Trending Topics

Next match: Man Utd v LFC [Premier League] Sun 20th Oct @ 4:30 pm
      Old Trafford

Today is the 15th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D6 L3

Harry Wilson Player Thread (on loan at Bournemouth)

Read 29208 times
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,116 posts | 270 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Re: Harry Wilson Player Thread (on loan at Derby County)
      Reply #200: May 16, 2019 02:30:12 pm
      Not so much lacking as just not being exceptional enough to improve us in my opinion.

The bar is high now.

If I were to criticise one thing - and it MAY be harsh - but I’ve thought it a few times watching him - I’m not sure his football IQ is high enough.

He’s quick enough, good left foot, good finisher but seems to run down blind alleys a bit and doesn’t see a pass.

Could be unfair but that’s my tuppenceworth.

Thats the thing now, the LFC bar is almost as high as it can go, only top world class players will break into our 1st team.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,065 posts | 3889 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #201: May 16, 2019 05:31:59 pm
      Not so much lacking as just not being exceptional enough to improve us in my opinion.

The bar is high now.

If I were to criticise one thing - and it MAY be harsh - but I’ve thought it a few times watching him - I’m not sure his football IQ is high enough.

He’s quick enough, good left foot, good finisher but seems to run down blind alleys a bit and doesn’t see a pass.

Could be unfair but that’s my tuppenceworth.

It’s a difficult one because you could put him into a team with much more quality than Derby and he could thrive or he could get completely exposed and the concerns you mentioned could lead to him being out of his depth.

But at the age of 22, if he can’t make the step up now then he never will. At his age you should be coming to the end of your loan moves to gain experience and develop. Will be 23 next season so it really is make or break for him this summer. I think if he goes out on loan again then it will just show that he has no future with us, especially when you see Klopp talking so highly about Brewster.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,780 posts | 3367 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #202: May 17, 2019 12:17:42 am
      I think Harry or Ryan Kent should be Sadio's understudy. Sadio can't play every minute of every game and either of these lads could come on as a sub and do a good job. No need to spend any money on a back up for Sadio. Problem, if there even was one, sorted.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,404 posts | 2046 
      Reply #203: May 17, 2019 10:03:49 am
      I think Harry or Ryan Kent should be Sadio's understudy. Sadio can't play every minute of every game and either of these lads could come on as a sub and do a good job. No need to spend any money on a back up for Sadio. Problem, if there even was one, sorted.

Do you mean do a good job in the same way os Origi or Sturridge do because I'd rather have someone like Sane or Gabriel Jesus to come on and change the game, grab that winning goal rather than just be another body on the pitch.

We need to spend big on a forward the same as we spent big on a goalkeeper and defender, we need top notch, a game changer , then we can proper rotation in the front line for the first time in many years. do that and we win the league in my opinion, we still might do anyway but with an extra high quality forward then I'm certain of it.

BTW yes I know Origi got some important goals for us this season but overall he just isn't any where near the quality of Mane, Bobby or Salah.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,520 posts | 2518 
      Reply #204: May 17, 2019 10:44:35 am

I don’t think he’s good enough mate and Kent is nowhere near good enough.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,889 posts | 2351 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #205: May 17, 2019 04:07:46 pm

I don't see Kent making it mate. Harry should get a crack though
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,780 posts | 3367 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #206: May 18, 2019 01:29:27 am
      Here you lads, was thinking of saving money for elsewhere. Want a top notch CAM. Someone who can put it on a plate for Sadio, Bobby and Mane. Someone not afraid to run at Defenders and take them on.would love to see u hijack RM's bid for Hazzard. Not going to happen, I know, but that's the quality we are looking for so spend big on that position, is a must for me!
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,404 posts | 2046 
      Reply #207: May 18, 2019 11:31:06 am
      Here you lads, was thinking of saving money for elsewhere. Want a top notch CAM. Someone who can put it on a plate for Sadio, Bobby and Mane. Someone not afraid to run at Defenders and take them on.would love to see u hijack RM's bid for Hazzard. Not going to happen, I know, but that's the quality we are looking for so spend big on that position, is a must for me!

I agree, surely we can put in a counter bid for Hazard or is he dead set on going to Madrid?? I would have thought any player would love to play for us at the moment.
      Munch101
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 50 
      Reply #208: May 18, 2019 06:35:01 pm
      I agree, surely we can put in a counter bid for Hazard or is he dead set on going to Madrid?? I would have thought any player would love to play for us at the moment.

I'll have some of what you're smoking.
      Madrid or Liverpool is a no brainer(the city not the club).
      He'll be a star man at Madrid, which will mean he's a star man all over the world. Unfortunately we can't compete with the Madrids and Barca's of the world in terms of pulling power and appeal.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,404 posts | 2046 
      Reply #209: May 18, 2019 09:08:27 pm
      I'll have some of what you're smoking.
      Madrid or Liverpool is a no brainer(the city not the club).
      He'll be a star man at Madrid, which will mean he's a star man all over the world. Unfortunately we can't compete with the Madrids and Barca's of the world in terms of pulling power and appeal.

