Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

What are your favorite clubs in other leagues?

Read 37910 times
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: What are your favorite clubs in other leagues?
      Reply #23: Sep 12, 2013 08:03:37 pm
      Good one. Thought you were more of a youth scout.

Have been since I started in the behind the scenes but this is me first crack at coaching
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #24: Sep 13, 2013 01:22:36 am
      SPL:  Celtic
      La Liga: Barca- Mostly because of Messi. Watching him play is like watching perfection.

Serie A: I dont watch Serie A because I dont trust it. Too much scandal, too many clubs getting busted for rigging matches, players bribed, refs bribed....etc.

Ligue 1: PSG.  I like Ibra.

Bundesliga:  Bayern.  I like Robben. A lot of people hate him but he is a machine on the field, he is so determined and one of the best in the world, imo.  I also like their stadium. Allianz is very cool.

I will say I love Spain. On an International level, what they have done over the last 6 years is amazing. WC winners and 2 European Championships. They were just so dominant. They are the best, all around Football club I have ever seen play.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #25: Sep 13, 2013 03:05:54 am
      Soft spot for AC Milan and Celtic for the class act by their fans in 89

And obviously Barca.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #26: Sep 13, 2013 09:43:16 pm
      Was fascinated by Madrid in the late 90's and early 2000's, they were just so glamourous. Now I can't really stand them and lost all interest after my favourite player Zidane retired!
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #27: Sep 14, 2013 02:22:54 pm
      As the title says - what are your favourite teams in the following leagues:

Serie A
      La Liga
      Ligue1
      German league
      Scottish PL

:)

Fiorentina
      Real Madrid
      Monaco
      Bayern
      Celtic

Wacker Innsbruck from Austria!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #28: Sep 14, 2013 03:30:37 pm
      Never been a fan of other country's football unless we we're playing them in Europe !
      My 'other' teams in the uk are;
      Barnsley (my local side whilst growning up)
      Coventry (nearest top flight team to my place of birth)
      Exeter City (Wifes/boss's team)

Putting the boot on the other foot,my most hated teams have always been The Mancs and Leeds (from the 70's when they we're are closest rivals !)
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #29: Sep 19, 2013 02:07:57 pm
      spain - I love what Barca have done, especially to UTD but I support Valencia.

Germany - Dortmund (last couple of seasons) and Locomotiv Leipzig (the name and East German)

Poland - Gornik Zabrze (First polish team I ever saw)

Italy - Napoli (Maradona and now Rafa)

France (Nantes - first French team I saw when Burrachaga played for them).

Holland - Ajax (brilliant)

Ukraine - Dynamo Kiev ( Russian 86 national team )

Russia - Torpedo Moscow ( Torpedo )

Hungary - Honved (Puscas)

Scotland - Dundee Utd (The orange strip)
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #30: Oct 30, 2013 09:50:40 am
      Dortmund because there fans are probably at the moment providing the best atmosphere in the world!!

Not a fan of either of the spanish clubs at the moment

ozk
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #31: Oct 30, 2013 11:29:47 pm
      Serie A: Fiorentina, because of Edmundo and I think Florence is a beautiful city!
      La Liga: none
      Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund, really fun to watch and their supporters are awesome.
      Ligue 1: don't watch it
      SPL: don't watch it.
      Anker Rose Skov
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #32: Nov 15, 2013 10:48:21 am
      Serie A - Juventus
      La Liga - Real Madrid
      Ligue1 - (what is that)
      German league - Shalke 04, Bayern Munich
      Scottish PL - none
      Danish League - Aab - (Aalborg BK) 2-2 away against United 2008-2009 champions league.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #33: Nov 24, 2013 05:03:26 pm
      Serie A - Inter Milan - Always had a soft spot for Inter, brilliant club and history!

