Trending Topics

Next match: Sevilla v LFC [Friendly] Sun 21st Jul @ 11:00 pm
      Fenway Park, Boston, USA

Today is the 21st of July and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W1 D3 L0

Harry Wilson Player Thread

Read 20780 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,285 posts | 1177 
      Re: Harry Wilson Player Thread (on loan at Derby County)
      Reply #250: May 27, 2019 06:55:05 pm
      Watched the game today and he had a bit of a nightmare. That being said Super Frank had a bit of a nightmare tactically and it wasnt until they brought on the winger, Marriott and Waghorn that they started to look a threat.

Derby in a real hole next season without all the loanees. I think their eggs were in the basket of promotion this season and spending with the promotion money. Without the Chelsea and Liverpool players they're not great.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 374 
      Reply #251: May 27, 2019 08:01:35 pm
      Watched the game today and he had a bit of a nightmare. That being said Super Frank had a bit of a nightmare tactically and it wasnt until they brought on the winger, Marriott and Waghorn that they started to look a threat.

Derby in a real hole next season without all the loanees. I think their eggs were in the basket of promotion this season and spending with the promotion money. Without the Chelsea and Liverpool players they're not great.

Think it was Marriot who changed the game against Leeds. So much for celebrating the victory against Leeds, then not playing the guy who scored 2 goals in the previous.

As for Wilson, his numbers in Championship alone would be enough to get him on a loan or a move to a premier league. Both of which is good for us.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,885 posts | 3647 
      Reply #252: May 27, 2019 09:02:54 pm
      Villa were hard on Wilson as he was there only real quality player up front. But Villa were so much better all over the park and Derby looked lost . Ashley Cole at left back and Tom Huddleston isn't a club going forward.
      Remember Mo at his age?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,483 posts | 2490 
      Reply #253: May 28, 2019 08:07:28 am
      Not sure what his role was today. Too deep to have an effect

Lampard has done that in a few games this season when I’ve watched them.

Harry has talent but he doesn’t look like a natural CAM to me - needs to be further forward.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,306 posts | 1815 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #254: May 28, 2019 08:37:11 am
      Lampard has done that in a few games this season when I’ve watched them.

Harry has talent but he doesn’t look like a natural CAM to me - needs to be further forward.

Agreed,  didn't get bennett over Marriott and or waghorn. Huddlestone and johnson in midfield were awful. Mount was very quiet too. Got a feeling harry will be farmed out or sold.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,607 posts | 1238 
      Re: Harry Wilson Player Thread
      Reply #255: Jul 04, 2019 09:24:00 pm
      There's been no concrete interest in Wilson as yet, I wonder if he will get a decent run out during this pre-season? Got to be worth a look I think given the season he had last year
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,445 posts | 740 
      Reply #256: Jul 05, 2019 01:22:22 am
      There's been no concrete interest in Wilson as yet, I wonder if he will get a decent run out during this pre-season? Got to be worth a look I think given the season he had last year

Somewhere it was written that Klopp would give Harry a chance to make an impression in these first five friendlies, with our top forwards all absent. Not sure if the idea after that (if he doesn't convince Jürgen) is to loan him again or try to sell him.
      Scottbot

• 7,607 posts | 1238 
      Reply #257: Jul 05, 2019 08:43:24 am
      Somewhere it was written that Klopp would give Harry a chance to make an impression in these first five friendlies, with our top forwards all absent. Not sure if the idea after that (if he doesn't convince Jürgen) is to loan him again or try to sell him.

I hope he does well and solves the depth issue up top. I’ve watched a few of his games for derby last season and he has impressed. If he doesn’t stick after pre season I would suspect someone will come in To buy him rather than a loan deal
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,885 posts | 3647 
      Reply #258: Jul 05, 2019 09:45:45 am
      I hope he does well and solves the depth issue up top. I’ve watched a few of his games for derby last season and he has impressed. If he doesn’t stick after pre season I would suspect someone will come in To buy him rather than a loan deal

Just look at how Mo developed once he started playing regularly in Italy. He has some amazing qualities lets see if Jürgen thinks he has enough to be a positive contribution to the squad.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,819 posts | 3425 
      Reply #259: Jul 05, 2019 12:07:34 pm
      I think this kid may end up being a sell with a buy back inserted. But pre-season will be telling. He really has to make a huge mark. Remember Grujic had a really great pre-season a few years back and he still can't stay on our team.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,445 posts | 740 
      Reply #260: Jul 05, 2019 03:17:59 pm

That may be his wish too, as in 1)play with Liverpool, 2) permanent move, 3) loan out.

If he is loaned, i hope it is to a top flight clu. We know he can do well in the Championship. How would he fare in the premiership of a top Euro league?
      Scottbot

• 7,607 posts | 1238 
      Reply #261: Jul 08, 2019 11:13:23 pm
      That may be his wish too, as in 1)play with Liverpool, 2) permanent move, 3) loan out.

If he is loaned, i hope it is to a top flight clu. We know he can do well in the Championship. How would he fare in the premiership of a top Euro league?

If he doesn't stick I think a sale would be by far the best option and then put the money towards someone the manager likes. He will have some ops in pre-season with the front three all late back so let's hope he has a blinder
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,885 posts | 3647 
      Reply #262: Jul 11, 2019 06:56:35 pm
      Look at Divok what a great lad he has turned out to be and so important to us and a player who is improving all the time.
      I guess its down to numbers we cant have too many players with "potential" we really need to strengthen the squad but only with the very best quality which isn't going to be easy. I hope he stays but he is going to have to really show Jürgen he is worth keeping

Quick Reply