Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Newcastle 2 - 2 Liverpool - post match frustration

Read 39947 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Newcastle 2 - 2 Liverpool - post match frustration
      Reply #414: Oct 19, 2013 03:09:37 pm
      I'd be interested to know how many shots we had off target today.

If it wasn't for a bit of magic from Suarez and Sturridge today, we would have been on the end of a defeat. It's simply not acceptable for LFC. Other players need to take a bit of responsibility.

Said the same thing at the beginning of the season and the problem is still there, perhaps BR has forgotten that others will need to chip in with the goals. Assuming that Suarez packed his bags in Jan and Sturridge got injured, who's going to get the goals? It's scary, very scary.

Said it all along BR must put a minimum number of goals for each player to score and must be reflected in the bonus, otherwise, players will take it easy and not train harder. That's the reason we have seen shots hitting just about anything except the back of the net, and that's shocking. Don't they have shooting practice in training? Perhaps we've overspent our time on dribbling and passing side and backwards in training which is clearly seen in today's game.

BR must start doing something serious about this.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #415: Oct 19, 2013 03:09:54 pm
      Completely negative, massively depressive, totally dismissive, completely f**king obsessed with Borini (mentioned him in this thread), and if we were in a pub I'd have probably told him f**k off to his face by now.

Odd that you are more irritated by other posters than by the disrespect shown to our club today by the players making millions of pounds a year. 
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #416: Oct 19, 2013 03:14:07 pm
      Odd that you are more irritated by other posters than by the disrespect shown to our club today by the players making millions of pounds a year.
      That's because I still have a lot of hope for our team and fully expect them to improve
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #417: Oct 19, 2013 03:14:51 pm
      A lacklustre display with no energy or urgency. Silly mistakes and wrong decisions all over the park throughout.

Its arguable whether we even deserved the point but we got it of which is just about the only positive I can take from that today.

Its all well saying that although we haven't been playing that well we are still up there. If performances don't improve it will go tits up rather soon.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #418: Oct 19, 2013 03:16:25 pm
      Let's do that. The players are tired. Do cut them some slack.

If you do a lot of work over the course of a week and then do bad at work next time your in would your boss cut you some slack?

These are footballers getting paid more in a week than what we all earn in a year and then people say about them feeling sluggish after an extra game one week and basically use it as an excuse...bollocks! For that amount of money I expect them to be fit and going 100% every game!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #419: Oct 19, 2013 03:17:31 pm
      That's because I still have a lot of hope for our team and fully expect them to improve

Whereas you think their is no hope of the poster at the other end of that equation improving at all.  :D ;D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      Reply #420: Oct 19, 2013 03:19:49 pm
      Whereas you think their is no hope of the poster at the other end of that equation improving at all.  :D ;D
      Absolutely bang on
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #421: Oct 19, 2013 03:32:43 pm

You're ignoring the main point, it was not merely that we played poorly today, it was that the players showed that they didn't care about the fact that they were playing poorly.  They weren't even trying.

This doesn't bother you it seems.  Ok then.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,940 posts | 285 
      Reply #422: Oct 19, 2013 03:41:59 pm
      That's the bigger picture, Si. When I have calmed down, I'll probably be thinking along the same lines. Frustrated to f**k at the minute though!
      By the time you calm down, we wont be top of the league anymore...
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      Reply #423: Oct 19, 2013 03:46:10 pm
      You're ignoring the main point,
      The point was not missed. The point, my point, was that you are a total moanbag. Your point was irrelevant.

it was not merely that we played poorly today, it was that the players showed that they didn't care about the fact that they were playing poorly.  They weren't even trying.
      Again, irrelevant (see above). But how do you know they didn't care? I find it crazy that this line of reasoning gets bandied about so much. Perhaps they didn't care, or perhaps they just had an off day, or were knackered, or both.

This doesn't bother you it seems.  Ok then.
      Stay on target. You've dreamed up an incorrect premise (the point that was never the point) and are now seeking to bang me over the head with your incorrect premise. That's called a 'non sequitar' (i.e. 'it does not follow')

So just to clarify, the point I was discussing was you being a constant whinger and nothing else (you care to dream up)
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #424: Oct 19, 2013 03:47:29 pm
      Interesting comments. We all see things differently, but from what I've read, if Moses scored a hat trick at the end, people would still have been saying "but he was poor for most of the match", "Rodgers should have taken him off at half time" etc

Sturridge wasted chances. Suarez too. <--- that will come as a shock to some.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      Reply #425: Oct 19, 2013 03:50:00 pm
      Interesting comments. We all see things differently, but from what I've read, if Moses scored a hat trick at the end, people would still have been saying "but he was poor for most of the match", "Rodgers should have taken him off at half time" etc

Sturridge wasted chances. Suarez too. <--- that will come as a shock to some.
      It will Dan, because to be honest, I can't recall one instance when Suarez wasted a chance. He was good today and unlucky not to score.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #426: Oct 19, 2013 03:53:21 pm
      Maybe he was referred to the one where he hit the bar, was a bad miss for a player of Suarez's quality for me. Only one of top of my head that you thought he should have scored.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #427: Oct 19, 2013 03:59:00 pm
      Maybe he was referred to the one where he hit the bar, was a bad miss for a player of Suarez's quality for me. Only one of top of my head that you thought he should have scored.

