Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Harry Wilson (LFC -> Fulham)

Read 79071 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Harry Wilson (LFC -> Fulham)
      Oct 13, 2013 09:17:00 am
      I don't get the time to keep up to speed with the youth teams so whats the deal with this kid?

16 year old winger called in to the Wales senior squad  this week with reports out today that the English FA hope to persuade him to opt for England!

How good is this kid?
      « Last Edit: Aug 16, 2021 04:56:22 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Re: Harry Wilson Player Thread
      Reply #1: Oct 13, 2013 09:39:41 am
      Somebody other than LFC thinks he can do the business Brian.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #2: Oct 13, 2013 09:42:55 am
      Just watched the kids over in Ireland on the BBC, Wilson looks an outstanding prospect. Fast, can see a pass and looks confident on the ball.

My tip for the future......remember this in 4 years time :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18945922

He really impressed me when I saw him play 18 months or so ago. 
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3: Oct 13, 2013 03:48:08 pm
      It's ridiculous that he's already being called up.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #4: Oct 13, 2013 03:55:51 pm
      Didn't he get jibbed by the Mancs before we snapped him up?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #5: Oct 13, 2013 04:46:04 pm
      Didn't he get jibbed by the Mancs before we snapped him up?

That they did mate; they knocked him back and we took advantage.
      Harry has said he's looking forward to being selected and going back to the shithole and hammering them.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #6: Oct 13, 2013 05:50:25 pm
      That they did mate; they knocked him back and we took advantage.
      Harry has said he's looking forward to being selected and going back to the shithole and hammering them.

Then I like this guy already.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: Oct 15, 2013 09:51:17 pm
      On for wales there youngest ever player. Well done to him
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Oct 15, 2013 11:26:30 pm
      Not sure what he's done to deserve that call up but none the less, well done to the lad.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #9: Oct 16, 2013 12:00:04 am
      Not sure what he's done to deserve that call up but none the less, well done to the lad.

Purely to stop England getting their hooks into him.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #10: Oct 16, 2013 10:28:39 am
      Purely to stop England getting their hooks into him.
      young Lloyd Jones has now told Wales he wants to play for england instead of them.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #11: Oct 16, 2013 03:11:53 pm
      young Lloyd Jones has now told Wales he wants to play for england instead of them.

I'm sure privately his old man must be gutted but I would assume he'd never stand in the way of his son's (and/or agent) own personal decision.
      A shame really 'cause the Welsh U21 look quite handy. He'd be a definite starter...not so for England.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #12: Oct 16, 2013 08:26:39 pm
      Harry Wilson's grandfather nets £125,000 over Wales debut Belgium 1-1 Wales

A grandfather is to net £125,000 after he placed a £50 bet on his grandson playing football for Wales - when he was 18 months old.

Sixteen-year-old Harry Wilson made his international debut on Tuesday as a substitute against Belgium, becoming Wales' youngest ever senior player.

His grandfather Peter Edwards, 62, was quoted odds of 2,500/1 when he placed the bet with a bookmaker in Wrexham.

He is now set to retire a year earlier than originally planned.

Wrexham-born Wilson came on in the 87th minute during Wales' 1-1 draw.

At 16 years and 207 days, the Liverpool midfielder was 108 days younger than previous record holder Gareth Bale, now the world's most expensive footballer following his recent move to Real Madrid.

There had been speculation that England were ready to try to persuade Wilson to switch international allegiance, but he opted for Wales.

Mr Edwards explained how he felt when Wilson made his appearance.

"I was shattered because I had to wait for 85, 86 minutes before he came on and I was panicking because they'd already substituted twice, so I thought he wasn't going to make it," he said.

"But when he came on I had another glass of wine. (I was) a proud granddad first for sure.

"I told my wife at half-time that my pulse was 106 - I didn't know whether that was good or bad."

Mr Edwards said Wilson had showed an interest in football from a young age.

Peter Edwards Peter Edwards was quoted odds of 2,500/1 when he placed the bet
      "When he was about 18 months old he used to chase a ball around on the carpet before he could walk," Mr Edwards said.

