Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Rodolfo Borrell & Frank McParland Sacked?

Read 21132 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Re: Rodolfo Borrell & Frank McParland Sacked?
      Reply #138: Nov 22, 2013 03:25:03 pm
      Maybe I'm pissing in the wind with this but was not Macca,Fowler & Jones not working with the Academy recently & it may have something to do with bringing in former players back in as coaches?.

Maybe of the mark as usual ;)
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #139: Nov 22, 2013 04:01:08 pm
      Ok ok, more conspiracy theory. They are the one leaking out our intended transfer targets which resulted in us missing out on a few key players. Yes? Still the truth isn't out yet. Say whatever you like. It's all speculation. I can say mine.

Who did we miss out on?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #140: Nov 22, 2013 04:17:56 pm
      Well I never did get the hype surrounding Rodolfo, but then again I haven't followed his work all that closely. I'm willing to wait for the explanation (which will no doubt raise more questions than answers) before sounding off about it. You never know... FSG might have a plan that they think is in the best interests for the club  :confused-smiley-013:
      was the plan devised by Baldrick ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #141: Nov 22, 2013 04:20:45 pm
      Maybe they made a joke about Ayre's mo-ped
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #142: Nov 22, 2013 04:23:34 pm
      Maybe they made a joke about Ayre's mo-ped
      or he's got the job as academy boss !
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #143: Nov 22, 2013 04:23:49 pm
      That's the part which throws me s@int.

I asked a question on top of the page - "Borrell & McParland looked after the young 'uns at Kirkby then handed them on, for further development, by Inglethorpe, at Melwood: is that correct?"

If that is correct and if 'we' have a problem with our youths making the step up; then surely the problem isn't with Borrell and McParland? If they get the 'kids' to a certain level then hand them over it can't be their [Borrell & McParland] fault that, of the many who made first team appearances, none have been able to command a regular starting place.

It's a strange one and, as I said earlier, it'll be interesting to see what the 'new direction' is and how much more fruit it'll bear.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #144: Nov 22, 2013 04:24:15 pm
      As much as I think Borrell and McParland have done excellent work while they have been here I've always been of the opinion that the manager should have a big say in the running of the football side of the club so I'm not going to be critical if Brendan is behind this latest move.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #145: Nov 22, 2013 04:36:10 pm
      Really disturbing if its Mr Sparkleteeth behind this...

He's got 1 yr experience of Anfield. And one year's other PL experience... taking over others work at an absolute pisspot of a club that make Transmere look like aristocrats. Before that? Championship and sacked by Reading.

He's not some "guru" or budding superstar. He's a young rookie, who could have learnt from Rodolfo and Frank. I really hope we don't see any more Souness style revolutionaryism. Because, any real fan should know where that left us... Not impressive at all... I mean we only really started seeing progress on the pitch after key players started dumping this tika taka pr bullshit..

This is the guy who takes over at Liverpool and says "ahhh it'll be a wee while before we see the group playing like Swansea did.." W-T-F.
      Disrespectful bullshit from you as usual! Change the record lad, that rookie has us sitting 2nd in the league.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #146: Nov 22, 2013 04:39:04 pm
      or he's got the job as academy boss !

Now that is a scary thought. Be better off letting it run itself
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #147: Nov 22, 2013 05:10:36 pm
      A bit premature to say it was a 'bad decision' when nobody knows why they went. I'm sure Rodgers has perfectly legitimate reasons for doing this. His philosphy needs to be implemented from top to bottom if youth players are to come up through the ranks, and if he feels Borrell and McPartland are not up to his requirements then that's fair enough.

As with previous structural changes it remains to be seen if Brendan has been unduly influenced by any affecting factors.
      The suggestion might seem ludicrouse but the manager being monitored and censured regarding transfers is as impractical
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #148: Nov 22, 2013 05:38:21 pm

that looked more like the raheem sterling show. 

seriously, even all you BR haters must realize that BR is not dumb enough to have sacked those two right now unless he really had no choice.  He knows, he is playing everton this weekend.. and to rock the boat now in a critical stretch is just stupid.  If he really had intentions to sack them now, he would've done it at the beginning of the international break and not after.  From what we have heard about BR's personality, he is a great people manager... tells the players straight up his decision whether it is good or bad.  something must've happened and BR / FSG made the decision to part ways with those two.

I also believe we will never learn the truth as FSG will give some BS reason for this.  this is to protect themselves and also borrell / McParland so they can get jobs elsewhere.   
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #149: Nov 22, 2013 05:41:03 pm
      If we are speculating, then maybe Rodgers was expecting more out of some of the younger guys (i.e. Sterling) and he's not happy with their progress. We see it one way, but he sees it completely different as he's with those kids day in and day out when they are training with the older fellas.

Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #150: Nov 22, 2013 05:49:29 pm
      I have just seen this posted on another site

Liverpool Football Club can confirm it has reached agreement with Academy director, Frank McParland, and head of Academy coaching, Rodolfo Borrell Marco, that they will leave the club.

Club management were quick to praise the outgoing pair for their contribution.

Managing director, Ian Ayre, commented: "We would like to place on record our thanks to both Frank and Rodolfo for the dedication and professionalism they have brought to the Academy.

"Under Frank's leadership, the Academy has produced a number of talented players who have progressed to first-team level. He has left solid foundations for future success.

