Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your man of the match.

Mignolet
      1 (0.8%)
      Skrtel
      2 (1.6%)
      Sakho
      14 (11.3%)
      Touré
      2 (1.6%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      31 (25%)
      Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Jose Enrique
      2 (1.6%)
      Suárez
      46 (37.1%)
      Moses
      1 (0.8%)
      Sturridge
      24 (19.4%)
      Agger (Sub)
      0 (0%)
      Luis Alberto (Sub)
      0 (0%)
      Iago Aspas (Sub)
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Liverpool 3:1 Crystal Palace: In game and post match glee.

Read 20591 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Liverpool 3:1 Crystal Palace: In game and post match glee.
      Reply #253: Oct 07, 2013 01:03:37 am
      Two very different halves of footy world beaters in the first and championship material in the second. Still good enough to have us sitting on top credit goes to Brendan for that, would be an awesome team once we got the balance in the centre of the park.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #254: Oct 07, 2013 06:40:04 am
      I was so delighted yesterday. I'm very lucky to get to Anfield the best of times so imagine my delight in being able to bag a ticket for the game. Imagine my delight even more when I found out that it was a ticket in the Kop! When I was lining up at the turnstile outside I knew this was a VERY big deal so there was some nerves about. I was so so honoured being there. I was able to graduate from uni earlier this year and while I was pleased for myself then, it doesn't compare at all to the immense pride I felt standing in the Kop yesterday. When you read and hear of the stories, folklore and history of that famous stand and indeed for the whole of Anfield itself, it does make you feel very humble and grateful.

As for the game - delighted they came back with a very comfortable victory! The first half was fantastic. Should have been 6 at least! I guess a case of complacency kind of set in during that second half but overall from my perspective I was well satisfied with the whole afternoon. For me I thought Sakho was absolutely outstanding! He was my MOTM for sure and Skrtel, who I've been a big critic of, was brilliant as well.

Just a slight observation about the pace of the game. A lot of it was slow, steady and measured as has our play been the last couple of games. Do you think this is a tactic for the moment seeing as we've got quite a lot of injuries about and that the business of 'over exerting' and out pacing ourselves would only heighten the prospect of more injuries?

Congrats on your graduation mate, hats off, and how fookin lucky are you, ya b***ard, I'm f***in green with envy, not only do you visit Anfield on the best of times, but you come on here and rub our non attending noses in it by bagging a lucky ticket for the Kop, I dunno, some folk have all the luck,

Glad you had a great day mate, oh and next you come across a ticket or two, remember me  ;D

YNWA

Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #255: Oct 07, 2013 07:18:33 am
      Good result, and once again other results showing that the league is a bit more open than it has been for a while, at least until teams get themselves sorted out.

Sterling does not look to have made any real progress in the last 12 months, and I thought he was fairly ordinary again.  If we are going to persist with this formation then that slot is tailor made for Johnson when he is fit again.

I thought Hendo was ok, and I do like his energy - he must be one of the fittest in the league.

Again S&S are looking very good together, and Moses looks reasonable (I will forgive him his miss - I had a similar one on Friday night, with a dodgy bobble).
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #256: Oct 07, 2013 10:44:42 am
      Another 3 points is the bottom line.
      We were brilliant 1st half & bang average 2nd.

Suarez & Sturridge look capable of scoring at whenever they want to sometimes

Sterling needs help he's lost the plot, Ibe should be in front of him atm.

Moses should have gone to Specsavers that was actually funny that miss
      He should have taken pelters from the lads at half time & i'm sure he did

Gerrard & Henderson both played pretty well which was all they needed in truth

Sakho was superb as were Skrtel & Mignolet.

When we have Coutinho & Johnson back we will be a very decent side one that
      can both create score & defend.

Happy Days.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,519 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #257: Oct 07, 2013 10:53:37 am
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #258: Oct 07, 2013 10:54:23 am
      Have to say slightly disappointed by the second half once again, I thought Sterling did okay, his final ball needs working on but was nowhere near as bad as some the posters on here would have us all believe. Moses missed an absolute sitter and seems to run out of steam after an hour. Not convinced that 3 at the back is the long term solution and would prefer someone better on the ball than Skrtel in the middle but that is a minor quibble. Interesting team selection ahead once everyone is fit.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #259: Oct 07, 2013 12:07:30 pm
      3 points the key thing. Yes, it is a concern we are dropping off in the 2nd half of games, which is something that needs to be addressed, but winning (especially when not playing well) is a good habit, and we seem to be forming this habit.

