Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The Next 10 Games...

Read 24664 times
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Re: The Next 10 Games...
      Reply #138: Feb 02, 2014 09:49:45 pm
      It's above the 2 points a game average we are after.

We've got difficult home games coming up and, if we don't beat the shitty small clubs away, then we could be conceding fourth to one of the shitters behind us
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #139: Feb 03, 2014 10:51:15 am
      Anybody know when Sakho is back?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #140: Feb 03, 2014 11:16:21 am
      Anybody know when Enrique is back?
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #141: Feb 03, 2014 12:55:28 pm
      Anybody know when Johnson is back?  :D
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #142: Feb 13, 2014 10:50:21 pm

Swansea (h)
      Southampton (a)
      Sunderland (h)
      Man Utd (a)
      Cardiff (a)
      Tottenham (h)
      West Ham (a)
      Man City (h)
      Norwich (a)
      Chelsea (h)
      Palace (a)
      Newcastle (h)

Liverpool:
      Key away fixtures: Man Utd
      Key home fixtures: Tottenham, Man City, Chelsea

Man Utd:
      Key away fixtures: Everton
      Key home fixtures: Man City, Liverpool

Man City:
      Key away: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton
      Key home:

Chelsea:
      Key away: Liverpool
      Key home: Everton, Arsenal, Tottenham

Arsenal:
      Key away: Chelsea, Tottenham, Everton
      Key home: Man City

Spurs:
      Key away: Liverpool, Chelsea,
      Key home: Arsenal

Everton:
      Key away: Chelsea
      Key home: Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal

Some tough fixtures remaining, with the spuds somehow on our tail! We can't afford to drop silly points from now on.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #143: Feb 13, 2014 10:55:33 pm
      Man City has brutal away fixtures....door is open for us or Chelsea.

I honestly think Arsenal is going to finish 4th or 5th..dont't know why but I do.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #144: Feb 14, 2014 08:50:58 pm
      I honestly think Arsenal is going to finish 4th or 5th..dont't know why but I do.

Agree, I been thinking lately, we might make 3rd and 4th will be fought out by Arse and Spuds.
      Think it might depend on our F.A cup result tomorrow. If we beat Arse, I think they might go into free fall.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #145: Feb 16, 2014 10:06:38 pm
      Remaining 12 games for top four

Chelsea:

Everton (h) 3pts
      Fulham (a) 3pts
      Spurs (h) 3pts
      Villa (a) 3pts
      Arsenal (h) 3pts
      Palace (a) 1pt
      Stoke (h) 3pts
      Swansea (a) 3pts
      Sunderland (h) 3pts
      Liverpool (a) 1pt
      Norwich (h) 3pts
      Cardiff (a) 3pts

Arsenal:

Sunderland (h) 3pts
      Stoke (a) 1pt
      Swansea (h) 3pts
      Spurs (a) 1pt
      Chelsea (a) 0pts
      Man City (h) 1pt
      Everton (a) 1pt
      West Ham (h) 3pts
      Hull (a) 3pts
      Newcastle (h) 3pts
      West Brom (h) 3pts
      Norwich (a) 3pts

Manchester City:

Stoke (h) 3pts
      Villa (h) 3pts
      Hull (a) 3pts
      Sunderland (h) 3pts
      Fulham (h) 3pts
      Man Utd (a) 3pts
      Arsenal (a) 1pt
      Southampton (h) 3pts
      Liverpool (a) 1pt
      West Brom (h) 3pts
      Palace (a) 1pt
      Everton (a) 1pt
      West Ham (h) 3pts

Liverpool:

Swansea (h) 3pts
      Southampton (a) 1pt
      Man Utd (a) 1pt
      Cardiff (a) 3pts
      Sunderland (h) 3pts
      Tottenham (h) 3pts
      West Ham (a) 1pt
      Man City (h) 1pt
      Norwich (a) 3pts
      Chelsea (h) 1pt
      Palace (a) 3pts
      Newcastle (h) 3pts

