Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Rodolfo Borrell & Frank McParland Sacked?

Read 21146 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Rodolfo Borrell & Frank McParland Sacked?
      Reply #23: Nov 21, 2013 10:37:28 am
      Here is something I was told via Facebook messaging back in August. I didn't read too much into it because it came from a Bitter and Monkey Hanger but maybe he was on to something?

A mate of mine used to play for Wrexham and his mate was your academy manager until recently, somebody Cooper. Rodgers has just changed everything round as he has his own ideas.

He then went on to say:

I got the impression Rodgers had rubbed a few people up the wrong way, trying to force people out to get his own men in. Obviously that's come from someone he wanted out though.

:confused-smiley-013:
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #24: Nov 21, 2013 10:39:01 am
      Federer, you are funny, like some brother/sister who is a nuisance, but why in the hell have you got BR's dick in your mind? You've chosen the road that leads to people envisaging male appendages swinging in comparison to each other.
      I think you are from redcafe i.e you don't support Liverpool fc, and you have derailed a lot of the threads I've read here, I don't think you are a true LFC supporter at all, if I had to watch an LFC match with you I'd end up twatting you or possibly find you funny because you are more bitter than an Evertonian.
      « Last Edit: Nov 21, 2013 10:48:56 am by fishpie »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3895 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: Nov 21, 2013 10:43:33 am
      Here is something I was told via Facebook messaging back in August. I didn't read too much into it because it came from a Bitter and Monkey Hanger but maybe he was on to something?

A mate of mine used to play for Wrexham and his mate was your academy manager until recently, somebody Cooper. Rodgers has just changed everything round as he has his own ideas.

He then went on to say:

I got the impression Rodgers had rubbed a few people up the wrong way, trying to force people out to get his own men in. Obviously that's come from someone he wanted out though.

:confused-smiley-013:

In the case of Rodolfo, he would clearly be a threat to Brendan.
      If you were looking to promote from within he'd be perfect.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #26: Nov 21, 2013 10:46:29 am

In the case of Rodolfo, he would clearly be a threat to Brendan.
      If you were looking to promote from within he'd be perfect.

Yes perfect, given that Rodolfo has precisely zero management experience and would have NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER of succeeding Rodgers.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3895 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Nov 21, 2013 10:49:06 am
      Yes perfect, given that Rodolfo has precisely zero management experience and would have NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER of succeeding Rodgers.

Barcelona promoted from within after Pep.
      Liverpool promoted from within after Shanks.

Clubs can do it if they have the right structures in place.
      People within the club, who know the ethos,
      can make great replacements.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #28: Nov 21, 2013 10:52:47 am
      Barcelona promoted from within after Pep.
      Liverpool promoted from within after Shanks.

Clubs can do it if they have the right structures in place.
      People within the club, who know the ethos,
      can make great replacements.
      racerx34 makes a valid point here, not my conversation, but it's never stopped me in real life so won't online too.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #29: Nov 21, 2013 10:55:31 am
      Much like when Reina left, everyone is a rush to jump to a conclusion. On that occasion of course in the football version of the old kids show "Runaround" most got it completely wrong.

My guess is many will get it wrong here too. Obviously the usual suspects will and do claim that Brendan is behind it and it's because he's "insecure", but my guess is that it won't be that. No doubt it will become fairly clear fairly soon however, but if the manager thinks the club would be better served with these guys no longer in there then fair enough.

FWIW though, my guess is the dismissal is on a misconduct charge and a fairly damning one at that. If I'm right, the decision will have been taken by Ayre rather than the manager.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #30: Nov 21, 2013 10:57:50 am
      racerx34 makes a valid point here, not my conversation, but it's never stopped me in real life so won't online too.

The number of times a youth team coach has replaced a manager at a top club vs the number of times it hasn't happened, does, by my calculations, mean it is very, very, very, very, very, very, very unlikely.

To the point where it would seem almost pointless to even speculate about.

In fact, the chances of Rodolfo succeeding Rodgers as manager of Liverpool are about the same now as they were before Liverpool sacked him.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #31: Nov 21, 2013 11:03:15 am
      The number of times a youth team coach has replaced a manager at a top club vs the number of times it hasn't happened, does, by my calculations, mean it is very, very, very, very, very, very, very unlikely.

To the point where it would seem almost pointless to even speculate about.

In fact, the chances of Rodolfo succeeding Rodgers as manager of Liverpool are about the same now as they were before Liverpool sacked him.
      I get what you're saying yes, but I'd say don't be surprised if you see Borrell crop up somewhere as a manager or a coach of a first team.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #32: Nov 21, 2013 11:05:25 am
      Much like when Reina left, everyone is a rush to jump to a conclusion. On that occasion of course in the football version of the old kids show "Runaround" most got it completely wrong.

