Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Harry Wilson (LFC -> Fulham)

Read 79081 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Harry Wilson Player Thread (on loan at Derby County)
      Reply #207: May 18, 2019 11:31:06 am
      Here you lads, was thinking of saving money for elsewhere. Want a top notch CAM. Someone who can put it on a plate for Sadio, Bobby and Mane. Someone not afraid to run at Defenders and take them on.would love to see u hijack RM's bid for Hazzard. Not going to happen, I know, but that's the quality we are looking for so spend big on that position, is a must for me!

I agree, surely we can put in a counter bid for Hazard or is he dead set on going to Madrid?? I would have thought any player would love to play for us at the moment.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #208: May 18, 2019 06:35:01 pm
      I agree, surely we can put in a counter bid for Hazard or is he dead set on going to Madrid?? I would have thought any player would love to play for us at the moment.

I'll have some of what you're smoking.
      Madrid or Liverpool is a no brainer(the city not the club).
      He'll be a star man at Madrid, which will mean he's a star man all over the world. Unfortunately we can't compete with the Madrids and Barca's of the world in terms of pulling power and appeal.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #209: May 18, 2019 09:08:27 pm
      I'll have some of what you're smoking.
      Madrid or Liverpool is a no brainer(the city not the club).
      He'll be a star man at Madrid, which will mean he's a star man all over the world. Unfortunately we can't compete with the Madrids and Barca's of the world in terms of pulling power and appeal.

Yet curiously Citeh are never in danger of players being poached, riddle me that one.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #210: May 18, 2019 09:58:27 pm
      Yet curiously Citeh are never in danger of players being poached, riddle me that one.

Cities players will become available without poaching, after they’ve spent two seasons sitting on the bench.
      There’s a subtle difference with putting up with that for two seasons on £ 250k a week, as aposed to sitting there on only £100k a week.
      Think they are talking about aclearout this summer. Some ageing, but some requesting a move due to lack of minutes.
      That’s the problem with trying to buy top drawer players as cover !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #211: May 21, 2019 02:44:12 pm
      Unfortunately we can't compete with the Madrids and Barca's of the world in terms of pulling power and appeal.

I'm not sure what to do with this statement. (Although I have a couple of ideas).
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #212: May 21, 2019 04:53:40 pm
      Madrid or Liverpool is a no brainer(the city not the club)

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #213: May 21, 2019 05:08:03 pm
      yes of course Liverpool is a complete shithouse despite it being a world Heritage site what do they know oh and if you want a Cathedral we have got one to spare.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #214: May 21, 2019 06:19:49 pm
      Guarantee I'll be visiting Liverpool before I ever set food in Madrid.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #215: May 21, 2019 11:27:05 pm
      Looks a player to me. Worth a shot here but if not then he'll go on to make a good career no doubt.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #216: May 22, 2019 08:25:26 am
      I don’t think he’s good enough mate and Kent is nowhere near good enough.

Agree on Kent.

I think Wilson might make it, but I defo needs to keep playing, another season with derby hopefully in the EPL.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #217: May 22, 2019 08:46:34 am
      Agree on Kent.

I think Wilson might make it, but I defo needs to keep playing, another season with derby hopefully in the EPL.

Great if you’re right mate - more good players the better 👍
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #218: May 22, 2019 09:50:22 pm
      Been speaking to a few people I know that support Derby and when you actually get talking to people who have seen him play all season, it has made me feel far less confident he will be at the club next season. He apparently goes missing from games for weeks on end which isn’t exactly a good sign for a player who would essentially be looking to be of use to us coming off the bench and adding depth. One of the guys worryingly summed him up really; he says all the right things about wanting to perform on the biggest stages etc but lacks the hard work it actually takes to get there. Almost as though he feels he is too good for Derby because he’s scored a few boss goals.

But that’s just the opinion of a couple of guys I’ve spoken to, they’ve seen him play a hell of a lot more than I have so we will see. The fact there seems to be a lot of talk about him being sold does make me think there is substance to what they are saying.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #219: May 23, 2019 10:46:27 am
      Been speaking to a few people I know that support Derby and when you actually get talking to people who have seen him play all season, it has made me feel far less confident he will be at the club next season. He apparently goes missing from games for weeks on end which isn’t exactly a good sign for a player who would essentially be looking to be of use to us coming off the bench and adding depth. One of the guys worryingly summed him up really; he says all the right things about wanting to perform on the biggest stages etc but lacks the hard work it actually takes to get there. Almost as though he feels he is too good for Derby because he’s scored a few boss goals.

But that’s just the opinion of a couple of guys I’ve spoken to, they’ve seen him play a hell of a lot more than I have so we will see. The fact there seems to be a lot of talk about him being sold does make me think there is substance to what they are saying.

