Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.

Read 107850 times
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #782: Mar 02, 2014 09:41:15 am
      Before the sky was CL, and now it's the ceiling.

C'mon You Reds! YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #783: Mar 02, 2014 09:49:41 am
      I think what's been a positive this season is that nobody took us seriously, hell even now some aren't even considering the possibility we can win it. 

They're still saying "the defense isn't good enough", "we concede too many", "we're playing at capacity so the wheels will fall off eventually", "we can't keep going at this rate/pace", "Luis won't keep scoring" "Danny can't keep scoring", "we're not used to the pressure", "we don't have the experience" blah de fu**ing blah.

If anything we're getting better, more determined, more clinical but keep it to ourselves eh folks then hopefully by the time we overtake the chavs it'll be too late for anyone to do anything about it  ;D
      RuntyMunty
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #784: Mar 02, 2014 10:00:00 am
      One game at a time. The players can't afford to get ahead of ourselves, 10 games is a long time.

Lets beat the scum and move onto next the next game.

If we can get through these 2 away games as victors, it's 'just' Chelsea and City in our way.

Anfield's giant has awoken from it's slumber.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #785: Mar 02, 2014 10:33:04 am
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #786: Mar 02, 2014 11:18:57 am
       Top league goalscorers in Europe -
      73 - #LFC
      71 - Real Madrid
      70 - Barcelona
      69 - Man City
      66 - Bayern Munich
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #787: Mar 02, 2014 12:20:28 pm
      Ive said for awhile now - we probably need 87pts to win this thing...

so for us,that means in our last 10 games - 9W and 1D...

time to believe :)
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #788: Mar 02, 2014 12:51:58 pm
      It's great that this thread is rumbling on! It had a bit of a novelty feel to it for a while ago but here are, 10 games to go, unbeaten this year and were right in the thick if it! Unbelievable really. Terrific job by the staff and the players and this actually feels a better opportunity than in 2008-9 to me. If we can win at old toilet I think the press attention will really ramp up and then we can see if the players can keep their nerve.

Given how long it's been and how much we all want it, I really feel the Anfield crowd can be the difference in the run in with so many of our big games coming at home. I've witnessed some incredible atmospheres on champions league nights and if we could reproduce that hostility on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon then there is nothing we can't achieve.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #789: Mar 02, 2014 01:04:08 pm

Nice to see the manager and owners giving a big kick in the balls to all the naysayers who said we couldn't / wouldn't do it. Nice to see them piping down now that they have their negativism rammed back down their throats.

We are right in the mix, and although we are outsiders we have a genuine chance. If anything we have momentum with Enrique, Sakho, Lucas to come back plus some potentially interesting contributions from Ibe and Texeira.

We need some dominant aerial presence at the back and Mig needs to come through his wobble but otherwise we are looking in good shape.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #790: Mar 02, 2014 03:39:58 pm
      Nice to see the manager and owners giving a big kick in the balls to all the naysayers who said we couldn't / wouldn't do it. Nice to see them piping down now that they have their negativism rammed back down their throats.
      Harsh that , is that what it's all about for you . Can't good Reds have any criticism of manager or owners . Rodgers has taken all the criticism and taken it on board listening to our concerns and that's what impresses me about him .As for the owners , they haven't done much only hindering him .

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #791: Mar 02, 2014 04:10:38 pm
      Harsh that , is that what it's all about for you . Can't good Reds have any criticism of manager or owners . Rodgers has taken all the criticism and taken it on board listening to our concerns and that's what impresses me about him .As for the owners , they haven't done much only hindering him .

Of course everyone's entitled to an opinion - that's what football's all about.

But those who supported him from the start have the right to hold other people to their opinions. No doubt had Brendon failed half the posters would be on here saying "I told you so" in every other thread and the NESV thread would be at the top of the page. I'm surprised you would think otherwise.

Instead we have made massive progress - that's now undeniable so I'm happy to see his detractors both inside and outside of the club having to shut up for a while. It's odd you think the owners have "hindered" him by sacking Kenny and giving him the job against so much resistance - I guess Ferguson "hindered" Moyes in the same way.

