Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Ladies

Read 19307 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: LFC Ladies
      Reply #138: Oct 14, 2015 06:22:33 pm
      2nd leg tonight at home. It's Matt Beard's last game in charge before moving to Boston Breakers in the US. Hopefully they bring in a top replacement.

6:30pm kick off on LFC TV.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #139: Oct 14, 2015 06:46:00 pm
      2nd leg tonight at home. It's Matt Beard's last game in charge before moving to Boston Breakers in the US. Hopefully they bring in a top replacement.

Kind of off-topic, but I'm excited to see Beard take over Boston. They were brutal last season to watch, finished dead last in fact. He'll defo have his work cut out for him trying to make headway in a strong league like the NWSL.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #140: Oct 14, 2015 07:00:42 pm
      Kind of off-topic, but I'm excited to see Beard take over Boston. They were brutal last season to watch, finished dead last in fact. He'll defo have his work cut out for him trying to make headway in a strong league like the NWSL.

Same position he found himself in when he took over at Liverpool too. It's a shame women's football isn't shown on TV as much, would be good to keep up with his progress once he does move.

It still pains me to see one of the worst keepers I've ever seen at any level as the keeper coach for Liverpool ladies.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #141: Oct 14, 2015 07:15:38 pm
      Same position he found himself in when he took over at Liverpool too. It's a shame women's football isn't shown on TV as much, would be good to keep up with his progress once he does move.

It still pains me to see one of the worst keepers I've ever seen at any level as the keeper coach for Liverpool ladies.

All of the NWSL matches are streamed live on YouTube, but the time difference could be a killer!

Agree, though, wish women's football was shown a lot more.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,418 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #142: Oct 14, 2015 09:09:01 pm

totally forgot, what was the score tonight?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #143: Oct 14, 2015 09:13:27 pm
      totally forgot, what was the score tonight?

Got beat 1-0. We never really looked like doing anything to be honest. Hopefully they manage to pick up a creative player or two before next season as the team needs it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #144: Oct 22, 2015 11:55:25 am
      Scott Rogers: Liverpool Ladies promote assistant to replace Matt Beard

Liverpool Ladies have promoted Scott Rogers from assistant boss to manager to replace recently departed Matt Beard.

The 29-year-old worked under Beard for three years and helped the Reds win consecutive Women's Super League titles in 2013 and 2014.

Beard is taking over as Boston Breakers manager in the United States.

"I am absolutely delighted to have been given the opportunity to manage Liverpool Ladies," said Rogers.

"Having worked under the stewardship of Matt for the past three seasons, I know what a great club this is and cannot wait to get started."

Rogers was manager at Blackburn Rovers Ladies before he moved to Liverpool.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34602882

He's got some quite big shoes to fill considering what Matt Beard achieved in his first two seasons at the club. Last season we were riddled with injuries and had lost a couple of big players in the window to clubs like Man City.

When I read the small headline on BBC I thought they meant Brendan :D That would be have pretty funny.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #145: Oct 22, 2015 04:27:37 pm

Liverpool Ladies have promoted Scott Rogers from assistant boss to manager to replace recently departed Matt Beard.

The 29-year-old worked under Beard for three years and helped the Reds win consecutive Women's Super League titles in 2013 and 2014.

"I am absolutely delighted to have been given the opportunity to manage Liverpool Ladies," said Rogers.

"Having worked under the stewardship of Matt for the past three seasons, I know what a great club this is and cannot wait to get started."

He's got some quite big shoes to fill considering what Matt Beard achieved in his first two seasons at the club. Last season we were riddled with injuries and had lost a couple of big players in the window to clubs like Man City.

When I read the small headline on BBC I thought they meant Brendan :D That would be have pretty funny.

:laugh:

Should be interesting. Rogers does have some big shoes to fill in Beard's absence.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #146: Oct 22, 2015 04:44:27 pm

RODGERS OUT!!!!

Sorry, too soon!?

Nice to see some natural progression, should make it easier for the team, the same ideas and principles will be used. Best of luck to Scott and the girls, looking forward to seeing how they do next season.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #147: Oct 22, 2015 06:27:53 pm
      RODGERS OUT!!!!

Sorry, too soon!?

Nice to see some natural progression, should make it easier for the team, the same ideas and principles will be used. Best of luck to Scott and the girls, looking forward to seeing how they do next season.

Same mate. Would be good if we could sign one or two top quality players though to improve the overall quality of the squad. We could do with a striker to take some weight off of Dowie's shoulders.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #148: Jan 01, 2016 06:05:18 pm
      Natasha Dowie has signed for Doncaster Belles. I'm struggling to see where we're going to get goals from next season, we have no big goal scorer. It's going to be a long season ahead.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #149: Jul 31, 2016 03:01:20 pm
      They're playing against Arsenal on BT Sport Europe, about to kick off for anybody wanting to watch.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #150: Jul 31, 2016 05:05:10 pm
      Whoever didn't watch this missed a great game. Arsenal went 1-0 down from a Fara Williams hugely deflected goal but van de Sanden equalised with an absolute beauty and then Weir scored what was the decisive goal from a 20 yard free kick into the top left corner. The red ladies won 2-1 in the end :)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #151: Dec 13, 2016 04:52:32 pm
      We've confirmed the signing of Casey Stoney...

Liverpool Ladies sign England international Casey Stoney

Liverpool Ladies have completed the signing of England international Casey Stoney.

Stoney, who has spent the last three seasons with Arsenal Ladies, joins Scott Rogers’ side after helping the Gunners win the FA Women’s Cup in 2016.

The 34-year-old is a vastly-experienced defender who has also previously played for Charlton Athletic Ladies, Chelsea Ladies and Lincoln Ladies.

Stoney, an MBE, has played for England in the last three Women’s World Cups, and came off the bench to help the Lionesses beat Germany to take the bronze medal in 2015.

On joining the Reds, Stoney said: "This is a great move for me, joining a fantastic club, and I am really excited for the new season.

"I was really impressed with Liverpool Ladies last season as they had a big turnover in players but still managed to have a good first season under Scott."

Rogers added: "This is an absolutely brilliant signing for the club. Casey is an experienced international defender with over 120 caps for England which highlights what a crucial player she will be for us next season.

"Casey's reading of the game and ability on the ball is fantastic so I have no doubt that she will prove to be a great signing for us."

She turned us down a couple of years ago to join Arsenal. She brings a hell of a lot of experience but she is 34, nearly 35.

Quick Reply