He asks how I am doing. I will be watching on Sunday, definitely!”

Moses describes himself as “a Chelsea player, doing a professional job for Liverpool”, and says he has “genuinely enjoyed every minute” of his time at Anfield.

“Everyone is involved,” Moses says. “Whether they are playing or not.

“I know I haven’t played a lot of games, and there are a few others in the same position, but the most important thing we can do is to show our support to the players who are playing.

“What I want is what is best for the club. As long as the club is doing well, I am alright, and obviously I am really pleased with where the club is at at the moment!

“I love the club. It’s a massive club with amazing history, and I have enjoyed every single minute of being at Liverpool.

“The staff, the players, everyone is really friendly, and it is like a family club in that respect. That’s important for me.”

“When I first came to Liverpool, all everyone talked about was the fans, and they have been amazing. Wherever you go, you feel the passion of the supporters, which is great for us players.

“I’ve been amazed at the sheer level of support, the amount of fans and the passion that they have for their team. They’ve made it a very enjoyable time for me.”

“It won’t be easy,” he says. “But we have enough players who can win games.

“For me, I just want to play as much as I can, and help the team as much as possible. My job is to score and create goals, but also to track back and do the defensive side as well.

“The manager has been key in where the club has got to this season. He keeps everyone fit and focused. Everyone is on their game, week in, week out, and all we are thinking about is making sure we get those three points every week.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/victor-moses-knew-liverpool-fc-7026089

Respect!

Let the haters hate, but that is a top interview from Moses.

Yet some people pretend he has a bad attitude..  :roll:

You know what this is the first time I've seen this... It had past me by until now

What a pr**k

So he's here all season putting in less effort than me F***ing (bless her) dead nan and he choses this week to speak out?
      F**k off lad, you have been a waste of time, effort and wages.. I'd F**k him off by to Chelsea now..
      He's obviously got a bee in his bonnet about not playing, he admits talking to Mourinho, and I'm sure Mourinho hasn't been getting bits off him

Strange timing.

pr**k.. F**k off..

Probably one of the worst signings we have made in a long time
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #429: Apr 30, 2014 12:30:55 pm
      You know what this is the first time I've seen this... It had past me by until now

What a pr**k

So he's here all season putting in less effort than me F***ing (bless her) dead nan and he choses this week to speak out?
      F**k off lad, you have been a waste of time, effort and wages.. I'd F**k him off by to Chelsea now..
      He's obviously got a bee in his bonnet about not playing, he admits talking to Mourinho, and I'm sure Mourinho hasn't been getting bits off him

Strange timing.

pr**k.. F**k off..

The thing is, if he put in the effort, he could be a half decent player, plus as I've said before, how many sh*te players have we had that the fans loved (or at least cut some slack) because they always put in 100%

Liverpool fans have always got behind players who give their all, but when a player is seen as not being arsed they turn pretty quickly.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #430: Apr 30, 2014 12:35:00 pm
      The thing is, if he put in the effort, he could be a half decent player, plus as I've said before, how many sh*te players have we had that the fans loved (or at least cut some slack) because they always put in 100%

Liverpool fans have always got behind players who give their all, but when a player is seen as not being arsed they turn pretty quickly.

I said after I saw his debut against Swansea that even though he got a goal his work going the other way drove me mad.
      I was happy to put that down to not much pre season and only signing at the end of August but he had never put it in.

My issue with this interview is the timing. Very poor.

Get yourself off lad and go now
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #431: Apr 30, 2014 12:49:03 pm

What a pr**k

So he's here all season putting in less effort than me f**king (bless her) dead nan and he choses this week to speak out?
      F**k off lad, you have been a waste of time, effort and wages.. I'd f**k him off by to Chelsea now..

Strange timing.

P**ck.. F**k off..

You're right. He's been speaking to his employer! Shock!!

:laugh:

Give him the boot now! How could he do that?!?!! Hope he's not allowed to train with the squad :mad:

And as for speaking about his love for the fans..  :f_steam:  :f_doh:
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #432: Apr 30, 2014 12:55:11 pm
      You're right. He's been speaking to his employer! Shock!!

:laugh:

Give him the boot now! How could he do that?!?!! Hope he's not allowed to train with the squad :mad:

And as for speaking about his love for the fans..  :f_steam:  :f_doh:

He has done zero to get the type of support you show him, but you are entitled to do so.
      I have no interest in getting into a debate with you about Moses, I only really wanted to quote the interview, not yourself.

DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #433: Apr 30, 2014 12:57:09 pm
      Fair enough.  :gt-happyup:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #434: Apr 30, 2014 01:09:10 pm
      ...he admits talking to Mourinho, and I'm sure Mourinho hasn't been getting bits off him

Strange timing.

pr**k.. F**k off..

I admit he's not exactly set the world alight but it's a been extreme you having a paddy about him speaking to the manager at his parent club isn't it? Suso does the exact same with Brendan and I'm sure Ilori, Wisdom, etc. do as well.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #435: Apr 30, 2014 01:15:19 pm
      I admit he's not exactly set the world alight but it's a been extreme you having a paddy about him speaking to the manager at his parent club isn't it? Suso does the exact same with Brendan and I'm sure Ilori, Wisdom, etc. do as well.

Are they direct rivals?

Do you not imagine that Jose hasn't been getting tit bits from him? Either directly or slyly?

My main annoyance about it is that we haven't heard a peep from him all year yet the week of the game he talks.

Brendan even hinted recently he hasn't done enough.

It's not that I didn't expect him to talk to Chelsea players, we all talk to our friends.. It's more how and when it's come out

Take away the interview he has been a waste of space anyway

Looking back at the thread over the past couple of pages as well DanMann is probably onto something with not liking loans.. I don't at all at our level for deals like this and Moses and how it's gone completely vindicates that thought process for me
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #436: Apr 30, 2014 01:47:37 pm
      Waste of a transfer this guy.

I wasn't fussed at the time and haven't changed my mind.

Quick Reply