Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.

Read 107783 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #828: Mar 16, 2014 11:48:58 am
      I hope they drop points in other games but I hope they thrash the scum again, another 6-1 would be nice. All league concerns are suspended when teams play against the scum, as a matter of procedure.

Don't be such a F***ing dickhead.

Basically you're saying, our League aspirations don't matter as long as United get beat. So you're more interested than them losing, than us winning...more interested in them losing than us winning the League. My F***ing god, how can any Liverpool fan think like that.

I want Chelsea and City to lose every game from here on in so we can win the League. I want United to tw*t City so if it comes down to goal difference, ours will be greater. A United win, helps us. But of course you're more interested in United's failures than our successes. Shameful.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #829: Mar 16, 2014 11:50:25 am
      If we win today we have a chance of winning the title, overwise we dont. City scored 2 goals against hull with their captain sent off while Aguero was injured so he missed the game.  Strange comments from people saying that city suck without Aguero. That is like us beating hull without Suarez and scoring 2 goals after Gerrard being sent off, but we didn't win when we had 11 men including Suarez. Sure it's just one game.... but seriously these people thinking city will slip up both their games in hand... even if we catch chelsea city are the favourites now whilst we've slipped to 3rd without playing a game.  Would you guys still take 2 points over 2 games in hand? I certainly wouldn't.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #830: Mar 16, 2014 11:59:10 am
      The favourites are the team who have the points on the board, because common footballing sense dictates that games in hand are of no use, unless you win them. Which is why Chelsea are favourites to win the title, being 7 points clear with 10 games left.
      it all depends on who those games in hand are against.  City are clear favourites to me.  They win their games in hand and they're top. Right now the bookies are also seeing man city as favourites.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #831: Mar 16, 2014 03:42:49 pm
      it all depends on who those games in hand are against.  City are clear favourites to me.  They win their games in hand and they're top. Right now the bookies are also seeing man city as favourites.
      The odds are on Citeh and Chelski for top two spots.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #832: Mar 16, 2014 04:00:23 pm
      I've said it often enough but once more won't hurt...F**k the title challenge, we're gonna win the League.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #833: Mar 16, 2014 04:04:44 pm
      27 points left up for grabs. Would 20 from 27 win the title?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #834: Mar 16, 2014 04:37:53 pm
      27 points left up for grabs. Would 20 from 27 win the title?

I think 86 will. Although 89 will be the number to aim for (the maximum).
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #835: Mar 16, 2014 04:43:34 pm
      Quote from dunlop liddell shankly
      Basically you're saying, our League aspirations don't matter. So you're more interested than them losing, than us winning...more interested in them losing than us winning the League. My god, how can any Liverpool fan think like that.

I want Chelsea and City to lose every game from here on in so we can win the League.

Im not more interested in them losing than us winning, I just want us to win every game going, and them to lose every game going. It's more shameful imo for a Liverpool fan to want the mancs win a corner, let alone a game.

I've always said, and still maintain that the rest of the league have 36 other games to drop points in. But I want City to do them as much as I want Chelsea to do them, Arsenal to do them, Sunderland, Cardiff, Olympiakos etc. On the basis of our result though, I won't have too much to worry about when they face City.

The league table Is irrelevant in such games. No Surrender to the F***ing mancs. Ever.
      fivecups
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #836: Mar 16, 2014 08:47:47 pm
      Big Mick just loves a punt is all!

You should have heard some of the stuff he came out with on the old newkit forum!  ;D :roll:

Who would have put the terms "next Big Thing" and "Robert Earnshaw" together eh Mick lad  :-*

Absolutely, but have to say fair play on this call, I couldn't quite see it back in November, but what a season we are having!!
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #837: Mar 16, 2014 09:01:59 pm
      St Mary's and Old Trafford are two grounds we really struggle at But we've just banged in 6 goals with two clean sheets. I've been very cautious about our chances mainly because of self-preservation but when you look at our run in we have a fantastic chance to win this thing. Our away games are all against sides who are struggling and scrapping in the bottom half of the table and obviously we've got the two 6-pointers at home to City and Chelsea.

And as for top 4 it does now look as though the current top four will occupy those spots come the end of the season given the gap that has opened up
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #838: Mar 16, 2014 09:31:40 pm
      If West Ham keep their form up, that's one of the games I'd be worried about especially with it being away from home. I reckon the game against Norwich will be a big one too! We need to hammer 5 past them to get our goal difference up just in case it comes down to that at the end of the season.

I do believe we can do it should we keep our winning form up. Confident of giving Cardiff a trashing.

Tickets for the Newcastle game will be like gold dust!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #839: Mar 16, 2014 10:10:56 pm
      Tickets for the Newcastle game will be like gold dust!
      One of my lads best mates is a barcode. Always able to get a few tickets. Better get the ball rolling now.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #840: Mar 16, 2014 11:30:20 pm
      Im not more interested in them losing than us winning, I just want us to win every game going, and them to lose every game going. It's more shameful imo for a Liverpool fan to want the mancs win a corner, let alone a game.

