Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.

Read 108464 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #1150: Apr 17, 2014 01:43:57 pm
      Ok Maureen is a master of getting a result, but that won't happen everytime and there'll come a time where he will trip and hopefully it's against us.

F**k Mourinho, plastic b***ard.
      People are beginning to realise he is as much of a joke figure as the clowns who idolise him at Chelsea.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #1151: Apr 17, 2014 02:00:29 pm
      F**k Mourinho, plastic b***ard.
      People are beginning to realise he is as much of a joke figure as the clowns who idolise him at Chelsea.

They have been in top form of late and time for their form to dip a bit, starting with after the Atletico game against us.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1152: Apr 17, 2014 02:37:38 pm
      They have been in top form of late and time for their form to dip a bit, starting with after the Atletico game against us.

Top form!! WTF??? You mean like beating a poor Swansea side, who were down to 10 men, by one goal. Top form my ass, we'll smash these c&^ts!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1153: Apr 17, 2014 02:58:53 pm

They've been F***ing spawny bas**rds for the last few games, stumbling results.
      Maybe that will begin to change against Atletico.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,978 posts | 237 
      Reply #1154: Apr 17, 2014 04:37:39 pm
      I didn't know where to post this. But, this is a great stat.

The last time both united and arsenal finished outside the top 4 was 35 years ago. In that season (78-79), we won the league and everton finished 4th. We won the last 4 games without conceding a goal and were unbeaten in the last eight. We won 3-0 at OT and just for good measure,arsenal won the FA cup that season ending their eight year trophy drought.

F**k,my nerves are shot and I keep thinking about the title all day long.
      « Last Edit: Apr 17, 2014 04:49:29 pm by redindian »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1155: Apr 17, 2014 06:19:47 pm
      When he needs a result he gets it?

Pity he didn't in the 2005 Champions League semi final.
      Pity he didn't in the 2006 FA Cup semi final.
      Pity he didn't in the 2007 Champions League semi final.
      Pity he won't in the title deciding match at Anfield.

F**k off Mourinho you pr**k, you'll once again fall short in the crunch match against Liverpool Football Club.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1156: Apr 17, 2014 06:35:46 pm
      This! One game at a time, the most important game is the next one.
      We need to keep focussed!

I'm sure the players are focused, as fans we can dream.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1157: Apr 17, 2014 06:53:47 pm
      When he needs a result he gets it?

Pity he didn't in the 2005 Champions League semi final.
      Pity he didn't in the 2006 FA Cup semi final.
      Pity he didn't in the 2007 Champions League semi final.
      Pity he won't in the title deciding match at Anfield.

F**k off Mourinho you pr**k, you'll once again fall short in the crunch match against Liverpool Football Club.

and to think some on hear still think he would have been a good choice for LFC.
      I still remember the c**t in feb 2005 putting his finger to his mouth telling us to shut up
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1158: Apr 17, 2014 06:59:17 pm
      Look, Mourinho isn't a bad manager, and we would be unwise underestimating his tactical nous and know-how.

Chelsea COULD BE a massive game, granted. But we need to focus on Norwich first. If we get a result there (which we absolutely should do), then we can look at that game.

One game at a time, people. One game at a time.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1159: Apr 17, 2014 07:08:06 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1160: Apr 17, 2014 07:25:18 pm
      Mourinho :

"I sink it is good to have the games to play.
      I sink that is good. Not points"

City had the games to play and scraped home with one point last last against the Mackems.

Bollocks Maureen. Bollocks and bluff.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1161: Apr 17, 2014 09:24:08 pm
      Look, Mourinho isn't a bad manager, and we would be unwise underestimating his tactical nous and know-how.

Chelsea COULD BE a massive game, granted. But we need to focus on Norwich first. If we get a result there (which we absolutely should do), then we can look at that game.

Yep, focus on Norwich. And getting a result there. Worry about Chavs down the line. Shotgun the canaries first...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1162: Apr 17, 2014 09:31:10 pm

If tactical nous was defined by parking the bus or kicking lumps out of the opposition I would agree with you but in this instance I will disagree on the mythical football tactics of Jose Mourinho. Let's face it Porto aside this guy has spent the majority of his management career at Clubs with unlimited spending power
      Even After spending over £100M this time around at Chelsea he is still complaining he has no strikers, covering himself for the inevitable failure this season when they win zilch, this mans ego knows no bounds!
      Complete c**t.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1163: Apr 17, 2014 09:44:50 pm
      If tactical nous was defined by parking the bus or kicking lumps out of the opposition I would agree with you but in this instance I will disagree on the mythical football tactics of Jose Mourinho. Let's face it Porto aside this guy has spent the majority of his management career at Clubs with unlimited spending power
      Even After spending over £100M this time around at Chelsea he is still complaining he has no strikers, covering himself for the inevitable failure this season when they win zilch, this mans ego knows no bounds!
      Complete c**t.

Don't be so naive, he knows how to stop teams playing and when that happens Chelsea can start playing their own game.

