Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match: Swansea v LFC

Mignolet
      21 (14.7%)
      Sakho
      7 (4.9%)
      Enrique
      0 (0%)
      Wisdom
      0 (0%)
      Skrtel
      42 (29.4%)
      Henderson
      21 (14.7%)
      Gerrard
      1 (0.7%)
      Lucas
      3 (2.1%)
      Sturridge
      22 (15.4%)
      Coutinho
      15 (10.5%)
      Moses
      10 (7%)
      Aspas
      1 (0.7%)
      Toure
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 140

Voting closed: Sep 20, 2013 10:02:01 pm

Swansea 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Analysis

Read 36695 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Re: Swansea 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Analysis
      Reply #552: Sep 16, 2013 10:10:17 pm
      From the little I've seen, Sakho looks like he has all the attributes to make a top defender but was a little lacking in terms of positioning and decision making. Hard to criticize him though, given it was only his first game and the fact he has trained so little with the other defenders. Signs of a good player but we'll have to wait and see. As someone said on twitter, his debut was better than Skrtel's.

I'd agree with that mate, he started well but also had some nervous moments. Wasn't afraid to get up and head it and he stepped up and anticipated things at times. Bit of a baptism of fire for the lad but I expect it will serve him well although given that Toure was fit, in hindsight it would have made more sense to start Kolo in place of Agger because he has been a star so far this season.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,028 posts | 529 
      Reply #553: Sep 16, 2013 10:10:30 pm
      Pretty much identical to every game so far this season.
      First half hour we are really good, then just gradually fade until we are hanging on by the end.

Not sure if its partly fitness, or if its tactical or what.
      Last season I thought we were too keen to drop deep and play on the counter (or try to) and we seem to be doing it again.
      Can see the temptation to do it with the pace of Sturridge up front, but I don't like to see us being out-passed and on the defensive. Its annoying cos when we do go out to control possession we look good.

Fair play to Swansea - thats the best anybody's played against us this season.
      Point not a bad result in the end, but we need to get our second half performances sorted out, cos we've been getting away with it a bit so far and that won't keep happening.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #554: Sep 16, 2013 10:10:37 pm
      Criticism of Aspas is well over the top. What he get? 25 minutes? He was hardly the only problem in that second half
      A lot of the problems with Aspas was his attitude he didn't close down he didn't tackle, poor attitude all round and for a player wanting to earn a place in the team it doesn't look good and fans show there frustration
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #555: Sep 16, 2013 10:10:51 pm
      Played well in the first half, but poor in the second, I thought that they where going to blow it altogether, happy to settle for a point in the end.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #556: Sep 16, 2013 10:11:02 pm
      Its not just today Aspas has been wanting in all the prem games.He just hasn't got the pace yet.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #557: Sep 16, 2013 10:12:27 pm
      Why? You could have picked any LFc fan from the crowd and they would have put in a better shift, I've seen enough of him to see he's not good enough to play for Liverpool not nice but true and if you've anything to say to the contrary your obviously delusional!

F***ing bullshit. Stop talking out of your arse.

You've seen him play 3 games and 25 minutes of league football after an impressive pre-season. Give it a rest.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #558: Sep 16, 2013 10:12:30 pm
      I thought Skrtel was outstanding tonight really back to his best some of his interceptions where heroic.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #559: Sep 16, 2013 10:12:55 pm
      Hope there's nothing serious with Coutinho.Can't wait for Suarez to come back as we missed the creative spark that he can provide. We are always going to have matches during the course of the season, the good thing is we didn't lose but drew it. Remember the two goals were gifted to us. Top of the league!!
      This.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #560: Sep 16, 2013 10:13:10 pm
      It wasn't so much for me that Aspas didn't create a morsel of a chance or that he has all the attacking threat of a slug, it's the fact that he didn't commit to any challenges and didn't look like he would ever come out of a challenge with the ball. That will be something that is hard to change.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #561: Sep 16, 2013 10:13:36 pm
      Its not just today Aspas has been wanting in all the prem games.He just hasn't got the pace yet.

Spot on Walt, don't think many are dismissing him completely but he has done nothing after having a full pre-season with us.

