Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Harry Wilson (LFC -> Fulham)

Read 79082 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Harry Wilson Player Thread (on loan at Bournemouth)
      Reply #299: Sep 28, 2019 04:58:02 pm
      Wrong Wilson, it was Callum that scored.

Harry had a very poor game.
      Ah my bad  :lmao:
      Was thinking about the lad then heard the name had scored 😂
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #300: Sep 29, 2019 10:39:34 pm
      Obviously if he’s scoring goals then he’s doing the main thing, but yeah his overall performance has been average at best today, got a cheap yellow card too.

Take the goals away he has scored so far and he hasn’t shown anything in his overall play to suggest he’s got what it takes to make it with us. Early days for him though, long way to go this season.

I’m saying something very similar about Salah and you’re slating me
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #301: Sep 30, 2019 07:48:15 am

Salah the player who has over 70 goals and 20 assists in 2 seasons and been an integral part of our success and improvement

Or Harry Wilson, the player who’s been out on loan and massively inconsistent.

Yeah I see the similarities. Get a grip, you’re getting slated because you’re talking bollocks and trying to use my comment on Harry Wilson to justify it is pathetic, it’s completely different ends of the spectrum.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #302: Sep 30, 2019 11:58:49 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :mad: :mad:
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #303: Oct 01, 2019 01:27:54 am
      Salah the player who has over 70 goals and 20 assists in 2 seasons and been an integral part of our success and improvement

Or Harry Wilson, the player who’s been out on loan and massively inconsistent.

Yeah I see the similarities. Get a grip, you’re getting slated because you’re talking bollocks and trying to use my comment on Harry Wilson to justify it is pathetic, it’s completely different ends of the spectrum.

It’s not about what Salah has done it’s about what he’s doing now. You think shankly, Paisley, Moran et al were interested in players form 2 years previous? He’s been garbage most of the games I’ve seen him in this season/this year. If you think he’s been good and that’s your standard then fine
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #304: Oct 01, 2019 07:08:09 am

It’s not about what Salah has done it’s about what he’s doing now. You think shankly, Paisley, Moran et al were interested in players form 2 years previous? He’s been garbage most of the games I’ve seen him in this season/this year. If you think he’s been good and that’s your standard then fine

Get a grip Alfie, this is a reoccurring issue you have and now you are spilling it over into other topics. Literally all but about 1 of your last 15/16 posts has been bitching about Salah. 7/7 and this is all you have to talk about when you are on here. Like I said, get a grip.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #305: Dec 01, 2019 10:56:45 am
      Got two crackers yesterday the free kick was simply superb. Lets hope he develops whilst playing for Bournemouth. He definitely has some great qualities and hopefully like Mo a good season and a bit more maturity and confidence will see him move up a couple of levels and become a regular.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #306: Dec 01, 2019 11:32:53 pm
      Got two crackers yesterday the free kick was simply superb. Lets hope he develops whilst playing for Bournemouth. He definitely has some great qualities and hopefully like Mo a good season and a bit more maturity and confidence will see him move up a couple of levels and become a regular.

He's definitely quality when it comes to having the ball at this feet. I think the missing element for him from Klopp's perspective is getting stuck in with the press and doing the hard work in protecting the defensive half of his flank. Of course playing Premier League matches every week will be of so much  more uses to him than staying with our U23s.

It could all be a setup to being sold, but I hope it works out for him to get a real chance with our first team.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #307: Dec 02, 2019 10:50:47 am
      He's definitely quality when it comes to having the ball at this feet. I think the missing element for him from Klopp's perspective is getting stuck in with the press and doing the hard work in protecting the defensive half of his flank. Of course playing Premier League matches every week will be of so much  more uses to him than staying with our U23s.

It could all be a setup to being sold, but I hope it works out for him to get a real chance with our first team.

He reminds me a bit of Mo when he was younger and look how he developed once he got some playing time in and his confidence grew.
      I don't think he is anywhere near our first X1 but look at our bench surely he would have been close to that. its that old nutmeg of how to get these young lads upto first team quality without actually playing in the first team
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #308: Dec 02, 2019 10:56:30 am
      He reminds me a bit of Mo when he was younger and look how he developed once he got some playing time in and his confidence grew.
      I don't think he is anywhere near our first X1 but look at our bench surely he would have been close to that. its that old nutmeg of how to get these young lads upto first team quality without actually playing in the first team

do you mean old chestnut? Anyway I think he is developing very nicely at Bournemouth, perhaps by next season he could start featuring for us.

BTW does anyone know what's happened to the next big thing Brewster, is he injured or is he just not developing in the right way? Would be so good to have another quality attacking option
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #309: Dec 13, 2019 03:29:12 pm
      Anyway I think he is developing very nicely at Bournemouth, perhaps by next season he could start featuring for us.

Far from it, expect he will be sold in the summer. Know several Bournemouth supporters and they are fed up with his half arsed and inconsistent performances, something I know Derby fans were saying last season.
      From what I’m hearing they think it’s all well and good he pops up with a boss goal every now and again but they need much more than that from him. A reason why he is likely in and out of team from one week to the next because if he doesn’t score a boss goal, then you wouldn’t have even known he’d been on the pitch. Would expect him to be standing out in a team that’s struggling but he’s not.