He didn't stop Barca playing countless times because he was tactically dull. He's a mastermind, make no mistake about it. We just have to make sure we out-think him when it matters - like we have multiple times before.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1164: Apr 17, 2014 10:19:55 pm

Undoubtedly the Chelsea game is of the upmost importance as is the need to give the team and their manager respect; possibly not the same depth of respect you would associate with Brendan Rodgers or dare I say Martinez who create a team of potential winners on a budget as opposed to throwing mega-millions at superstars as fast as they attain that status.
      It remains to be seen how long he stays at Chelsea when the mega-millions and superstars do not guarantee success, will he jump ship again when his methods are up for scrutiny? Don't bet against it.   
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1165: Apr 17, 2014 10:20:16 pm

Don't be so naive, he knows how to stop teams playing and when that happens Chelsea can start playing their own game.

He didn't stop Barca playing countless times because he was tactically dull. He's a mastermind, make no mistake about it. We just have to make sure we out-think him when it matters - like we have multiple times before.
      Mastermind  :lmao: give me a break did you watch any of those games against Barca he just tried to kick the hell out of their players and nick a set piece. I think you may have started to believe all the sh*t that is written in our press about the stupid one.
      No worries about out thinking him just need a decent and strong ref.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1166: Apr 17, 2014 10:23:22 pm
      and to think some on hear still think he would have been a good choice for LFC.
      I still remember the c**t in feb 2005 putting his finger to his mouth telling us to shut up

Nah he wouldn't be a good choice for us, doesn't have the grace of a Liverpool manager.

To be fair Res, Chelsea will be a massive game whatever happens at the weekend. It could be a game that we have to win to go back top, it could be a game where if we win we officially end Chelsea's Title hopes, it could be a game where we all but guarantee Chelsea end the season without the League. It's a massive game no matter what.

And I'm not gonna lie, I'm already looking ahead to the Newcastle game let alone Norwich, Chelsea and Palace. I understand the one game at a time notion but if any Liverpool fan is telling me they haven't looked at the possibilities of where we could be by the time Pardew's boys arrive at Anfield then they're a lying c**t. I keep saying it, I'm gonna get carried away with this season because it's been far too long since I was in a position to do so.

We'll beat Norwich, we'll beat Chelsea, we'll beat Palace and we'll beat Newcastle.

One final thing on Mourinho, I agree he isn't a bad manager. He's just not the F***ing be all and end all of management that some make out either.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #1167: Apr 17, 2014 10:26:51 pm
      And I'm not gonna lie, I'm already looking ahead to the Newcastle game let alone Norwich, Chelsea and Palace. I understand the one game at a time notion but if any Liverpool fan is telling me they haven't looked at the possibilities of where we could be by the time Pardew's boys arrive at Anfield then they're a lying c**t.

Agree Billy.

I think about the Newcastle game every day if I'm honest and have it in my head that if we need three points against them then I have no doubt whatsoever we will get three points.

Also with Norwich no matter how many people say don't underestimate them and myself trying to keep a level head I simply cannot allow myself to think we won't beat them comfortably.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1168: Apr 17, 2014 10:37:54 pm
      Just this season alone, he had to go to City and get a result. he did. He had to go to Arsenal and get a result, he did. He had to get a certain result against PSG, he got it. So he knows how to get them.

Pellegrini had an oil sheikh to fund him this season. He's taken just 7 points from his rivals in the title race, and there's the difference between them.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1169: Apr 17, 2014 10:38:36 pm
      We're top, he isn't.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #1170: Apr 17, 2014 10:39:51 pm
      Just this season alone, he had to go to City and get a result. he did. He had to go to Arsenal and get a result, he did. He had to get a certain result against PSG, he got it. So he knows how to get them.

Pellegrini had an oil sheikh to fund him this season. He's taken just 7 points from his rivals in the title race, and there's the difference between them.

What's the point your making here?

You think the chavs are going to get a result here?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1171: Apr 17, 2014 10:48:48 pm
      Mastermind  :lmao: give me a break did you watch any of those games against Barca he just tried to kick the hell out of their players and nick a set piece. I think you may have started to believe all the sh*t that is written in our press about the stupid one.
      No worries about out thinking him just need a decent and strong ref.

No, didn't watch a single game against Barca. I'm just saying all this with zero knowledge.

Press? Give me a F***ing break, I don't listen to our shitty press. I just know that Mourinho knows how to get things done. He IS a good manager regardless of what you may think of him. Thankfully our team won't be as complacent as you, cus if they we're we'd be F***ing mid-table material by now.

One final thing on Mourinho, I agree he isn't a bad manager. He's just not the F***ing be all and end all of management that some make out either.

Billy I agree with you. He's not the be all and end all, absolutely not. But he knows how to psyche his players up and how to set up his team to counter very well. We just need to look out for that and blitz them before they can get set up.

And yeah, all I've been thinking about is where we'll be when we play the barcodes. Trying to stop myself though!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1172: Apr 17, 2014 10:48:57 pm
      Agree Billy.

I think about the Newcastle game every day if I'm honest and have it in my head that if we need three points against them then I have no doubt whatsoever we will get three points.

Also with Norwich no matter how many people say don't underestimate them and myself trying to keep a level head I simply cannot allow myself to think we won't beat them comfortably.

Me and me arl fella have spent every day of the past two or three weeks discussing the Newcastle game and all those before it Si. It's only natural to be thinking ahead, especially for the fans. My mind is focusing on Norwich on the day to the final whistle, then I get carried away again.

And I agree with your assessment of the Norwich game. I said as much in the "run-in" thread. I think we'll tw*t them and we should be doing so.

Quick Reply