Can't see him featuring without injury problems once Suarez is back so it's less of an issue then but the question will be will he ever get back in the team and will he ever get a chance again once Suarez comes back? His chance was these early games, he had to make an impression and the only impression he's made is that it's a relief if we have someone who can play instead of him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #562: Sep 16, 2013 10:13:42 pm

You've seen him play 3 games and 25 minutes of league football after an impressive pre-season. Give it a rest.
      what impressive pre season. the lad is out of his comfort zone at present.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      Reply #563: Sep 16, 2013 10:13:45 pm
      Any news on Chortinio how bad is his injury.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Re: LIVE: Swansea City v Liverpool
      Reply #564: Sep 16, 2013 10:13:46 pm
      Sakho was poor, Aspas isn't cut out for the premiership. Happy not to loose the game in the end, I thought we looked tired in the second half. Think Toure will be back in defence against Southhampton.

I disagree about Sakho. I thought he done well considering its his debut. You can see he's good I think. Made an amazing interception towards the end. Cleared most headers.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #565: Sep 16, 2013 10:13:59 pm

What he said.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #566: Sep 16, 2013 10:14:57 pm
      Criticism of Aspas is well over the top. What he get? 25 minutes? He was hardly the only problem in that second half

He was sh*t honestly thought it was him coming off when I seen Sterling on. He done not a jot. Far too weak physically.

Positives. Mignolet again. Brilliant shot stopper and dominant on crosses/balls into the box. Sakho looks like hes going to be class. Very cool on the ball. Skrtel was solid again tonight. Moses adds pace and nice to see him score on his debut and Sturridge scoring again.

Negatives: Looks a bad knock for Coutinho could be out a while

Another shi*e second half no matter what way you try to dress it up. We looked like a league 1 team in the cup. No midfield at all second half. No attacking threat. There was 3 points there to be taken tonight and again we died off 2nd half. There form hasn't been great lately yet we made them look like Barcelona 2nd half. No focal point in the attack Sturridge roams which meant Aspas at times was our central figure and he done fook all. 
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #567: Sep 16, 2013 10:15:13 pm
      It wasn't so much for me that Aspas didn't create a morsel of a chance or that he has all the attacking threat of a slug, it's the fact that he didn't commit to any challenges and didn't look like he would ever come out of a challenge with the ball. That will be something that is hard to change.

I could do better than him. He's ridiculously lightweight.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #568: Sep 16, 2013 10:15:18 pm
      Spot on Walt, don't think many are dismissing him completely but he has done nothing after having a full pre-season with us.

Can't see him featuring without injury problems once Suarez is back so it's less of an issue then but the question will be will he ever get back in the team and will he ever get a chance again once Suarez comes back? His chance was these early games, he had to make an impression and the only impression he's made is that it's a relief if we have someone who can play instead of him.
      its just like Borini all over again he needs to wise up quck or he just will not make it.Look at Couthino just as small but see's all around him all the time.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #569: Sep 16, 2013 10:15:21 pm

Disagree. He was pretty good in our first game, combined well and created a few chances, Hendo probably should have scored from one of them.

Not saying I'm very impressed with him either, but people are taking conclusions far too soon
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #570: Sep 16, 2013 10:16:00 pm

Bull sh*t? He's crap face it! Take your Liverpool tinted glasses off and see it for what it is he's not got it the end.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #571: Sep 16, 2013 10:16:01 pm
      Was between Skrtel and Hendo for MOTM for me, think Skrtel just nicked it in my eyes. Didn't put a foot wrong and was in control of the defence all evening! Good to see him back at his best again!

Wouldn't say no to Toure right back for a few games either. Wisdom beaten a few times by Davies, not sure if experience or pace is to blame there though.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #572: Sep 16, 2013 10:16:26 pm
      if we ever get to actually compete in a second half we will walk this league
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      Reply #573: Sep 16, 2013 10:16:26 pm

That's what frustrates he is fighting for his place and his attitude was woefull.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #574: Sep 16, 2013 10:16:50 pm
      Looks like Aspas is the new whipping boy this season. Bit harsh give the lad a few games before you put his head on the guillotine!

Quick Reply