Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

What the future brings!

Read 2695 times
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt
      • Started Topic

• 496 posts | 80 
      What the future brings!
      Nov 06, 2013 06:19:30 pm
      Our potential future line ups!?

-------------Mignolet-------------
      Flanagan-Sakho-Ilori-Wisdom
      -------------------Coady----------
      Sterling---Coutinho----Alberto
      -------Texiera----Yesil-----------

All I can say is the future looks good for us and we can compete with most teams in the world with our current youth!

What do you all think?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: What the future brings!
      Reply #1: Nov 07, 2013 07:57:21 pm

For starters, from what I've seen so far, I think Wisdom is just an okay, unproven right back and centre back. I've never seen him play left back so not sure how you come to the conclusion that he'll be a first choice left back?

Flanagan - has got a long way to go before becoming a first choice right back.

Yesil - good reputation before he came as have many young strikers on our books. But he has hardly figured due to injury so to say he will be our first choice striker in a few years is fantasy.

The rest I suppose are arguable but personally I'd say the only ones I am pretty sure could be starters for us in the future are Mignolet, Sakho and Coutinho.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5010 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2: Nov 07, 2013 08:22:05 pm
      In answer to the OP,

Wait and see ?
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #3: Nov 07, 2013 08:34:49 pm
      I'd say the only ones I am pretty sure could be starters for us in the future are Mignolet, Sakho and Coutinho.

Me too. Some of the rest of that have dubious futures or are a step down from what we've seen in recent years. I mean last yr, some people were talking about Jonjo Shelvey as some future big star.

Most of that lot look ok for their age, but nothing jawdropping. When Fowler, Owen, Redknapp, McManaman, Gerrard, Jones etc 1st started playing we KNEW they were special players. We could be sure some of them would soon become world class or pretty close to it.

A lot of the players mentioned here are nothing to bring us forward to top level silverware.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #4: Nov 07, 2013 08:52:59 pm
      Hope to see Carlos Texiera soon. Wonderkid.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #5: Nov 07, 2013 08:58:09 pm
      No room for our brightest talent Suso?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,276 posts | 4937 
      Reply #6: Nov 07, 2013 09:03:57 pm

All I can say is the future looks good for us and we can compete with most teams in the world with our current youth!

What do you all think?

If our future includes Wisdom at LB and Flanagan at RB then I'm not sure I want the future anytime soon.

Weird line up and weird thread.
      The Dark Knight
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | 11 
      Reply #7: Nov 07, 2013 10:09:57 pm
      That line-up in the opening post will never be good enough haha. Flanagan and Coady are unlikely to make it with us, especially the latter, and Wisdom most certainly will never be a competent left-back.

Anyway, always difficult to do these accurately because you can't plan for which players will leave and the fact plenty more young ones will come in. But, for the purpose of this thread, I'll suspend disbelief and post what I reckon a good potential Liverpool team could be with what we currently have...

Code: [Select]
                       Mignolet
      McLaughlin       Ilori         Sakho       Smith
                            Rossiter   Chirivella
      Sterling/Ibe              Suso             Coutinho
                                   Sturridge

I mean that right there is potentially a very good football team. Sturridge and Coutinho are on the verge of being top class, if not already there. Sakho and Mignolet have started brightly here and both have similar potential the aforementioned pair in their respective positions. Suso, Sterling and Ibe have shown glimpses in the first team already and with the right attitudes will go far in the game. Really excited about the potential of Rossiter and McLaughlin, who have been running the show at under 21s level but are perhaps seen as too inexperienced at the moment to make the step up. Smith is a decent player, not sure he'll make it here but you never know. Then there's Chirivella and Ilori, two incomings this summer who have plenty of potential if they apply themselves.

There are loads of other players too who have a chance that I haven't mentioned. Samed Yesil is back from injury now and is clearly highly-rated, Sergi Canas arrived from Barcelona in the summer so clearly has something about him, Alberto could prove useful down the line. Kelly, Wisdom and Flanagan are defenders who have had their fair share of first-team appearances and could be squad players for us in the future. Few of the local lads, namely Jack Dunn, Adam Morgan and Jordan Lussey, have done well for the younger teams. Lloyd Jones I know is quite highly rated by the club, as is Trickett-Smith. Couple of the foreign lads including Teixeira have talent. Then there's the current crop of young first-teamers, your Joe Allens an Jordan Hendersons, who may well still be here in five years.

The future's definitely bright in terms of the talent we have in the youth ranks, the tough part is nurturing them well. I trust BR and his staff to do that well.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #8: Nov 08, 2013 07:47:52 am
      For starters, from what I've seen so far, I think Wisdom is just an okay, unproven right back and centre back. I've never seen him play left back so not sure how you come to the conclusion that he'll be a first choice left back?