I've always said, and still maintain that the rest of the league have 36 other games to drop points in. But I want City to do them as much as I want Chelsea to do them, Arsenal to do them, Sunderland, Cardiff, Olympiakos etc. On the basis of our result though, I won't have too much to worry about when they face City.

The league table Is irrelevant in such games. No Surrender to the F***ing mancs. Ever.

Your own words were "all league concerns are suspended when teams play the scum".

Now I don't care who you are or where you're from but that translates as us winning the League doesn't matter as much as seeing Man United lose does. Well if that's how you view football, then good for you. Me, I care more about Liverpool's successes than I do any other club's failures, so if our winning of the League is going to be helped by United thumping City, then that's the result I would prefer. You on the other hand, don't care so much for us winning just as long as United lose.

That's the sort of behaviour that makes me believe you wouldn't get too hurt by us being relegated providing we took all six points off United or wouldn't actually be too happy to see us win the League if we lost both games to United.

Anybody who puts another club's failures ahead of their own club's success is nothing more than a pathetic tw*t in my opinion.

So to prevent boring the forum and to curb the temptation of really going to town on you, I'm going to end this discussion here. I know you'll reply (they always do) but I won't respond back.

Thank you and goodnight.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #841: Mar 16, 2014 11:38:57 pm
      Your own words were "all league concerns are suspended when teams play the scum".

Now I don't care who you are or where you're from but that translates as us winning the League doesn't matter as much as seeing Man United lose does. Well if that's how you view football, then good for you. Me, I care more about Liverpool's successes than I do any other club's failures, so if our winning of the League is going to be helped by United thumping City, then that's the result I would prefer. You on the other hand, don't care so much for us winning just as long as United lose.

That's the sort of behaviour that makes me believe you wouldn't get too hurt by us being relegated providing we took all six points off United or wouldn't actually be too happy to see us win the League if we lost both games to United.

Anybody who puts another club's failures ahead of their own club's success is nothing more than a pathetic tw*t in my opinion.

So to prevent boring the forum and to curb the temptation of really going to town on you, I'm going to end this discussion here. I know you'll reply (they always do) but I won't respond back.

Thank you and goodnight.

F***ing hell. You should see him in the Rafa thread. Must have home one day to find Rafa hanging out of his bird.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #842: Mar 16, 2014 11:41:03 pm
      We are going to win it
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #843: Mar 16, 2014 11:46:53 pm

A clueless analogy there , I hope United thump City it's all down to numbers .

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #844: Mar 16, 2014 11:56:26 pm
      No. 19 is on the horizon.  As for Utd can't give a monkey's toss about them.  They're finished for this season.  They can win all their games or lose them.  It won't effect us.  I think I'll draw the curtain when they play or switch the channel!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #845: Mar 17, 2014 12:05:18 am
      I reckon we have to win 7 of the remaining 9 to stand a decent chance. Win 8 of them and I reckon we win the league. Of course it depends who we get those wins against.

None of those games look unwinnable either. I think the side who is the best between now and the end of the season will win the league.

And considering the incentive, I doubt we'll struggle to get fired up for any of the games against lower opposition.

Beat Cardiff and we have 5 of our final 8 games at Anfield.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #846: Mar 17, 2014 12:09:12 am
      We haven't won 6 straight League games in a single season since 2005/06 and we've only ever won six straight League games in a single season three times in the Premiership era. (twice in 05/06 when we won 10 and 9 on the bounce at different points and in 01/02 when we won 7)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #847: Mar 17, 2014 01:19:52 am
      We are going for the F***ing league.... of course we want United to beat Citeh!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #848: Mar 17, 2014 04:42:08 am
      Quote from dunlop liddell shankly

Whether you respond or not doesn't bother me. I do however, have the right to reply.

City have 11 games left, 9 of them after they go across the road and dish out another dose of reality to the mid table club, so many chances for them to drop the points we need them to after it.

There are millions of Liverpool fans across the world. The vast majority of them hate the mancs for good reason, and so should fully understand my stance on the issue.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #849: Mar 17, 2014 05:18:51 am
      City's next 3 away games - Old Trafford, Emirates & Anfield. That should be something. I hope Kompany gets a 3-match ban for his rude gesture at the 4th official and his kick, making him unavailable for the trips to OT and Emirates. That way, they'll have a Demichelis-Lescott pairing in the middle  :D

How long is Aguero out ppl?
      « Last Edit: Mar 17, 2014 06:45:32 am by Vicks86 »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #850: Mar 17, 2014 07:04:10 am
      Whether you respond or not doesn't bother me. I do however, have the right to reply.

City have 11 games left, 9 of them after they go across the road and dish out another dose of reality to the mid table club, so many chances for them to drop the points we need them to after it.

There are millions of Liverpool fans across the world. The vast majority of them hate the mancs for good reason, and so should fully understand my stance on the issue.

I bet ya millions of Liverpool fans would want United to win that match against City, even draw with them. Taking any points off a side clallenging for the Title only benefits us. I don't give a F**k about United but wouldn't it be even more ironic if they beat Citeh and it helps us win the Title. Even more reason to laugh at them and give them more sh*t.

Quick Reply