Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Rodolfo Borrell & Frank McParland Sacked?

Read 20832 times
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Rodolfo Borrell & Frank McParland Sacked?
      Nov 21, 2013 08:49:13 am
      The Anfield Wrap tweeted this news late last night that both Rodo & McParland have been sacked.

Tony Barrett confirmed there IS truth in these rumours.

What.

The.

F**k.

I'm stunned
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2013 11:28:00 pm by JD »
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Rodolfo Borrell & Frank McParland Sacked?
      Reply #1: Nov 21, 2013 08:52:12 am
      Seems legit.

Baffling stuff. Surely can't be performance related.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #2: Nov 21, 2013 08:55:57 am
      Seen this last night and if true it is probably the most bizarre move yet by the club.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #3: Nov 21, 2013 09:10:01 am
      Just seen Barrett posting this on Twitter, I'm gobsmacked!
      All those plaudits we've had in recent times for the class of our Academy and we've now lost Segura, Borrell and McParland  :f_doh:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4: Nov 21, 2013 09:11:00 am
      Very strange to say the least but Brendan's been clear since day one, he wants his people in senior positions on the football side.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #5: Nov 21, 2013 09:12:32 am
      This is just stupid. Why get rid of someone who's doing a great job?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6: Nov 21, 2013 09:16:49 am
      Time will tell but I've serious doubts about this story; especially the 'sacked' part. I'm not too sure what they could have done to warrant being dismissed: if you get my drift?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #7: Nov 21, 2013 09:27:18 am
      Time will tell but I've serious doubts about this story; especially the 'sacked' part. I'm not too sure what they could have done to warrant being dismissed: if you get my drift?

I hear you

Hope Rodolfo isn't gone, he is a superb coach
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #8: Nov 21, 2013 09:47:47 am
      This shouldn't surprise anyone. 

Rodgers doesn't want anyone at the club with the proverbial bigger d*ck than him.

Rodolfo was with Rafa and knows what a big time manager is like, so Rodgers can't have anyone in the organization that overshadows him in any way or questions his authority.  Same reason they shipped Reina off, he probably saw right through Rodgers too.

insecure little man isn't he.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #9: Nov 21, 2013 09:49:49 am
      I find this really hard to believe. The only reason I can think of for sacking both mid season is gross misconduct, and I just can't see that being the case.
      They are both still named on the official site, and the club do not appear to have confirmed or denied this. They need to clarify the situation ASAP.
      This could have an unsettling effect on the whole club, if true.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #10: Nov 21, 2013 09:52:58 am
      I'm surprised to hear this news, I know Borrell's Cv might be amazing, like coaching Messi etc... But something isn't in sync if they got sacked and something isn't in sync if the only breakthrough player is Sterling, who is crap.
      I always think this; even if I will always have an opinion on LFC, I am not more knowledgeable than the club and manager/directors/execs.
      The structure may of needed reforming and a change needed to happen, is the most common sense answer.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #11: Nov 21, 2013 09:58:24 am

Rodgers doesn't want anyone at the club with the proverbial bigger d*ck than him.

Rodgers can't have anyone in the organization that overshadows him in any way or questions his authority.  Same reason they shipped Reina off, he probably saw right through Rodgers too.

Yes, which is why he shipped out Gerrard, Suarez and Carragher too as soon as he arrived.

You F***ing moron.
      Redangel

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #12: Nov 21, 2013 09:59:13 am
      The timing of this is just bizarre. Why risk unsettling things just before the derby.
      Why not wait 'till the end of the season before making such drastic changes.
      This does not make sense on any level.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #13: Nov 21, 2013 10:02:01 am

Rodolfo was with Rafa and knows what a big time manager is like, so Rodgers can't have anyone in the organization that overshadows him in any way or questions his authority.  Same reason they shipped Reina off, he probably saw right through Rodgers too.

