Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC's Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      110 (67.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Agger
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Jon Flanagan
      34 (21%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (1.9%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1.2%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (0.6%)
      Luis Suarez
      7 (4.3%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      2 (1.2%)
      Victor Moses
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: Nov 28, 2013 02:43:20 pm

Everton 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debates

Read 43106 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Re: Everton 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debates
      Reply #713: Nov 26, 2013 11:28:24 am
      What planet are you on 'berry' it was the refs fault Mirallass was still on the field if play ff's can't believe I'm even discussing this with a fellow supporter, Dowd may not have done Suarez himself but he failed to protect him and Henderson and in fact every other player in red by keeping him on the pitch , another bout of ineptitude , two things should happen now after the event, that other bunch of useless no marks namely the FA should serve at least a 3 match ban to the 'animal' Mirallas, and they should ban the 'inept ' Dowd from ever reffing a premier league match again this season ,

Beam me up Scotty  !

YNWA

Is entirely correct mate and this piece of news wants the FA in general beamed up and fu**ed off altogether:
      Wes Brown's red card for a tackle on Stoke's Charlie Adam is expected to be rescinded by the FA and referee Kevin Friend has not been given a match for the next two rounds of Premier League games.

Disciplinary action by the FA for an oversight in one incident during a game, subsequently rectified.
      Will the inconsistent, inefficient, corrupt FA take similar retrospective action against Dowd who completely fu**ed up more than once and ruined the game? 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #714: Nov 26, 2013 11:48:58 am
      Gerrard, Agger, Henderson, Lucas, Skrtel, Johnson, Moses and Allen all made 'inept' errors in the Derby.  Be interesting to see if they are all dropped, as some are saying Dowd should be.
      ;D

That will be down to Brendan tho'; won't it 'berry?

And.. although you may have missed it there are certainly enough fans suggesting, in many different threads, that each of the players, you mention, should be dropped. 

Dowd being 'dropped', however, will be down to his paymasters who have already dropped Friend for his mistake at the weekend and Taylor, dropped after F***ing up in the Cardiff/Chelsea game.

I believe Dowd, the yellow f**ker that he was, should be 'dropped' too. There's "inept", there's "mistakes" and then there's wilful neglect. Dowd let Mirallas continue to kick and elbow long after he should have been sent off. 
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2013 12:09:56 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #715: Nov 26, 2013 12:00:29 pm
      If two mistakes in a game make you inept, by default, every player on that pitch was inept.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #716: Nov 26, 2013 12:09:31 pm
      If two mistakes in a game make you inept, by default, every player on that pitch was inept.
      Very good.   :gt-happyup:

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #717: Nov 26, 2013 12:15:47 pm
      It's a little different to compare the mistake of a footballer to the mistake of a referee. I can't see given his position, how it was possible for Dowd to misjudge the incident. He also failed to see two other occasions where Mirallas could've easily been issued a second yellow.

The referee had a shocker. Dropped indeed.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #718: Nov 26, 2013 12:29:38 pm
      I'm with BillyTheRed. Mirallas was out to maim our key players and get a reaction for us to see red. Thankfully we didn't fall into that trap.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #719: Nov 26, 2013 12:34:09 pm
      Yes, the ref had a shocker and I was F***ing fuming that Mirallas stayed on the pitch and continued his thuggery.

Gerrard went after the wrong player with his elbow.

Despite the F**k ups, it was an absolute cracker of a game, and I think on balance a draw was a fair result, although if dowd had done his job properly then it could have been very different. (The Gerrard "elbow" was at most a yellow).

You kind of expect to see things like that in a derby, but it didn't stop me getting angry about it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #720: Nov 26, 2013 12:34:12 pm
      I'm so sorry I don't believe in bashing refs, especially when they've made fewer mistakes than every player on the pitch.  I just don't expect refs to get 100% of decisions right and it doesn't matter if those mistakes are big or small, they happen.  Wrong side of the foul, not positionally, just visually and an Everton player runs past his line of sight as it happens.  Again I'm not saying he hasn't made a mistake, he has, just that his performance wasn't inept.

