Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.

Read 108543 times
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #1173: Apr 17, 2014 10:50:02 pm
      When he needs a result he gets it?

Pity he didn't in the 2005 Champions League semi final.
      Pity he didn't in the 2006 FA Cup semi final.
      Pity he didn't in the 2007 Champions League semi final.
      Pity he won't in the title deciding match at Anfield.

F**k off Mourinho you pr**k, you'll once again fall short in the crunch match against Liverpool Football Club.

Like he did against Palace.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #1174: Apr 17, 2014 11:10:37 pm
      And one by one they fall by the wayside while we just keep bulldozing our way through victory after victory  ;D

Hadn't even realised City were playing last night till Paul just told me, been away to the land of no internet or tv for 2 days working  :roll:

Make no mistake, nobody is going to hand us this Title on a plate, we have to go into every game like it's the first and fight to the last whistle to make sure it's ours come May 11th. 

We're going to be missing two of our most important players for the remaining games so those stepping into the breach need to be at the top of their game.  We can have no shirkers, no complacency and no lack of concentration or it could be snatched from our grasp in the blink of an eye.

For those of you who haven't been through this before, buckle up 'cos it's gonna be a rocky ride.  Think of it as the biggest rollercoaster you've ever been on, times it by 1000 and you might just get an idea of what it's going to be like. 

You'll go through emotions you've never before experienced, some will be good, some will be bad, some will be euphoric some will be the pits.  Savour every single one of them because believe me, you'll never experience the like again.

As with the first time of anything, that high is never achieved again (apart from sex)   ;D

Have fun people  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #1175: Apr 18, 2014 10:26:00 am
      If tactical nous was defined by parking the bus or kicking lumps out of the opposition I would agree with you but in this instance I will disagree on the mythical football tactics of Jose Mourinho. Let's face it Porto aside this guy has spent the majority of his management career at Clubs with unlimited spending power
      Even After spending over £100M this time around at Chelsea he is still complaining he has no strikers, covering himself for the inevitable failure this season when they win zilch, this mans ego knows no bounds!
      Complete c**t.

I think we all are underestimating Mourinho.
      He may not be the best manager out there (we know who is though, don't we boys and girls? ;-) but he know how to park a proper bus as compared to Fat Sam. Also, he is very good at kicking the lumps of opposition and mark my words, he will get Ivanovic to kick lumps of Suarez and get Suarez sent off for retaliation. Mark my words, Mourinho is a very dangerous manager.

He may not have the strikers but gets the results when he requires.

We CAN'T treat the Chavs as an easy game. It will be an extremely difficult game.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1176: Apr 18, 2014 11:23:19 am
      We CAN'T treat the Chavs as an easy game. It will be an extremely difficult game.

I don think anyone here underestimates Mourinho's grit to grind out a result and no one here treats this game as an easier one than City. If all 3 win this weekend, he knows he HAS to win at Anfield cos a draw is no good for him. He will definitely let his physical bullies out loose and thats where I would have loved Jordan over Allen or Lucas. Nevertheless, our Manager always sets us up to win, esp at Anfield. We get that early goal and Mourinho will start complaining about fatigue by halftime

Having said that, it comes AFTER our biggest game of the season which is at Carrow Road on Sunday. March on Boys, YNWA!! Going for a 1-4 victory
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #1177: Apr 18, 2014 11:43:20 am
      I don't know if I can take the roller coaster ride that we are about to embark on. I am hungover and emotional. This is going to be a long 4 weeks.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1178: Apr 18, 2014 01:35:45 pm
      Anyone who thinks that Mourinho isn't a good manager is being silly, he is an undoubted C*** but he is a top operator who without him Chelsea would be nowhere near. They didn't have him last season and finished a mile off the pace, he has clearly made them into a better side. Equally, the way we play is exactly suited to Chelsea's counter attacking/watertight defensive game. It definitely will not be an easy afternoon for us I don't think.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1179: Apr 18, 2014 01:42:22 pm
      Anyone who thinks that Mourinho isn't a good manager is being silly, he is an undoubted C*** but he is a top operator who without him Chelsea would be nowhere near. They didn't have him last season and finished a mile off the pace, he has clearly made them into a better side. Equally, the way we play is exactly suited to Chelsea's counter attacking/watertight defensive game. It definitely will not be an easy afternoon for us I don't think.

I think you're right in terms of how the game will play out.
      Chelsea are going to sit pretty deep, park the bus, and use
      their undoubted pace to counter attack.

I think it's going to be a horrible game.
      Watching Mourinho's influence into how the Barca/Madrid games
      deteriorated makes me even more wary of how these games will
      develop over the next few years.

He's a talented manager, no question, but he's not worth the
      exhaustive off pitch negativity he brings to his teams. Madrid
      eventually wore themselves out because of it, and they are
      refreshed this season now that they've moved away form the
      entrenched mentality that he had instilled on them.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1180: Apr 18, 2014 01:58:30 pm
      I posted this up on twitter earlier...