89pts - Chelsea
      85pts - Man City
      81pts - Arsenal
      79pts - Liverpool

Despite the predictions made, I still expect there to be a few slip ups on the way with Chelsea, City, and Arsenal. If we are to have any chance of winning the league, then we'll have to beat both City and the chavs. We also need to significantly improve on our away form, as that is what's currently jeopardising that 4th position.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #146: Feb 16, 2014 10:10:03 pm
      Can we change the Title of this thread to The Next 12 games as that's all we have left till our season finishes and we hold The Premier League Trophy aloft.  :champ:
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #147: Feb 16, 2014 10:15:16 pm
      I seem to remember us going on an 11 game trot of wins and beating the blueshite to the title . Could we do it again ? but this time pipping the plastics to it .
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #148: Feb 16, 2014 10:35:01 pm
      I agree!

Can't believe us redmen only have 12 games remaining though. Everyone around us has other competitions to compete in. I thought City yesterday demonstrated why they have an excellent chance of finishing the season with more than one trophy. For sure, the league cup is theirs. I think they'll also win the FA Cup, and possibly the Premiership. The team they fielded lacked a number of key players including Hart, Kolorov, Nastasich, Fernandinho, Nasri, Negredo, and Aguero. Of course, two of them made sub appearances but I think this just speaks volumes about the strength in depth City have. Undoubtedly, they have the best squad in the Premier League. Only difference is that Pelligrini is not as tactically astute as Mourinho. I think this will decide who wins the league.

Chelsea have the league and Europe to focus on
      City have the FA Cup, league, and Europe with a final in the captial one cup
      Arsenal also have three trophies to compete for

Saying that, I still expect Chelsea and City to win most of their league games comfortably. Both City and Chelsea have two very strong teams each. Even Arsenal have decent strength in depth.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #149: Feb 16, 2014 10:54:52 pm
      I agree!

Can't believe us redmen only have 12 games remaining though. Everyone around us has other competitions to compete in. I thought City yesterday demonstrated why they have an excellent chance of finishing the season with more than one trophy. For sure, the league cup is theirs. I think they'll also win the FA Cup, and possibly the Premiership. The team they fielded lacked a number of key players including Hart, Kolorov, Nastasich, Fernandinho, Nasri, Negredo, and Aguero. Of course, two of them made sub appearances but I think this just speaks volumes about the strength in depth City have. Undoubtedly, they have the best squad in the Premier League. Only difference is that Pelligrini is not as tactically astute as Mourinho. I think this will decide who wins the league.

Chelsea have the league and Europe to focus on
      City have the FA Cup, league, and Europe with a final in the captial one cup
      Arsenal also have three trophies to compete for

Saying that, I still expect Chelsea and City to win most of their league games comfortably. Both City and Chelsea have two very strong teams each. Even Arsenal have decent strength in depth.

Hope the cu*ts all fall over themselves and we steal in and Win the Title. Oh how I want to see Steven lift that Trophy.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #150: Feb 16, 2014 10:57:47 pm
      Our next 3 games (swansea, southampton, sunderland) are very much must wins, cant expect, or accept anything less than 9 points. Then we can go into the United away game with alot of confidence and if we get anything from there (very much capable of 3, never mind 1 point) that almost certainly rules them out for 4th.

Hopefully then we can keep at 2 points a game minimum and we are nailed on for 4th then. If we have won every game up until the Spurs game and get a win out of that too then we are definitely nailed on, then we just need to keep pushing on, and if we're still winning we can come to the Chelsea and City games knowing very much that we are in the title race and try and take it to them. Thats the ideal situation anyway, and thats much easier than done, but for the time being I think our hopes should rest on top 4, anything above that is a huge bonus!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #151: Feb 17, 2014 09:36:44 am
      Hope the cu*ts all fall over themselves and we steal in and Win the Title. Oh how I want to see Steven lift that Trophy.