If you want to bash the ref for anything, it would be that maybe he actually did know it was a red card, but took the decision that the game had reached a high boiling point and a red card could have seen him lose control of the game.  I think cowardly would be too strong a phrase, but it would be a weak decision and it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a ref do this kind of thing, a ref on 606 said he has done exactly this.  I'm not one for video reffing, I'm not even entirely comfortable with goal line technology, but refs should have to review their own performance and have the power to rectify mistakes when it comes to cards and the FA should allow them.  A short prepared statement, after a ref has had a chance to review his game, wouldn't go amiss either. Their is no need for a wall of silence from officials, especially if fans stop expecting them to get 100% of decisions right.
      the thing is, mirallas should be facing a ban for dangerous play and he is not. If Suarez did that challenge to mirallas he would have been off. A player was sent off without contact on the same day. Scorelines should be based on players ability not refereeing mistakes. Referees are looking pretty stupid after Saturday and it is a real blow to respecting the ref campaign. Referees are above criticism by managers and players but it is about time referees explain their decisions. If after a match he said he made his choice because of the noise the home crowd was making,  or because he guessed what was most likely then you can imagine that they won't be reffing in the premier league for some time. Hard to imagine what they would say about failing to send off a player that left stud marks in the middle of a players leg.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6385 
      Reply #721: Nov 26, 2013 12:35:55 pm
      I'm so sorry I don't believe in bashing refs, especially when they've made fewer mistakes than every player on the pitch.

It's one thing to make a mistake on something you clearly didn't witness. Dowd was right there and on top of that, there was physical evidence of the play (the blood on Suarez's leg) that clearly indicates a knee high challenge with studs up.

It's such an easy call to make that it's almost criminal to suggest Dowd "missed" anything. In fact if I didn't know better, I would almost think that he had an agenda against Liverpool when you put that missed call along with some of his other decisions (the yellow on Joe Allen, and the no call when Danny and Henderson took shots that drew blood).
      Part of the official's job is to protect the players and he failed at that. He deserves reprimand or discipline for his performance.

Yes, I make mistakes in my job sometimes as do most people...and like most people I would be punished for making glaring mistakes that resulted from a lack of focus or application of skill that I am supposed to possess.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #722: Nov 26, 2013 12:42:51 pm
      When I saw the challenge I thought he was looking at Suarez leg the whole time.  Imho, violent conduct. 3 match ban minimum. This yellow card **** is annoying,  would have rather him bit Suarez on the arm, atleast that aint going have a chance to end a career.  Punishments need to be merited on possible consequences.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #723: Nov 26, 2013 01:39:48 pm
      Brendan did mention that if it had been the other way round Luis would have got a straight red and a further ban for violent conduct.No word from the FA sohe has got away with it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #724: Nov 26, 2013 01:44:44 pm
      I'm so sorry I don't believe in bashing refs, especially when they've made fewer mistakes than every player on the pitch.  I just don't expect refs to get 100% of decisions right and it doesn't matter if those mistakes are big or small, they happen.  Wrong side of the foul, not positionally, just visually and an Everton player runs past his line of sight as it happens.  Again I'm not saying he hasn't made a mistake, he has, just that his performance wasn't inept.

If you want to bash the ref for anything, it would be that maybe he actually did know it was a red card, but took the decision that the game had reached a high boiling point and a red card could have seen him lose control of the game.  I think cowardly would be too strong a phrase, but it would be a weak decision and it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a ref do this kind of thing, a ref on 606 said he has done exactly this.  I'm not one for video reffing, I'm not even entirely comfortable with goal line technology, but refs should have to review their own performance and have the power to rectify mistakes when it comes to cards and the FA should allow them.  A short prepared statement, after a ref has had a chance to review his game, wouldn't go amiss either. Their is no need for a wall of silence from officials, especially if fans stop expecting them to get 100% of decisions right.

