Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Harry Wilson (LFC -> Fulham)

Read 79086 times
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Re: Harry Wilson Player Thread
      Reply #23: Dec 02, 2015 05:53:00 pm
      I think he was struggling at Crewe and wasn't getting games, hence the reason why we recalled him back.
      Yes heard he wasn't getting games but then so are a lot of our young lads out on loan.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #24: Jun 09, 2016 09:33:23 pm
      What ever happened to this kid?

He was highly rated, got a cap for wales at the age of 17. Haven't heard a peep about him since.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/harry-wilson/profil/spieler/279455
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #25: Jul 18, 2016 05:17:51 pm
      injured.just back in training this week.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #26: Jul 28, 2016 05:46:11 pm
      Has signed a new long term contract today.  Congrats Harry, very well deserved after such a long lay off.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27: Jul 28, 2016 06:37:52 pm
      Has signed a new long term contract today.  Congrats Harry, very well deserved after such a long lay off.

Probably get sold next week!! ;-)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: Aug 11, 2016 10:26:07 pm
      Congrats to the lad on becoming under-23 captain!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29: Mar 20, 2017 01:39:53 pm
      Congrats to the lad on being called up to the Wales national team after a player pulled out due to injury. Hope he gets the opportunity to shine.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #30: Apr 11, 2017 09:49:36 am
      Another 2 goals last night he can't be far off getting a chance with the senior squad.
      Has been on fire in the U23's and by right probably deserved to start over Woodburn at the weekend.

Hope to see him given more of a chance in the Cups next season.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #31: Apr 11, 2017 10:20:21 am
      Another 2 goals last night he can't be far off getting a chance with the senior squad.
      Has been on fire in the U23's and by right probably deserved to start over Woodburn at the weekend.

Hope to see him given more of a chance in the Cups next season.

Quality player Wilson & one I think we will see more of in the first team next season.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #32: Apr 11, 2017 10:25:56 am
      It's great to see him in old form again. He needs to be given some more first team football at some point whether that's at the end of this season or throughout next season.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33: Apr 17, 2017 05:40:54 pm
      It's great to see him in old form again. He needs to be given some more first team football at some point whether that's at the end of this season or throughout next season.

His his 28th of the season vs Leicester.

Seriously, this guy has shown he is a level above in the u23s, it's time for him to step up and play senior footballer regularly, and I don't see him doing that for us, so I think a year or 2 loan spell would do him the world of good.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #34: Apr 17, 2017 09:31:51 pm
      Think he should come off the bench a few times from now to the end of the season. Scoring very well.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #35: Apr 17, 2017 09:47:07 pm
      His his 28th of the season vs Leicester.

Seriously, this guy has shown he is a level above in the u23s, it's time for him to step up and play senior footballer regularly, and I don't see him doing that for us, so I think a year or 2 loan spell would do him the world of good.

He should be on the bench ahead of Woodburn IMO. The lad has just turned 20, he needs to be given the opportunity to show what he can do at first team level. It'd be good for Woodburn to get him out of the limelight too.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #36: Apr 17, 2017 10:31:17 pm
      He should be on the bench ahead of Woodburn IMO. The lad has just turned 20, he needs to be given the opportunity to show what he can do at first team level. It'd be good for Woodburn to get him out of the limelight too.

Agree with that as I have previously stated.
      He is more of a goal threat when needed off the bench and just a bit more experienced atm than Woodburn who no doubt is a huge talent.

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #37: Apr 17, 2017 10:58:17 pm
      Bit of a head scratcher why he's not been a bit more involved this season
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38: Apr 17, 2017 11:34:55 pm
      Bit of a head scratcher why he's not been a bit more involved this season

Yeah, I don't understand too. Has been out best player in the U23's, yet Ojo & Woodburn seem to be ahead of him?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #39: Apr 17, 2017 11:46:26 pm
      Yeah, I don't understand too. Has been out best player in the U23's, yet Ojo & Woodburn seem to be ahead of him?

Maybe having had a bad time of it with injuries the agreement was a solid season in the unders this year
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #40: Apr 18, 2017 09:51:37 pm
      Doing himself no harm at all.Woodburn to me seems a bit light  footed.Harry more of a aldo?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #41: Apr 24, 2017 12:08:31 pm
      Has he done something to annoy Klopp not even on the bench yesterday!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42: Apr 25, 2017 02:49:09 am
      Would love to see him get some minutes for us as well. At least have him has an option off the bench. We could lose him if he starts to get disgruntled about lack of opportunities when Woodburn, TAA and Brewster are getting a chance ahead of him.

He got 2 last night? Does that take him up to 30 for the Season?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #43: Apr 25, 2017 11:19:07 pm
      Would love to see him get some minutes for us as well. At least have him has an option off the bench. We could lose him if he starts to get disgruntled about lack of opportunities when Woodburn, TAA and Brewster are getting a chance ahead of him.

He got 2 last night? Does that take him up to 30 for the Season?

Nah, Woodburn got two against city.Problem with wilsons goal total is that they are padded out with all the friendly,cup games.He has 12 in the league,3 pens,still the leading scorer,so not a knock on him.Woodburn has 8 now.Wilson was on the bench against Burnley, i think they kinda rotate the youth sub spot,Paulo alves was on the bench recently,and he's miles away from first team to me anyways.But yeah hopefull Wilson gets some first team action before the end of the season.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #44: Apr 25, 2017 11:50:17 pm

Nah, Woodburn got two against city.Problem with wilsons goal total is that they are padded out with all the friendly,cup games.He has 12 in the league,3 pens,still the leading scorer,so not a knock on him.Woodburn has 8 now.Wilson was on the bench against Burnley, i think they kinda rotate the youth sub spot,Paulo alves was on the bench recently,and he's miles away from first team to me anyways.But yeah hopefull Wilson gets some first team action before the end of the season.

Just curious, who has been your u23 player of the season? You have been watching them regularly, haven't you?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #45: Apr 29, 2017 01:16:45 am

Cheers la, thought he had 30 in the League. Thanks for clearing that up. Looks a good prospect, hopefully, come the last day of the Season we have already secured 3rd spot and he can get a game to give us a taste of what's to come.

Quick Reply