Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

2013/14 Ashes Down Under

Read 44243 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: 2013/14 Ashes Down Under
      Reply #46: Nov 23, 2013 10:34:53 am
      I think you'll go close. Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane are a lock for us. Sydney, with Swann, is closer and Adelaide is a bit of a mixed ground. A lot of early momentum is key to that test.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #47: Nov 23, 2013 07:54:11 pm
      I think you'll go close. Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane are a lock for us. Sydney, with Swann, is closer and Adelaide is a bit of a mixed ground. A lot of early momentum is key to that test.

Perth I'm worried about I'll be honest.. The others will be good even wickets I think.

England need to bounce back next test, can't afford to be 2 down

Crouchie, you like a bet don't you?
      Ever bet on cricket? It's one of my preferred sports to bet on, if you know the game you have a chance.

This test I've dabbled like this.

I set a little pot and try to increase it

Aussie first innings under 300

Used that to bet on

Harris top wicket taker first innings with Johnson as a back up

Then I've gone with the Johnson money on

Warner 50

Then with that I went

Clarke 100 when he was on 19

With that little pot I've gone before day 4 on

England bowled out for under 291

Not massive amounts, I started with 20 and stand at 80 now
      I just finds it increases interest in little sections , when it's over here and I can watch it more in depth I have other little ones going on during play

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #48: Nov 23, 2013 08:16:16 pm
      Nice betting PD. Money in your pocket, no matter what amount is better than in the bookies pocket. Good stuff mate.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #49: Nov 23, 2013 08:21:51 pm
      Nice betting PD. Money in your pocket, no matter what amount is better than in the bookies pocket. Good stuff mate.

Well I'm all in now mate..

Stand to lose 80 or win 210 depending on today..

I'm an Aussie for the day.. Under 291 please big Mitch  ;D

I just find it increases the interest mate.. I love my cricket and always back myself to see little bits to win on.

Lose and it's no biggy though
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #50: Nov 23, 2013 08:26:37 pm
      Well I'm all in now mate..

Stand to lose 80 or win 210 depending on today..

I'm an Aussie for the day.. Under 291 please big Mitch  ;D

I just find it increases the interest mate.. I love my cricket and always back myself to see little bits to win on.

Lose and it's no biggy though

We'll celebrate later mate. Can see that bet being a winner. Good Luck bud.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #51: Nov 23, 2013 08:35:37 pm
      We'll celebrate later mate. Can see that bet being a winner. Good Luck bud.

Cheers mate

Virtual beer later
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #52: Nov 23, 2013 08:39:32 pm

;D

Was hoping for a virtual :cool-smiley-027: but whatever tickles your fancy.  :D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #53: Nov 23, 2013 08:43:17 pm

;D

Was hoping for a virtual :cool-smiley-027: but whatever tickles your fancy.  :D

Get yourself back over here and no virtual  :cool-smiley-027: needed

;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #54: Nov 23, 2013 08:51:26 pm
      Get yourself back over here and no virtual  :cool-smiley-027: needed

;)

Maybe if I was following your tips, I'd be able to afford it.  ;)

Trying to plus you for your "Virtual Beer comment" but this new Karma thing aint't working for me...heading into the Feedback thread to let JD know. So I'm giving you a virual + form this end.  :gt-happyup:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #55: Nov 24, 2013 07:44:58 am
      Nice one PD!

I think there's no chance our top wicket taker will be anyone other than Harris or Johnson but Harris may be rested for Adelaide so i'd have gone for Johnson.

Aussies 1-0 in the series. 300 run win. Too, too easy.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #56: Nov 24, 2013 07:47:28 am
      Well done Aussies

England got a lot of work to do before the second test.

Not too comfortable with how The Aussies conducted themselves in the last half hour there, no need for it.

Hoping for a great series
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #57: Nov 24, 2013 08:10:12 am
      Well done Aussies

England got a lot of work to do before the second test.

Not too comfortable with how The Aussies conducted themselves in the last half hour there, no need for it.

Hoping for a great series

I turned off by then  ;D

What did they do?

I know Mitch Johnson's a jumped up little c*nt, wouldn't surprise me if he was involved with this kind of conduct. Classless w@nker.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #58: Nov 24, 2013 08:19:33 am
      I turned off by then  ;D

What did they do?

I know Mitch Johnson's a jumped up little c*nt, wouldn't surprise me if he was involved with this kind of conduct. Classless w@nker.

They were all into Anderson, don't get me wrong I like tough cricket but it seemed a little unsavory.. Clarke seemed a little too much and some foreign commentators were saying stuff was being thrown around about hurting him, breaking fingers and over bumping his head.. Off the stump mike

I like funny sledging, not too keen on telling players you're gonna hurt them.. Especially when you are so dominant.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #59: Nov 24, 2013 10:17:02 am
      Just seen that Clarke was telling Anderson they were gonna break his arm..

Now I actually love Aussie cricket, I love the ashes, I grew up with the great Aussie side and couldn't help but love them and have followed their cricket all my life as I do with England. Cricket is a hard sport but there is a line and telling a no.11 that you're gonna break his arm when you have a near on 400 lead?
      I've lost a lot of respect for Pup there.