My guess is many will get it wrong here too. Obviously the usual suspects will and do claim that Brendan is behind it and it's because he's "insecure", but my guess is that it won't be that. No doubt it will become fairly clear fairly soon however, but if the manager thinks the club would be better served with these guys no longer in there then fair enough.

FWIW though, my guess is the dismissal is on a misconduct charge and a fairly damning one at that. If I'm right, the decision will have been taken by Ayre rather than the manager.

The last paragraph makes me think you know a bit more than you're letting on.
      This is why the club need to act, and release a statement confirming or denying what is being reported. The rumour mill is in full swing and it is unfair on all parties concerned, every news channel is reporting it, and the fact that the club have refused to comment.
      We really do like to shoot ourselves in the foot!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3895 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33: Nov 21, 2013 11:06:22 am
      This is why the club need to act, and release a statement confirming or denying what is being reported. The rumour mill is in full swing and it is unfair on all parties concerned, every news channel is reporting it, and the fact that the club have refused to comment.

There are some rumours going around that they were caught having talks with Man City.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #34: Nov 21, 2013 11:07:50 am
      There are some rumours going around that they were caught having talks with Man City.

*surprised face*

The End.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #35: Nov 21, 2013 11:08:25 am
      Our manager is in his early forties and we are at the dizzy heights of second in the league. I suppose there is/was a chance that the owners would say "ta v much Brendan but we're going to put the youth team coach in charge, the fella with no top flight experience" but I would rate it no higher than very slight.

If it really is a "sacking", what could it possibly be about? Here's some scenarios off the top of my head:

a) Borrell and/or Macparland were behind the scenes negotiating with another club about possibly moving there and the powers that be at Liverpool got wind of it.

b) The two people above were passing on information about our most promising youngsters or our club to other managers they knew or previously worked with, in order to facilitate transfers of players.

c) Ether or both of the above were working and conducting themselves in a  way which was disrespectful to the management of the senior team, and in a way which sought to undermine that management team.

Then obviously there's completely off the wall and wildly speculative stuff, one of them was shagging the tea lady, one of young players mums, that kind of gear. Whatever it though, my guess is that we wouldn't "sack" long term employees without due consideration and reason.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #36: Nov 21, 2013 11:09:34 am

Generally speaking with my posts the opposite is the case. I actually know less than I'm letting on, not more.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #37: Nov 21, 2013 11:10:02 am

Don't let Mick's post make you think, he doesn't before he sends them.  ;)

Sorry Mick, couldn't resist.  :)

Mind you, if I had to guess, I'd go with they'd be found out to be talking to another team about employment prospects.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #38: Nov 21, 2013 11:12:05 am
      What if both have been 'tapped up' to join another club , say at the end of the season.

They then told their employers this - and the reaction was ' Ok, if you want to go, you can go. But you go today - not at the end of the season'

Its a theory that fits the facts we know
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #39: Nov 21, 2013 11:13:05 am

Surely that is not a sackable offence, a disciplinary measure, but not sufficient reason to be sacked. If that is indeed the case, it would seem to me that the club were looking for an excuse to get rid.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3895 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #40: Nov 21, 2013 11:13:35 am
      I NEVER F***ing SAID HE SHOULD REPLACE RODGERS.

Right I'm out.
      Read what you F***ing like into what I said,
      I still don't believe it's good, however it happened, to lose Rodolfo.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #41: Nov 21, 2013 11:15:14 am
      What if both have been 'tapped up' to join another club , say at the end of the season.

They then told their employers this - and the reaction was ' Ok, if you want to go, you can go. But you go today - not at the end of the season'

Its a theory that fits the facts we know

Yep, that's a sensible possibility.

And Rodders, you're right mate don't apologise  ;D
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #42: Nov 21, 2013 11:15:53 am
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #43: Nov 21, 2013 11:18:29 am
      Generally speaking with my posts the opposite is the case. I actually know less than I'm letting on, not more.

There was me thinking you had inside info, a spy in the camp. What a let down.
      Ooooh, you're a tease!   ;D
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #44: Nov 21, 2013 11:19:27 am
      Borrell is the real loss here. He's very good with the young lads on the pitch, helps transform them tactically and as well off the pitch. McFarland I believe wasn't trusted by some at the club previous to this.

I do think Borrell was off at some point either way. So if he was looking around for another job, it's hardly a surprise to me. I imagine Critchley will take over for Borrell and maybe we've already got a replacement lined up for McFarland.

Gutted though. Massive losses for the club.
      « Last Edit: Nov 21, 2013 11:25:46 am by Red5man »
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #45: Nov 21, 2013 11:22:48 am
      Must be discipline related.

Must be.

Quick Reply