Maybe the international break will be kind to us now, as it means the likes of Coutinho and Johnson are that much closer to playing again. But can we please pull Sturridge out of the england squad. Dont need him picking up a knock.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #260: Oct 07, 2013 12:44:52 pm
      I'm looking forward to having Johnson, Cissokho  and Coutinho back.
      3-5-2 with them. Sexy time.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #261: Oct 07, 2013 09:24:44 pm
      Watched a second run of the MOTD highlights and made up with movement and link up play in the first half from everyone really..
      Ace goals from Suarez n Sturridge , then we get a pen !..ace ! and who steps up?..Captain bloody miserable...whats up with him...? He's mope'in around with a right face on him at the mo..Must be some mad tactical ploy from BR but why he puts Gerrard on the near post when we're defendin corners i'll never know..his half arsed attempt at a jump has cost us goals this season !! and he did it again on Saturday..If he had attacked that cross Gayle wouldn't have scored..simple...ironic that he hasn't had any votes for MOTM :f_tongueincheek:.. interesting to see if his mood changes if England qualify over the next 10 days or so...
      Bit sloppy at the back at times and wonder whether better opposition would have punished us more..

Enrique reminds me of Joey Jones... ;D don't know whether thats a good thing or not.. :-\

3 points are 3 points and as i've said this league is wide open...something inside me tells we haven't really broken sweat this season and there's so much more to come...I'm liking BR's attitude and gettin Kenny back in as well will i'm sure prove to be a shrewed move...

YNWA

« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2013 09:33:59 pm by 6stringer »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #262: Oct 07, 2013 09:29:51 pm
      Good first half, plenty of chances in addition to the three we scored. Think they had the first real chance of sorts and would have been slightly different game if they had scored then. Probably a similar outcome though. Think we tend to lose concentration more against the lesser sides, than we do against the better sides. Need to sort the second half out, but hopefully, after the international break, Coutinho will be back, and possibly Johnson. Have a bit more threat from the middle of the park then. Sill a bit uneasy with the performances over 90 mins, but being joint top when you're not playing brilliant, and have top players out injured, can't ask for much more that that. F***ing made up in fact. Voted Toure motm just because he seems to take it all in his stride, and seems rejuvenated from his days at cited.
       Joint top, and we should only get stronger as players recover.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #263: Oct 07, 2013 10:10:20 pm
      Delighted with the win. On the downside it looks like another "half a match is enough" performance. A little bit worried as this is turning into a habit, but sometimes teams relax after a good difference is obtained. A match lasts 90 minutes, and a healthy goal difference might be vital at later stages of the League. Never liked this 45 minute naps.

Other than that, good to see our forward pair scoring, and our defence turning into a solid unit (not quite there yet, but improving massively, mostly because of Kolo). We do have a problem with corners (either for or against).

Our midfield still needs work, and i cant wait to see Cou back on the field. Moses was good, and had he buried the couple of chances he had it would have been a fantastic game!.

Good to see we didnt miss Lucas, but maybe it was due to the poor opposition. Had it been against a better team, we could have struggled.

Anyway, good win, 3 points, top of the league, and arguably the best in form pair of strikers in the League. A good day at the office for the red army!
      This year we are winning games that last year we would have tied/lost, and that alone is a massive improvement.

ANything is possible
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,519 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #264: Oct 07, 2013 10:25:56 pm
      Why are folk still saying we are top, we're second

Small detail, but still
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #265: Oct 07, 2013 11:28:34 pm
      Seriously who's given Aspas MOTM, I think this was the argument a month or so back against putting all players up who'd played any part in the game!

:mad:

I didn't know Aspas was a poster on here.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #266: Oct 07, 2013 11:30:28 pm
      Why are folk still saying we are top, we're second

Small detail, but still

Because it feels better than saying we are second because of the silly goal we conceeded.
      Shanklys Golden Hynd
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #267: Jan 01, 2014 07:08:55 am
      If this Crystal Palace side finish with 15 or more points and/or 19 or more scored goals I'll wear their ugly away strip with Holloway and his successor at the back - at my planned Summer 2014 wedding.

Happy New Year Lio.

Looking forward to your Wedding Day.  :lmao:

Quick Reply