He will become a Premier League standard player but will never be good enough for us. He’s getting on for 23 now, he’s past the stage of just potential, he should now be showing a lot more than he is. He should have stepped up and become Bournemouth’s key player but he’s far from it.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #310: Dec 14, 2019 07:14:27 am
      Will get around 20 mil for him in the summer.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #311: Jun 09, 2020 05:44:12 am
      I see us bringing in Adama and having the likes of Lallana and possibly Shaq leaving. However, rumor is business will be light. Where does Harry fit it if all things remain relatively the same next season?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #312: Jun 09, 2020 06:43:12 am
      Wilson Shaq and Grujic if all sold would raise around 50 million I'd guess between them and along with Lallana and Clyne leaving having ran out their contracts, free up money for 1 big transfer if we so desire.

But then again it would have done for Werner so why would we do it for someone else like Adama if Timo was the #1 target?

Think this could be a very quiet window you know in which case the likes of Shaq and Wilson may well stay as the following season could become more cramped than this one and they may get game time.
      « Last Edit: Jun 09, 2020 06:50:05 am by fields of anny rd »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #313: Jun 09, 2020 07:52:11 am
      I see us bringing in Adama and having the likes of Lallana and possibly Shaq leaving. However, rumor is business will be light. Where does Harry fit it if all things remain relatively the same next season?

Well Lallana is leaving anyway isn't he or might we offer him a 1 year extension now?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #314: Jun 09, 2020 12:16:22 pm
      Wilson Shaq and Grujic if all sold would raise around 50 million I'd guess between them and along with Lallana and Clyne leaving having ran out their contracts, free up money for 1 big transfer if we so desire.

But then again it would have done for Werner so why would we do it for someone else like Adama if Timo was the #1 target?

Think this could be a very quiet window you know in which case the likes of Shaq and Wilson may well stay as the following season could become more cramped than this one and they may get game time.

Problem is mate, if no bugger has any money, or they're keeping the purse strings tight until they know what's happening with Covid, who will buy them?

If our finances are in a bit of a sh*t state because of this virus, and we're one of the best run clubs, how are others faring, who are not as well run?

As I said in another thread, gate receipts accounts for between 15 and 20% of revenue.
      Our wages are on the lower side at 58 (ish) percent of turnover.

I just don't see any clubs without mega rich owners laying out much money, and if they do, they still need to watch FFP.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #315: Jun 09, 2020 12:49:34 pm
      Problem is mate, if no bugger has any money, or they're keeping the purse strings tight until they know what's happening with Covid, who will buy them?

If our finances are in a bit of a sh*t state because of this virus, and we're one of the best run clubs, how are others faring, who are not as well run?

As I said in another thread, gate receipts accounts for between 15 and 20% of revenue.
      Our wages are on the lower side at 58 (ish) percent of turnover.

I just don't see any clubs without mega rich owners laying out much money, and if they do, they still need to watch FFP.

FFP is a good point, if Chelsea are making the same operating losses as us, and there's not reason to assume they aren't, then how in the hell can they justify splashing all this cash?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #316: Jun 09, 2020 01:45:41 pm
      Wilson maybe kept around, hes a homegrown player, and were losing likes of lallana & shaq, so unless we buy someone theres defo a spot in the squad.

Defo could be an interesting Impact sub, he knows where the goal is for sure.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #317: Jun 09, 2020 05:55:30 pm
      Well Lallana is leaving anyway isn't he or might we offer him a 1 year extension now?

Seems to be nailed on to sign for Leicester
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #318: Jun 09, 2020 06:21:36 pm
      Wilson maybe kept around, hes a homegrown player, and were losing likes of lallana & shaq, so unless we buy someone theres defo a spot in the squad.

Defo could be an interesting Impact sub, he knows where the goal is for sure.

Shaq is more likely to stay than Wilson IMO. If we don’t sign anyone this summer then it makes no sense to move Shaq on. He’s been injured for most of the season but last season he did deliver at important times. Would make much more sense to keep him than it would Wilson.

Obviously Wilson is a homegrown player as you say but he’s no real benefit for that, the only only homegrown player we are likely to lose is Lallana, because Clyne hasn’t been registered (which is why he’s training on his own at the academy).

Wouldn’t be against Wilson staying if we don’t sign anyone, purely add a bit of depth to the team for the cup games. But I kind of think we will look to sell him next summer instead, hopefully the world will be normal again then and we would likely get more money for him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #319: Jun 09, 2020 06:35:30 pm
      Shaq is more likely to stay than Wilson IMO. If we don’t sign anyone this summer then it makes no sense to move Shaq on. He’s been injured for most of the season but last season he did deliver at important times. Would make much more sense to keep him than it would Wilson.

Obviously Wilson is a homegrown player as you say but he’s no real benefit for that, the only only homegrown player we are likely to lose is Lallana, because Clyne hasn’t been registered (which is why he’s training on his own at the academy).

Wouldn’t be against Wilson staying if we don’t sign anyone, purely add a bit of depth to the team for the cup games. But I kind of think we will look to sell him next summer instead, hopefully the world will be normal again then and we would likely get more money for him.

Would make sense to keep as many players as possible if we can't sign anyone.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #320: Jun 09, 2020 06:54:31 pm
      Would make sense to keep as many players as possible if we can't sign anyone.

If that’s the case then may as well keep Clyne!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #321: Jun 09, 2020 11:25:29 pm
      If that’s the case then may as well keep Clyne!

Yeah, if he's fit, why not give him a 1 year extension, senior player, can cover both flanks.

Quick Reply