Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Victor Moses (Chelsea/Stoke)

Read 55864 times
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Re: Victor Moses Player Thread
      Reply #46: Sep 16, 2013 11:02:32 pm
      Excellent in the first half, was a constant threat to Rangel but, much like Sturridge his match fitness is lacking and it showed in the second half. Will be a very good acquisition this season and even more so when he gets his full fitness back.

Well taken goal too, even better run to open the defence to create the chance by Sturridge.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #47: Sep 16, 2013 11:55:04 pm
      Was a good goal, the cross for Sturridge after he beat two was also excellent.

Run he made when Sturridge had the ball was naive though but he'll sort that in time and training, one thing he has to do though is track back more. So while I liked some of what I saw still plenty to work on, probably the reason he got his collar felt too, we were under the cosh and that's when you can't afford to have lazy players on the pitch.
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #48: Sep 17, 2013 12:39:27 am
      Good debut, has pace to burn, didn't know he was that fast tbh (unless Rangel was really slow). Definitely offers another option for us, and he took his goal well. He's a good option to have because I think he's a winger that can play on either flank, who will chip in with some goals too.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #49: Sep 17, 2013 08:25:11 am
      Congrats on your first Liverpool goal, Moses. May there be many more to come.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #50: Sep 18, 2013 03:45:02 am
      Great start by Moses last night. Kind of faded a bit, but I liked what I saw from him. Good goal of course too, but I loved that cross he played for Sturridge.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #51: Oct 06, 2013 11:41:26 am
      Played well yesterday but he really should have scored two. He's starting to grow into the number 10 role though.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #52: Oct 06, 2013 10:50:41 pm
      I don't think he is a number 10, not for a minute BUT he did play well yesterday, saw lots of the ball and used it well. Deffo his best performance in a red shirt to date. Am looking forward to Coutinho getting back so that we can see Moses cutting in off of that left side which is where he will be most effective i think.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #53: Oct 20, 2013 04:26:53 pm
      I'm sorry to say but I really don't rate this guy so far. He's too slow to get the ball out of his feet, too slow with the ball to be used in a swift attacking form of play and while he can pull off the odd moment of excellence he also pulls off moments of sheer dim wit. It's a real shame his physical pace can't match the pace in his head otherwise he'd be excellent. He seems too naive at times and has a lot to learn.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #54: Oct 20, 2013 04:39:38 pm
      A bit harsh on Moses all this criticism, BR basically asking him to play a game that is not natural to him, play him on the wing and we might see the best of him.
      BR has a habit of doing this, probably believes he can make wine out of water....!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #55: Oct 20, 2013 04:47:34 pm
      he was not that bad yesterday, he has very good dribbling skills and playing him as AM with 2 CMs unable to tackle(Hendo and Gerrard) was a mistake. Had Allen or Lucas been playing he would have played much better. He can do a decent job as AM and COutinho could have done better as AM yesterday but it was not easy with such a weak midfield behind him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #56: Oct 20, 2013 04:49:38 pm
      A bit harsh on Moses all this criticism, BR basically asking him to play a game that is not natural to him, play him on the wing and we might see the best of him.
      BR has a habit of doing this, probably believes he can make wine out of water....!

We have seen him on the wing and he isn't that good.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #57: Oct 20, 2013 05:12:24 pm

Fair enough but we don't seem to have anyone better at the moment unless Raheem is to go back to the left wing. Again another case of BR tinkering, why is he Raheem suddenly bring asked to play on the right? and a RWB at that as well. Sometimes our Gaffer baffles me to say the least.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #58: Oct 20, 2013 05:18:50 pm
      While he's been played out of position, we've seen enough to get an impression of what type of player he is.

I wouldn't be in favour of paying any decent fee for him, a few million if we're desperate for better bench options but only if we're desperate. Imagine his wage demands are pretty steep too.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #59: Oct 20, 2013 07:42:54 pm
      While he's been played out of position, we've seen enough to get an impression of what type of player he is.

I wouldn't be in favour of paying any decent fee for him, a few million if we're desperate for better bench options but only if we're desperate. Imagine his wage demands are pretty steep too.

I see your point Luke.

I'd much rather we played a player we own in Alberto who can play the position Victor is being asked to play and try and develop him.

Brendan makes some strange decisions at times.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #60: Oct 20, 2013 08:47:15 pm

For about 1 game for a sufficient amount of time; his debut....he scored a good goal.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #61: Oct 20, 2013 09:12:10 pm
      For about 1 game for a sufficient amount of time; his debut....he scored a good goal.

He may have scored but I wasn't totally impressed. Was a 7/10 performance for me that one.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #62: Oct 20, 2013 09:33:40 pm
      He may have scored but I wasn't totally impressed. Was a 7/10 performance for me that one.

Considering how bad we were that game in a game Swansea made incredibly difficult for us, he done well for his first game.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #63: Oct 20, 2013 10:21:16 pm
      His vision annoys me. When he runs at goal he often gets stuck for options and gives it away or too slow to find a run of Suarez or Sturridge.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #64: Oct 28, 2013 10:31:17 am
      Depending on the fee and his wages i can see BR making the move a perminant deal, Ibe is still learning and so is Sterling. having him at the club with push them two to really knuckle down and try and force him out the side which in turn improves the team. Chelsea wont keep him as he's nota big name with high wages and Mourino is a bellend and will prob sell to us on the cheap
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #65: Nov 30, 2013 04:36:31 pm
      I'm only dipping in and out of the news, but looks like Sturridge might be out for a number of weeks. If that's the case, it's bad news in general ... but an injury does mean an opportunity for someone else, and I'd go for Moses, ahead of say Allen, Alberto, Aspas etc
      Think Moses has potential, he's quick, strong and has an eye for goal. Would agree with BR that he hasn't done enough to force his way in ahead of S&S&Cout, but think that a) his form is better than the other bench warmers and b) he could slot in for Sturridge more seamlessly than them (inclusion of others might need a bit of a reshuffle).
      At least this year we have better options - and we need them to take their chance if we want to keep our good run going.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #66: Dec 01, 2013 01:03:38 am
      He has done the talking let him now walk the walk.  He doesn't need to get the 20 goals this season just take responsibility til Sturridge returns and he won't too far from a deal.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #67: Dec 01, 2013 04:08:59 pm
      He isn't good enough
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #68: Dec 01, 2013 04:49:34 pm
      His ultimate employer is Chelsea. Helped them get to second at the end of the match. Job done.

Quick Reply