Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.

Read 107786 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #897: Mar 20, 2014 09:12:55 pm
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #898: Mar 20, 2014 09:53:51 pm
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #899: Mar 21, 2014 10:04:15 pm

When you look at this and think... we've played Everton, Arsenal, and the mancs (and won them by a combined 12-1 score) it's hard not to feel a good amount of confidence in keeping this thing rolling.

Feeling fine right now!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #900: Mar 21, 2014 10:35:51 pm
      When you look at this and think... we've played Everton, Arsenal, and the mancs (and won them by a combined 12-1 score) it's hard not to feel a good amount of confidence in keeping this thing rolling.

Feeling fine right now!

Yep, with you on that one fella.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #901: Mar 21, 2014 10:46:48 pm

Feeling fine right now!

It's incredible mate, I'm truly staggered with the squad we have where Brendan has us sitting at the moment. That alone means he should be given a new contract and of course will. I thought this thread was massively optimistic when created and still have to pinch myself that it's actually realistic. The moment I thought "this is on" was when Stevie buried the penalty in the last moments against Fulham if anyone on the planet deserves a league winners medal more than Stevie G I challenge anyone to tell me who they are because I've never seen someone more deserving without one.

I dream of seeing his reaction of us winning it, I'll freely admit that I'd very nearly accepted the fact that he never would and that saddened me greatly in a football sense. Now should we not make it this year I actually now believe there is every chance that we could just manage it as I see him playing on for a few years. He's surprised me how well he's adapted to his new role and I actually wouldn't swap him for anyone in that position now and that, considering I thought he would struggle massively there is the best thing to witness.

The funny thing is I have no idea how I'd react to us winning our first Premier League title, not a single clue and I'm sure many of you share that feeling, going to be damn good to find out though.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #902: Mar 21, 2014 10:55:09 pm
      I dream of seeing his reaction of us winning it,

I think he might actually cry Luke, after the initial euphoria wore off  :o
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #903: Mar 21, 2014 10:59:59 pm
      I think he might actually cry Luke, after the initial euphoria wore off  :o

Would not surprise me in the least Debs.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #904: Mar 21, 2014 11:08:22 pm
      Would not surprise me in the least Debs.

I will but laughing at the same time  :D
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #905: Mar 21, 2014 11:18:40 pm
      I'm pretty certain there won't be a dry eye in all the red houses across the world..mine for sure..

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #906: Mar 21, 2014 11:24:30 pm
      We have achieved top 4 so we really have nothing to lose. We have a full squad. We must be a chance.

Gotta beat Cardiff first though.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #907: Mar 21, 2014 11:26:47 pm
      We have achieved top 4 so we really have nothing to lose. We have a full squad. We must be a chance.

Gotta beat Cardiff first though.

Don't be so sure with that top 4 lark, United could still...

Bayern... hahaha

hahaha

as you were.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #908: Mar 22, 2014 12:20:13 am

The funny thing is I have no idea how I'd react to us winning our first Premier League title, not a single clue and I'm sure many of you share that feeling, going to be damn good to find out though.

I'm gonna cry tears of happiness... then get F***ing obliterated drunk. Campus bar here in Oregon actually has a few reds pouring beers! You'll find me in the drunk topic a few hours after we win it telling you all how much I wuv youse. :D

YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #909: Mar 22, 2014 03:48:01 am
      As much as I want to believe were going to win the league....Its Football and I have gotten really paranoid and superstitious about it.  The second the talking heads start debating whether Liverpool can win the league, I hit mute and change the channel. I have adopted the same philosophy that Baseball players do when the pitcher is throwing a no hitter, dont talk about it, dont think about and just ignore it.

Plus I have recently turned into a complete lunatic because I decided I am personally responsible for the last 5 wins. I usually DVR matches but the last 5 matches I watched live and we won them all, which automatically means I am responsible for this title run. Including the day I told my boss I had a bad Egg McMuffin and sat on the toilet at work and watched the match on my phone.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #910: Mar 22, 2014 03:51:28 am
      As much as I want to believe were going to win the league....Its Football and I have gotten really paranoid and superstitious about it.  The second the talking heads start debating whether Liverpool can win the league, I hit mute and change the channel. I have adopted the same philosophy that Baseball players do when the pitcher is throwing a no hitter, dont talk about it, dont think about and just ignore it.

