Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.

Read 108590 times
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #1104: Apr 08, 2014 08:39:51 pm
      BEAT city and the advantage is well and truly with us.

Well, come to think of it its with us anyway because we are LIVERPOOL
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Re: May as well be first...I think we're going to seriously challenge for the title.
      Reply #1105: Apr 08, 2014 10:10:19 pm
      Absolutely great news for us with the chavs qualifying for the Champions League Semi-Final tonight. As much as I hated willing them to win it is the best thing for our title chances given that they will now play us in between the 2 ties. If we can just do the business at home to City this weekend I would really fancy us against what is likely to be a weakened Chelsea side.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1106: Apr 08, 2014 10:15:34 pm
      A story in the Daily Star illustrates the above perfectly:
      Everton defender Sylvain Distin does not share the view of some Toffees fans in not wanting the club to qualify for the Champions League as long as rivals Liverpool do not win the league.

Work that out in the context of unbending support for your club.

Dint read the story but did hear about it. What a pack of gobshites they must really be. Champions league would be great for them as a club and they would rather give it if it meant we didn't win the league. Bitter bitter fools
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1107: Apr 09, 2014 01:19:12 am
      Quote from Scottbot
      Absolutely great news for us with the chavs qualifying for the Champions League Semi-Final tonight. it is the best thing for our title chances given that they will now play us in between the 2 ties.

If the second leg of their semi final is on the Tuesday, our game against them is on Saturday at 5.30pm.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #1108: Apr 13, 2014 10:06:47 pm
      No longer think we are seriously gonna challenge... Think we are gonna win it!!!

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1109: Apr 16, 2014 09:44:09 pm
      Wow, City drew. Maybe just Maybe!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1110: Apr 16, 2014 09:46:10 pm

That was very unexpected, but at the same time I kind of had a feeling Sunderland might be dangerous for Citeh. So its now down to us and the chavs in my opinion, but I'm sure that they'll drop points as well. If we can beat Norwich then I think we'll win it.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #1111: Apr 16, 2014 09:46:52 pm
      *rubs hands together*.. Win remaining games and we can even afford a draw with the Chavs.. Not like I dont want us to smash em to bit like...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1112: Apr 16, 2014 09:47:25 pm
      City drew. Toffees lost.

More headroom between us and City with one less game.

Palace to play the Hammers then City at home and us also at their ground.
      Theyve got to 40 points and safety tonight.

Lets hope their final sting is for City.

Confucius he say : We live in interesting times.
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #1113: Apr 16, 2014 09:48:54 pm

We just went a step closer without even kicking a ball.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1114: Apr 16, 2014 09:50:10 pm
      *rubs hands together*.. Win remaining games and we can even afford a draw with the Chavs.. Not like I dont want us to smash em to bit like...

We could have afforded a draw before tonights match ..... but not a May 89 Anfield result.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      Reply #1115: Apr 16, 2014 09:51:45 pm
      Caution lads, caution

Lets be thankful of tonights results no doubt about it. But let it also show us how points can be dropped. Palace beating high flying Everton they'll be buzzing now, dying to get at us, and the bottom side getting a result at city.

Make no fooking mistake reds that were in for a game on Sunday
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1116: Apr 16, 2014 09:52:42 pm
      We just went a step closer without even kicking a ball.

Feels great eh! Was nearly as nervous as Sunday though. Did you see Mannone howler? Could of been, should of been 3 points to Sunderland
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #1117: Apr 16, 2014 09:53:25 pm
      hopefully sunderland can get something out of their game with chelsea this weekend

i think even then i wont fully believe we can win it until its mathematically impossible for us not to... if that makes sense
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1118: Apr 16, 2014 09:56:00 pm
      The Norwich game is gonna be a tough one. Title winning game again, especially if Chelski win on Sat. Pressure is for tyres!

Hope Suarez gets another 1st half hatrick!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1119: Apr 16, 2014 09:56:56 pm
      Don't normally drink work nights, but I'll have a tot of Bourbon to toast the black cats after I am home & showered.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      Reply #1120: Apr 16, 2014 09:59:12 pm
      hopefully sunderland can get something out of their game with chelsea this weekend

i think even then i wont fully believe we can win it until its mathematically impossible for us not to... if that makes sense

Sunderland at the bridge....hard to see them scoring there but could they fight out a nil all?? Huge weekend ahead
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,198 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1121: Apr 16, 2014 09:59:18 pm
      This match completely escaped my mind. Imagine my surprise to see they've just dropped what could be two MASSIVE points.

F**k, this just got even bigger.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1122: Apr 16, 2014 10:02:50 pm
      Mas as well be first... and I'm seriously considering doing something crazy - like spending money I should be saving so I can be in Liverpool come our last league game.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1123: Apr 16, 2014 10:03:32 pm
      Gotta say that's a great result for us. City dropping 2 pts at home. Who would've thought :)
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #1124: Apr 16, 2014 10:04:28 pm
      In some ways I was happier with the players thinking they have to win them all, if it starts to slip into their heads
      that they can draw a game then the could do.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #1125: Apr 16, 2014 10:04:30 pm
      Caution lads, caution

Lets be thankful of tonights results no doubt about it. But let it also show us how points can be dropped. Palace beating high flying Everton they'll be buzzing now, dying to get at us, and the bottom side getting a result at city.

Make no fooking mistake reds that were in for a game on Sunday

Exactly

let's show our intent against Norwich and beat them on saturday.

It's ours to lose
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1126: Apr 16, 2014 10:06:58 pm
      Sunderland have taken 4 points off City for the 2nd straight season! Fingers crossed they can do us another favour at Chelsea at the weekend. It buys us a little bit of breathing space. A draw with Chelsea and 3 wins would now be enough to bag the title but at the same time Chelsea now know that 4 wins for them and they are Champions. It couldn't be closer! Great for us that our game is sandwiched in between a Champs League semi-final. Happily wish them all the way to a 2nd European Cup if it meant we get the title.

Quick Reply