Flanagan - has got a long way to go before becoming a first choice right back.

Yesil - good reputation before he came as have many young strikers on our books. But he has hardly figured due to injury so to say he will be our first choice striker in a few years is fantasy.

The rest I suppose are arguable but personally I'd say the only ones I am pretty sure could be starters for us in the future are Mignolet, Sakho and Coutinho.
      Iagree with this post entirely,spot on mate.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt
      • Started Topic

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #9: Nov 08, 2013 10:56:23 am
      just so we know that isn't the squad i'd like to see in the future, that's just the 1st half decent players I thought of!

Everyone slating Wisdom haven't watched him play for Derby, he's been their best player and with a lot of match practice I think he can come back to us and do a good job!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #10: Nov 08, 2013 12:50:49 pm

What do you all think?

Mignolet yes, looks good to be here for a long time.
      Flanagan no, don't think he'll ever actually develop into a decent player, championship standard in my opinion.
      Sakho definitely, I haven't been as impressed as many seem to be in his current form, but potential, massive.
      Ilori unsure, haven't seen him enough to comment.
      Wisdom no, don't think he'll make at the top level, last season I thought he would but his game appears to be regressing and that isn't a good sign.
      Coady maybe, would have been happier if he'd started to make a few moves towards being with the 1st team as he's plenty old enough now, but still DM is a tough trade to learn and he could still develop. First choice in the future though, I very much doubt, squad player maybe.
      Sterling yes, there's a world class player between him and Ibe, I think Ibe but the competition should push both of them on to make it, even more so with Sinclair on their heels. He's regressed a little this season without many minutes and is desperate for a loan move.
      Coutinho obviously.
      Alberto don't think so, think the lad has ability but not good enough to make it at the top level, haven't seen enough to be sure of that though and hope to be surprised.
      Teixeira yes! For me our best hope from the academy, awesome prospect and hope to see him soon.
      Yesil yes! Another that is likely to make the grade, if he doesn't make it for us (due to lack of opportunity rather than skill) he will make it somewhere.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #11: Nov 08, 2013 01:29:26 pm

What do you all think?

Nice not to see probably our most talented youngster there. I assume you have forgotten about Suso, which is a disgrace in itself ;D

Early days yet, so always difficult to judge on how our players will mature and progress into real professionals. We've seen many talented youngsters at many different club failing to make it to that next level. Coutinho and Suso are our biggest hopes. Sterling, Wisdom, and Flanagan could turn out to be very average though.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #12: Nov 18, 2013 10:17:42 pm
      Suso
      Alberto
      Coutinho
      Teixeria
      Hughes?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13: Nov 18, 2013 11:01:30 pm
      Suso
      Alberto
      Coutinho
      Teixeria
      Hughes?

It's a cracking problem to have. Said a long time ago that the one thing FSG had my confidence in and that was the youth recruitment. About time we had some real talent coming through and right now we most definitely have that. Almost the entire pitch is covered with someone who could come through and make a mark, we haven't had that in forever.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #14: Nov 18, 2013 11:14:08 pm

Teixeira yes! For me our best hope from the academy, awesome prospect and hope to see him soon.

Not half the talent of Suso for me mate.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #15: Nov 19, 2013 03:06:04 am
      What a bizarre OP. No offense but you've missed out our most promising youngsters in my opinion, in Suso and Rossiter. Of course it's impossible to tell at this stage who will and who won't make it, but I'll give it a go. Let's say 7 years from now, consisting only of players who are currently at the club:

Mignolet

McLaughlin
      Wisdom
      Sakho
      Robinson (I'm one of the few who think he's a cracking little player, one of our brightest talents still)

Rossiter
      Lucas
      Suso

Coutinho
      Ibe
      Sturridge

The fact that I've left out the likes of Sterling, Harry Wilson, Brannagan, Pelosi, Lloyd Jones etc. really illustrates the incredible amount of depth we've been blessed with at youth level at the moment.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16: Nov 19, 2013 10:22:45 am
      It's a cracking problem to have. Said a long time ago that the one thing FSG had my confidence in and that was the youth recruitment. About time we had some real talent coming through and right now we most definitely have that. Almost the entire pitch is covered with someone who could come through and make a mark, we haven't had that in forever.

We're certainly blessed with a lot of creative and attacking options Luke but there's still a dearth of talent missing from our defensive options.  Yes we have Sakho, Ilori, Kelly and Wisdom all of whom are cb's but there's not much following them up other than Lloyd Jones and he's what, 17?  Same with fb's or wb's.  There's Ryan, Jack and possibly Smith but again 2 of them are only 17.  I don't think Flanno will make it with us but he'll make a cracking rb in the lower divisions.

Quick Reply