Plus I have recently turned into a complete lunatic because I decided I am personally responsible for the last 5 wins. I usually DVR matches but the last 5 matches I watched live and we won them all, which automatically means I am responsible for this title run.

:(

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #911: Mar 22, 2014 06:56:25 am
      Would have given me left bollock to be in there:

United 0-3 Liverpool. And now you're gonna believe us.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the ti
      Reply #912: Mar 22, 2014 07:44:05 am
      My 10 year old is already excited about watching Liverpool in the Champions league next season, as he can't remember watching them when get was 5. It got me thinking how great it would be for all these young Liverpool fans that have chosen the reds as their team, to be rewarded with us lifting the title.
      Despite the obvious temptation to glory hunt, and take the easy option of Utd, City or the chavs, these fans have chose to support a team which never really looked like challenging for the title, it shows just how genuine our fans are.
      We now have a generation of fans like this who have never witnessed us raise the trophy, and stick by us.
      Lets hope that changes this season!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #913: Mar 22, 2014 09:21:07 am
      In no way is this meant to put a dampener on things but I hope we don't fall back to pessimism if we get a bad result in the remaining games.

Keep things in perspective and accept that the target this season was always CL qualification and it looks like that's been achieved.  We all felt that this would be our best and possibly our only chance to do that with the upheaval at certain clubs but the way the season's gone there's no reason why we can't push on again next year and beyond that.

Our form, our players and our Manager have already taken us to a consistently high level we didn't believe possible at the start of campaign so there really is no need to become despondent. 

Let's all enjoy the ride and prepare ourselves for even better to come   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #914: Mar 22, 2014 10:02:38 am

I'm sensing some favouritism towards the right one  :roll:

Looked a great atmosphere.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #915: Mar 22, 2014 10:10:58 am
      I'm sensing some favouritism towards the right one  :roll:

Looked a great atmosphere.

:D
      boomsopolis
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 191 posts |
      Reply #916: Mar 22, 2014 10:21:16 am
      I'd be interested to find out which match people think is more important; City on the 13th or Chelsea on the 27th. I think if we can put one over on City it'll give us an amazing amount of confidence to carry into the Chelsea match. What I like most about the team now is that there is no sense of inadequacy about the squad. They seem to believe that every game is winnable, especially at home, and yet there isn't any arrogance like Mourinho's Chelsea. I think Rodgers deserves a lot of credit for that.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #917: Mar 22, 2014 11:53:20 am
      I'd be interested to find out which match people think is more important; City on the 13th or Chelsea on the 27th. I think if we can put one over on City it'll give us an amazing amount of confidence to carry into the Chelsea match. What I like most about the team now is that there is no sense of inadequacy about the squad. They seem to believe that every game is winnable, especially at home, and yet there isn't any arrogance like Mourinho's Chelsea. I think Rodgers deserves a lot of credit for that.

City are up first so that's the more important game. But today is more important then both those games
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #918: Mar 22, 2014 12:02:31 pm
      In no way is this meant to put a dampener on things but I hope we don't fall back to pessimism if we get a bad result in the remaining games.

Keep things in perspective and accept that the target this season was always CL qualification and it looks like that's been achieved.  We all felt that this would be our best and possibly our only chance to do that with the upheaval at certain clubs but the way the season's gone there's no reason why we can't push on again next year and beyond that.

Our form, our players and our Manager have already taken us to a consistently high level we didn't believe possible at the start of campaign so there really is no need to become despondent. 

Let's all enjoy the ride and prepare ourselves for even better to come   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Totally agree, I hope we win it this season, but its a big ask. One thing that's for sure is that we are now moving in a the right direction, we are surely back in CL which means more money, we have a fantastic cocaching set up and manager, superb young players coming through and the best strike partnership in the country if not the world. Things are looking very very good.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #919: Mar 22, 2014 02:13:36 pm
      Well, looking at the Chavs result today, looks like its down to a one horse, one pony and a chihuahua race

woof.

Quick Reply