Back to the topic, it's clear that our lack of European competition and clever use of the loan system has worked out well in terms of our smaller squad size. There is a cohesiveness in the group that has worked well for us. The UNited match has become even bigger now; if we get a solid result there our confidence will be through the ceiling.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #792: Mar 02, 2014 04:17:12 pm
      It's odd you think the owners have "hindered" him by sacking Kenny and giving him the job against so much resistance - I guess Ferguson "hindered" Moyes in the same way.
      That's nonsense by mentioning Kenny's sacking it's you that's stirring the sh*t , The owners have consistently left us down in each of the last 2 transfers when it was clear to see that we needed strengthening .

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #793: Mar 02, 2014 04:18:44 pm
      Considering we are just four points off the top with both rivals to come to Anfield and only 10 games left I think it's safe to say we've challenged. Whether we can go on and win it is a different matter though. Needing to beat both City and Chelsea and then hoping other results go our way is a very tough ask.

But if anyone can do it, it's Liverpool.

COME ON YOU REDS!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #794: Mar 02, 2014 04:28:21 pm
      Considering we are just four points off the top with both rivals to come to Anfield and only 10 games left I think it's safe to say we've challenged. Whether we can go on and win it is a different matter though. Needing to beat both City and Chelsea and then hoping other results go our way is a very tough ask.

But if anyone can do it, it's Liverpool.

COME ON YOU REDS!
      Agreed mate , and there are a lot of title winning scenarios that could go our way , Spurs playing Chelsea ,  a draw is possible there dropping 2 for them .

CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #795: Mar 02, 2014 04:37:27 pm
      Agreed mate , and there are a lot of title winning scenarios that could go our way , Spurs playing Chelsea ,  a draw is possible there dropping 2 for them .

Spurs could beat them if they're on their game, but I think I'd be happy with a draw.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #796: Mar 02, 2014 04:40:53 pm
      This is the best chance we have had to go and win the league in a while, i think back in 09 we had a good chance however the teams around us were a bit stronger than they are now, aka United. Now Chelsea, City and Arsenal are all dropping points, so in my eyes its in our grasp, we just need to take it a game at a time.

I want to believe we can do it, just don't want to be distraught if we don't. But i have a feeling regardless of where we finish i think this will be a proud season for Liverpool FC.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #797: Mar 02, 2014 04:46:15 pm
      Spurs could beat them if they're on their game, but I think I'd be happy with a draw.
      They could and Adabayor is finding his form at the right time too .

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #798: Mar 04, 2014 08:20:30 am
      Cas posted this on FB and it was sang during the match and I had the biggest  ;D on my face and I haven't stopped singing it since, even taught it to my 10 year old lad.

We're gonna win the League, We're gonna win the League

Now you're gonna believe us, Now you're gonna believe us

Now you're gonna believe ussssssss.......We're gonna win the League!

:D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #799: Mar 04, 2014 08:35:14 am
      That and the "Poetry in motion" song have been hummed to non stop since full time.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #800: Mar 04, 2014 01:00:03 pm
      Them Newcastle tickets could be like gold dust!

Thank goodness I've got mine  :)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #801: Mar 04, 2014 09:17:54 pm

I bet 'goodness' had nothing to do with it Cas.  ;) :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #802: Mar 04, 2014 09:45:51 pm
      Terrific job by the staff and the players and this actually feels a better opportunity than in 2008-9 to me. If we can win at old toilet I think the press attention will really ramp up and then we can see if the players can keep their nerve.

Given how long it's been and how much we all want it, I really feel the Anfield crowd can be the difference in the run in with so many of our big games coming at home. I've witnessed some incredible atmospheres on champions league nights and if we could reproduce that hostility on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon then there is nothing we can't achieve.
      It feels like a better opportunity to me than 08/09, partly because the "lesser teams" are more than capable of getting points - whether its 1 or the full 3 - agaknst the bigger teams and because we seemore capable of finishing teams off no matter how many the other team score. We only lost 2 games all season but we also lost 11. That season i felt that if the other team scored 2 or 3 that we would probably only get a point but this season i feel that it will take the other team scoring 4 or 5 to even have a chance. We relied too much on Torres whereas this season we could potentially have 2 strikers who surpassed his tally that season.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #803: Mar 04, 2014 09:47:06 pm
      That and the "Poetry in motion" song have been hummed to non stop since full time.

Hearing the "Poetry in motion" sitting on the couch a t 5:30 am on Sunday morning made my bollocks tingle and gave me goose bumps all over.

Quality!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #804: Mar 04, 2014 09:49:21 pm
      Maximum Respect Mick.

Started this thread in November.

Took some balls to do that back then .......

Do you read palms ?

Quick Reply