"Rodolfo is a man totally dedicated to the profession of coaching and developing young talent, and the club has benefited greatly from his experience and expertise.

"The Academy will now be focused on moving in a new direction aligned to the overall aspirations of Liverpool Football Club and its long-term success."

The process is underway to identify and recruit new leadership for Liverpool's youth structure based at the state-of-the-art training facility at Kirkby.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/149665-lfc-pays-tribute-to-outgoing-kirkby-duo
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #151: Nov 22, 2013 05:51:20 pm
      This is apparently Rodolpho's message to the fans

Rodolfo's message for Reds supporters

Rodolfo Borrell today thanked Reds fans for their support during his time at the club – and paid a heartfelt tribute to the people of Liverpool.

Rodolfo, who arrived on Merseyside in July 2009, had previously spent 13 years coaching youngsters at Barcelona's La Masia.

"I knew before I arrived that Liverpool FC was a very special club," said Rodolfo. "I have now seen that this is an understatement.

"I have enjoyed every moment in this wonderfully strong and independent city and my heartfelt gratitude goes to all of the players and staff that I've had the privilege of working with.

"I'd like to say a special thank-you to the club's supporters. Things change at football clubs all the time. This is part of the game.

"There are exciting times to come for Liverpool supporters and I'd like to wish Brendan, his staff, and the players, all the best for the future. YNWA."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/149664-rodolfo-s-message-for-reds-supporters
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #152: Nov 22, 2013 05:56:28 pm
      He's only been here for four years, but you wouldn't expect someone who is labelled as a world class coach to be sacked because of poor coaching/managing of the youth team.

With FFP coming in, I just hope this doesn't effect the future of our team
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #153: Nov 22, 2013 05:59:46 pm
      There doesn't seem to be any gross misconduct then.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #154: Nov 22, 2013 06:04:47 pm
      There doesn't seem to be any gross misconduct then.

No, and reading the club's press release you're left scratching your head and thinking, why?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #155: Nov 22, 2013 06:10:31 pm
      No, and reading the club's press release you're left scratching your head and thinking, why?

Maybe they aren't prepared to be "yes men". Find it incredibly hard to believe though, do the club know what they are actually doing? The owners don't even know what football is unless you say soccer and I'd be amazed if they knew how to spell Liverpool Football Club let alone understand what the club is about. As for Ayre, well the less said about him the better, he's just their bi*ch.

Even more shocking that there hasn't even been a replacement announced! Masterstroke getting rid of these 2 with no one ready to take over.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #156: Nov 22, 2013 06:19:14 pm
      Maybe they aren't prepared to be "yes men". Find it incredibly hard to believe though, do the club know what they are actually doing? The owners don't even know what football is unless you say soccer and I'd be amazed if they knew how to spell Liverpool Football Club let alone understand what the club is about. As for Ayre, well the less said about him the better, he's just their bi*ch.

Even more shocking that there hasn't even been a replacement announced! Masterstroke getting rid of these 2 with no one ready to take over.

Couldn't agree more, I cannot believe as you say, that there is no one ready to take over.
      I feel very sorry for the youngsters, they must be feeling very apprehensive.
      I always thought we were incredibly lucky to have Rodolpho, I doubt he'll be out of work long. Someone has very big boots to fill.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #157: Nov 22, 2013 06:26:32 pm
      I don't think this is the way the club should or has treated people especially talented loyal people. What happens if Brendan gets the sack or decides another job is better than this one we have to start again. It's hard to see a good footballing reason for this its not as though the Academy has been producing long ball hoofers that don't fit Brendan's idea of the perfect player. Brendan hasn't exactly been the best judge of talent .
      Some have suggested Kenny may take more of a role in the Academy but I don't see that as a good fit either.Hey ho a derby win will cheer everyone up
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #158: Nov 22, 2013 06:27:22 pm
      If we are speculating, then maybe Rodgers was expecting more out of some of the younger guys (i.e. Sterling) and he's not happy with their progress.
      I'm sure there's a simple explanation for it all - I'm just not sure lack of ability on their [B & McP] behalf is that explanation or indeed creditable.
      « Last Edit: Nov 22, 2013 06:42:47 pm by bad boy bubby »
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #159: Nov 22, 2013 06:37:35 pm
      playing a bit of devils advocate here.

even after reading what LFC released... i still think something has gone on.  Their statement is so cookie cutter that I'm sure we have read the same statement many times... every time someone leaves LFC actually.

to my earlier post, the timing is odd... the fact they have no replacement is odd.... really points to a split second decision because they had no choice.

the statements released, that is standard PR stuff... i think many of us could've guessed what they would have wrote before it was made public.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #160: Nov 22, 2013 06:38:16 pm
      I don't think this is the way the club should or has treated people especially talented loyal people. What happens if Brendan gets the sack or decides another job is better than this one we have to start again. It's hard to see a good footballing reason for this its not as though the Academy has been producing long ball hoofers that don't fit Brendan's idea of the perfect player. Brendan hasn't exactly been the best judge of talent .
      Some have suggested Kenny may take more of a role in the Academy but I don't see that as a good fit either.Hey ho a derby win will cheer everyone up

This whole episode just leaves a rather nasty taste in the mouth. As you say talented, loyal people should not be treated like this. It's just sad!

Quick Reply