Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM v Arsenal

Mignolet
      3 (3.5%)
      Toure
      3 (3.5%)
      Cissokho
      1 (1.2%)
      Skrtel
      28 (32.9%)
      Sakho
      19 (22.4%)
      Gerrard
      1 (1.2%)
      Henderson
      2 (2.4%)
      Leiva
      3 (3.5%)
      Flanagan
      6 (7.1%)
      Sturridge
      3 (3.5%)
      Suarez
      10 (11.8%)
      Coutinho
      6 (7.1%)
      Moses
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: Nov 09, 2013 07:58:33 pm

Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Analysis

Read 40090 times
      Porsgrunn
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Re: Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Analysis
      Reply #621: Nov 06, 2013 09:04:28 am
      Ha ha. You don't know what you're watching fella. I've been there over 30 yrs and seen some average CM's - and Lucas is just that. Not good enough if we want to really challenge in the Prem. Look at the record - him being an almost ever present has co-incided with us not sniffing top 4. 
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #622: Nov 07, 2013 10:01:12 am
      without turning this into a name and shame post, we all have to agree that we have a small situation in our midfield. The fact is we are not as creative and energetic than teams around us, Everton have young Barkley and that McCarthy who are also goal threats. Spurs have about a million options in the middle and can even afford to have Dembelle on the bench (a player of his ability is what we need) Man city the same and Arseanal also have loads of energetic creative players.

I created a post a while back called do we actually need a defensive midfielder, I dont think we do. Yes we need say one player to be the one who tracks back but all players should be going with their man and not letting someone just jog past. In this game Arsenal never had Flammini (their Holding)playmaker they used Arteta in that role but he didnt sit as deep as say Gerrard or Lucas would in that role for us. I dont think its their fault we lost the game the fact of the matter is Arsenal have shown us that their a better team, so we need to buy another Midfielder who has the energy and speed to close down whilst offering options not just passing the ball around and not really getting into the box like certain players we have in our team do.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #623: Nov 07, 2013 03:45:14 pm
      Ha ha. You don't know what you're watching fella. I've been there over 30 yrs and seen some average CM's - and Lucas is just that. Not good enough if we want to really challenge in the Prem. Look at the record - him being an almost ever present has co-incided with us not sniffing top 4.

Bloody hell, didn't know Lucas was the only man in the team at fault for us not getting top 4, not like we had 10 other players on the pitch or anything. Also funny how he was out with a serious injury when we still failed to make top 4.

Christ give your head a wobble, you've been there over 30 years and appear to know f**k all, dear god.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #624: Nov 07, 2013 04:01:21 pm

Who are all these WUM's crawling out of the woodwork lately to bash Lucas it's really annoying.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #625: Nov 07, 2013 04:03:46 pm

Oh dear. I can't say for certain that he was the reason for the downfall of Kenny in 2011/2012 but I can confidently say that had Lucas not got injured in that League Cup match against Chelsea back in November 2011 and been ruled out for the rest of the season then Kenny's side could have quite confidently their continued challenge of the top 4 which we were very much in with a shout of. Lucas was phenomenal that half season. Yes, we haven't quite seen him return to that level but he proved there and then that he was not a reason for Liverpool's failure to get into the top 4 and if anything he's an asset to our ambitions to get back to the top 4. Are there better players than Lucas? For sure and he could easily be replaced in the first eleven. But do we need him at the club? Of course we do.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #626: Nov 07, 2013 04:16:57 pm
      Oh dear. I can't say for certain that he was the reason for the downfall of Kenny in 2011/2012 but I can confidently say that had Lucas not got injured in that League Cup match against Chelsea back in November 2011 and been ruled out for the rest of the season then Kenny's side could have quite confidently their continued challenge of the top 4 which we were very much in with a shout of. Lucas was phenomenal that half season. Yes, we haven't quite seen him return to that level but he proved there and then that he was not a reason for Liverpool's failure to get into the top 4 and if anything he's an asset to our ambitions to get back to the top 4. Are there better players than Lucas? For sure and he could easily be replaced in the first eleven. But do we need him at the club? Of course we do.

Not to mention he played a significant number of games in our 08/09 campaign in which we finished 2nd in the league further indicating that poster is either a WUM or a complete moron.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #627: Nov 07, 2013 05:12:50 pm
      I think a major problem is that people confuse spectacular with effective.
      Lucas doesn't do sliding tackles like Masch did, and he rarely passes the ball in the air. This doesn't make him less effective.

He reminds me of Deschamps in a lot of ways. Nothing fancy, nothing spectacular, he just does the dirty work that all teams need to have done.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #628: Nov 07, 2013 05:23:12 pm
      Nobody thinks Lucas is a better player than Mascherano. Unless they're mad
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #629: Nov 07, 2013 05:27:23 pm
      Nobody thinks Lucas is a better player than Mascherano. Unless they're mad

Difference between being the better player and being better at a specific job on the pitch, though their stats for us are alarmingly similiar.  You'd have to be stupid to not know that and I might me mad for my way of thinking, according to you, but you're stupid, according to me. :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #630: Nov 07, 2013 05:44:07 pm
      Who are all these WUM's crawling out of the woodwork lately to bash Lucas it's really annoying.

It explains where Bigmick disappeared to the other week.

Massive recruitment drive. :D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #631: Nov 08, 2013 11:42:38 am
      It explains where Bigmick disappeared to the other week.

Massive recruitment drive. :D

Haha yeah that was it mate  ;D I put an advert online which said "wanted, people who have a clue about the game of association football". There were thousands of replies but only four of them agreed with me on everything  :mad: . They had to a) hold out some hope for Borini b) not think Lucas is the be all and end all of our defensive midfielder possibilities c) not have a T-shirt with "Rafa is God" on it (that was most of them out for a start) and d) wish only good things towards Charlie Adam.

This ramshackle bunch of Lucas tormentors was the best I could dredge up I'm afraid    :f_wah: .
      Porsgrunn
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #632: Nov 08, 2013 01:09:52 pm
      WUM? Yeh whatever. After the WBA game people were getting over- excited but the measure for us was the Arsenal game and upcoming Everton, Man City, Chelsea. Our front 3 at the moment are better than any of them but we have a conceded in last 8 games and look shaky in CM and defence. Really like Rodgers but don't think 5-3-2 has helped - Roy Evans played it years ago and it was laughable. That formation has to go against the top teams

Quick Reply