FFS... You just added your own Eastenders/Coronation street plot..  *sighs*
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #14: Nov 21, 2013 10:02:37 am
      Reds sack Academy pair McParland and Borrell
      Liverpool FC have sacked Academy director Frank McParland and Academy technical director Rodolfo Borrell.

The ECHO understands the duo were both informed of the club's decision to relieve them of their duties yesterday.

The departure of two such highly-respected and established figures from Liverpool's Kirkby base represents a major shock.

Both McParland and Borrell had earned praise for helping to kick-start the conveyor belt of talent from Kirkby to Melwood in recent years.

Full article

little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #15: Nov 21, 2013 10:05:25 am
      This is a very very strange decision. It must be a breach of discipline or something, because it can't be down to poor performance especially Borrell.

I see that Lewis Hatch has tweeted saying 'made up he got sacked'... There could be something behind it.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #16: Nov 21, 2013 10:08:29 am
      Yes, which is why he shipped out Gerrard, Suarez and Carragher too as soon as he arrived.

You f**king moron.

Carra retired after only one year, no threat to Rodgers long term.

Suarez is too essential to the team to ship him off.

Stevie is too scared to stand up to anyone in authority at the club.  Go read Carra's book, Carra himself said that he and Stevie got in fights under H&G because Carra thought Stevie should speak up but Stevie was too afraid.

If Stevie was too afraid to speak out when the club was about to go out of existence then there's no way he's got the bollocks to call Rodgers out, unfortunately.
      EBLFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #17: Nov 21, 2013 10:12:32 am

^^^ Just ;D.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #18: Nov 21, 2013 10:25:19 am
      Carra retired after only one year, no threat to Rodgers long term.

Suarez is too essential to the team to ship him off.

Stevie is too scared to stand up to anyone in authority at the club.  Go read Carra's book, Carra himself said that he and Stevie got in fights under H&G because Carra thought Stevie should speak up but Stevie was too afraid.

If Stevie was too afraid to speak out when the club was about to go out of existence then there's no way he's got the bollocks to call Rodgers out, unfortunately.

Carragher is now working for Sky. If he felt any inclination to "call Rodgers out" he now has a captive audience of millions.

He hasn't. Do you know why? I suspect you do.

And Reina's departure had F**k all to do with his dressing room influence or threat to Rodgers and his "big swinging dick"

In summary: you're F***ing strange, and you have some strange ideas

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #19: Nov 21, 2013 10:28:56 am
      I'm devastated by this news.
      Rumours they are off to City.
      Right before the derby too.
      FSG love shooting themselves in the foot at exactly the wrong time.
      I can't begin to describe how wrong I think this is.
      Seems like the good ones have all been fired while
      the ones that should really be fired remain.

Segura.
      Borrell.
      McParland.

Gone.

Only Ayre left then...
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #20: Nov 21, 2013 10:31:52 am
      The timing of this is just bizarre. Why risk unsettling things just before the derby.
      Why not wait 'till the end of the season before making such drastic changes.
      This does not make sense on any level.

Exactly, which is why I wonder if it has been a case of misconduct. Can't imagine in mid November, somebody simply decided they weren't good enough.
      Unfortunately we are unlikely to find out the truth if that's the case, certainly not in the form of an official statement. It will be all that "parted ways", "mutual agreement" corporate bollocks I bet.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #21: Nov 21, 2013 10:36:06 am
      Exactly, which is why I wonder if it has been a case of misconduct. Can't imagine in mid November, somebody simply decided they weren't good enough.
      Unfortunately we are unlikely to find out the truth if that's the case, certainly not in the form of an official statement. It will be all that "parted ways", "mutual agreement" corporate bollocks I bet.

We are very likely to find out the truth, given how Liverpool is a notoriously gossipy city.

I wonder if there was some "unofficial" contact and communication between the departed duo and their next prospective employer, which LFC found out about, and reacted to swiftly.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #22: Nov 21, 2013 10:36:56 am

hahaha I read this entire post before looking at the username and laughing. what a F***ing obvious WUM you are.

Quick Reply