Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.

Read 107784 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #1127: Apr 16, 2014 10:09:56 pm
      Highest paid sports team in the world, and they give the most spineless performance ever.

Bottlers - absolutely hilarious.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #1128: Apr 16, 2014 10:15:48 pm
      Make no fooking mistake reds that were in for a game on Sunday

Spot on Bri, Stevie's words should be ringing in the ears of all the lads. Must admit I haven't liked the complacent nature some seem to be taking the task Norwich will present to us. Sure we could win 5-0 and we'll all be smiling but as you say, when teams are fighting for their premier league lives then that level of motivation finds extra resolve and we have to go there and be clinical.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1129: Apr 16, 2014 10:16:09 pm
      Make no fooking mistake reds that were in for a game on Sunday

Spot on Bri, Stevie's words should be ringing in the ears of all the lads. Must admit I haven't liked the complacent nature some seem to be taking the task Norwich will present to us. Sure we could win 5-0 and we'll all be smiling but as you say, when teams are fighting for their premier league lives then that level of motivation finds extra resolve and we have to be clinical
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #1130: Apr 16, 2014 10:19:22 pm
      Just seen this cracker on Bluemoon:

"3rd place if we are lucky.
      You cannot deny that we do not deserve the title. Liverpool deserve it. What they are achieving considering the amount of money we have spent puts us to shame.
      They are a team, we are not.
      Honestly, i would dock all these spineless tw*ts wages."
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1131: Apr 16, 2014 10:19:35 pm
      I am sure even Bigmick never envisaged us in this position with 4 games to go. I think Citeh may well be out of the running now, especially as they have a tough game at Everton still to come.

3 wins and a draw and the title is ours.   
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1132: Apr 16, 2014 10:20:39 pm
      I've got a feeling every single one of these games is going be a real hard battle with nothing easy or straight-forward. Does everyone have the stomach for the fight!?!?!?!?!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1133: Apr 16, 2014 10:24:26 pm

You cannot deny that we do not deserve the title. Liverpool deserve it. What they are achieving considering the amount of money we have spent puts us to shame.

Ive posted that one and two more on The Run In thread.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1134: Apr 16, 2014 10:26:27 pm
      I've got a feeling every single one of these games is going be a real hard battle with nothing easy or straight-forward. Does everyone have the stomach for the fight!?!?!?!?!

no....Chelsea wont. hence the need for cech to tell the press that well bottle it

As for us, well whose better at focusing there nervous energy at backing there team? and the players? They seem focused and if it does get too much for some Stevie will sort them
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1135: Apr 16, 2014 10:27:13 pm
      forgot city were even playing tonight!
      ya f***in beauty! that is a great result for us.
      city are gone, its between us and the chavs.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1136: Apr 16, 2014 10:34:30 pm
      Quote from Son Of A Gun

But you beat the mancs 7-1.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

By my calculations, we win the next two and Sunderland beat Chelsea and the trophy is home. Unless City are still in the race.

Am I right or am I just a tad over optimistic?  :laugh:
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1137: Apr 16, 2014 10:38:00 pm
      But you beat the mancs 7-1.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

By my calculations, we win the next two and Sunderland beat Chelsea and the trophy is home. Unless City are still in the race.

Am I right or am I just a tad over optimistic?  :laugh:

if we win the next 2 then its practically all over whether sunderland beat chelsea or not.
      i am not even thinking about sunderland beating them - that is just wanting the moon on a stick that is  ;D
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #1138: Apr 16, 2014 10:43:09 pm
      City drew...now we can afford...sh*t.
      We cant afford anything untill after we lift the trophy.

That said, i dont mind the extra safety cushion we just got :)
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1139: Apr 17, 2014 12:08:28 am
      It means Chelsea have to come here and play to win.   Instead of keeping things tight and hoping for a mistake. 
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,584 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #1140: Apr 17, 2014 06:12:41 am
      City have fu**ed it up.
      Just have to get Chelsea off our backs & it's ours!

God we really are talking about winning the title!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1141: Apr 17, 2014 06:47:58 am
      It means Chelsea have to come here and play to win.   Instead of keeping things tight and hoping for a mistake. 

Agree, Maureen will need to rethink his strategy after the Sunderland match, they are away first in the CL semi and will need a positive result for the return , losing by more than 1 goal will IMO F**k it up for them,

Then it's us at cauldron Anfield where they will need to out score us to get any sort of joy, can't see that happening anytime soon can you ?

Don't give a F**k what happens after tho except that they get fu**ed over in the CL,

When we win the title I'd have bacon face present us with the Trophy and watch the kunt cringe , then he can F**k off into oblivion never to be seen again , except in his open casket !

Is that too much. ?    ;D

YNWA
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #1142: Apr 17, 2014 06:52:53 am
      We can afford to draw against Chelsea but still should win the other 3 games to be sure of winning this league as bosses :P

It would be awesome to win the league by setting the record of the longest winning streak. 14 games won in a row:  we can make it! C'MON Reds!

I hope a team beats Chelsea in the remaining fixtures!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1143: Apr 17, 2014 07:46:07 am
      Quote from billythered
      Agree, Maureen will need to rethink his strategy after the Sunderland match. They will need to out score us to get any sort of joy, can't see that happening anytime soon can you ?

YNWA

If anyone can, we know he can. He is the master of getting the result he needs when he needs it. He's gone to Arsenal, City, and the mancs this season and got three clean sheets. So I would be concerned that we would spend 90 minutes battering the door down, and he spends 2 minutes at us getting the goal. Similar to the New Year 2005 league game. We lost the league at home to a London team in 89, I don't want history to repeat itself this time.

Norwich should be a breeze, the kind of away game you want in a title chase. No hostile crowd, no buses parked in the box, no strike force upfront, and who concede a hatful at the merest sign of pressure. So we should have no difficulty in knocking at least another 5 in.

Back to the Chelsea game and for a title decider, the ko time really should be later. City will have 4 games left after it, so obviously Sky give their games priority. If we get results from Chelsea and Palace, it's back home for the Newcastle game whose players are already on the beach. Get the abacus out, and lets hope it's enough come 5pm on May 11.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1144: Apr 17, 2014 08:12:43 am
      I've really tried hard not to predict any results over the past 5 games and it's worked so far.

I just keep thinking 'surely this streak can't keep going'

Then I see results like City's last night and it gets my stomach in knots knowing it's liverpool at more of an advantage. Then I start thinking it could also happen to Liverpool.

Chelsea aside where adrenaline and the occasion might take us over the line, Palace and Norwich won't be easy games at all...

But F**k it, I'm loving absolutely every minute of it right now and I'm just going to carry on the mentality of 'why not? Why not go and win the F***ing league'

Buzzing!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1145: Apr 17, 2014 12:08:33 pm
      I'm as excited as the lot of you but let's get Norwich out of the way first.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1146: Apr 17, 2014 12:41:27 pm
      When we win the title I'd have bacon face present us with the Trophy and watch the kunt cringe , then he can f**k off into oblivion never to be seen again , except in his open casket !

textbook :)
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1147: Apr 17, 2014 01:01:28 pm
      If anyone can, we know he can. He is the master of getting the result he needs when he needs it.

Oh Jose I bet you would be oh so happy should "The Master" succeed.
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #1148: Apr 17, 2014 01:07:39 pm
      I'm as excited as the lot of you but let's get Norwich out of the way first.

This! One game at a time, the most important game is the next one.
      We need to keep focussed!

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1149: Apr 17, 2014 01:25:45 pm
      Ok Maureen is a master of getting a result, but that won't happen everytime and there'll come a time where he will trip and hopefully it's against us.

Quick Reply