La Liga - Barcelona - Barca fans always seemed to like LFC and our fans especially in the 06 Champions League when they were drinking in The Cavern singing The Beatles songs and chanting Liverpool at the match. Great supporters, and a brilliant team aswell. Messi is just unbelievable.

Ligue1 - PSG - Love Paris as a city! Hopefully I will live their one day, always like PSG not a "gloryhunter" by the way just think it's a fantastic club, they have a great squad, great supporters and also a great history. Always followed PSG see how they are getting on, hopefully they lift the Ligue1 this season!

German league - Borussia Mönchengladbach - Easily my second favourite club behind Liverpool! The European cup final back in 1977 will always be a classic and will be in our history forever! The gesture they made for the Hillsborough charity and families will stay with me forever also and donating 21000 Deutsch Marks for the Hillsborough families will never be forgotten on Merseyside. The Gladbach supporters also make a trip to Anfield every year and Liverpool supporters also go to Gladbach to visit. Liverpool & Gladbach will always have a special relationship and friendship and I cannot thank them for their support for Hillsborough. Favourite club in Germany, hopefully they win the league this season or qualify for Europe so we can have our European games with them.

Scottish PL - Celtic - My roots! My heritage! My dad bought me a Celtic kit when I was younger because we are from Irish Catholic heritage so as a kid I always said I supported 2 teams, Liverpool & Celtic. I also had a half and half Liverpool & Celtic hat I wore to games and a scarf.
      « Last Edit: Nov 24, 2013 05:20:18 pm by Odd Job »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #34: Nov 28, 2013 07:16:29 am
      Serie A - Napoli for Rafa and Udinese for Di Natale and I'm a fan of Guidolin who is crazy.

La Liga - Atletico Madrid. Don't like the top two and Atletico have a habit for producing quality players. Plus I like Diego Simeone. 

Germany - No one really just like watching the league. Probably Leverkusen for Sami.

France - Barely watch it but look out for Nice's results for Red5man.

Aussie A league - Wanderers!

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #35: Dec 12, 2013 07:53:04 pm
      IF I had to pick I'd say:

Serie A- Napoli
      La Liga- Barcelona
      Ligue1 - PSG
      German league - Dortmund
      Scottish PL - Celtic
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #36: Dec 12, 2013 10:34:53 pm
      Italy - Napoli - Rafa and Maradona - my two favourites.
      La Liga - Valencia.
      Germany - Dortmund (they have won me over).
      SPL - Partick Thistle
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #37: Dec 13, 2013 09:26:58 am
      Serie A- Roma or AC Milan
      La Liga- Athletico Madrid
      Bundesliga- Borussia Dortmund
      Ligue 1- St Ettiene
      SPL- Sh*te all.

Irish Premier League- Glentoran.  ???
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #38: Dec 14, 2013 11:12:10 am
      I can't say I actively follow even the results of any team outside of England apart from Irish Premier League - Portadown F.C. but, for the fun of it,I'll play along.

Serie A - Inter

La Liga - Barca

Eredivisie - Ajax

Ligue1 - Saint Etienne

Bundesliga - Borussia Monchengladbach

Scottish PL - none, no time for the bitter antics of any of the ugly sisters in poor competition.
      « Last Edit: Dec 15, 2013 10:56:44 am by bad boy bubby »
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39: Dec 14, 2013 11:14:37 am
      La Liga- Barcelona
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #40: Dec 14, 2013 03:09:54 pm
      I have a tendency to taking sides at every sporting contest I watch, so I naturally pick clubs to "support" everywhere, but it doesn't mean I actually have any sentiments towards them - often the choice is made for peculiar reasons (like a beautiful uniform, a specific player, and so on) and they change over time.

In Spain, I say I like Deportivo La Coruña cause a part of my family comes from Galicia. In truth, I hardly ever watch them... I much prefer watching Barcelona (in the late 90s and early 00s, I loved watching Real Madrid).

In Italy, I've changed sides a few times. Right now my favorite side is Napoli because Rafa is there.