"I went into William Hill in Wrexham and asked them how I go about it. I had no idea how to do it and the manageress put me in touch with London."

Electrical contractor Mr Edwards, of Corwen, Denbighshire, works away from home most of the year, spending one weekend a fortnight with wife Dorothy, 58.

"She is over the moon. I retired immediately. I told my manager yesterday that if Harry plays I wouldn't be coming back," said Mr Edwards.

"I've retired one year early. I have come home now and will not be going back. Not bad for a daft bet."

He said after Harry enrolled in the Liverpool FC academy his skills quickly developed and he returned to William Hill in the hope of placing a second bet.

"Harry was about 12 then. But they turned me down and said I already had a substantial bet with them. But they threw in England as a gesture of goodwill," he added.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #13: Oct 17, 2013 12:48:09 pm
      I've not seen him play yet is he decent and whats his natural position.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #14: Jan 16, 2014 01:08:16 am
      Seen this fella play quite a few times now. He's got a genuine eye for goal. Hope he stays grounded and keeps these types of performances up. If he does...we could well have another McManaman!!!

Well played lads. Hope our 1st team at least replicate your scoreline.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #15: Jan 17, 2014 05:58:33 pm
      Just watched his goals again, he is a hell of a finisher, very composed for such a young player. Looks to have the potential to push on if his attitude is right and he keeps progressing in the same manner
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16: Aug 26, 2015 02:14:24 pm
      Harry is going out on a Youth Loan to Crewe until January.

Good move for him to get a taster of being a pro in a very tough League.  Technically he's ready for the challenge but his size could be an issue competing with some of the animals in League 1, I still expect him to shine though  ;D

Good luck Harry.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #17: Aug 26, 2015 02:51:58 pm
      Just read about this on the offal. It will be a great opportunity for him to get some game time in a senior time no matter what level it is at. They've struggled a bit so far with only 2 points from their first two matches but Wilson should hopefully give them a bit more of a spark as long as he gets his head down.

He'll be joining an ex-Liverpool youth player in Lauri Dalla Valle too.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18: Aug 26, 2015 03:02:54 pm
      Just read about this on the offal. It will be a great opportunity for him to get some game time in a senior time no matter what level it is at. They've struggled a bit so far with only 2 points from their first two matches but Wilson should hopefully give them a bit more of a spark as long as he gets his head down.

He'll be joining an ex-Liverpool youth player in Lauri Dalla Valle too.

It does them all good to move away from the "wrapped in cotton wool" world that the Academy lads are used to. 

It's the first time in their young lives that results matter.

It's the first time in their careers that their team mates need their win bonuses to pay their mortgages.

It's the first time they'll encounter being paid more than their team mates.

It's the first time they'll experience real pressure when they play.

It's probably the first time they won't be a guaranteed starter.

It's the first time for a lot of things and acclimatising to those changes is sometimes harder than adapting to the football.

They all have the talent to make it as pro players but making those adjustments is critical for them to make it to the very top.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #19: Nov 26, 2015 11:07:03 am
      I heard Wilson is doing well at u21 and is trying to break into the Wales team for Euro 2016. I think we need to be thinking about loaning him to a championship side. He's doing very well for his age since he's only 18.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20: Nov 26, 2015 12:03:32 pm
      is doing well at u21 and is trying to break into the Wales team for Euro 2016. I think we need to be thinking about loaning him to a championship side. He's doing very well for his age since he's only 18.

He's on loan at Crewe mate. I'm not sure he'd be ready for the next Euro's. One thing I don't like is when an international team plays a young lad in fear of them declaring for another national team and then tossing them out immediately after. This is what happened to Wilson, if he's not good enough at 18 then he wasn't good enough at 16 and shouldn't have been selected.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #21: Dec 01, 2015 07:59:08 pm
      Maybe Klopp has seen something he likes. Always like the look of him the few times I have watched him
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #22: Dec 01, 2015 08:22:47 pm
      Maybe Klopp has seen something he likes. Always like the look of him the few times I have watched him

I think he was struggling at Crewe and wasn't getting games, hence the reason why we recalled him back.

Quick Reply