Really? Hitting the woodwork is pure bad luck mate, unless its an open goal or something. Not a bad miss for any player when they run on and hit that sort of ball first time with a lot of power.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #428: Oct 19, 2013 04:01:54 pm
      Yes really, was a bad miss Krul was out of the game (stood giving 2/3rds of goal) to a world class player. Yes it was fired across but like I said a player of Suarez's talent should be scoring there. I thought Suarez gave a decent 7/10 today and was by no means in the top 5 of our most wasteful players but for me he should have scored in that instance.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #429: Oct 19, 2013 04:03:03 pm
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #430: Oct 19, 2013 04:05:59 pm
      it seemed like a typical post international break performance and to be honest a point is better than nothing especially taking us to the top of the league.
      Move on to the next game nothing to be gained by pulling this performance apart.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      Reply #431: Oct 19, 2013 04:10:54 pm
      Have to disagree. It was up around his waist and he tried to adjust. I think it's a bit harsh to say he 'should' have scored
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #432: Oct 19, 2013 04:11:22 pm
      Poor first half and then a disappointing failure to capitalise on a weakened team in the second. Frustrating day but still another point away. Can't believe we didn't get the third at the end, even if we didnt deserve it. We rely on Suarez and Sturridge a lot but they do tend to deliver, both missed chances but played well. Gerrard was also excellent, loved the stare at Krul after his penalty. Well done Stevie on the 100 mark... Don't think Henderson's chances of retaining his place were done any favours with his below par performance. Cissokho and Sakho both seemed fine in open play, but went to sleep at the back post for their second. A lot of new faces in the back line so I'm hoping this set piece weakness is down to teething problems and can be sorted out.

Still, top of the league.. for half an hour or so. ;)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      Reply #433: Oct 19, 2013 04:11:29 pm
      Yes really, was a bad miss Krul was out of the game (stood giving 2/3rds of goal) to a world class player. Yes it was fired across but like I said a player of Suarez's talent should be scoring there. I thought Suarez gave a decent 7/10 today and was by no means in the top 5 of our most wasteful players but for me he should have scored in that instance.

He's human, he'll miss now and again
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      Reply #434: Oct 19, 2013 04:11:54 pm
       I think some people can’t see passed the 10 men issue; it makes our draw look very poor as a result. We all know how it is against 10 men, you expect to run riot but it never ever happens. The result was ok, the performance wasn’t. There’s a subtle difference there and this business is ultimately about results.

Did not lose – Plus
      We did not lose away from home in the Prem - Plus
       We will definitely be in the top four at 4:45 - Plus
       Lost just the once all season – Plus
      Mignolet was not to blame for the first goal (unsighted) or second goal (world class keeper) - Plus
       Moses looked much better when he was put back out wide - Plus
       Alberto looked very good when he came on and should start if Coutinho is still out next game – Plus
      Coutinho back very soon – Plus
      Suarez is the best player in the world and we have him – Plus :D
       Performance vs 10 men –  negative

I dunno, I should be gutted, and truth be told, I am a little disappointed, but on reflection I'm just so glad we didn't lose. If we'd have lost that it would have put a massive downer on morale, but end of the day we drew away from home in the Prem. True it didn’t look good against 10 men but they basically shut up shop when they scored their 2nd goal. Also, I’m reluctant to mention it but the internationals will have an effect on players and it definitely did (in my opinion)

Whilst it’s probably unfair to single out any one player after that lack lustre performance, I am now utterly and totally convinced that Henderson should not be playing for us. Don’t care about his runs, his energy, his closing down etc, he’s got not end product. If Alberto can weigh in with some off the ball defending (and he might be able to for all I know), then Henderson gets dropped.

I wouldn't have taken that result before kick off but seeing how things panned out, I'd take it now. Every season you’re going to lose/draw games you should have won and you are going to win games you should have lost/drawn – that’s football.

We all know the reality is we are hanging on to shirt tails just trying to stay top of the league, and that we really shouldn’t’ be where we are (unless you know something I don’t) – so keeping that in mind, the bigger picture says we’re doing really well and I know a good few teams would love to swap their problems for ours right now.

All that and if Suarez was inches lower on his half volley or inches wider on his last second free kick, we’re bagging all three points. Some saying he should have scored because he is that good have to accept he's only human and that he can't score all the time

Every minute we stay in the top four the more important a January window becomes

Anyone else think Gerrard has looked depressed these last two weeks?
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #435: Oct 19, 2013 04:15:25 pm
      It seemed like the internationals done us no favours, Suarez was sluggish with his touches which is understadable due to his long travels across the globe, sturridge quiet too until his goal. Im happy with a point considering......
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #436: Oct 19, 2013 04:29:38 pm
      This game showed up why we need more of a contribution from midfield, can't rely on SAS to win every game for us. Unfortunately Henderson has again shown he lacks the top quality needed at this level. On a plus thought Alberto was great and it was not until he came on that we started to play a bit.

Quick Reply