Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.

Read 107797 times
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #851: Mar 17, 2014 08:15:57 am
      Said it before (cant find post though) -87points is the magic number this season

Nine to go. 25 needed.

Don't think many have mentioned - but what a job Dr Steve Peters ("Chimp Manager" Pychiatrist, Mind doctor extra-ordannaire) has done.

He did it with GB cycling team, Team Sky cycling team - and if you look at the belief and composure of likes of Sturridge, Suarez, Gerrard - he has done an incredible job with us.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #852: Mar 17, 2014 09:17:54 am
      Said it before (cant find post though) -87points is the magic number this season

Nine to go. 25 needed.

Don't think many have mentioned - but what a job Dr Steve Peters ("Chimp Manager" Pychiatrist, Mind doctor extra-ordannaire) has done.

He did it with GB cycling team, Team Sky cycling team - and if you look at the belief and composure of likes of Sturridge, Suarez, Gerrard - he has done an incredible job with us.

I didnt know about this fella, how long has he been there....whats his remit then?
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #853: Mar 17, 2014 11:12:19 am
      I didnt know about this fella, how long has he been there....whats his remit then?

Think it was start of the season... one day a week or something like that
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #854: Mar 17, 2014 11:36:18 am
      Premiership 2014;

Liverpool played 10, won 8, drew 2, lost 0, for 32, against 12, gd +20 points 26.
      Chelsea played 11, won 8, drew 2, lost 1, for 22, against 4, gd +18, points 26.
      Arsenal played 10, won 6, drew 2, lost 2, for 16, against 10, gd +6, points 18.
      Man City played 8, won 6, drew 1, lost 1, for 17, against 6, gd +11, points 17
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #855: Mar 17, 2014 11:36:22 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-appoint-top-rated-sports-3330606

Anyone got any stats on our performance say since Jan 2013 when he started...

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #856: Mar 17, 2014 11:54:24 am
      Remember reading at the start of the season many posts stating that no club goes from finishing 7th one year to winning the title the next in Europe's top leagues.

How F***ing hilarious would it be for us to do just that AND the previous years winners going from 1st to 7th!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Interesting point, and I certainly agree 100% that the attitude of our players, whether we're winning or losing, looks far better generally.

How much of that is down to him specifically, and how much down to our fine form and input from the other backroom staff, I don't know, but very happy to have him behind the scenes.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #857: Mar 17, 2014 01:22:06 pm

There are millions of Liverpool fans across the world. The vast majority of them hate the mancs for good reason, and so should fully understand my stance on the issue.

I for one have no clue why you have the stance you do. I would root for any club on the face of the earth to beat City (or anyone else) if it meant helping us win the title.

manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #858: Mar 17, 2014 01:57:58 pm
      Your own words were "all league concerns are suspended when teams play the scum".

Now I don't care who you are or where you're from but that translates as us winning the League doesn't matter as much as seeing Man United lose does. Well if that's how you view football, then good for you. Me, I care more about Liverpool's successes than I do any other club's failures, so if our winning of the League is going to be helped by United thumping City, then that's the result I would prefer. You on the other hand, don't care so much for us winning just as long as United lose.

That's the sort of behaviour that makes me believe you wouldn't get too hurt by us being relegated providing we took all six points off United or wouldn't actually be too happy to see us win the League if we lost both games to United.

Anybody who puts another club's failures ahead of their own club's success is nothing more than a pathetic tw*t in my opinion.

So to prevent boring the forum and to curb the temptation of really going to town on you, I'm going to end this discussion here. I know you'll reply (they always do) but I won't respond back.

Thank you and goodnight.

*Whispers*

I think he's a bit mad
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #859: Mar 17, 2014 02:56:29 pm
      Never seen so much arguing between supporters when we have so much to be happy about.... madness!!!

I've remained fairly quiet and humble regarding our title chances to date.  I'll do my best not to get carried away, but it certainly feels like a real possibility now!!  I still think we are only 3rd favorites behind City and Chelsea, but the reality is that if we can win both of our home games against them then we are in the drivers seat!!  No matter what happens, it just feels SO GOOD to be back in the hunt again!! 
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #860: Mar 17, 2014 03:06:23 pm
      Just seen a fantastic comment on the title race

Its not a four horse race

Its a 2 horse, 1 pony, 1 chihuahua race

And all I can say to that is , #Woof
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #861: Mar 17, 2014 03:20:02 pm
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #862: Mar 17, 2014 11:27:12 pm
      Whether you respond or not doesn't bother me. I do however, have the right to reply.