Was thinking that the Premier League should adapt a tradition from the US Masters golf and the manager of the previous seasons league title should present the trophy (not some no-mark marketing exec or fa goon) to the captain of the winning side.

which - IF we were to do it this year, would require the gin soaked one handing trophy and congratulations to Stevie, in front of the Kop

Imagaine that one
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1181: Apr 18, 2014 06:20:56 pm
      Without a doubt the match against the plastics will be the defining moment of our season ,

They may have went to the Emirates, the toilet, Ethihad etc ,

But he hasn't been to Anfield,

He knows he has to produce a extra special effort to wrestle the title from our grasp , he also knows his whole season rests on the next 4 games which include the two CL semis,

I believe he and his players are more concerned about CL rather than being prem winners , two weeks ago they were deemed out of it and are only still in contention because of City losing to us and dropping points against the Cats, and of course their rather fortunate results of late,

Mourinho ; the special one ?

The only thing he is special at is being a total disrespectful arrogant kunt,

That and taking football clubs laden with millions onto the success they are duty bound to achieve in any case, Porto aside, although I do seem to remember even then they were subject to his dodgy tactics,

He may come to Anfield with the idea to defend at all costs and hit on the break, but believe me Brendan will have already thought of this and adjust accordingly,

As I said before , however they play, whatever tactics the special kunt decides to utilise they are going to have to out score us, they have no recognised goal scorer of note, Ba, Shurrle, oh and some bloke called Judas , all can be controlled by Skrtle & Sakho,

One thing that does concern me tho is the level at which special kunt can go tactically , for instance that dirty f***in b***ard David Luis , he is renowned for his antics on field and will no doubt put the boot on literally,

Other than that, I believe we can outdo special KUNTS runts, and take another massive step to no 19.

YNWA
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1182: Apr 19, 2014 12:53:20 pm
      No the kunt most dangerous weapon is harrasing the 3rd referee into giving red cards to the opposition. That is his strongest point. And it's fooking shameful. He should be 100 miles from the dugout.

Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #1183: Apr 19, 2014 07:29:11 pm
      I think Sunderland & Borini just done us a massive favour!!

God we are so close!
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #1184: Apr 19, 2014 07:35:34 pm
      Yessssssssss
      So close !!

Beat norwich tomorrow and ill eat my own underwear if we lose the title!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1185: Apr 19, 2014 07:36:35 pm
      Saw the 2nd half of the Chavs vs Sunderland - am thinking Crystal Palace away will be tougher than Chavs at home. Chavs were really poor, pumping balls up to the front, crap forwards, they looked shapeless.  DELIGHTED to see Maureen squirm the cocky little sh*te.
      If we win at Norwich tomorrow, will be another massive step. Am feeling confident just now, just want it to start...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1186: Apr 19, 2014 07:36:56 pm
      It'd be a cruel F***ing joke if we lose this now.

Just rock up, play our game and we can beat Norwich.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1187: Apr 19, 2014 08:06:56 pm
      It'd be a cruel f**king joke if we lose this now.

Just rock up, play our game and we can beat Norwich.

Its gone well past a joke now mate. If we lose it, we cant, if we did they would change the word cruelty/tragedy in the English dictionary to show a picture of Liverpool fans crying.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,636 posts | 6941 
      Reply #1188: Apr 20, 2014 02:05:14 pm
      bigmick is a witch. A witch I tell thee!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1189: Apr 20, 2014 02:59:10 pm
      bigmick is a witch. A witch I tell thee!

Close. Bigmick is a c***. Never had a sheckle on us at all, not a bean.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1190: Apr 20, 2014 03:14:57 pm
      May as well be the first then to say we'll successfully defend the League Title next season
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1191: Apr 20, 2014 03:14:57 pm

Totally agree with you mate :D

A gutter to not have a penny on us, no idea what price we started the season but I'd be very surprised if we were anything less than 33's.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1192: Apr 20, 2014 03:16:37 pm
      Totally agree with you mate :D

A gutter to not have a penny on us, no idea what price we started the season but I'd be very surprised if we were anything less than 33's.

32/1 on the exchanges mate. Couple of lads in the pub have chunky bets on us at 20's and over.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1193: Apr 20, 2014 03:22:26 pm
      32/1 on the exchanges mate. Couple of lads in the pub have chunky bets on us at 20's and over.

Glad there's some likely to get money off those fuckers, they could at least lay the bet off now at 1/7, nearly as good as having it pay off and just enjoy the last few games rather than completely dying :D

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1194: Apr 20, 2014 03:25:15 pm
      Any idea guys and gals when the open-top parade would be if we win the league? Being from Scotland I need to make plans early, as presumptuous as they might be
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1195: Apr 20, 2014 03:27:36 pm
      Any idea guys and gals when the open-top parade would be if we win the league? Being from Scotland I need to make plans early, as presumptuous as they might be

Hoping Monday lunch. We're in Liverpool from Saturday dinner until then (train back at 2.30) so we're hoping to catch it.

Quick Reply