Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Harry Wilson (LFC -> Fulham)

Read 79099 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Harry Wilson Player Thread (on loan at Derby County)
      Reply #253: May 28, 2019 08:07:28 am
      Not sure what his role was today. Too deep to have an effect

Lampard has done that in a few games this season when I’ve watched them.

Harry has talent but he doesn’t look like a natural CAM to me - needs to be further forward.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Harry Wilson Player Thread (on loan at Derby County)
      Reply #254: May 28, 2019 08:37:11 am
      Lampard has done that in a few games this season when I’ve watched them.

Harry has talent but he doesn’t look like a natural CAM to me - needs to be further forward.

Agreed,  didn't get bennett over Marriott and or waghorn. Huddlestone and johnson in midfield were awful. Mount was very quiet too. Got a feeling harry will be farmed out or sold.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Harry Wilson Player Thread
      Reply #255: Jul 04, 2019 09:24:00 pm
      There's been no concrete interest in Wilson as yet, I wonder if he will get a decent run out during this pre-season? Got to be worth a look I think given the season he had last year
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #256: Jul 05, 2019 01:22:22 am
      There's been no concrete interest in Wilson as yet, I wonder if he will get a decent run out during this pre-season? Got to be worth a look I think given the season he had last year

Somewhere it was written that Klopp would give Harry a chance to make an impression in these first five friendlies, with our top forwards all absent. Not sure if the idea after that (if he doesn't convince Jürgen) is to loan him again or try to sell him.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #257: Jul 05, 2019 08:43:24 am
      Somewhere it was written that Klopp would give Harry a chance to make an impression in these first five friendlies, with our top forwards all absent. Not sure if the idea after that (if he doesn't convince Jürgen) is to loan him again or try to sell him.

I hope he does well and solves the depth issue up top. I’ve watched a few of his games for derby last season and he has impressed. If he doesn’t stick after pre season I would suspect someone will come in To buy him rather than a loan deal
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #258: Jul 05, 2019 09:45:45 am
      I hope he does well and solves the depth issue up top. I’ve watched a few of his games for derby last season and he has impressed. If he doesn’t stick after pre season I would suspect someone will come in To buy him rather than a loan deal

Just look at how Mo developed once he started playing regularly in Italy. He has some amazing qualities lets see if Jürgen thinks he has enough to be a positive contribution to the squad.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #259: Jul 05, 2019 12:07:34 pm
      I think this kid may end up being a sell with a buy back inserted. But pre-season will be telling. He really has to make a huge mark. Remember Grujic had a really great pre-season a few years back and he still can't stay on our team.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #260: Jul 05, 2019 03:17:59 pm

That may be his wish too, as in 1)play with Liverpool, 2) permanent move, 3) loan out.

If he is loaned, i hope it is to a top flight clu. We know he can do well in the Championship. How would he fare in the premiership of a top Euro league?
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #261: Jul 08, 2019 11:13:23 pm
      That may be his wish too, as in 1)play with Liverpool, 2) permanent move, 3) loan out.

If he is loaned, i hope it is to a top flight clu. We know he can do well in the Championship. How would he fare in the premiership of a top Euro league?

If he doesn't stick I think a sale would be by far the best option and then put the money towards someone the manager likes. He will have some ops in pre-season with the front three all late back so let's hope he has a blinder
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #262: Jul 11, 2019 06:56:35 pm
      Look at Divok what a great lad he has turned out to be and so important to us and a player who is improving all the time.
      I guess its down to numbers we cant have too many players with "potential" we really need to strengthen the squad but only with the very best quality which isn't going to be easy. I hope he stays but he is going to have to really show Jürgen he is worth keeping
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #263: Jul 31, 2019 12:23:10 pm
      Few rumours suggesting young Wilson will be on his way. Apparently Newcastle were keen but could not get him on loan as he is only available to buy. Latest rumour suggests Bournemouth are about to shell £25 million for him. I really hoped he might make the breakthrough at LFC this season, particularly given our quiet transfer business this summer. 
      Ireland333
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 13 
      Reply #264: Jul 31, 2019 03:20:49 pm
      Be better keep Wilson and sell Adam who on last year and Adam who injury most time find bit strange one let him Kent go
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #265: Jul 31, 2019 04:27:46 pm
      Am I in the minority that isn't that bothered if Wilson leaves?

He's 22 now and each pre season he really doesn't shine enough to make me think he is the quality we are looking for.

Good player who'll have a good career but a fair bit away from what we need.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #266: Jul 31, 2019 04:49:30 pm

He's 22 now and each pre season he really doesn't shine enough to make me think he is the quality we are looking for.

I'm with ya, boss. Sell him and possibly use that money to bring in a last minute transfer that we can use to rotate up front.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #267: Jul 31, 2019 04:51:16 pm
      I think 20m-25m is a great piece of business for the club though if the club isn't going to invest in buying a new wide player rather see him given a shot to show if he can cut it at this level.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #268: Jul 31, 2019 04:53:15 pm
      Hope the money goes towards signing Werner.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #269: Jul 31, 2019 10:40:44 pm
      Hope he stays. Seems ahead of Brewster at this point so at least keep him until January and see what transpires. Looked today like he can keep up physically. I never had a question about his technique.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #270: Jul 31, 2019 10:47:57 pm
      We all know he can strike the ball beautifully but again outside of that was on the periphery of the game, just doesn’t get involved enough yet to move his game to the next level.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #271: Aug 01, 2019 06:19:19 pm

Agree scoring a banger every 10 games not enough . Watched a bit of him pre season and all round game and involvement lacking at times I would say Just not quite the level we need
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #272: Aug 02, 2019 06:53:50 am
      He can be a good back-up but nothing special. To be honest, ironically, I would be happy to keep him and to sell him too :/
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #273: Aug 06, 2019 01:32:39 pm
      I'd be surprised if he was still a Liverpool player in, I don't know, 2 years or so

Never going to actually play for us, is he? On his way to Bournemouth it seems.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #274: Aug 06, 2019 01:37:33 pm
      I just think Klopp doesn't fancy him. Simple as that.

Probably thinks he would be a passenger on the wing and we have too many options in midfield.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #275: Aug 06, 2019 04:17:42 pm
      Would rather keep him than Lallana but I think it’s a case of pre-season was a chance for him to really stake a claim to be here but aside from a boss goal and an assist, he was anonymous for large parts.

Quick Reply