It's not about ref bashing, it's pointing out that he failed in his duty as a 'professional' to protect all players on the pitch, including those in blue, here's a thought, if Dowd seemed it necessary to eventually hand out a yellow card, what was going thru his mind immediatley after the incident to the moment he threw the card up in the air, now if i'm not mistaken are'nt the Ref and the assistants all miked up ?
      why did'nt his assistant go to his aid, why did'nt Dowd consult said assistant if indeed his line of sight was impeded, he clearly new something more severe happened rather than a bad tackle, hence the delay in his actions, i go back to the point, what was going thru his mind during the interim ?

to counter your arguement that he thought it was indeed a red card and decided that that action would make matters worse is further evidence of his ineptitude, and again failing to carry out his professional duty,
      you can dress it up how you like 'Berry' the fact remains he failed, not only himself but that of his profession,

where i do agree with you is the introduction of technology, for the life of me i will never understand why the Governing bodies are so slow in bringing this about, todays game is alot faster than before,players are more like athletes's than footballers, so as the game changes so must the people who run it,
      we have seen how other sports have embraced technology, like rugby union/league  cricket & tennis, football should follow suit, not only will it enhance the game itself, decisions such as that of the cowardice and inept Dowd would be irradicated, and therfore with it ineptitude, bad decision making and of course Ref bashing.

YNWA
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #725: Nov 26, 2013 02:00:33 pm
      Agree with you Billy, and personally I believe referee's, like players, need to be demoted when making such terrible decisions. Heck, is the decision even questionable in itself? Absolutely not. It was the most obvious red card offence you'll come across. If that tackle did not warrant a red card, then what would warrant a red card in today's game?

Someone mentioned how the biggest error on Sunday was Joe Allens missed sitter. Would you prefer he missed the sitter with two points lost? Or would you prefer we won the game, but with Suarez needing an ACL/MCL reconstruction and being out for the remainder of the season? That decision alone renders Phil Dowd as a fat incompetent pr**k. Hope he doesn't officiate in another Liverpool game again.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #726: Nov 26, 2013 05:20:32 pm
      Agree with you Billy, and personally I believe referee's, like players, need to be demoted when making such terrible decisions. Heck, is the decision even questionable in itself? Absolutely not. It was the most obvious red card offence you'll come across. If that tackle did not warrant a red card, then what would warrant a red card in today's game?

Someone mentioned how the biggest error on Sunday was Joe Allens missed sitter. Would you prefer he missed the sitter with two points lost? Or would you prefer we won the game, but with Suarez needing an ACL/MCL reconstruction and being out for the remainder of the season? That decision alone renders Phil Dowd as a fat incompetent pr**k. Hope he doesn't officiate in another Liverpool game again.
      and they say Dowd has lost weight, he's down to his last four chins now...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #727: Nov 27, 2013 10:05:03 am
      It's not about ref bashing, it's pointing out that he failed in his duty as a 'professional' to protect all players on the pitch, including those in blue, here's a thought, if Dowd seemed it necessary to eventually hand out a yellow card, what was going thru his mind immediatley after the incident to the moment he threw the card up in the air, now if i'm not mistaken are'nt the Ref and the assistants all miked up ?
      why did'nt his assistant go to his aid, why did'nt Dowd consult said assistant if indeed his line of sight was impeded, he clearly new something more severe happened rather than a bad tackle, hence the delay in his actions, i go back to the point, what was going thru his mind during the interim ?

to counter your arguement that he thought it was indeed a red card and decided that that action would make matters worse is further evidence of his ineptitude, and again failing to carry out his professional duty,
      you can dress it up how you like 'Berry' the fact remains he failed, not only himself but that of his profession,

where i do agree with you is the introduction of technology, for the life of me i will never understand why the Governing bodies are so slow in bringing this about, todays game is alot faster than before,players are more like athletes's than footballers, so as the game changes so must the people who run it,
      we have seen how other sports have embraced technology, like rugby union/league  cricket & tennis, football should follow suit, not only will it enhance the game itself, decisions such as that of the cowardice and inept Dowd would be irradicated, and therfore with it ineptitude, bad decision making and of course Ref bashing.