In Germany, I always preferred Schalke for some reason, but I also quite like Dortmund, even though they're bitter rivals and hate each other :D

My favorite Scottish side is Hibernian. The Celtic/Rangers divide is boring - Hibs offer a more likeable alternative.

Not a big follower of French football, don't think I've picked any sides there. Never liked Lyon though.

I like Feyenoord in Holland, mostly due to Dirk Kuyt. I also got their shirt which I think is awesome.

Very well put.

Liverpool are the only club that can bother me and affect my mood and day. I've had a few allegiances over the years though.

France: I liked Marseille a bit because Chris Waddle went there back when it was a lot more rare for English players to go abroad and I liked their white and light blue kit. When Gerard Houllier took over at Lyon though I swapped allegiances and dropped Marseille without a second thought. If they got back to the top now though I'd swap back and probably tell everybody that I've followed them since the Waddle days.

Italy: The first allegiance I had was with Juventus and was all started by Ian Rush going there and then enhanced once the 1990 World Cup had finished and this player that I had been mesmerized by, Roberto Baggio, was a Juventus player. Then there was Zinedine Zidane but by that time I knew about the respect shown by Baggio to Fiorentina where Juventus had signed him from. It was from learning that that then made me look and take more notice of Gabriel Batistuta. I then liked Fiorentina because of him and his reluctance to leave them in the hope of landing them a Scudetto in spite of the many, many offers from the World's elite football clubs, the statue that the supporters had erected behind the goal and the nickname 'Batigol'. He is still for me the best striker there has ever been. In my lifetime anyway. Then, in 2002, I had an excellent Summer on Championship Manager with Roma and my star player on that and in real life up until he retired was Francesco Totti who was awesome and they'd only gone and signed Batistuta from Fiorentina and then won a Serie A title a year or two before. I was a Roma 'fan' for years. Nowadays, whilst taking those three allegiances into account and the legends that I have loved at all three clubs, its a tough decision but it's only natural that I'm a Napoli man now isn't it? 'Johnny Come Lately' since Rafa went there? Of course not! Loved them ever since Maradona was there ;)

Spain: I was a Real Sociedad man because of John Aldridge back in the day and didn't he do well there? 40 in 75 apparently. Since then I've admired Barcelona but liked Real Madrid more because of Macmanaman, Owen and Alonso for the Liverpool connection and the whole Galactico thing with Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo (old one) and Roberto Carlos. Nowadays I'm not fussed and just try to enjoy any football that I see from La Liga but I think I could go totally bandit on Real and start liking Atletico Madrid but they'll need to win something before they get my 'support'.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #41: Dec 16, 2013 06:39:52 am
      I can't say I actively follow even the results of any team outside of England apart from Irish Premier League - Portadown F.C. but, for the fun of it,I'll play along.

Who are they? Any good? Probably not.

;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #42: Dec 16, 2013 09:51:45 am
      Who are they? Any good? Probably not.
      Not a team for glory hunting Belfast spides Semps.

Think of them as the Norn Irish LFC... Glentoran = (NI) Man U; Linfield = (NI) Chelsea; Crusaders = (NI) Stoke and Cliftonville = (NI) Rangers.  :laugh:
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #43: Dec 16, 2013 01:16:39 pm
      Not a team for glory hunting Belfast spides Semps.

Think of them as the Norn Irish LFC... Glentoran = (NI) Man U; Linfield = (NI) Chelsea; Crusaders = (NI) Stoke and Cliftonville = (NI) Rangers.  :laugh:

I know I said I liked the Glens, but not all that arsed. As for them being an NI Man U, give your head a wobble.

:D
      rayniac
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #44: May 22, 2014 02:02:49 pm
      gotta love Barca!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #45: May 22, 2014 03:32:10 pm

Just noticed this Mouse.

I'm sure the reds following will appreciate this. ;D

Quick Reply