Win and win well.. Smashing England by that many was enough of a statement, tell them you are gonna do it again and again, I even like the bit where Warner was taking the piss out of Trott's bottle to the short stuff but threatening to break a no.11s arm at that point?

Take a look in the mirror pup

The Aussies were great in this match, fully fully deserved win. Well in lads
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #60: Nov 24, 2013 06:17:05 pm
      Great start from Australia - dismal start from England.  Probably the best result to set up a cracking series.

Poor sledging from the Aussies though.  It's one thing giving that kind of verbals to the openers but shows a bit of an inferiority complex doing it to a tail-ender when your about to romp home with the win.  All smacks of a lack of class.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #61: Nov 24, 2013 07:48:35 pm
      Great win Aussies.

Smashing bet PD. Glad you're in the money.

As for me, turned off the telly at the 2nd rain delay thinking they're not coming back on. Some 5 hours later find out they did and we won.  :-[
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #62: Nov 24, 2013 08:49:06 pm
      Think Broad has been the only highlight for England so far, bowling wise anyway.

Fair play to the Aussies, they were in full control from the toss. Hopefully England can put it right and the Aussies get sloppy.

Just a shame they have lacked class so far.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #63: Nov 24, 2013 09:05:03 pm
      England need to get used to the extra bounce in the pitches over there, they really look to be struggling and lacking conviction in shots when the field is up to Lyon..

Stop trying to show how big your dick is and take on the short ball, sway out the way, let them get bored with no success and force them to pitch it up.

Pressure was the key to a few of the wickets, but it was self forced.

Johnson bowled great but could go either way next test,Harris always does.. Siddle is line and length, just get used to the slight extra bounce off a length.. The fact Lyon out bowled Swann is a worry..

The kookaburra doesn't swing, so Jimmy needs to pull his length back a little and make it get a little steeper.. Tremlett worries me, he has lost 5mph and is only getting around 80 out of it, not quick enough to worry test batsmen.
      Doesn't surprise me Broad is the best bowler so far, his natural length suits the wickets.

Mentally our batsmen are fu**ed currently.. Trott is really struggling and walking to the off side to get away from the ball leaving his weight off balance and not getting through his shots.. KP is trying to dominate the bowlers as usual and not getting in before he does, not really playing the ball on merit.
      Cook will be fine, Carberry the jury is out.. Played nicely first dig and was unlucky second. Prior's head isn't right, is so desperate to make runs that he wants to hit everything no matter the match situation, to get out leg slip to Lyon twice in a match is embarrassing for him.

Lots to work on.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #64: Nov 25, 2013 06:57:00 am
      I tend to look past the behaviour our team showed when we were copping a lot of sh*t from the British media last series. Warner was hammered by the press, Watson, Johnson, Lyon, all copped a hammering. And three of those four won us this match.

Yeah the words were definitely over the top but meh. It's the Ashes. I wouldn't complain if the shoe was on the other foot.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #65: Nov 25, 2013 07:28:07 am
      The media are cu*ts we all know that..

I'd think it was utterly out of order if it was our bowlers telling Lyon they were gonna break his arm Crouchie.

No need for that for me
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #66: Nov 25, 2013 08:27:12 am
      Trott to return home due to stress related illness

Jonathan Trott: England batsman leaves Ashes tour of Australia
      England's Jonathan Trott has left the Ashes tour of Australia because of a long-standing stress-related condition.

Batsman Trott scored 19 runs in two innings during England's first Test defeat and struggled against the bowling of Mitchell Johnson.

"I don't think it is right that I'm playing knowing that I'm not 100%," said the 32-year-old.

England coach Andy Flower added: "He needs time away from this environment and time with his family."

The tourists will play an Australian Chairman's XI over two days from Friday, before the second Test in Adelaide on 5 December.

Trott scored 10 and 9 in two innings as England suffered a 381-run defeat in the first Test at the Gabba in Brisbane.

"I cannot currently operate at the level I have done in the past," he added.

"My priority now is to take a break from cricket so that I can focus on my recovery."

The displays of England's batsmen were branded "poor and weak" by Australia's David Warner after the opening Test.

England captain Alastair Cook labelled the comments "disrespectful," a view shared by Flower who says Warner's views had no impact on Trott's decision to leave.

"Jonathan has been struggling with this condition for quite a while," added Flower.

"We have been on tour for about a month and he has had his ups and downs through that month and it is not directly related to that.

"I would also say players commenting to fellow professionals in the media is disrespectful and I think on this occasion he [Warner] has got that horribly wrong."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/25085025
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #67: Nov 25, 2013 08:52:40 am
      That could be the end of Trotts career..
      I say could, and I really rate the fella, hope he gets his head together for himself and his family

I see Clarke had been fined for his "sledge" at Anderson..
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #68: Nov 25, 2013 09:39:42 am
      Any of the Aussies over there, what's Melbourne playing like?

Adelaide is a bit slower and lower by the sounds of things..
      Perth will be like Brisbane..
      Sydney will spin more ..

England need to bounce back at Adelaide and if they do it could come down to Melbourne, if they lose it could well be 4-1.

Bell will probably bat 3 which will mean pressure for him

Quick Reply