Yet curiously Citeh are never in danger of players being poached, riddle me that one.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,394 posts | 522 
      Reply #210: May 18, 2019 09:58:27 pm
      Yet curiously Citeh are never in danger of players being poached, riddle me that one.

Cities players will become available without poaching, after they’ve spent two seasons sitting on the bench.
      There’s a subtle difference with putting up with that for two seasons on £ 250k a week, as aposed to sitting there on only £100k a week.
      Think they are talking about aclearout this summer. Some ageing, but some requesting a move due to lack of minutes.
      That’s the problem with trying to buy top drawer players as cover !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,905 posts | 3448 
      Reply #211: May 21, 2019 02:44:12 pm
      Unfortunately we can't compete with the Madrids and Barca's of the world in terms of pulling power and appeal.

I'm not sure what to do with this statement. (Although I have a couple of ideas).
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,742 posts | 2420 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #212: May 21, 2019 04:53:40 pm
      Madrid or Liverpool is a no brainer(the city not the club)

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #213: May 21, 2019 05:08:03 pm
      yes of course Liverpool is a complete shithouse despite it being a world Heritage site what do they know oh and if you want a Cathedral we have got one to spare.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,905 posts | 3448 
      Reply #214: May 21, 2019 06:19:49 pm
      Guarantee I'll be visiting Liverpool before I ever set food in Madrid.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,997 posts | 1274 
      Reply #215: May 21, 2019 11:27:05 pm
      Looks a player to me. Worth a shot here but if not then he'll go on to make a good career no doubt.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,116 posts | 270 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #216: May 22, 2019 08:25:26 am
      I don’t think he’s good enough mate and Kent is nowhere near good enough.

Agree on Kent.

I think Wilson might make it, but I defo needs to keep playing, another season with derby hopefully in the EPL.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,520 posts | 2518 
      Reply #217: May 22, 2019 08:46:34 am
      Agree on Kent.

I think Wilson might make it, but I defo needs to keep playing, another season with derby hopefully in the EPL.

Great if you’re right mate - more good players the better 👍
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,065 posts | 3889 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #218: May 22, 2019 09:50:22 pm
      Been speaking to a few people I know that support Derby and when you actually get talking to people who have seen him play all season, it has made me feel far less confident he will be at the club next season. He apparently goes missing from games for weeks on end which isn’t exactly a good sign for a player who would essentially be looking to be of use to us coming off the bench and adding depth. One of the guys worryingly summed him up really; he says all the right things about wanting to perform on the biggest stages etc but lacks the hard work it actually takes to get there. Almost as though he feels he is too good for Derby because he’s scored a few boss goals.

But that’s just the opinion of a couple of guys I’ve spoken to, they’ve seen him play a hell of a lot more than I have so we will see. The fact there seems to be a lot of talk about him being sold does make me think there is substance to what they are saying.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,830 posts | 527 
      Reply #219: May 23, 2019 10:46:27 am
      Been speaking to a few people I know that support Derby and when you actually get talking to people who have seen him play all season, it has made me feel far less confident he will be at the club next season. He apparently goes missing from games for weeks on end which isn’t exactly a good sign for a player who would essentially be looking to be of use to us coming off the bench and adding depth. One of the guys worryingly summed him up really; he says all the right things about wanting to perform on the biggest stages etc but lacks the hard work it actually takes to get there. Almost as though he feels he is too good for Derby because he’s scored a few boss goals.

But that’s just the opinion of a couple of guys I’ve spoken to, they’ve seen him play a hell of a lot more than I have so we will see. The fact there seems to be a lot of talk about him being sold does make me think there is substance to what they are saying.

A lot of people thought Hull supporters hyping up Robbo we're talking out there ass and look how he turned out so I wouldn't disagree with people who watch Wilson on the regular.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts | 81 
      Reply #220: May 23, 2019 11:54:55 am

Exactly what I said earlier. I have seen him in some games and he goes missing too much.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,685 posts | 1927 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #221: May 23, 2019 12:37:01 pm
      Exactly what I said earlier. I have seen him in some games and he goes missing too much.

Would prefer to judge him in the company of better players
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #222: May 23, 2019 12:42:51 pm
      Been on the Derby Forum this season following Harry and they love the kid. He has played on both wings and through the Centre too.
      He has also scored some very very important and impressive goals.
      If Jürgen thinks he can do a job then its all good but to spend £20 mil on  player we already have for nothing doesn't make sense.
      I think if Derby come up he will stay there he seems a good fit for them.
      PGlynn91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,537 posts | 275 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #223: May 23, 2019 01:09:09 pm
      I really hope we keep him.

I'd sell Shaq to keep him to be honest.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts | 79 
      Reply #224: May 23, 2019 04:02:18 pm
      I think Wilson will probably be sold this summer in order to cash in on his form. If we get 20-25M from a team like Bournemouth or Palace (trying to replace Zaha) I'll be happy.

Quick Reply