A lot of people thought Hull supporters hyping up Robbo we're talking out there ass and look how he turned out so I wouldn't disagree with people who watch Wilson on the regular.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #220: May 23, 2019 11:54:55 am

Exactly what I said earlier. I have seen him in some games and he goes missing too much.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #221: May 23, 2019 12:37:01 pm
      Exactly what I said earlier. I have seen him in some games and he goes missing too much.

Would prefer to judge him in the company of better players
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #222: May 23, 2019 12:42:51 pm
      Been on the Derby Forum this season following Harry and they love the kid. He has played on both wings and through the Centre too.
      He has also scored some very very important and impressive goals.
      If Jürgen thinks he can do a job then its all good but to spend £20 mil on  player we already have for nothing doesn't make sense.
      I think if Derby come up he will stay there he seems a good fit for them.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #223: May 23, 2019 01:09:09 pm
      I really hope we keep him.

I'd sell Shaq to keep him to be honest.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #224: May 23, 2019 04:02:18 pm
      I think Wilson will probably be sold this summer in order to cash in on his form. If we get 20-25M from a team like Bournemouth or Palace (trying to replace Zaha) I'll be happy.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #225: May 23, 2019 05:27:29 pm
      Happy to see him move on but not if we end up spending a similar amount on a player of unknown quality.Its going to be a great summer I cant wait to see what Jürgen has planned. Any player coming in is going to have to be of the very best quality to get anywhere near this team and they don't come cheap these days
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #226: May 24, 2019 12:40:14 am
      Would prefer to judge him in the company of better players

Agreed.

And Jürgen as well.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #227: May 24, 2019 10:47:52 am
      Not so much lacking as just not being exceptional enough to improve us in my opinion.

The bar is high now.

If I were to criticise one thing - and it MAY be harsh - but I’ve thought it a few times watching him - I’m not sure his football IQ is high enough.

He’s quick enough, good left foot, good finisher but seems to run down blind alleys a bit and doesn’t see a pass.

Could be unfair but that’s my tuppenceworth.

I actually agree with Scotia.

I am not sure he has what it takes to consistently challenge for our XI. He wasn't a standout player for Derby either. If we were fighting for top 6, I would consider keeping him and I think he will find his level at a top 10 team rather than a team that is looking to fight for titles.

Selling him for 25m would be a good deal IMO if it means the money will be used to buy a quality versatile forward that Klopp is searching for.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #228: May 24, 2019 10:52:06 am
      I actually agree with Scotia.

I am not sure he has what it takes to consistently challenge for our XI. He wasn't a standout player for Derby either. If we were fighting for top 6, I would consider keeping him and I think he will find his level at a top 10 team rather than a team that is looking to fight for titles.

Selling him for 25m would be a good deal IMO if it means the money will be used to buy a quality versatile forward that Klopp is searching for.

the problem I have is we know what he can do and what he can achieve £25 mil isn't going to get us a first team player especially a forward and maybe its better the devil you know. I expect he will go on Pre Season so Jürgen can have another look unless someone comes in with a silly offer.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #229: May 24, 2019 11:11:36 am
      the problem I have is we know what he can do

Unfortunately we don’t though, being able to pull out a great performance or a boss goal every so often in a team like Derby is a completely different proposition to doing it in the Premier League and with a team like us where there is expectation on every single player. You only have to look at the likes of Fulham who had standout players in the Championship but they got completely taken apart in the Premier League. The Championship is a very tough and competitive league but the step up in quality to the Premier League is massive. Even the likes of Jordan Beckford(?) looked very good in the lower league, smashed it against teams like the Mancs in a cup competition but in the Premier League, he soon vanished.

Wilson is a completely unknown quantity.

£25 mil isn't going to get us a first team player especially a forward and maybe its better the devil you know.

But this summer that won’t be far off getting a player of that description. Not necessarily to say we are after them or anything but Depay is rumoured to be available for £35mill, Bruno Fernandes has been linked with moves for a similar figure and then the likes of Fekir and Werner who are in the final year of contract will go for between 30-40mill IMO.

Selling Wilson at £25mill could be a clever piece of business, especially if we kept him for the season or loaned him to another team in the Premier League and he does fail to hack it, then in a years time we are looking at half that amount.

There’s a lot of concerns about Wilson it seems so IMO, if we get an offer of around £20mill we should be snapping their hands off. Let’s not forget we have Edwards dealing with transfers, if we were to sell Wilson then you can bet your house on Edwards making sure there is a buy back clause for if Wilson does prove his worth in the Premier League.

Quick Reply