Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Buying the next big thing

Read 11188 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Buying the next big thing
      Reply #69: Oct 23, 2013 10:32:09 pm
      Fabian Delph could be decent cover for us. Hardly the next big thing like but if we are wanting energy in midfield and a bit of bite he's worth the peanuts it would cost to sign him.

Again though a bad injury record and has the Lucas like habit (only worse) of being cautioned all the time.

Ravel Morrison is the next big thing if he gets his head down for West Ham. A lot of Mancs I know rave about him, but he thought he was a gangster and had to leave Manchester in the end.

He is very talented and will probably end up on the plane to Rio.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #70: Oct 23, 2013 10:36:54 pm
      Fabian Delph could be decent cover for us. Hardly the next big thing like but if we are wanting energy in midfield and a bit of bite he's worth the peanuts it would cost to sign him.

Again though a bad injury record and has the Lucas like habit (only worse) of being cautioned all the time.

Ravel Morrison is the next big thing if he gets his head down for West Ham. A lot of Mancs I know rave about him, but he thought he was a gangster and had to leave Manchester in the end.

He is very talented and will probably end up on the plane to Rio.

If we're looking at Villa players, I really like Wiemann.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #71: Oct 23, 2013 10:54:56 pm
      If we're looking at Villa players, I really like Wiemann.

Yeah, he's a tricky customer with a touch of class about him.

My other tips, Berahino from West Brom  and Tom Carroll from Spuds. Think he will flourish in the same way Aaron Ramsey is now for Arsenal.

I also read a piece on the Murphy twins from Norwich who are both supposed to be good prospects and my Palace mate swears by a lad called Alassani.

All English talent  :gt-happyup:
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #72: Oct 24, 2013 12:56:22 am
      I still think Hughes looks the pick of the bunch. As for Rodwell, I'm not sure he really fits the profile of this thread but if he can keep himself fit he can certainly be a player. He fits the modern prototype of a big strong DM and he has some nice passing range as well. He's no Yaya Toure but he does have a physical advantage on the lads we have got such as Lucas and Henderson.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #73: Oct 25, 2013 06:49:54 pm
      Who's the next big thing that isn't so big he'd cost us £50m?
      If I were buying the next big thing (and going on what we "need"): a left-sided 'attacker'; less than £50m? El Shaarawy.  :gt-happyup:

Central midfielder? I'll whisper this one quietly but I like the look of, ex-Manc, Paul Pogba.  Oh and I'll throw in Iker Muniain as a wee bonus.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #74: Oct 25, 2013 06:53:37 pm
      If I were buying the next big thing (and going on what we "need"): a left-sided 'attacker'; less than £50m? El Shaarawy.  :gt-happyup:

Central midfielder? I'll whisper this one quietly but I like the look of, ex-Manc, Paul Pogba.  Oh and I'll throw in Iker Muniain as a wee bonus.

No whisper about Pogba he is already a big thing
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #75: Oct 25, 2013 06:56:26 pm

Cannot for a moment believe Milan will let El Shaarawy go, would be an amazing signing for us.

Pogba is a bit of a beast isn't he, 20 years old and going to be a real star and Muniain I've been a fan for a while. Big yes please for any of those, big lack of belief we'll get any :(
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #76: Oct 25, 2013 06:58:58 pm
      No whisper about Pogba he is already a big thing
      The "whisper" bit was about me 'liking' an ex-Manc - I thought that was clear: obviously not.

"Already a big thing"... alright but not for us. I thought that's what this thread was about: obviously not. So that's me zero for two... ah well, back to the drawing board.  ;D
      « Last Edit: Oct 25, 2013 07:15:00 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #77: Oct 25, 2013 07:40:30 pm
      The "whisper" bit was about me 'liking' an ex-Manc - I thought that was clear: obviously not.

"Already a big thing"... alright but not for us. I thought that's what this thread was about: obviously not. So that's me zero for two... ah well, back to the drawing board.  ;D

:D

Cheers mate.

Quick Reply