YNWA

Again, let me reiterate, because some are having trouble understanding, I don't think he got the decision right, the bit I have issue with is 2 mistakes during the whole game and he's inept? That's the joke.  The player making that kind of challenge is the disgrace, not the ref.  Yes, refs are miked up, he is seen using it during the delay, I didn't really notice which side they were operating or their line of vision on the incident.

Your counter-argument makes no sense, because I've stated if that is what happened, it has compounded his error, I just stated that it does happen and wouldn't surprise me if it was part of his thought process.  Again, not said it's right at all.

And you're naïve if you think ref bashing will ever stop, I've seen refs get it from both sides, after good performances, quite often because it's easier to blame the 'w**ker in the black' than your own players/manager and it's been like that ever since my first game.

And as for more technology, that can bugger off, I like mistakes in football and I know a fair few rugby league fans that say technology has ruined the game and made huge cowards out of refs, who just won't make a decision at all.  No problem with extra assistants or even a ref in each half, but technology can do one on the pitch.  The only real change I'd like to see is taking timekeeping off the ref.
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Reply #728: Nov 27, 2013 10:24:25 am
      Again, let me reiterate, because some are having trouble understanding, I don't think he got the decision right, the bit I have issue with is 2 mistakes during the whole game and he's inept? That's the joke.  The player making that kind of challenge is the disgrace, not the ref.  Yes, refs are miked up, he is seen using it during the delay, I didn't really notice which side they were operating or their line of vision on the incident.

Your counter-argument makes no sense, because I've stated if that is what happened, it has compounded his error, I just stated that it does happen and wouldn't surprise me if it was part of his thought process.  Again, not said it's right at all.

And you're naïve if you think ref bashing will ever stop, I've seen refs get it from both sides, after good performances, quite often because it's easier to blame the 'w**ker in the black' than your own players/manager and it's been like that ever since my first game.

And as for more technology, that can bugger off, I like mistakes in football and I know a fair few rugby league fans that say technology has ruined the game and made huge cowards out of refs, who just won't make a decision at all.  No problem with extra assistants or even a ref in each half, but technology can do one on the pitch.  The only real change I'd like to see is taking timekeeping off the ref.

Agree with you Roddenberry, those two decisions aside he was ok, but the fact is that he got the biggest decision of the game horrendously wrong, mirallas should have been off and it would have completely changed the dynamics of the game.

He bottled the big decision and for that reason he had a very poor game. This weekend shows he's not the only one, but something should be done because for me there's nothing more infuriating than such blatant poor decisions.

Agree rugby league have taken it too far, and it interrupts the game too much now however with all of the tv camera angles we have now, why can't we give the ref of an option of a tv replay on a screen so he can make his own decision based on a different angle. This could be done whilst the player is down injured, as it took Suarez about 4 mins to get back up, easily enough time for review.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #729: Nov 27, 2013 12:29:00 pm
      Wonder whether the referees are serious about doing a proper job or just fooling around with their glaring mistakes week in week out, broadcasted worldwide? Suarez showed the stud marks on the leg, what else he needs to prove for the idiotic ref to produce a red card? A totally detached leg??? The FA is a real big laughing stock at the moment.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #730: Nov 27, 2013 01:03:18 pm
      One thing, besides all the f**king about by referees last weekend, is certain:

Blown lead or not, seeing the rapturous jubilation, the euphoric, giddy anticipation of the win stripped from the goodison crowds' faces after Studge's equalizer is absolutely positively what I f**king live for.

Quick Reply