We've got the team to do it in these remaining 12 games. No distractions at all. We're on quite decent form, so we need to just keep creating chances for ourselves. If Daniel becomes more clinical then we will be winning games by huge margins
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #152: Feb 17, 2014 10:51:09 am
      The run in will see plenty of twists and turns to the top 4, all we can do is concentrate on our own games.  Win all the home games including the City and Chavs and hope that some of the unfancied teams help us out on the way.

There are some teams like the spuds, bitters, scum, Hull, Southampton, Stoke, Sunderland even Palace who can all help us on the way by taking points off our rivals and yes maybe the title will go to either city or chavs but it's not going to be easy for them.

One thing about this season I've noticed, for every set back we've had we've come back even stronger and that's a magnificent trait Brendan has instilled in the squad.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #153: Feb 17, 2014 07:23:55 pm
      10 from the next 4 please. Got to beat either Southampton or United and draw the other one.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #154: Feb 17, 2014 07:32:04 pm
      Well we will see just how far we have come this season all we need do is maintain our form of the last 12 months and we should finish with 77/78 points.
      I still think there is another gear to go yet the gear we found against Arsenal if we beat Chelsea and City who knows how many points we could get.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #155: Feb 17, 2014 07:51:41 pm
      Well we will see just how far we have come this season all we need do is maintain our form of the last 12 months and we should finish with 77/78 points.
      I still think there is another gear to go yet the gear we found against Arsenal if we beat Chelsea and City who knows how many points we could get.

Well, I was going to make some quip about the amount of points we had at the end of the 77/78 season, and if we achieved that, we'd be champions.

We, in 77/78 season we finished 2nd, not bad, I'd take that, BUT, to finish second in 77/78 we only needed 57pts! 4 more than we have now after 26 games as appose to 42 games.

Admittedly 3pts for a win as appose to 2pts, but wow, as little as that.

By the way, 57pts then equates to 81pts YIKES!

Forrest won with 64pts or 91pts in new money.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #156: Feb 17, 2014 09:14:07 pm
      I never have a good feeling about the Old Trafford fixture, and I believe most of that is due to the psychology involved. Man utd to City is like Everton to us. They don't respect them, and hence why they always tend to get the better of them. We need to show United less respect next time, and look to not just win but humiliate them. We give them more respect than anyone else in the league, and that is disappointing. I hate the mancs, and would love nothing more but to absolutely smash them to pieces!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #157: Feb 17, 2014 09:37:58 pm
      Its clear the key to being successful in the run in is sorting out our defensive issues. we need some clean sheets and we need them soon. Swansea would be a great starting point.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2824 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #158: Feb 17, 2014 09:41:04 pm
      To simplify it..Can you see us scoring more then each of our opponents in the games left?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #159: Feb 17, 2014 11:35:54 pm
      Its clear the key to being successful in the run in is sorting out our defensive issues. we need some clean sheets and we need them soon. Swansea would be a great starting point.

On that, he went out and bought Sakho in the Summer. Do you think he bought him with a view to partnering him wtih Agger and thinking Skrtel was on his way out only for Agger to get injured and Skrtel to find form he hasn't had in two years? It seems like he's created a problem for himself with having three uncomplimentary, albeit very good defenders. Just who is our best parntership? Skrtel and Agger? Skrtel and Skaho? Sahko and Agger? With ten games left we should know this and more importantly Brendan Rodgers should know this. The question is, does he? I'm not so sure.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #160: Feb 18, 2014 01:07:56 pm
      I never have a good feeling about the Old Trafford fixture, and I believe most of that is due to the psychology involved. Man utd to City is like Everton to us. They don't respect them, and hence why they always tend to get the better of them. We need to show United less respect next time, and look to not just win but humiliate them. We give them more respect than anyone else in the league, and that is disappointing. I hate the mancs, and would love nothing more but to absolutely smash them to pieces!
      We also have a 2 week rest before the game , that should give us an edge on them .

Quick Reply