City have 11 games left, 9 of them after they go across the road and dish out another dose of reality to the mid table club, so many chances for them to drop the points we need them to after it.

There are millions of Liverpool fans across the world. The vast majority of them hate the mancs for good reason, and so should fully understand my stance on the issue.

This title race looks like it's going down to the wire - things are close enough that it could easily be decided on goal difference.

Yet you would put all of that at risk for the sake of seeing Man United lose another game in a season in which they aren't competing for anything significant and, in fact, I don't even think it's likely that you are even bothered enough about them losing to have a detailed memory of the many defeats they have already suffered. It's hilarious that you spent so long criticising Rafa for our previous tilt at the league when you can't even work out this simple notion. 

It's really very easy to see why so many people consider you a moron.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #863: Mar 17, 2014 11:45:58 pm
      Im not more interested in them losing than us winning, I just want us to win every game going, and them to lose every game going. It's more shameful imo for a Liverpool fan to want the mancs win a corner, let alone a game.

I've always said, and still maintain that the rest of the league have 36 other games to drop points in. But I want City to do them as much as I want Chelsea to do them, Arsenal to do them, Sunderland, Cardiff, Olympiakos etc. On the basis of our result though, I won't have too much to worry about when they face City.

The league table Is irrelevant in such games. No Surrender to the f**king mancs. Ever.

So you'd take us not winning the league if it meant United lost to City.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #864: Mar 17, 2014 11:59:42 pm
      Im not more interested in them losing than us winning, I just want us to win every game going, and them to lose every game going. It's more shameful imo for a Liverpool fan to want the mancs win a corner, let alone a game.

I've always said, and still maintain that the rest of the league have 36 other games to drop points in. But I want City to do them as much as I want Chelsea to do them, Arsenal to do them, Sunderland, Cardiff, Olympiakos etc. On the basis of our result though, I won't have too much to worry about when they face City.

The league table Is irrelevant in such games. No Surrender to the f**king mancs. Ever.

"The league table is irrelevant in such games"

Classic manc-like response - caring more for them than you do your own team.

F***ing terrible attitude.

1) We've supported most teams playing that lot most years partly with rivalry in mind of course, but a lot of the time it has title implications for them as well. This year they are mid-table sh*te, F***ing who gives a sh*t. I want points taken from our COMPETITORS. They are not in that category this year, thank F**k. So though I can never cheer for them, certainly would prefer to see City drop some points.

2) How are you a Liverpool fan? No Liverpool fan wants United to lose more than for us to win the title. It's that simple. I'm not trying to insult by saying that, but F**k me it's a ridiculous notion - nay, a F***ing stupid notion - to suggest that a Manure loss means more than the title. I crave that F***ing trophy more than anything. I had tears run down my face when I saw them left it in 09, because I felt so close to it. They are now irrelevant, they're not even making top four let alone the title. We need the teams who can win the title to drop points. Manure are now a team that can strip points from a direct competitor.

I want you to look in a mirror. Reeeaaaal F***ing hard. Question where your heads at, ask yourself what's more important as a Liverpool fan. If it's seeing the mancs lose, well good for you. Pre-order the DVD already cos congrats, your title is already won. But for reds like myself, I've seen us do the double over the mancs before. Guess what? Means nothing in the grand scheme of things. It's a great F***ing memory, and I watch the highlights of 09, Stevies goals back a decade ago, etc etc, with fond memories. But those holding the trophy at the end of the season are what matters, thats why they play the games.

Bit of a rant, apologies. Just don't get where this mindset comes from. Boggles the mind.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #865: Mar 18, 2014 12:12:14 am
      Remember reading at the start of the season many posts stating that no club goes from finishing 7th one year to winning the title the next in Europe's top leagues.

How f**king hilarious would it be for us to do just that AND the previous years winners going from 1st to 7th!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

On Newkit we called it the "base-camp" theory. The thought was that you couldn't just have a sarnie then go ahead and climb Everest after lunch, you had to build up for it over a couple of seasons by getting gradually nearer.

