Trending Topics

Walk On - The Story of You'll Never Walk Alone

Read 4434 times
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Aug 23, 2013 08:25:24 am
      Walk On - The story of You'll Never Walk Alone - Official Trailer

The story of one song and its extraordinary power - from post war Broadway to LFC's famous Kop. Show-tune - Hit - Anthem - Prayer. YNWA

This moving, passionate documentary chronicles the journey and extraordinary power of one song - Rodgers & Hammerstein's classic 'You'll Never Walk Alone', a song that started its life as a Broadway show-tune, but through its adoption by Liverpool Football Club's famous Kop would grow to become the song for any crowd, movement or cause.

We tell the story of how the crowd at Anfield took the song to its heart and in doing so transformed the sound of football, signalling the start of a new terrace culture.

On the 50th anniversary of Gerry and the Pacemakers' version of the song reaching number one, and in the same year that Bill Shankly would have marked his 100th birthday, Tabacula Films have produced a documentary charting the history of why Liverpool fans picked this song as their anthem and how the song has now spread the world over, sung in both defeat and victory.

Presented by Kelly Cates, the film features Liverpool legends Kenny Dalglish, Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Ian St John, plus many others.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1330657483/walk-on-the-story-of-youll-never-walk-alone
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Walk On - The Story of You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1: Aug 23, 2013 09:20:02 am
      You'll Never Walk Alone,Anfield and Liverpool Football Club are the envy of every other football club worldwide.I think back to the days on the old KOP prior to Gerry Marsden making this song a hitand our way of cheering the REDS on was clap,clap clap Liverpool.Thanks for your post Kate,well done. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      Reply #2: Aug 23, 2013 09:39:11 am
      Cheers Billy, I came across the trailer yesterday and I loved the idea these guys have, it's great to tell the story of how this song became our anthem, I know I was amazed few years ago when I found out it was actually originating from a musical. I am very proud of it as a Red and I think it's great that things like this are made.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #3: Aug 23, 2013 01:46:48 pm
      Fantastic! Can't wait to see this film.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4: Aug 23, 2013 08:05:37 pm
      Cheers Billy, I came across the trailer yesterday and I loved the idea these guys have, it's great to tell the story of how this song became our anthem, I know I was amazed few years ago when I found out it was actually originating from a musical. I am very proud of it as a Red and I think it's great that things like this are made.
      how appropriate now as we continually walk through the storm in one way or another.
      igor zidane
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 13 
      Reply #5: Aug 23, 2013 10:17:53 pm
      The lad who produced it comes through my station . Said they got knocked back by sky to show it as according to sky LFC weren't big enough anymore . Bollox to that . Put your name down on there website to reserve or if you can .
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6: Aug 23, 2013 10:59:41 pm
       Kate I might of led you astray a little bit,the first song that was sung by the Kop and the Anfield  crowd was when we signed Ian StJohn and it was When The Saints Go marching In.The clap,clap,clap Liverpool was prior to this.Sorry if I misinformed you :kop5cf8koxp6:.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #7: Aug 24, 2013 08:13:43 pm
      Isn't there another team that uses this song as it's anthem? Besides Celtic.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #8: Aug 24, 2013 08:18:30 pm
      Isn't there another team that uses this song as it's anthem? Besides Celtic.
      Only imposters trying to emulate Liverpool Football Club,Anfield and our Anthem Y.N.W.A.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Aug 24, 2013 08:38:26 pm
      The lad who produced it comes through my station . Said they got knocked back by sky to show it as according to sky LFC weren't big enough anymore . Bollox to that . Put your name down on there website to reserve or if you can .

This all over the show.

The likes of Sky hate us as we've got balls to fight back against certain media relations.

Brilliant work though. Push it forward!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #10: Aug 24, 2013 08:58:07 pm
      Kate I might of led you astray a little bit,the first song that was sung by the Kop and the Anfield  crowd was when we signed Ian StJohn and it was When The Saints Go marching In.The clap,clap,clap Liverpool was prior to this.Sorry if I misinformed you :kop5cf8koxp6:.
      which really annoys me when #spurs use the song for their morbid rendition.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #11: Aug 26, 2013 10:21:42 am
      I thought one of the earliest, after the clap clap clap era, was...
                      'we're  gonna win the cup, we're gonna win the cup,  ee ay addio we're gonna win the cup' 1965
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #12: Aug 26, 2013 08:30:37 pm
      I thought one of the earliest, after the clap clap clap era, was...
                      'we're  gonna win the cup, we're gonna win the cup,  ee ay addio we're gonna win the cup' 1965
      We signed St John in 1961,still in the old 2nd division,the Saint and big Rowdy Yates brought the Kop to life.Hence when the Saints go marching in,that's how I remember it anyway. :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf:
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      Reply #13: Sep 19, 2013 08:34:22 pm

Quick Reply