I think I was the first one to dream it up in fact, I was quite proud of it at the time. Based on this season and our performances it is proving to be utter bollocks of course  :lmao:, but we all get it wrong sometimes. I can't think of an occasion when I'd be more happy to be wrong than if we really pressed on home now.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #866: Mar 18, 2014 05:59:55 am
      Quote from bigvYNWA
      We've supported most teams playing that lot most years partly with rivalry in mind of course, but This year they are mid-table sh*te, F***ing who gives a sh*t. I want points taken from our COMPETITORS. They are not in that category this year, thank F**k. So though I can never cheer for them, certainly would prefer to see City drop some points.

I also want City to drop points. The one exception is when they play the mancs. That applies to all other 17 teams, and the fact the mancs are where they are now, makes absolutely no difference. City will have 9 games left after that game, more than enough opportunities for them to drop points.

I crave that F***ing trophy more than anything. Just don't get where this mindset comes from.

I also crave that trophy, but you said you would never cheer for them. So you understand my position.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #867: Mar 18, 2014 07:22:29 am
      I also want City to drop points. The one exception is when they play the mancs. That applies to all other 17 teams, and the fact the mancs are where they are now, makes absolutely no difference. City will have 9 games left after that game, more than enough opportunities for them to drop points.

I also crave that trophy, but you said you would never cheer for them. So you understand my position.

Completely missed my F***ing point.

Said I'd never cheer for them. Big difference between "cheering" and wanting them to benefit our position. Hell, I'll hope for them cos they're just mid-table trash at this point. Just another Aston Villa as far as I'm concerned. In my opinion, it's even more satisfying to treat them in this manner because it shows how F***ing far the cretinous pieces of sh*t have fallen this season, that them taking points actually benefits us.

You said you'd rather City win than United benefit our positioning for league matters. So no - I F***ing have no understanding of your bewildering position on this matter.

Winning the title < City Winning = your position, from your post. That makes no F***ing sense.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #868: Mar 18, 2014 07:47:21 am
      It makes no sense because I never said it.

My position is I want City to beat the mancs, simply because they're playing the mancs. No other reason.

I've had these situations many times before, and I'll have them again in the future. They didn't end our target chases before, and City winning next week won't end it now either.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #869: Mar 18, 2014 08:22:08 am

It's there.

Done, moving on.

Let's win this thing lads.

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #870: Mar 18, 2014 09:07:04 am
      My position is I want City to beat the mancs, simply because they're playing the mancs. No other reason.

Be careful mate, your showing more of your Chelsea colours......your hatred for Rafa and love for Mourinho and now at the possible expense of LFC winning the title you would cheer on one of our rivals.

If City won and beat us to the title by 1 point you would happy as United lost.....I find that very strange.

Right now we need every team playing our rivals to take something of them.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #871: Mar 18, 2014 10:49:09 am
      Be careful mate, your showing more of your Chelsea colours......your hatred for Rafa and love for Mourinho and now at the possible expense of LFC winning the title you would cheer on one of our rivals.

If City won and beat us to the title by 1 point you would happy as United lost.....I find that very strange.

Right now we need every team playing our rivals to take something of them.

No use trying to talk logic, he's the most stubborn person on the forum and won't concede any point, no matter how small.

Now can people stop quoting him so my ignore feature can work! :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #872: Mar 18, 2014 11:18:59 am
      Hopefully United beat City since they ain't catching the top 4. We need to them to lose their games in hand. I'd also like Chelsea to get no more than a point against Arsenal.  The title will be ours for the taking if we win our remaining games. Anybody wanting City to beat United might as well just go support city as they have no desire for us to win trophies.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #873: Mar 18, 2014 12:06:24 pm
      It makes no sense because I never said it.

I've had these situations many times before, and I'll have them again in the future. They didn't end our target chases before, and City winning next week won't end it now either.

Let me get this straight.

You want City to beat the Mancs, even though that would put our position to win silverware in peril?

So rather than have a higher chance of winning the league, you'd rather see the Mancs lose? Is that what supporting Liverpool is about now?

Actually, come to think of it - isn't that about as bad as them chanting about Liverpool every game? We should be concentrating on ourselves, not the Mancs.

Quick Reply